Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,566 members, 7,820,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) (71678 Views)

Victor Moses Is Still Playing For Spartak Moscow In Russia / Victor Moses Stylishly Lands In Uyo Ahead Of Zambia Clash. Photos / Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo Risk World Cup Ban In Yaounde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by holycup(m): 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

As generous as this gesture may be, it is rather an exhibition of foolishness.

Such funds should have been donated to the likes of Bendel Insurance of Benin or Mighty Jets of Jos to prevent their extinction.

Nigerians are always good abroad and terrible at home.

I wonder who cursed Nigeria with such unpatriotic tendencies from its citizens.

Rubbish!

Oga abeg make we hear word.even if such amount is donated to this country;the funds will only be for our corrupt greedy leaders and their cohort.check ordinary pandemic palliative for instance. How can you donate money in a place you are quit sure it will never be used for its purpose......a bird does not forget who shed it’s feathers in the rainy season.Use your head oga.

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by fredoooooo: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The kinda donation I love and like doing.
A sincere donation, not an eye service kinda donation

May God bless you Victor Moses
My brother loud it ... this is a donation not the usual show off many do nowadays ..
I don't like him as a player , i hardly like wingers but with this act , i put him on my like list ... Respect , maximum respect victor
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

When I climb up, I ain't coming down.

You better don't grow old o.
Your attitude towards people as you climb and people you climb passed with determine if you'll reach there and how you'll get there...and whether you 'll be able to stay there ...
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
anonimi:

Go and find out how the ordinary folks there make sure the donated money is not as dishonestly used as we do here, then enlighten everyone around you to do likewise.

are you sure that the problem of Nigerians is that they don't know the right thing(s) to do or that we don't do them because we are selfish and greedy and don't care about the collective rather than personal.

Selfish interest and corruption are the bane of Nigerians. We are too interested in what benefit us personally rather than what will benefit everybody collectively

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by babzo(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

EVERYBODY comes down at a point. It's life!
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Very, very good.. But, but he could also help the club by sponsoring good up coming Nigeria player to play for the club. If God help him to succeed in this, he will be forever remembered by the club and the player too.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Fxwarrior: 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

p

Coming down doesn't necessarily mean being poor but needing assistance or goodwill.

You need to reason to understand him.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by LandMann: 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Such funds should have been donated to the likes of Bendel Insurance of Benin or Mighty Jets of Jos to prevent their extinction.

Rubbish!

No be lie...

He should donate it to Bendel insurance and Mighty Jets so that next week the coaches, chairmen and other top people who receive the money on behalf of the club will start driving Voltron and building mansions in their villages while the club, its players and the football situation continue to rot...

My brother, leave Victor and him money.

Hustle yours and give it to those thieves.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by anonimi: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
are you sure that the problem of Nigerians is that they don't know the right thing(s) to do or that we don't do them because we are selfish and greedy and don't care about the collective rather than personal.

Selfish interest and corruption are the bane of Nigerians. We are too interested in what benefit us personally rather than what will benefit everybody collectively

Well said.
Now that you have identified the problem excellently, are you enlightening everyone to care about the collective rather than solely on the personal

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Dreyton36: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2020
And they didn't say " A NIGERIAN PLAYER CALLED VICTOR MOSES"

If na crime now they won't hesitate to name his country , yeye people
Hushbabies go still use laptop collect the money wey them don already donate
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by seyilabi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

Have you forgotten that this life is ups and downs and the only things that is constant is change. we all need prayer to stay ahead in life.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Candrevah: 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
What a nice gesture from him. Congrats to Wigan FC.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
seyilabi:

Have you forgotten that this life is ups and downs and the only things that is constant is change. we all need prayer to stay ahead in life.
Yeah! It's not by our own power or will. I just said that as a declaration based on faith. Things will happen to you, how you respond is what matters.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Mayorwer: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
ProphetofOdin:
Poor management and then were in the premier league few seasons ago.

If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.
interested
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
DeRay98:

You better don't grow old o.
Your attitude towards people as you climb and people you climb passed with determine if you'll reach there and how you'll get there...and whether you 'll be able to stay there ...
Very correct, but I don't understand the part about growing old.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by reason1man: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Did he play for Bendel United? They gave him an opportunity when no one else believed in him. Try donating part of your salary to save Bendel United.
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Ferrous(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
And u are sure the management will not embezzle it?

UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by seyilabi(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

Yeah! It's not by our own power or will. I just said that as a declaration based on faith. Things will happen to you, how you respond is what matters.
you are very correct.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by toprealman: 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2020
paulolee:
nice one coming from victor...my dad do say "no matter the mistakes you make in this life, never forget the ladder you used to climb up because u may need it when coming down"....
i pray the fund helps the team and motivate others people to help too...
ladder, ladder, ladder.......our Lord Jesus is our ladder. He can never be forgotten.....never!
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Emtol01: 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

See mumu post. You know tomorrow.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
Emtol01:
See mumu post. You know tomorrow.
It's called 'staying positive' .
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
A kind gesture from Victor Moses, thumbs up nigga
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by adenigga(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

You must have forgotten the law of diminishing returns & the law of diminishing marginal utilities.

Even if you are not a social scientist, you should have read about it in the journals.

But I respect your opinion because you are entitled to it, but coming down from the ladder is an ambiguous words.

Where is Obasanjo, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Ambode, Orji Kalu, Tafa Balogun, Shonekan, just to mention but a few.

Some of them that are still playing pivotal roles in the society today might have done goods to some while climbing up, when they are done @ the top climbing down those they must have done goods to will surely see to their safe landing.

Note: it does not apply to political scenario's alone, it cut across life experiences.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Skmoda360(m): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

Wetin this one dey talk now? That was his former club....
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by PWAPUTI2010(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Why not make donation here in Nigeria were less privileged are more than there, any way is commendable.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Dayvidblue: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Capital nonsense!

You are no position to tell the man who to give his money.
Make yours and give whoever you choose.

UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by hardbody: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:

Same here bruv.

Let's be nice to each other because as I am moving up, it is the last time we see each other except you meet me at the top. I am never coming down. NEVER.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by bobokunlexzy: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

Hmmmm..... My brother, don't jump to conclusions just like that o.

Do you know the story of Victor Moses? Incase you don't, his parents were killed in cold blood during the religious crisis in the North when he was very young.

It was his Uncle who took him to UK as an orphan & he spent his growing years there.....so you shouldn't blame him for his decision. He is paying back the community who made him.

Moreover, he has paid his dues for Nigeria by playing for the National team & won a Nations cup. I think that's enough on his part.

He could have easily choose England over Nigeria just like most of our young talented footballers are doing.....but he still choose us despite that he lost his parents to injustice & chaos.

Maybe because of opinion like yours was why he choose to stay anonymous but WIGAN just had to let him be appreciated by the world which was why they cast him.

The Guy has done well.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by friday2011(m): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
nicho450:
This is not a new news na... It is has been trending since when self? Yesterday or the day before?

Anyhow sha this gesture will somehow help in restoring our good name to outsiders...

Weldon Mr Moses!!!

grin

So yesterday or the day b4 yesterday na old news...?

This is nairaland not cnn or aljazera, those once no dey sleep, like say dem dey there when the tin dey happen.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Gabbriell: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nice nice Victor Moses. Leadership by example

Bookmark https://futbol.tips for your everyday football betting tips and start winning your bets

Goto https://futbol.tips
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Tech35: 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
Lean how to make a solar lights that Automatically on at night and automatically off in the morning, click on the link below
https:///pbUsoj-1Jw
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by foreshore(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
benjackugo:
IgbereTV reports that Chelsea footballer, Victor Moses, has made a significant donation to support his former club, Wigan Athletic amid their financial struggles during the pandemic.

At the end of the 2019/2020 season, Wigan were relegated alongside Hull City and Charlton Athletic.

Moses played for the Latics before joining Chelsea in 2012.

The club's supporters body has confimed that the former Super Eagles player has made a significant financial contribution to the club that'll stop them from going into extinction.

The supporters are aiming to raise £750,000 to support the club this season, and they are now within £100,000 of the target after Moses sent money.

“Wow – what can we say? When Victor got in touch to say he wanted to help by donating such a substantial amount, I just couldn’t believe what I was hearing – it’s such an incredible gesture,” , the chairperson of Wigan Athletic Supporters' Club, Caroline Molyneux, said.

“Victor wanted to make the donation and remain anonymous but we simply had to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves.

"Victor’s contribution has taken us past £650,000 and to within £100,000 of our next target of £750,000.

“We are so thankful to Victor for his support. He is an excellent footballer, a true role model and someone we always enjoyed watching at the DW Stadium – he will always be welcome back here, even more so now!”

Journalist Mike Minay also tweeed:

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1303689850202337281?s=19

Moses, took to his Twitter handle to call for more support to save the future of the 2013 FA Cup winners.

Moses tweeted:

https://twitter.com/VictorMoses/status/1303724057905565696?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1364118/victor-moses-makes-donation-save-former-club-wigan-extinction-photos/

He donated €20,000 as anonymous donor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Senegal: AYC 2015 Final (1 - 0) On 22nd March 2015 / Cristiano Ronaldo Boards His CR7 Private Jet In Style (Pictured) / Lionel Messi Buys MiM Hotel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.