Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Im Confused, Please Matured Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Im Confused, Please Matured Advice (3542 Views)

Matured Advice Pls, She Is Breaking Up With Me Cos Of This (pics) / Im Confused / Im Confused And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by teetee2(f): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
Im a woman of 42 believing God for Marriage. I'd a relationship about 11 years ago but did not work due to religion difference. We both loved eachother but i walked away because of my faith. Since i left this man, all men i'd met. i always have one reason or the other not date them or marry them. It could either be on religion or married and not ready to break any woman's heart. Now im ready for marriage which is my desperate desire this 2011. My challenge now, one of the men that wanted to marry me then called me recently that he wants to marry me. This man will become Imam of their mosque anytime and i have a strong faith in my own religion too which makes people to call me the daughter of my Pastor. Can this be the will of God? Im confused now that im winning more souls for God. What can i do. Thanks
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2011
You are obviously looking in the wrong places. Are there no men in your church? Have you forgotten how to pray?
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
teetee2:

Im a woman of 42 believing God for Marriage. I'd a relationship about 11 years ago but did not work due to religion difference. We both loved eachother but i walked away because of my faith. Since i left this man, all men i'd met. i always have one reason or the other not date them or marry them. It could either be on religion or married and not ready to break any woman's heart. Now im ready for marriage which is my desperate desire this 2011. My challenge now, one of the men that wanted to marry me then called me recently that he wants to marry me. This man will become Imam of their mosque anytime and i have a strong faith in my own religion too which makes people to call me the daughter of my Pastor. Can this be the will of God? Im confused now that im winning more souls for God. What can i do. Thanks

Will the man allow you to keep ur faith?
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by zayzee(f): 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
Remember the Bible says do not be unequally yoked. Do not settle for less. Are you thinking of marrying him just because you are 42 and you think time is running out? God's promises may be late but they surely come. He alone understands His timing. But then, do you love this man? if you think about your future, can you see him in it 5, 10, 15 yrs from today? do you think you can have long term happiness and peace with this man? I'm not trying to discourage you. My friend's cousin married this January at the age of 51. She had never been married and everyone had given up on her. but she met a man who had also never been married and the rest is history. Hold God strong. At the time when we most feel like giving up, our breakthroughs are closer than we think. Don't miss it. If you are on facebook, join the group Covenant Singles and Married Ministries. There are loads of Christians to encourage you there.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
Dont just listen to those asking u to hold on or smthn. U are 42 for God's sake! The truth is most of the pple asking u to hold on wld do otherwise if they were in ur shoes. My advise for u is go ahead and marry him. U have been praying havnt u? If God doesnt want you to marry him, u both wldnt have met in the first place. Even if u met, u wldnt have fallen in love. Even if u fell in love he wouldnt have proposed to u. Maybe thats the path God wants you to follow who knws?

Secondly, did he say he will allow you to keep ur religion? I will like to knw.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by freecocoa(f): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
The best you can do is pray and ask for God's guidance and direction,i mean you are a strong christian right?
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Odunnu: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
I heard the current wife of Pst Kumuyi is 65yrz old.
Stop acting desperate,even though I pray that everybody should marry,I still know its not possible. If at 42 you jump at marriage even to a non-xtian,I think your belief should be questioned.
Try relocating: i'm just wondering why you seem to be attracting mostly non-christians
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
@poster, I can imagine being unmarried at 42 is quite the truffle.
Your options no doubt slim as most good men are married at that age range.

In all honesty, I can't give advise for handling situations I've never had to experience.
But I do know that God is still on the throne. Whoever you choose to marry, seek God's face [b]FIRST [/b]before you jump into it.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by ifyalways(f): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2011
teetee2:

Im a woman of 42 believing God for Marriage.  I'd a relationship about 11 years ago but did not work due to religion difference. We both loved eachother but i walked away because of my faith. Since i left this man, all men i'd met. i always have one reason or the other not date them or  marry them.  It could either be on religion or married and not ready to break any woman's heart.  Now im ready for marriage which is my desperate desire this 2011.  My challenge now, one of the men that wanted to marry me then called me recently that he wants to marry me. This man will become Imam of their mosque anytime and i have a strong faith in my own religion too which makes people to call me the daughter of my Pastor.  Can this be the will of God?  Im confused now that im winning more souls for God.  What can i do.  Thanks
An Iman-to-be . . . Im guessing he "might" insist u join his religion.
What are ur priorities now?Faith or marriage?
This decision is urs alone to make but PLEASE,don't cos of age or desperation make a decision that YOU are not totally comfortable with.
I wish u the best.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by gfhotee: 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Our faith should superceed our human desires and desperation, unless you want to dump your faith. Faith is total submission to your belief, meaning you are prepared to uphold and obey every rule in your faith, however, we have instances where some christians have married muslims and still keep to their faith and it never affected the marriage, but in the case of marrying a to-be Imam? Hmnnn!!! Think twice.
There are lots of divorcees and single Christians, just associate more with the singles programme and you will get the right person. Also I see a little rigidity in you, have this in mind, you can never get a perfect man for yourself, just look for one whose lapses or faults you can endure in marriage and 4get about being choosy.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
Odunnu:

Stop acting desperate,even though I pray that everybody should marry,I still know its not possible. If at 42 you jump at marriage even to a non-xtian,I think your belief should be questioned.
Try relocating: i'm just wondering why you seem to be attracting mostly non-christians

So because Pst Kumuyi's wife is 65 yrs old that means she shld wait until she grows older before she gets married? She turned down a muslim man's proposal because of faith believing a xtian brother will come along. Ofcourse they came along but she cldnt see her self getting married to one of them. I guess if one of them had enuf qualities, she wld be married to him by now.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MurphyG1(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Odunnu:

@ bolded 1: Is she about to commit murder? How does getting married to a non muslim question her faith?

@ bolded 2: Maybe God wants her to be a muslim afterall. Who knows?? undecided undecided
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
My challenge now, one of the men that wanted to marry me then called me recently that he wants to marry me. This man will become Imam of their mosque anytime and i have a strong faith in my own religion too which makes people to call me the daughter of my Pastor.  Can this be the will of God?

huh?

what concerns will of God with this matter.

you want to marry imam and you're asking for the will of God?

Since i left this man, all men i'd met. i always have one reason or the other not date them or  marry them.  It could either be on religion or married and not ready to break any woman's heart

i mentioned before that women should stop turning down every proposal they receive before the age of 33. ie the ones who are interested in getting married. After a while, chances are most suitors would be either men who are already married, or a different religion, just like you observed.

anyway, dont lose hope. If you're really serious about finding someone, pray and also tell the people around you about it.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2011
@poster
lady, let ME be the one being honest to you here since many are just sugar coating shiit.
marriage is NOT meant for everyone and by the look of things, you wont find the ONE very soon. GOD didnt send these no good men towards you, you did.
as we can see by your track record, you are either looking at the wrong places or putting your standards too high, either way at 42yrs of age, i hope you lived life to the fullest and didnt expect a Marriage to make you A WOMEN.

the fact that you even started dating this muslim guy KNOWING FULLY WELL what happened in the past, shows that you obviously dont learn from your mistakes. at 20 i would understood, 30 too but at 42, you best take any man that has a full set of teeth and all his hair on top. this is no time to be choosy (or accept that it could be a long and lonely ride). . . . . .  . .at this rate you will be 80yrs old and STILL single lamenting on all the good guys that you let by.

btw, you said ¨NOW you are ready for marriage¨ werent you ready all along?!  

i am sure if you ask your pastor, he will tell you to PRAY, so since you are 6 god fearing like that¨ i suggest you PRAY until that RIGHT one comes along.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by ifyalways(f): 8:51am On Feb 24, 2011
gfhotee:

Our faith should superceed our human desires and desperation, unless you want to dump your faith. Faith is total submission to your belief, meaning you are prepared to uphold and obey every rule in your faith, however, we have instances where some christians have married muslims and still keep to their faith and it never affected the marriage, but in the case of marrying a to-be Imam? Hmnnn!!! Think twice.
There are lots of divorcees and single Christians, just associate more with the singles programme and you will get the right person. Also I see a little rigidity in you, have this in mind, you can never get a perfect man for yourself, just look for one whose lapses or faults you can endure in marriage and 4get about being choosy.
Mere faith without actions . . .how far can that go?
She is 42 not 24 and its her heart desire(her words) to get married.She would either act on her fate and believe her faithfulness wud see her through or abide with her faith and no actions and prolly forget marriage.
@OP,If u think the muslim guy cos of his faith is not good enough for you please DO NOT go ahead with the marriage.
Marriage IS NOT for everyone and marriage does NOT guarantee happiness ,btwn.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
lady, let ME be the one being honest to you here since many are just sugar coating shiit.
marriage is NOT meant for everyone and by the look of things, you wont find the ONE very soon. GOD didnt send these no good men towards you, you did.
as we can see by your track record, you are either looking at the wrong places or putting your standards too high, either way at 42yrs of age, i hope you lived life to the fullest and didnt expect a Marriage to make you A WOMEN.

the fact that you even started dating this muslim guy KNOWING FULLY WELL what happened in the past, shows that you obviously dont learn from your mistakes. at 20 i would understood, 30 too but at 42, you best take any man that has a full set of teeth and all his hair on top. this is no time to be choosy (or accept that it could be a long and lonely ride). . . . . .  . .at this rate you will be 80yrs old and STILL single lamenting on all the good guys that you let by.

i am sure if you ask your pastor, he will tell you to PRAY, so since you are 6 god fearing like that¨ i suggest you PRAY until that RIGHT one comes along.

GBAM!!!

Why do people think it's compulsory for them to get married undecided

Does not having a husband somehow mean you did not live your life fully? Who do you have to build your whole like and change your lifestyle just to answer 'Mrs.'

Abeg oh my sister, you get to live only once oh . . . don't go and tie yourself with a moslem just to be called somebody's wife. You've waited for 42years, what's the hurry now undecided
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by MissyB3(f): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster

Death! @ the part in bold. grin grin grin You're not serious at all.  grin

zayzee:

Remember the Bible says do not be unequally yoked. Do not settle for less. Are you thinking of marrying him just because you are 42 and you think time is running out? God's promises may be late but they surely come. He alone understands His timing. But then, do you love this man? if you think about your future, can you see him in it 5, 10, 15 yrs from today? do you think you can have long term happiness and peace with this man? I'm not trying to discourage you. My friend's cousin married this January at the age of 51. She had never been married and everyone had given up on her. but she met a man who had also never been married and the rest is history. Hold God strong. At the time when we most feel like giving up, our breakthroughs are closer than we think. Don't miss it. If you are on facebook, join the group Covenant Singles and Married Ministries. There are loads of Christians to encourage you there.
Mint!!!  cool

Poster,
If you're a born-again christian, you should understand what the Bible says about situations like this. Look in the right places and keep trusting God, for whatever situation he permits, he permits for a reason. smiley
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by obowunmi(m): 10:06am On Feb 24, 2011
What's wrong with marrying an imam --- for you to think marriage with him, you must

1) Have dated him
2) Found qualities in him that you like to have dated him, and now think marriage with him

3) If ur so-called faith was such an issue, you should have never dated him and stuck with ur principles

4) Follow ur guts, I'm sure its telling u what to do.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Odunnu: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2011
Murphy G:

@ bolded 1: Is she about to commit murder?
No she isnt. What suggests she's about to commit murder?
How does getting married to a non muslim question her faith?

Are you serious?You dont know?Oh well, read the bible you'l understand.

@ bolded 2: Maybe God wants her to be a muslim afterall. Who knows?? undecided undecided

Who knows?thats why we are discussing it.
Murphy G:

So because Pst Kumuyi's wife is 65 yrs old that means she shld wait until she grows older before she gets married?
I only mentioned that to encourage her,to let know she's not alone in her situation.
She turned down a muslim man's proposal because of faith believing a xtian brother will come along. Ofcourse they came along but she cldnt see her self getting married to one of them. I guess if one of them had enuf qualities, she wld be married to him by now.
We are both saying the same thing
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
Dear poster, an Imam? and you a xtian if everybody will lie to you tell yourself the truth. He wants you to join him in his religion.God is not a man that he should lie,neither the son of man that he should repent has he said it and will he not do it? or has he spoken and will not fulfill it? numbers 23:19. also if we are faithless,he will remain faithful for he cannot disown himself. 2Timothy 2:13 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Heb:11:1. You have waited this long don"t give up on God no matter how hard it is. It is good that you desire a husband, it is what YOU want don"t let anybody tell you you are wrong to desire marriage now. While alive and kicking you have a right to have desires and thoughts, and even regrets it is part of being human.

You are winning souls for God now how will you feel with your kids being muslims? stay with God"s word and remember the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.

I know it is very hard for you right now to trust God, you are asking Questions but u knw the mind of God its in the scriptures and the scriptures cannot be broken.
and if you decide to marry the imam no one can judge you except God.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by bukky007: 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
Marriage is based on principles, religion is just part of d principle, wife submit, husband love, children obey ur parent in the lord. If that man and u can abide by that law/principle, it will work. My father wasn't born again when he met my mom but he's now a pastor, pastor E.A Adeboye or redeemed church wasn't born again wen he met mama. I can only advice u likewise anybody but let the decision be yours. I'm the youth cordinator or my church and different issues do arise, i tell people reality when necesary and spirituality wen necesary. I'm married with kids.

THIS YEAR IS YOUR YEAR IN JESUS NAME (AMEN)
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
you have waited this long,wasted 11years dating a non xtian, they call you pastor's daughter which suggests you do go to church and pray very well,yet no xtian suitor to hold on to, And here you are, still stuck with another non xtian, an imam!. It suggests two things to me;
1 marriage isnt meant for you
2 a christian isnt meant for you
        YOUR CHOICE!
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by gfhotee: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
Whoever says fate supercede faith should have a re-think, especially if youre a christian. Your faith determines your fate. Take it or leave it. @Murphy G, I guess ure a muslim, if I'm right, then I can reason with why you advice her that way. My mum was a muslim, while my dad was a devoted Christian, I dont see anything wrong in a Muslim, but I guess we should look from her angle, claiming to be battling between her faith and marriage, in other words her religious view tomarrying a muslim. Marrying a muslim is one thing, but marrying an Imam, she should 4get her faith. So a truly dedicated christian wont gamble her faith.
Jesus' fate on earth was to be crucified after he has proven the capability of God, but His eventual desire was to avoid the cross, being in the human form, he was tempted to negotiate his faith with fate, he prayed that the cup should pass over him, but instantly he realized his faith is more important and said "Thy will be done".
Woman if you must marry the Imam, then marry him and win his soul to your faith, Jesus dined with the tax collector to win him over, if you married him and loose your faith for him, then dont consider yourself a christian any more, bear it in mind that you have chosen another way of religion. You cant eat your cake and have it.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by GeorgeD1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2011
teetee,
that imam is not your husband as light and darkness cannot meet. just be patient and
you will be glad you did.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by ebila(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Poster,
U desperately need help n trust me,we here can't help u.Howeva,i knw som1 who can,GOD.U obviously knw him too buh u're almost compromising,pls don't! Here's woh u shud do; Fast n pray intensely.I mean,do dis aggressively n i promise u,ur husband is gonna com looking 4 u.I've heard testimonies of women getting married at age 45,u're 3 yrs younger,God only nids a sec to change ur story!
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by zayzee(f): 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
[Dear poster, an Imam? and you a xtian if everybody will lie to you tell yourself the truth. He wants you to join him in his religion.God is not a man that he should lie,neither the son of man that he should repent has he said it and will he not do it? or has he spoken and will not fulfill it? numbers 23:19. also if we are faithless,he will remain faithful for he cannot disown himself. 2Timothy 2:13 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Heb:11:1. You have waited this long don"t give up on God no matter how hard it is. It is good that you desire a husband, it is what YOU want don"t let anybody tell you you are wrong to desire marriage now. While alive and kicking you have a right to have desires and thoughts, and even regrets it is part of being human.

You are winning souls for God now how will you feel with your kids being muslims? stay with God"s word and remember the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.

I know it is very hard for you right now to trust God, you are asking Questions but u knw the mind of God its in the scriptures and the scriptures cannot be broken.
and if you decide to marry the  imam no one can judge you except God.]

Properly put
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Akanbiedu(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
Women are not supposed to have a faith, their husband's faith is her faith.

Marry Imam jor
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by simpleseyi: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
Do not be unequally yoked with an un-believer. Who is an un-believer? Did the bible state anywhere that a muslim is an un-believer? To me an un-believer is someone who does not believer that there is God including those that worship idols. The chief Imam of my mosque is married to a christian. Please note that we muslims are not begging to marry you christians. I fyou think that you are too good for us, please let us be.

You all make me sad. How do you think that God feels when He sees us His children dividing ourselves according to religion. Religion is supposed to bring us closer to God but from different perspective but unfortuantely we are drifting further away from God due to religion. It borthers me that worshippers ogun (god of iron in Yoruba land) and sango (god of thunder in Yoruba land) do not discriminate against each other but we that say that we worship God hate each other. I am a Muslim, I went to catholic primary and secondary school, so everyday, i was in the church except saturday. Sunday while coming from the morning Islamic prayers, I stop by at my catholic friend's house and we go to the church together.

You are free to call me names but I know that God is not happy that we are dividing and creating hatred between ourselves in the name of religion. I was telling one of my new born-again RCCG member friends that I went to catholic schools and I was always in the church, he say too bad, he said further that catholics worship idols, another day, I told him that the previous sunday I was in Celestial church with my friend who is a member, my new RCCG friend warned me never to go there again because according to him, Celestial church members do rituals and fetism. I felt sorry for him because he is ignorant. My Anglican uncle married a Jehovah witness and you know what? The wife was suspended from the Jehovah witness' gathering because she married from people of the world. All these christians that discriminate against christians of other sect, what will such christians say about muslims?

I am a muslim as a said earlier and my wife is a christian. I go to the mosque while she goes to the church. Occassionally, I drive her to the church and worship with them. There is no reason why religion should be a factor in marriage or marriage be a factor in religion. If it is religion that should determine marriage why does some christian marriages end in divorce or some muslim marriages end in divorce? GOODLUCK
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2011
^^so you're saying she should marry an imam.

of course it's her decision but she cant eat her cake and have it.

she'll have to convert.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by simpleseyi: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
NEVER MARRY SOMEONE WHO WILL FORCE HIS FAITH ON YOU. If you think this man will force his faith on you then it is not worth it. Religion should be a personal thing and not a marital issue.

But discrimation on the basis of religion is too bad. I hate religion migots.
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Brite02(m): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2011
first wat a woman wants is LUV, then care,understandin and respect, rite 2 beliefs.
@poster, do u fink dz man d@t u wanna marry posesses dz qualities, i knw humans r nt perfect bt cn he show u 60% of dz? Berra stil y nt discuss ya beliefs wit d man u wanna marry, hear his own side of it. Then d rest decision is urs. .
Re: Im Confused, Please Matured Advice by Dsense(m): 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
Odunnu:

I totally go against you points . . . . Pointless!!!
As Murphy mentioned earlier,Pst Kumuyi being 65 yrs old doesn't meant/state she should be expected to get married at the same age . . .Infact it's far afield from the reality.

Marriage to a non-xstian/Muslim makes no difference if you really know what you are doing/Know the God you worship well.

The funniest point you stated is ,You wonder why she's so attracted to non-christians? . . . . I'm just speechless to answer this question on her behalf,Cause i know what her answer is going to be. . . . .I think a truely religious person like you shouldn't think this way.So if the poster happens to be a muslim i'm sure you wouldn't say,I wonder why she's so attracted to non-muslims.

MRbrownJAY:

@poster

the fact that you even started dating this muslim guy KNOWING FULLY WELL what happened in the past, shows that you obviously dont learn from your mistakes. at 20 i would understood, 30 too but at 42, you best take any man that has a full set of teeth and all his hair on top. this is no time to be choosy (or accept that it could be a long and lonely ride). . . . . .  . .at this rate you will be 80yrs old and STILL single lamenting on all the good guys that you let by.

I really adore this your write up,It helps the issue here.

OP.
My advise is to you is to fully listen and follow what you mind tells you . . . .You have wasted so much time claiming you haven't found the right person,Which is never a tangible excuse . . .So this might be your last chance  . . .who knows.
Waste no time  . . . . . .Follow you mind and live your life!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Show Your Woman You're A Real Man / Lefulefu Swag / Introduction To Sluts: Early User Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.