Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Im Confused, Please Matured Advice - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Im Confused, Please Matured Advice (3539 Views)

Matured Advice Pls, She Is Breaking Up With Me Cos Of This (pics) / Im Confused / Im Confused And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
be patient and get the best from the lord.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
^when did you become so religious.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2011
i've always been, sister. only you don't know me that much
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2011
you've always been religious on nl?

anyway, i'm just surprised, that's all.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Zahnda(f): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
FFS! At 42 you still need approval and assistance in living your life? Do what feels right to u, u already know what it is now Bleep everything and everyone else and just do u. Everything else obviously hasn't worked for u thus far. Good Luck.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by SisiKill1: 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2011
simpleseyi:

Do not be unequally yoked with an un-believer. Who is an un-believer? Did the bible state anywhere that a muslim is an un-believer? To me an un-believer is someone who does not believer that there is God including those that worship idols. The chief Imam of my mosque is married to a christian. Please note that we muslims are not begging to marry you christians. I fyou think that you are too good for us, please let us be.

You all make me sad. How do you think that God feels  when He sees us His children dividing ourselves according to religion. Religion is supposed to bring us closer to God but from different perspective but unfortuantely we are drifting further away from God due to religion. It borthers me that worshippers ogun (god of iron in Yoruba land) and sango (god of thunder in Yoruba land) do not discriminate against each other but we that say that we worship God hate each other. I am a Muslim, I went to catholic primary and secondary school, so everyday, i was in the church except saturday. Sunday while coming from the morning Islamic prayers, I stop by at my catholic friend's house and we go to the church together.

You are free to call me names but I know that God is not happy that we are dividing and creating hatred between ourselves in the name of religion. I was telling one of my new born-again RCCG member friends that I went to catholic schools and I was always in the church, he say too bad, he said further that catholics worship idols, another day, I told him that the previous sunday I was in Celestial church with my friend who is a member, my new RCCG friend warned me never to go there again because according to him, Celestial church members do rituals and fetism. I felt sorry for him because he is ignorant.  My Anglican uncle married a Jehovah witness and you know what? The wife was suspended from the Jehovah witness' gathering because she married from people of the world. All these christians that discriminate against christians of other sect, what will such christians say about muslims?

I am a muslim as a said earlier and my wife is a christian. I go to the mosque while she goes to the church. Occassionally, I drive her to the church and worship with them. There is no reason why religion should be a factor in marriage or marriage be a factor in religion. If it is religion that should determine marriage why does some christian marriages end in divorce or some muslim marriages end in divorce?  GOODLUCK

Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MissyB3(f): 12:48am On Feb 25, 2011
simpleseyi:

Do not be unequally yoked with an un-believer. Who is an un-believer? Did the bible state anywhere that a muslim is an un-believer? To me an un-believer is someone who does not believer that there is God including those that worship idols. about muslims?
Christians have a common interpretation of the word ''un-believer''. If you do not believe in the sovereignty of God [of the Bible], the teachings of Christ and every thing He represents, you're the un-believer the Bible talks about [ Full stop].
And if I'm correct, the ideas of christians and muslims on the issue of divinity clash in many aspects, so let's not kid ourselves.  cool Everyone is a 'believer' . . . . the question is - believer of what?

simpleseyi:

You all make me sad. How do you think that God feels  when He sees us His children dividing ourselves according to religion. Religion is supposed to bring us closer to God but from different perspective but unfortuantely we are drifting further away from God due to religion. It borthers me that worshippers ogun (god of iron in Yoruba land) and sango (god of thunder in Yoruba land) do not discriminate against each other but we that say that we worship God hate each other.
Hmmm . . . This 'God' you keep referring to, which exactly? God of the Bible  or the muslim god?

I often laugh when people preach unity when the issue of religion is raised. How is it possible for us to be the same [ at least, in this aspect] when we obviously aren't?!
You think 1+1=3 and and I think 1+1=4 . . .You wouldn't change your opinion, neither would I. Just how do I shove all that aside, wear a false smile and say bodly, 'We both understand addition and are good at it', when the next time we're asked to compute 1+1 we'd be fighting each other?!
Tolerance - Yes . . . . 'We're one' - For those that enjoy lying to themselves.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Advocator: 12:51am On Feb 25, 2011
My advice to you is marry the fella is he's the right person, Islam don't force people to join their religion, as a matter fact, we respect other faiths to the peak. That being a solution, I think I'm done here.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 2:30am On Feb 25, 2011
George_D:

teetee,
that imam is not your husband as light and darkness cannot meet. just be patient and
you will be glad you did.

Who told u the Imam is not her husband? Are u God?
Then which is light and which is darkness?
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 2:40am On Feb 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Christians have a common interpretation of the word ''un-believer''. If you do not believe in the sovereignty of [b]God [of the Bible], the teachings of Christ and every thing He represents, you're the un-believer the Bible talks about [ Full stop]. [/b]
And if I'm correct, the idea of christians and muslims on the issue of divinity clash in many aspects, so let's not kid ourselves.  cool Everyone is a 'believer' . . . . the question is - believer of what?
Hmmm . . . This 'God' you keep referring to, which exactly? God of the Bible  or the muslim god?

I often laugh when people preach unity when the issue of religion is raised. How is it possible for us to be the same [ at least, in this aspect] when we obviously aren't?!
You think 1+1=3 and and I think 1+1=4 . . .You wouldn't change your opinion, neither would I. Just how do I shove all that aside, wear a false smile and say bodly, 'We both understand addition and are good at it', when the next time we're asked to compute 1+1 we'd be fighting each other?!
Tolerance - Yes . . . . 'We're one' - For those that enjoy lying to themselves.

@ bolded 1: Who is an unbeliever according to the bible? Someone who does not believe in God I assume. So who told u muslims do not believe in the sovereignty of God?

@ bolded 2: Muslim God with a small g? shocked shocked. Let me reveal one shocking news to u. YOUR JESUS WAS A MUSLIM.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by ShyOne(f): 2:46am On Feb 25, 2011
Talk to God

This is too serious and important to ask NL in regard to marriage

Obviously you need to cement your relationship with God so you will know it is God's voice directing you - once you hear God's voice you won't have to ask anyone else.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 2:48am On Feb 25, 2011
andromida:

Dear poster, an Imam? and you a xtian if everybody will lie to you tell yourself the truth. He wants you to join him in his religion.God is not a man that he should lie,neither the son of man that he should repent has he said it and will he not do it? or has he spoken and will not fulfill it? numbers 23:19. also if we are faithless,he will remain faithful for he cannot disown himself. 2Timothy 2:13 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Heb:11:1. You have waited this long don"t give up on God no matter how hard it is. It is good that you desire a husband, it is what YOU want don"t let anybody tell you you are wrong to desire marriage now. While alive and kicking you have a right to have desires and thoughts, and even regrets it is part of being human.

You are winning souls for God now how will you feel with your kids being muslims? stay with God"s word and remember the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.

I know it is very hard for you right now to trust God, you are asking Questions but u knw the mind of God its in the scriptures and the scriptures cannot be broken.
and if you decide to marry the  imam no one can judge you except God.

Is an Imam a devil?? So It is now a sin in christianity to marry an Imam that God will have to judge that too. grin grin Clown!!
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by LadyT(f): 3:29am On Feb 25, 2011
My aunt is married to a mussy he allows her to go to church but not her kids they are being raised as muslims. Its not my cup of tea but shes happy and thats all that matters. If he doesnt ask you to convert and hes unlikely to change his mind then fine but dont count on your kids being allowed to church.

Sadly as a woman time isnt on our side and I can understand your need for speed now at 42.

All the best

kiss
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by gfhotee: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2011
PLEASE TAKE TIME AND READ THROUGH

This topic is gradually turning to an argument of religion, which is the right and which is the wrong, which is darkness and which is light, whose God should be referred with small "g" and which with big "G". I so much appreciate Missy, contribution except where she used small g for muslims, but I guess and want to believe it was a typo error, cos she has spoken too well and well enlightened.
Now let me try and advice that even though there's no way we wont touch the religious difference because her case is a religious sensitive issue. But lets take it this way, remove the religion she belongs to and bear in mind according to her that she wants to be faithful to her religion, now look deep into what the religion she belongs to sees about her marrying someone from the other religion, and I guess you cannot do that without being vast on her religion or rather investigate maybe via goggle about what her religion stands for in inter religious marriages.
This way we will not have to argue religion, which itself is a sin, cos no one will accept that his/her own religion is not the true one. So lets not start a religious war on NL, lets try help this woman make her decision that's all she requires of us. I am a Christian, but I love some parts of the Islamic religion and I respect those of them that are matured in their belief. My half brother whom I grew up with is a Muslim, a core one and I have learnt so many things from him, my Aunties and maternal family cos they are muslims. Yet I believe so strongly in my faith cos its working for me.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS!
@Poster, please we need frequent response from you as well and please when you decide, lets know your decision.

I have used NL to solve my matrimonial issue and it worked just well for me. Now I am having the best marriage has never given me. God will see you through, just have a good sense of judgement from what pple have been saying here, pick up the good, reasonable ones and make your decisions out of it. Note popular opinion always matters. Goodluck.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MissyB3(f): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2011
Murphy G:

@ bolded 2: Muslim God with a small g? shocked shocked. Let me reveal one shocking news to u. YOUR JESUS WAS A MUSLIM.
How typical!

Murphy G:

@ bolded 1: Who is an unbeliever according to the bible? Someone who does not believe in God I assume. So who told u muslims do not believe in the sovereignty of God?
I said ''God of the Bible''. . . .  the Christian God.
You could believe in 100 gods but if not in the God of the Bible, you're the un-believer the Bible talks about. Clear and simple!
If I must spell it out. . . . We do not consider muslims believers because you are not.
Quit trying to convince us you are.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

How typical!
I said ''God of the Bible''. . . .  the Christian God.
You could believe in 100 gods but if not in the God of the Bible, you're the un-believer the Bible talks about. Clear and simple!
If I must spell it out. . . . We do not consider muslims believers because you are not.

, and who are the 'we'?who cares if you see the muslims as unbelievers, religion is your personal relationship with God, Why judge other religions like its a certainty that Christianity is the TRUE religion, Why not leave that to GOD?
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Mcleo007(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
@poster, follow ur instincts and not desperation. Faith is pivotal to how we deal with people around us. If marrying him will not hamper ur faith,then ride on. Its just sad how much relevance the society places on marriage and religion. Marriage is not a must. I'd rather stay unmarried than live through an unhappy marriage.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MissyB3(f): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
bhusayor:

, and who are the 'we'?who cares if you see the muslims as unbelievers, religion is your personal relationship with God, Why judge other religions like its a certainty that Christianity is the TRUE religion, Why not leave that to GOD?
Just when you understand what religion means, what the arugment is about and, have a circumspect opinion to offer, come back and you may just be lucky enough to get a reply from me.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MMM2(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
teetee 2
light has nothing 2 do with darkness. So i will advice u 2 leave dat muslim man.
If u are a strong christian and a true child of God, pray 2 God he provide u ur own christian husband. In Jesus name.
Just say Big Amen, and u have alot of good husband 2 choose dis year 2011.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

How typical!
I said ''God of the Bible''. . . .  the Christian God.

And who is ur so called God of the Bible? Is it the same Jesus (that was created by God) that u now claim is ur own God? I will be glad if u can tell me who he is.
Who cares if u think muslims are believers or not. Its ur opinion. And why would muslims try to convince you they are believers?
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
M M M:

teetee 2
light has nothing 2 do with darkness. So i will advice u 2 leave dat muslim man.
If u are a strong christian and a true child of God, pray 2 God he provide u your own christian husband. In Jesus name.
Just say Big Amen, and u have alot of good husband 2 choose dis year 2011.

I think the muslim man is trying to change darkness into light. wink wink
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MissyB3(f): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
Murphy G:

And who is your so called God of the Bible? Is it the same Jesus (that was created by God) that u now claim is your own God? I will be glad if u can tell me who he is.
Who cares if u think muslims are believers or not. Its your opinion. And why would muslims try to convince you they are believers?
Typical!  grin grin grin
Vexation simply because we don't identify you as believers? Ma binu eh grin grin grin
If E pain you well well, cross over . . . The gate is wide open to ALL kiss
Free entrance and there's plenty of goodies. wink cheesy
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
Murphy G:

Who told u the Imam is not her husband? Are u God?
Then which is light and which is darkness?

you don't understand, murphy but then i don't blame you.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Just when you understand what religion means, what the arugment is about and, have a circumspect opinion to offer, come back and you may just be lucky enough to get a reply from me.

, and what do you call this
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 2:41am On Feb 26, 2011
@OP: I forgot which comedian said this, but what he said is truth. I'm paraphrasing:

"Women dump men for the slightest reasons and then have trouble finding another one that's half as decent as the original. They dump men that is 98% for a chance at finding the 100% man. All they find afterwards are 70% men. Mr. 100% does not exist".

That was the main idea he conveyed anyhow. If I can find the original quote, then I'll paste it.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by deniyor: 4:32am On Feb 26, 2011
Miracles happen. Sarah was 99 I think when she had Isaac. shocked
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2011
deniyor,
no need to be that sarcastic. 99 and 35 years is a far shot.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by teetee2(f): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
I thank you all for your different advice. I was only being pressured by pple around me. I know His (God) thought towards me not of evil but for me to have an expected end. Irrespective of marriage, my faith in Him will never change, He is faithfully and cannot deny Himself. Very soon (now) I will share my testimony on NL. I do appreciate you all God bless you. "NO WOMAN PLAN TO BE UNMARRIED AT 42" but A STRONGER MAN is in my life to recover my destiny. Love you all
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
teetee,
i'm glad you've taken the best decision. congrats!
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by jasman1: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
I don't think anyone here can help or advice this woman. This's a totally confused person that hid behind her Religion but leaved all her youthful age running around the Mallams and the Allahajis in the North for obvious reason. Lets be real for once here. How many men in that path of the world,pls don't even play foolish asking how I know the part of the country, will date a woman for that long if he's not already married. let just assume she was dating someone of her own age. This people has used and dumped her as a side kick. I think she used the right word, DATING to discrib ed what she was doing for 11yrs because it has lots of sexual conotation to it. If she meant courtship, that's a precursor for something higher and 11yrs is dump in that regard. There're thousands of Christians from the south running around the Allahajis in the North, just do what many had done, settle with one of the Allahajis as one the wives.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
jasman,
hold your peace. poster has already made up her mind to resist evil advice from
those who know nothing about waiting for the right time.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MissyB3(f): 12:04am On Mar 01, 2011
teetee2:

I thank you all for your different advice.  I was only being pressured by pple around me.  I know His (God) thought towards me not of evil but for me to have an expected end. Irrespective of marriage, my faith in Him will never change, He is faithfully and cannot deny Himself.  Very soon (now) I will share my testimony on NL.  I do appreciate you all God bless you. "NO WOMAN PLAN TO BE UNMARRIED AT 42" but A STRONGER MAN is in my life to recover my destiny. Love you all
That's the spirit! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She's Only Beautiful At Night!... / Ladies Which Comes First When Choosing A Guy Personality Or Looks? / What Is The Fate Of Virgin Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.