Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? (41323 Views)

My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by thundafire: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2020
hekkyboi:

please edit so we can comprehend
thanks I was in a rush, anyway have done just that
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Strokephysio(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
Go
to a vet and get ARCHARICIDE bath your dog daily with it for a week.. THANK ME LATER
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by peeta4u(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please my dog has a lot of Bugs on the Body, Please what can i use to remove the bugs, they are sucking blood from the Dog, thereby not allowing the Dog to Grow as it suppose to, From sad experience i don't want to use Sniper or all those chemicals, cos that was what killed my friends Dog.

I need something mild but effective...
Thanks, don't mine my errors
Go to a pet store and buy tick spray or shampoos. They ar very effective.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by jubrilcastle(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
onward4life:

Go buy piff paff.. powder

Verily very effective
Just what I want to recommend too. It's also called insect powder. Or get 'kettract' spelling might be wrong but those chemist shop should understand tho. It's a tablet
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by melaninpop: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
There is an injection for that. It lasts for about 1week in their system. Within that 1week, all the ticks on the dog's body will die and fall off and you can also fumigate it's house and the whole compound.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by DIMGUY(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
Call a Calabar man
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by dammiedot(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2020
There is an injection you can give the dog and every tick on its body will die, you can then use sniper to fumigate the house. I will check for the name of the injection and get back to you
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Denzeld: 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Kill the dog and move on #WeMove
You must be a heartless soul. Have you ever owned a pet? Flea infection is the least thing to put a dog down for. Think before you open your dirty mouth.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by FairAdvocate(m): 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
Sniper is d way... Thank me later bro grin
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by twinke209(m): 1:04am On Sep 12, 2020
Get Zamitrax it will solve the problem...

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by poseidonsaiz(m): 3:34am On Sep 12, 2020
We fabricate all sizes of block moulding machine. Mostly the egg laying type.
Our machines can produce various types of hollow blocks, solid bricks, interlocks, pavers, and curbstones, etc.
It also has functions avoiding mechanical accidents caused by operational mistakes;
Uses multi-shaft rotating and compulsory feeding, which greatly improves the density and intensity of the blocks, and reduces the feeding time as well.
Fabrication time takes 4weeks.
You can call or Whatsapp us on 07011561993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlCFWXp52c

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Hedgedog: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2020
Op to to vetinary or drug store and buy Amitraz.
It is used like dettol. You will see wonders happening
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please my dog has a lot of Bugs on the Body, Please what can i use to remove the bugs, they are sucking blood from the Dog, thereby not allowing the Dog to Grow as it suppose to, From sad experience i don't want to use Sniper or all those chemicals, cos that was what killed my friends Dog.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by gobuchinny: 7:37am On Sep 12, 2020
seunH:
Simply go a a vet, he/she will administer Ivermectin injection in order to destroy the parasite from within, and you can also get an acaricidal bath like lime sulphur, armitraz, cypermethrin etc to bath your dog every week. But please make sure your dog's environment is clean and if you are financially buoyant enough, you can get Fipronil® spray for preventive measures. I hope this helps

thank you
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by marktpompido(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2020
Bath the dog with allum
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by chimzy105(f): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
seunH:
Simply go a a vet, he/she will administer Ivermectin injection in order to destroy the parasite from within, and you can also get an acaricidal bath like lime sulphur, armitraz, cypermethrin etc to bath your dog every week. But please make sure your dog's environment is clean and if you are financially buoyant enough, you can get Fipronil® spray for preventive measures. I hope this helps
Hmmmm.....but does ivermectin actually work?
My rabbit was suffering from ear mites and my vet said I should add 1ml of ivermectin to 1L of water. But to no avail. It left after a long time.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by seunH: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
chimzy105:

Hmmmm.....but does ivermectin actually work?
My rabbit was suffering from ear mites and my vet said I should add 1ml of ivermectin to 1L of water. But to no avail. It left after a long time.
It is not like that ma, I am not familiar with "Ivermectin dissolved in water", the one I'm sure of is Ivermectin Injection which is the most effective against parasites. Ivermectin I know usually comes as injectables hardly I've I ever heard "dissolved in water". if believe if your rabbit had been given Ivermectin injection rather than dissolve in water, the result would have been different.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by peterbello(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
seunH:

Please don't try it again, if you love your dog

Nothing wrong with piff paff (Rambo powder). It's permethrin. The only downside I see is that it's powder so it won't last on the dog as it will shake it off.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by peterbello(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
seunH:
It is not like that ma, I am not familiar with "Ivermectin dissolved in water", the one I'm sure of is Ivermectin Injection which is the most effective against parasites. Ivermectin I know usually comes as injectables hardly I've I ever heard "dissolved in water". if believe if your rabbit had been given Ivermectin injection rather than dissolve in water, the result would have been different.

Ivermectin comes in injectable, oral liquid and tablets. The injectable is the least preferred for me.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by One4me: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
barnawilla:

Cheapest remedy! bath the dog daily for a week, rub engine oil and give the dog aledin/black palm kernel oil to drink, it work like magic.

Thisis just for mild cases of worms. I used it myself in the past.
I recommended it to someone whose Dog has serious tick infection (even inside the ears fothe Dog was full of ticks), he used it but Dog died eventually.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by seunH: 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
peterbello:

Nothing wrong with piff paff (Rambo powder). It's permethrin. The only downside I see is that it's powder so it won't last on the dog as it will shake it off.
My dear brother, please don't mislead innocent pet owners based on speculation. Permetrin is a dangerous chemical if used indiscriminately. The concentration of permethrin in Rambo powder is very high because its not designed for topical use rather for use over inanimate objects. When you apply Rambo powder on your pet, you run the risk of your dog licking the raw powder, you run the risk of your pet inhaling it, you run the risk of it been absorbed into the your dog's skin at lethal doses especially if there is an open wound/ bruise leading to it getting absorbed directly into the blood stream, all these can lead to neurological effects which may include convulsion, coma or even death. I hope you remembered the case of the girl whose mother attempted to used sniper to kill lice on her hair and ended up killing the girl !!!. Please to the general public let's follow due process with regards treating our pets and avoid short cuts.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by seunH: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
peterbello:

Ivermectin comes in injectable, oral liquid and tablets. The injectable is the least preferred for me.
My dear brother, your preference is subjective, and my duty as a Veterinarian is to proffer standard solutions based on generally accepted treatment methods which has been tested and trusted. I still insist that I have never heard of Ivermectin bath (dissolving Ivermectin in water) as preferred method over injection, that is even if it exists. In pharmacology, the fastest and most effective route of drug administration is via injection (IV/IM/SC). Hence your preference does not change the efficacy. Please let's be guided to avoid misleading the public.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by peterbello(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2020
seunH:
My dear brother, your preference is subjective, and my duty as a Veterinarian is to proffer standard solutions based on generally accepted treatment methods which has been tested and trusted. I still insist that I have never heard of Ivermectin bath (dissolving Ivermectin in water) as preferred method over injection, that is even if it exists. In pharmacology, the fastest and most effective route of drug administration is via injection (IV/IM/SC). Hence your preference does not change the efficacy. Please let's be guided to avoid misleading the public.

I am afraid you are the one misleading the public here. Nobody is disputing the effectiveness and absorption rate of injections. You said you are not familiar with other forms of ivermectin and I told you about others and the one I prefer. You vets are quick to pull out syringes at the slightest opportunity without using other simpler methods or looking at the effect on the animal and the owner. It's not everyone that has access to a vet or the cut throat charges they force on people just to treat something as trivial as a tick or mite infestation.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by peterbello(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2020
seunH:
My dear brother, please don't mislead innocent pet owners based on speculation. Permetrin is a dangerous chemical if used indiscriminately. The concentration of permethrin in Rambo powder is very high because its not designed for topical use rather for use over inanimate objects. When you apply Rambo powder on your pet, you run the risk of your dog licking the raw powder, you run the risk of your pet inhaling it, you run the risk of it been absorbed into the your dog's skin at lethal doses especially if there is an open wound/ bruise leading to it getting absorbed directly into the blood stream, all these can lead to neurological effects which may include convulsion, coma or even death. I hope you remembered the case of the girl whose mother attempted to used sniper to kill lice on her hair and ended up killing the girl !!!. Please to the general public let's follow due process with regards treating our pets and avoid short cuts.

If you are truly a vet and you analyze permethrin like this after recommending cypermethrin then, I am disappointed and ashamed for you. DDVP (Sniper) and (Cy)permethrin are different classes of insecticide. Permethrin is only toxic to fish vertebrates and cats. Other than that, it is safe. Sniper is plain poison.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by seunH: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
peterbello:

If you are truly a vet and you analyze permethrin like this after recommending cypermethrin then, I am disappointed and ashamed for you. DDVP (Sniper) and (Cy)permethrin are different classes of insecticide. Permethrin is only toxic to fish vertebrates and cats. Other than that, it is safe. Sniper is plain poison.
My dear brother, you have been corrected by a qualified professional, simply gain knowledge and move on. Read my post again, I never said Rambo is not effective against ectoparasites, what I said was that the formulation of Rambo as an insecticide is not designed for topical use rather for use on inanimate objects because of the high concentration of permethrin in it, which can be dangerous to your pet if applied topically. But if you insist that permethrin is harmless, next time your neighbour's child has scabies or lice, advice him or her to buy Rambo powder and rub it all over the child's body or you can spray a whole can of any insecticide of your choice (rambo, baygon etc) lock the windows and doors and stay inside and let's see the outcome. The reason I used Sniper as an example was to show the possibility of insecticides causing harm by passing through the skin. Legally I'm not supposed to have this argument with you except you a qualified veterinarian but for the sake of preventing innocent pet owners from falling victim I decided to engage you.

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by seunH: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
peterbello:

I am afraid you are the one misleading the public here. Nobody is disputing the effectiveness and absorption rate of injections. You said you are not familiar with other forms of ivermectin and I told you about others and the one I prefer. You vets are quick to pull out syringes at the slightest opportunity without using other simpler methods or looking at the effect on the animal and the owner. It's not everyone that has access to a vet or the cut throat charges they force on people just to treat something as trivial as a tick or mite infestation.
Sincerely my brother I now understand, especially the last part. But I also want you to know, that as Veterinarians our priority is a save life and minimize suffering of animals. Our methods of treatment are not subjective or speculative but based on tested and trusted methods under the guidance of learned professionals. If a qualified Veterinarian tells you ivermectin inj is the best based on the situation on ground, you just have to take it like that because legally my brother you don't have the right to prefer and come on social media to show your preference as the best, its only a vet that can do that, which is even subjected to ratification by senior colleagues. You can only discuss your preference with your vet and he/she may find a way around it.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by UGJ2: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
seunH:
yes fipronil is very effective!
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by RomanianNinja: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2020
Denzeld:

You must be a heartless soul. Have you ever owned a pet? Flea infection is the least thing to put a dog down for. Think before you open your dirty mouth.
Who be this one? You're just as dirty as your dog... Anuofia
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by frowland(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

Fipro Action (3,500), last for 3-4 month. Spray and watch the ticks dry off the next day. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Nackzy: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2020
frowland:

Fipro Action (3,500), last for 3-4 month. Spray and watch the ticks dry off the next day. Thank me later.
Thanks man
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by anthonysmith123: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2020
Fleas are the biggest problem you can meet when you own a pet at home. I watched with tears as my dog suffered from fleas. I've made everything to treat my dog from these pests and of course, I disinfected the yard and home. Try to use such flea sprays https://trappedia.com/best-flea-spray-for-yard/ in your yard to destroy all fleas and prevent your pets to be infected with these pests.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by prosper87: 1:36am On Sep 30, 2020
stevens tick and flee spray works like magic
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by jonemark(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
If really want to give relief to your dog then you should need use the roomba e5 leaving clumps of hair, its remove the all bugs from your dog and it enjoy the easy life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dog Owner Offers N100K Reward For Missing Dogs, Romulus & Remus (Photo) / Shadow The Destroyer / See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.