Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja (45289 Views)

A Reply To 'indian Only Job Advert' in Abuja / Is This Legal At All? An India Only Job Advert Slot In Abuja / Ugandan Hotel Job Advert: Indians & White Persons Are Preferred (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Coldie(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
SailorUgo:
angry

This is very sad!

But Nigerians can be terrible I swear!
I used to supply goods to Spar
Nigerian that receive the goods will do anything and everything to frustrate you.
“Oga anything for the boys?” A man of over 50 years
They will frustrate you to drop something, else they won’t sign your receipts

But the Indians at the managerial roles will do their work without asking you for anything

I don’t know why we are too corrupt and have this entitlement mentality

If you’re supplying anything at spar, from the gateman, to the cleaners to the checkers, to those that stamp on your receipt, etc all expect you to drop something before you pass!

All wants to live above their means!
Truth

2 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by ebuka1997: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
Litmus:

Then such laws (and i hope the expanded version includes ethnicity and race) have to be made more widely known and understood through public education media such as television and radio. This is salient not merely since Chinese interactions in Africa have become topic of the moment, but that mass communication and transport has shrunken the world. When the Nigeria public become more aware of such laws, foreigners would be not only less likely to abuse these laws, Nigerians would be less likely to accept abuse of same law as it impacts them individually. Popularity emboldens, obscurity often exploits...

Laws aren’t the problem. It is the implementation. What of the case that an Indian that raped a worker and almost got away with it. A law can always be broken if people think they’ll get away with it. They can’t do this in some countries because they know they won’t get away with it, China can’t do nonsense in USA for example because they know Trump won’t smile with them, that’s it. Abeg leave matter for Matthias.
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by dasparrow: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nigeria is the only country I know of that treats it's citizens like second class citizens and foreigners as first class citizens. I never thought I will ever admit this but Nigeria was way better under military rule than it is now under "democracy." Every other country puts her citizens first, puts her her people first. But in Nigeria, the opposite is the case.

There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever being a Nigerian. You live abroad as a Nigerian you will experience racism. You come back to Nigeria, you will experience tribalism from Nigerians and racism from foreigners in Nigeria who have more rights than you a Nigerian who is a bonafide son or daughter of the soil. If I ever decide to live on the African Continent again, I will never consider living in Nigeria, not even in old age.

Problem is, Nigerians lack patriotism. Go to countries like Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda and see how patriotic their citizens are to their respective nations. Nigerians continue to act like a spineless and conquered people. Nigerians know how to flex muscles when dealing with fellow Nigerians but become cowards when they have to stand up to the chinese, lebanese, indians and whites who are treating them like crap in their own nation. And then you wonder why Africans from other African countries disrespect us as a people.

I just feel blessed that I don't live in Nigeria. I can't recommend Nigeria to blacks in the diaspora looking for an African country to settle in. That wouldn't be fair. I will rather recommend that they try other African countries instead.

3 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Coldie(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
wink2015:

There has been a Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board with office recently opened in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state with offices in other states of the federation.

Maybe the Local content board should send their official to go and verify why the need for an expatriate staff of Indian nationality as against NIGERIANS who may likely possess the requisite qualification for the said job.

HOWEVER, EVEN THE LOCAL CONTENT OFFICES is probably doing BACKDOOR PROCESSES IN GETTING PEOPLE RECRUITED INTO THE OFFICES IN BAYELSA STATE.

They just opened a big office in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state. Infact a 17 floor tall rising building probably the highest building in Yenagoa or Bayelsa state.

BUT THERE IS NO NEWS ABOUT THEIR RECRUITMENT IN YENAGOA.

Their office was commissioned by Timipriye Silva the former governor of Bayelsa state who is now Minister of State for Petroleum.
I think it will focus on the oil and gas industry. Though to me it's a waste, bayelsa doesn't have industries neither is it a commercial hub, why place such an office there?
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by zikter(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
RTSC:

This is nonsense.

The most competitive sector in Nigeria is the banking sector.
And it is managed by Nigerians. Highly skilled Nigerians.

Indians are highly skilled. They come to Nigeria with those skills.

Nigerian companies don't want to train their Nigerian staffs to that same level of skill and competence.

This is never nonsense. If you have not experienced it, don't say what you don't know. Even in the banking sector you mentioned, many banks managed by Nigerians are no more and mostly due to mismanagement. On many occasions banks employees have orchestrated fraud on customers accounts and involved in robberies as well. If not because of strong capitalization initiated by Sanusi, most of the banks would have gone by now. Note the word mostly in my assertions, meaning not all Nigerians are like that. But as always, the majority group will drive the narrative about a nation. And sadly, most Nigerians are crooks in one way or the other, hence the general public perception we are experiencing now

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by RTSC: 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
zikter:
This is never nonsense. If you have not experienced it, don't say what you don't know. Even in the banking sector you mentioned, many banks managed by Nigerians are no more and mostly due to mismanagement. On many occasions banks employees have orchestrated fraud on customers accounts and involved in robberies as well. If not because of strong capitalization initiated by Sanusi, most of the banks would have gone by now. Note the word mostly in my assertions, meaning not all Nigerians are like that. But as always, the majority group will drive the narrative about a nation. And sadly, most Nigerians are crooks in one way or the other, hence the general public perception we are experiencing now
You are not saying anything special.

Do you know how many Indian companies that have folded?
Plenty

The banks that are waxing from strength to strength are still managed by Nigerians.
Sanusi is a Nigerian also. He is not a foreigner

The common factor is that these Nigerians are highly skilled.
Highly skilled Nigerians, perform.

Indians are higly corrupt too. It is like a larger version of Nigeria.
The difference is skill.

Nigerian companies don't want to train their staff

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by RTSC: 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
When dangote wants to embark on his next project ,he is going to approach the CBN for cheap dollars in billions.

And the only reason he has the effontery to do that is by promising to create jobs.
He talks about thousands of jobs and the CBN get excited.

Jobs that are going straight to India.

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Cousin9999: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
Beatdown loading...

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
softset:
Many will not understand why until you hire an Indian to work for you .

The owner may have hired several Nigerians who may have taken advantage of him.

Indians will always do a thorough job... no complaints about work hrs etc, all they are concerned about is job delivery

Why do you think people like Dangote, Adenuga and co cannot do without them
Correct!
Why shld thy hire lazy people always alleging that indians are turning them slaves. Despite big population, Indians are among hardworking ppl in the world, they do 12hrs average everyday wen u hire Nigerian they'll end up spoiling company's name by calling slavery in Indian factories. Beside most Nigerians are opportunist, waiting for any chance to cheat, steal, destroy for selfish gain.
We better face reality otherwise the whole world will soon start lynching Nigerians on sight because we're only popular in betrayal.

3 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
RTSC:
When dangote wants to embark on his next project ,he is going to approach the CBN for cheap dollars in billions.

And the only reason he has the effontery to do that is by promising to create jobs.
He talks about thousands of jobs and the CBN get excited.

Jobs that are going straight to India.
Jealousy go kill u. Why shld u comment when u knw u're lying. Dangote is the largest employer of labour in Nigeria, this is undeniable.

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by AssistantJesus1: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2020
local man is silent
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by RTSC: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Coronabirus:

Jealousy go kill u. Why shld u comment when u knw u're lying. Dangote is the largest employer of labour in Nigeria, this is undeniable.
Nitwit.
I am fighting for your right to a good Job.

When all the management positions have been taken over by the indians while thousands of you are employed as menial staff.

That is employment of labour, abi?
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by foolbuster: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
sigiyaya:
Let nobody call this racist. They do this to us because they know that we lack common sense in Nigeria
What have the Indians done to you that your government hasn't done to you
Nobody should fu cking condemn the Indians. Just simple go back to your church or mosque and continue praying and wating for grace and miracle.
while the rest should go home on their generator and continue watching #BBN. F00lish set of people that has refuse to apple common sense in their miserable life's.

Note: You will never see the comment of that slowpoke Righteousness89 on this informative tread, but just post that someone had an accident and die or someone died while playing football you will see the Id!ot commenting rubbish and you also see some many f00ls giving him likes. Now you want Indians to make you managers in their companies with this kind of dead brain that most of you have. F00lish set of people

Well said brother.

2 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by fid3fid: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
sigiyaya:
Let nobody call this racist. They do this to us because they know that we lack common sense in Nigeria
What have the Indians done to you that your government hasn't done to you
Nobody should fu cking condemn the Indians. Just simple go back to your church or mosque and continue praying and wating for grace and miracle.
while the rest should go home on their generator and continue watching #BBN. F00lish set of people that has refuse to apple common sense in their miserable life's.

Note: You will never see the comment of that slowpoke Righteousness89 on this informative tread, but just post that someone had an accident and die or someone died while playing football you will see the Id!ot commenting rubbish and you also see some many f00ls giving him likes. Now you want Indians to make you managers in their companies with this kind of dead brain that most of you have. F00lish set of people

Bro, you really vex finish them.... Ha ha ha.. Them no dey ever tell themselves the truth.... Many no get "practical" skill. Quack mechanic...quack welder quack everywhere. Give them work do... Rubbish.

And the useless universities just dey churn them out without any useful skills.

3 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by sulaak(m): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
RTSC:

This is nonsense.

The most competitive sector in Nigeria is the banking sector.
And it is managed by Nigerians. Highly skilled Nigerians.

Indians are highly skilled. They come to Nigeria with those skills.

Nigerian companies don't want to train their Nigerian staffs to that same level of skill and competence.

Followed by the software start-up sector that is full of hard-working and dedicated Nigerian.
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Yunus2012(m): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
berbs:
Indians bawo. What happened to Nigerians

Because most Nigerians are fraudulent. We really need to re-think our ways to make a headway as a nation.

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by fid3fid: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
Edusouls:
Of course don’t blame them, do we have engineers in this nation? Noo what we have is only fat belly on suit Enginerrs that just sit in the office and embezzle money, and the other type that only knows how to supervise building construction..

No artisans... No craftsmen..., everyone wan wear suit sit down for office dey claim engineer.

The ones wey no go school wey dey do the engineering go turn the science upside down. Typical example na welders here... Them go use fire burn the metal finish e no go fine. ... Na so oyibo teach them to weld?

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by foolbuster: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
Truthspoon1:
how can we start a campaign against tribalism on the forum and Nigeria at large, these people can't see beyond their nose.

Lolz. Very funny. It seems you are new on this forum. What you are asking is exactly like asking buhari to help put an end to tribalism in nigeria.

Brother, the owner of this forum is a tribalist. Its sad but true.
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by pacespot(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
EdmundChidera:
If not for this administration failure, poverty in India is massive. They really need to employ their people to help their lives. grin

Exactly, in this pandemic, I learnt Indian economy shrank by also 25% during the lockdown.
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2020
foolbuster:

Lolz. Very funny. It seems you are new on this forum. What you are asking is exactly like asking buhari to help put an end to tribalism in nigeria.

Brother, the owner of this forum is a tribalist. Its sad but true.
I think he may promote tribalist for the traffic but if we all begin to speak up against it, it'll reduce.
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Regex: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2020
KenModi:

On such a thread that should be breaking the hearts of Nigerians both home and in the diaspora, your only problem is FTC

First to comment kee you dia!! Idiiot! angry

No wonder Indians are discriminating against you in your own country

I don't really care that Indians are taking our jobs. Nigerians go to UK, USA, Canada, Ireland etc and also take their citizens' job only this time, there's no ads requesting specifically for Nigerians.

For a company to skip its citizen to employ foreigners is not patriotic, but don't you think there's a reason to it?

2 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Edusouls(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
My brother the case of Africa complex pass everybody, I don. Tire person
fid3fid:

No artisans... No craftsmen..., everyone wan wear suit sit down for office dey claim engineer.

The ones wey no go school wey dey do the engineering go turn the science upside down. Typical example na welders here... Them go use fire burn the metal finish e no go fine. ... Na so oyibo teach them to weld?

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2020
youngblaq:

This babe...Nigeria had already done a severe damage to your reasoning faculty, how tha hell did the advert get to indeed.com, think about that sapphires.
What's the name of the employer? Think about that youngblaq.

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nonybb: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
MANY PEOPLE CONDEMNING THIS ARE SO FUNNY. THAT IS HOW INDIANS MARKET JOBS IN UAE, DUBAI
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
Gamesmart:

So someone went to waste his or her money advertising it on Indeed?
What is the purpose of adverting a job if you can't make the employer known?
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by ebuka1997: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
zikter:

Majority of Indian men are rapist, does it mean Indian men wouldn’t be trusted because of that?
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by foolbuster: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
Truthspoon1:
I think he may promote tribalist for the traffic but if we all begin to speak up against it, it'll reduce.

Thats what i thought at first, that he is only interested in the traffic. Yes, but he is unapologetically biased against people from a certain section of the country no doubt.

Trust me, i speak from experience. If you start a campaign against it, the moment it gets his attention or any of his pathetic tribalistic mods is the day you will be banned. Many before you have already tried.

1 Like

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by bammydhele(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
It for better make we kuku sell off the country
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
foolbuster:

Thats what i thought at first, that he is only interested in the traffic. Yes, but he is unapologetically biased against people from a certain section of the country no doubt.

Trust me, i speak from experience. If you start a campaign against it, the moment it gets his attention or any of his pathetic tribalistic mods is the day you will be banned. Many before you have already tried.
This is serious. Hmmmm
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by berbs: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
ebuka1997:

We’re fighting Buhari

Very funny angry
Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by zikter(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
RTSC:

You are not saying anything special.

Do you know how many Indian companies that have folded?
Plenty

The banks that are waxing from strength to strength are still managed by Nigerians.
Sanusi is a Nigerian also. He is not a foreigner

The common factor is that these Nigerians are highly skilled.
Highly skilled Nigerians, perform.

Indians are higly corrupt too. It is like a larger version of Nigeria.
The difference is skill.

Nigerian companies don't want to train their staff
As you are very confident of Nigerians managing things, how come the country with abundant resources including human is the way it is? Look there is a reason for that, poor management both in politics, government sectors, private organizations, NGO and what have you. As I said before, MOST Nigerians regardless of social and whatever status they they found themselves have higher tendencies of short changing each other. Again, there is a reason why we are where we are today. It is nothing aside pure mismanagement, no matter how you try to sugar coat it.
And again do you know how many medium and large scale industries are owned and manage by foreigners, mostly Indians in Nigeria? They are the majority. Even the few surviving Nigerian companies of worth are still driven by these foreigners.

2 Likes

Re: 'Indians Only' Job Advert In Abuja by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nigeria.... a amazing country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Never Say In A Job Interview / Federal Government Survival Fund Congratulation Message / Photos:see What Unemployment Has Caused In Our Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.