Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) (5918 Views)

2023: How Tinubu Disrespected The Olu Of Warri. / Oshiomole: Obaseki Disrespected The Oba Of Benin By Wearing A Cap To The Palace / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by KingTom(m): 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
Abdulhakeem78:
Though, I'm not in support of Asiwaju's action but situational circumstances might prevent him from observing the cultural exercise. It was somewhat irritating the other time I saw a governor not paying due respect to the Alafin of Oyo. We all saw how governor Kayode Fayemi prostrated to greet Iku Baba Yeye when he paid the king a courtesy home visit. Cultural rules are rules that are expected to be followed irrespective of your social status.
You're neither here nor there with your comment, you have just succeeded in saying nothing
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Benbellamor: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2020
uruba23:
Jagaban influences his attainment to the throne....It is not necessarily disrespect...it is a different thing if it was in his palace...So you can call Jagaban the unofficial Baba Oba if that title exists...Abeg make you na leave Jagaban alone.
Baba Oba..common Governor
Now.2 time president Obasanjo Prostrate for OONI ojaja

Tinubu is just a business man...he is alien to the real yoruba culture he is unfit for Asiwaju

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Dedetwo(m): 1:17am On Sep 10, 2020
I guess Tinubu knew the true history behind the Ooni.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2020
Benbellamor:

Baba Oba..common Governor
Now.2 time president Obasanjo Prostrate for OONI ojaja

Tinubu is just a business man...he is alien to the real yoruba culture he is unfit for Asiwaju
That was in his palace get your fact right.Outside the palace they are protocols.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Dedetwo(m): 1:26am On Sep 10, 2020
DCatt:
I won't either, Tinubu knows Ooni is not Oba/king and has no business outside the shrine where he should be attending to the Orisa as their custodian.

There's no Oba in Ile Ife, it's the land of Orisa under Alaafin Oyo.

It all started during independence when Alaafin decided not to sell Yorubaland and the govt at the time looked for a Judas and found Ooni Adesoji Aderemi who they propped up and started dealing with.

Ooni is not Yoruba Oba but an impostor.

Every Yoruba Oba has an Abore/highpriest working under him and that was what Ooni is to Alaafin.

Bro, I must say that must loudmouths from Yari.ba ethnicity do not know the revelation from the above post. Ooni was never an Oba. This crap surrounding Ooni was created by Awolowo and Action Group to spite Alaafin of Oyo who opposed Awolowo's tribal politics in western region.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by jesmond3945: 1:34am On Sep 10, 2020
Ctorch:
vVdeo evidence of how Tinubu disrespected Ooni of Ile Ife at an event in Lagos by remaining on his seat.
Everyone stood up to great the Ooni, except Tinubu.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=577495052967107&id=196454254404524&anchor_composer=false
the only person tinibu respects is buhari
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by DCatt: 1:45am On Sep 10, 2020
First of all omo Eebo, most Yoruba know this and I have known this since I was 5 years old and I'm ijebu. When you talk to Cubans and Brazilians the king they know is Alaafin Oyo, it's now they are hearing about Ooni and that's because he travels a lot. They know Ooni as Orisa caretaker not king. I'm sure Awolowo did not do it with the purpose of what is happening right now. He probably thought it was just for a short time. Awolowo made Ooni governor of western region because they were both traditionalist and best friends and he didn't get along with Alaafin.
Dedetwo:

Bro, I must say that must loudmouths from Yari.ba ethnicity do not know the revelation from the above post. Ooni was never an Oba. This crap surrounding Ooni was created by Awolowo and Action Group to spite Alaafin of Oyo who opposed Awolowo's tribal politics.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Susu888(m): 3:35am On Sep 10, 2020
Tinubu na real man oh"
Whtever he does becomes subject of gossip for flat heads whom he neither governed nor lords over.
The man is so eye serviced that if he sneezes it will be interpreted to mean something to them.
May God continue to watch over u jagaban as ur enemies choke on their hatred.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 10, 2020
DCatt:
Maybe you should find a functioning brain for yourself first, you need to understand that not everybody will fall for your scam.

Ooni is not Yoruba Oba and it doesn't matter how long you push the fraud, he's not traditionally Oba but Abore, an Orisa attendant!

that's just an apocryphal tale, but it's okay if someone like you carry am for head like gala grin
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by GarangDeMabior: 6:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Dedetwo:
I guess Tinubu knew the true history behind the Ooni.

Explain
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by GarangDeMabior: 6:58am On Sep 10, 2020
DCatt:
Maybe you should find a functioning brain for yourself first, you need to understand that not everybody will fall for your scam.

Ooni is not Yoruba Oba and it doesn't matter how long you push the fraud, he's not traditionally Oba but Abore, an Orisa attendant!

Go and rest, Ooni is the most powerful king in yorubaland.

1. Ooni of Ife
The Ooni of Ife is the most powerful king in Yoruba land. The current Ooni of Ife is Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi . According to the Alake of Egbaland, the Ooni is the first of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland just like the Sultan of Sokoto is the highest ruler in the northern part of Nigeria. This is because his supremacy dates back to the origin of the Yoruba tribe. He is also one of the most influential figures in Nigeria and he recently married Queen Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi, a prophetess.

https://www.nairaland.com/6076895/list-obas-yoruba-land-ranking
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by GarangDeMabior: 6:59am On Sep 10, 2020
DCatt:
Exactly!

Tinubu has done more for Yorubaland than a thieving Ooni who actually defrauded people in Lagos and Ile Ife. He doesn't know his job as Orisa custodian and he will be disgraced more than his predecessor who took money from Abacha and literally sold Abiola. People had to beg Tinubu and Osun state government to attend his funeral.

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by orisa37: 7:32am On Sep 10, 2020
espn:
Whoever started this is mad as if Saraki will bow down for the emir of ilorin...When last did the idiot stoodup to greet his father or elders...

TINUBU doesn't like RESTRUCTURING and this is Illiteracy.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by twodee75: 7:35am On Sep 10, 2020
uruba23:
Jagaban influences his attainment to the throne....It is not necessarily disrespect...it is a different thing if it was in his palace...So you can call Jagaban the unofficial Baba Oba if that title exists...Abeg make you na leave Jagaban alone.

Bros u are very wrong.. Tinubu and Aregbesola opposed the candidancy of this present Oni, they have thier prefence candidate...
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by orisa37: 7:35am On Sep 10, 2020
TINUBU IS PROUD, VERY PROUD. TINUBU IS god.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2020
TimeManager:
Much ado over nothing. Tinubu paid the Ooni a courtesy visit during the last guber election whereby he prostrated before him. Tinubu knows the culture.

kiss the truth!
You're a torn in the flesh of some people here grin

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by twodee75: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2020
DCatt:
First of all omo Eebo, most Yoruba know this and I have known this since I was 5 years old and I'm ijebu. When you talk to Cubans and Brazilians the king they know is Alaafin Oyo, it's now they are hearing about Ooni and that's because he travels a lot. They know Ooni as Orisa caretaker not king. I'm sure Awolowo did not do it with the purpose of what is happening right now. He probably thought it was just for a short time. Awolowo made Ooni governor of western region because they were both traditionalist and best friends and he didn't get along with Alaafin.

Oduduwa was a Yoruba divine king. According to tradition he was the holder of the title of the Ooni of Ile-Ife, the Yoruba holy city. He was not only the first ruler of a unified Ife, but also the progenitor of various independent royal dynasties in Yorubaland and ancestor of their numerous crowned kings..so tell me is Awolowo that popularize Oduduwa?
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by orisa37: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2020
GarangDeMabior:
Why should he respect the Ooni, Tinubu na Ooni and oba on his own.

Between Tinubu and Ooni, who is higher in rank?

Meanwhile, that Ooni no dey stay one place?

Military Command Legacy.

Muritala-Obasanjo once deranked a Vice Admiral for prostrating for the Oba of his Village.

And yet Obasanjo has been caught prostrating for a relatively younger Oba and this OONI before.

Coup put Pride in Governors and make them think that they are more than MESSENGERS.

THEY FORGET THAT THE LORD IS THE LAND AND ITS FULLNESS AND TRADITIONAL RULERS ARE CUSTODIANS OF LANDS FOR GOD AND FOR THE PEOPLE.

TINUBU AND SARAKI ARE BLOODY CIVILIANS.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by hajimosho(m): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2020
DCatt:

It's a big and heavy task on you writing notes to defend your absurdity. I wouldn't have made a statement if not for your repetitive rants. You are trying to pitch Oyo against Ife, when it is well known by all Yorubas that the latter is the foundation of their ancestry.

If you are paid to do this, the fund might not last you beyond a while, but if it is to divide the Yoruba nation, May it be solidified and your wish become thwarted.

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Karemarealty288(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2020
GarangDeMabior:
Why should he respect the Ooni, Tinubu na Ooni and oba on his own.

Between Tinubu and Ooni, who is higher in rank?

Meanwhile, that Ooni no dey stay one place?

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by hajimosho(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2020
orisa37:

Don't attend to these miscreants trying to cause confusion in Yoruba Land. Their aim is to steer hatred against revered politicians of Yoruba ancestry.

They have been beclouded by tribal affiliations and would stop at nothing to erode the peace enjoyed by all in Western Nigeria.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by shugabasbn: 8:18am On Sep 10, 2020
Tinubu is someone I really respect but on this one as a public n Yoruba son he should have knw better

But Ooni needs to repackage himself.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by solmusdesigns: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2020
I love it when Ibos carry Tinubu and Yoruba matter on their heads like Galla

It gives me Premium Laughter
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by MsAllison(f): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2020
solmusdesigns:
I love it when Ibos carry Tinubu and Yoruba matter on their heads like Galla

It gives me Premium Laughter
lol
I can only how the laugh will be

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
twodee75:

Bros u are very wrong.. Tinubu and Aregbesola opposed the candidancy of this present Oni, they have thier prefence candidate...
Well it's not for me to argue because I know the bulk stops at Ogbeni's table to decides who is the Ooni, and Jagaban and Ogbeni are more like Siamese twins.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by NGpatriot: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
twodee75:

Who was their preference candidate and why did their preference candidate rejected??

You people sabi make up lies and rubbish sha.
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by DCatt: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
You are just allergic to truth and it's just going to keep you blind.

Ooni being oba is a product of Nigeria's politics, it has nothing to do with Yoruba tradition, even Ooni knows that he's just larping and prays people stay ignorant. Ooni's place is with the Orisa and not as Oba but as an attendant.

Infact back in the days, Aareonakakanfo was almost as powerful as Oba Alaafin and Ooni was distant 3rd after Areonakakanfo. Ask real and neutral historians who knew about Nigeria well before we became western Nigeria and they will tell you.

You and those that change Yoruba history by making an Orisa attendant to start acting like Oba and destroying the foundation are the problem facing Yorubaland.

Ile Ife under Oyo was the Yoruba religious headquarters when all Yoruba worshipped Orisa even Aareonakakanfo was based in another town

Yoruba tradition of old is what is guiding me and until Yoruba return to the way the ancestors arranged it, you will keep holding the short end of the stick.

Oyo has the complete Yoruba political system and that is why

1. Alaafin is the only one with palace,

2. Alaafin is the only one that can install generalissimos of Yoruba title like Areonakakanfo and other paramount Yoruba titles.

3. Alaafin is the only one with ALASE EKEJI ORISA praise, even my own very Oba Awujale who has been Oba before Ooni can't claim that praise, all other Obas burrowed it from Alaafin.

4. Alaafin is the only one who is also now an Orisa (Sango)

Ooni back in the days is the same as how most church goers see their pastors today. Back then Oso(wizards) were healers, infact they were what you call doctors today. That's where names like Soyinka, Soyemi, Sorinde and others came from. Ooni had the power of Adeboye and Dr. Carson combine and was revered but he still answered to his Oba which is Alaafin.

You guys need to let Yoruba tradition be so you can receive blessings of the land. You can see how the Orisas are tormenting Yorubaland right now and that's why anywhere you see chairs and tables, Ooni will be the 3rd item there as if he's part of event planners consignments, he's damn too cheap. Ooni needs to stop running around like someone with mental problem demanding respect everywhere from Eleko Oba Akiolu to Tinubu, respect will find him if he deserves it.
hajimosho:

It's a big and heavy task on you writing notes to defend your absurdity. I wouldn't have made a statement if not for your repetitive rants. You are trying to pitch Oyo against Ife, when it is well known by all Yorubas that the latter is the foundation of their ancestry.

If you are paid to do this, the fund might not last you beyond a while, but if it is to divide the Yoruba nation, May it be solidified and your wish become thwarted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by DCatt: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
Oduduwa met a thriving people and Orisa in Ile Ife.
twodee75:

Oduduwa was a Yoruba divine king. According to tradition he was the holder of the title of the Ooni of Ile-Ife, the Yoruba holy city. He was not only the first ruler of a unified Ife, but also the progenitor of various independent royal dynasties in Yorubaland and ancestor of their numerous crowned kings..so tell me is Awolowo that popularize Oduduwa?

Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by twodee75: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
NGpatriot:

Who was their preference candidate and why did their preference candidate rejected??

You people sabi make up lies and rubbish sha.
Check all my posts I don't just post for talking sake. What you do know you don't it there nothing you can do than to accept it.
Prince Ademola Ademiluyi is the preferred candiate for both Ogbeni and Asiwaju just cos is a close confidant of Chief Rasaq Okoya (chairman, Eleganza Group) go to Ife and make your finding very well....
Re: How Tinubu Disrespected Ooni Of Ife In Lagos (video) by DCatt: 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ko s'oba ni Ile Ife. Ife o njoba!

Ooni is not a king let alone number 1 and he knows that, it's just part of the scameroo!

Yoruba Oba number is in this other.

1. Alaafin
2. Awujale

Even the Aareonakakanfo of old was Ooni's boss, just that things are now upside down.
GarangDeMabior:

Go and rest, Ooni is the most powerful king in yorubaland.

1. Ooni of Ife
The Ooni of Ife is the most powerful king in Yoruba land. The current Ooni of Ife is Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi . According to the Alake of Egbaland, the Ooni is the first of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland just like the Sultan of Sokoto is the highest ruler in the northern part of Nigeria. This is because his supremacy dates back to the origin of the Yoruba tribe. He is also one of the most influential figures in Nigeria and he recently married Queen Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi, a prophetess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minister Of defense Can't Speak English / Imo PDP Crisis Deepens As Party Suspends 35 Executives In Ikeduru, Ohaji Egbema / Between Jonathan And Nnpc’s Criminal Kerosene Racketeering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.