Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches (52558 Views)

Kande Gao: Meet Chinese Journalist That Broadcast In Hausa Fluently / Tstv Begins Broadcast Of LA Liga Matches / Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by blowjohn(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2020
[quote author=Princedapace post=93803575][/quote]

Money from subscription nko?
Dstv is taking in billions every month from subscription nw
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by SlyCharlie(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Even Dangote doesn't have 100b dollars. Why can't these Nigerian billionaires pull their resources together and establish a satellite TV that will give DSTV competition? Or is the ROI from satellite TVs very low?
The ROI in Nigeria is low, no thanks to our useless currency and the lack of basic amenities like stable electricity.

Imagine this scenario, you buy content from EPL for $100million in January 2020 at ₦305 to $1, then you charge subscribers ₦5000 per month.

But then in August 2020, ₦500 - $1, plus increase in VAT by 2.5%, and inflation rate of 12%. how do you think you are going to break even, to recoup the initial $100million invested in just 3yrs?

and this is just for EPL, there's UCL that cost $150million, laliga, serie a, tennis and so on...
then there content rights for movies and series that are also paid for in dollars?
how would you break even in a hostile business environment like this without raising or increase the price??

it's easy for use to say "billioners' should invest, but most of them have paid people to do the market survey and risk analysis. the maths doesn't just add up, except existing policies in Nigeria change for the better.

the same Nigerians that will praise you for launching a sat tv will be the same ones that I'll demonize you for increasing prices in your bid to stay afloat and have a reasonable ROI.
most Nigerians don't understand the economics and want things free or almost free, with usual 'for the poor masses' slogan.

I've said this thing before, satellite tv isn't a necessity, it is optional. if you can't afford it, watch NTA, or watch church channels on FTA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2020
Princedapace:

Ur last statement got me laughing... Actually, many Nigerians are not really intelligent bro. Our intelligence is only for defrauding people grin grin

Our govt needs fix many things before we can begin to enjoy some level of satisfactions from privately managed enterprises. But Nigerians will leave their leaders o and be blaming private companies grin

I never see people who make excuses for their leaders reach Nigerians.
The situation is just pathetic mehn.
And government and citizens reason alike.
Shebi it was the Senate that said they would force DSTV to reduce prices grin
And funny enoug most Nigerians believe we are the most intelligent country in the world grin

1 Like

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Olumyco(m): 10:54am On Sep 11, 2020
Rgade:

You dey mind Nigerians.
I don't know the kind of binary reasoning Nigerians are cursed with.
Always comparing sheer numbers alone while leaving out the dynamics of economics, whenever they begin their usual comparison with other countries.
SA has a far better infrastructure than Nigeria,power, water, security, network etc like you pointed out.
It's common sense that foreign companies would have to spend far more money in Nigeria in order to bring their standard of operation at par with what is obtained in their home country.
They will also ignore that SA has a far better per capita GDP($) than Nigeria. So what we see as expensive might actually be cheap for them.
Also there's the devalued currency and double digit inflation rates.
But a Nigerian will ignore the fact that his Economy is screwed and be expecting the same standard of service obtained in first world countries at subsidized rates.
FG should come and subsidize DSTV for them too,so they'll stop crying.

Some of your claims as regards why things are expensive are not totally accurate. Infrastructure can affect cost of production... that's correct but you also need to factor demand and supply laws into it. You need to factor many factors like environmental friendliness and so on to it. There are many things that are very much cheap in Nigeria compared to SA. Ghana has light too but things are cheaper here than there. You cant just conclude that its because there is no light or water or whatever in Nigeria that is why... no it doesn't work that way. Do you know that SA pays a higher bill of electricity than us. Do you also know that the cost of petrol or diesel in Nigeria is cheaper than SA. So invariably if you look at it very well it's possible that the amount that will be spent on electricity and fuel for generator be at par with the amount that will be spent on electricity in SA or be a little above that of SA to run a media house. You concluding like this to me will not justify the price disparity.
Then again GDP per capita has nothing to do with what you brought it into. GDP per Capita is relative to population and it's an overall measure of wealth distribution in a country which portrays how the country citizens are faring in terms of standard of living and not how the market force is determined.

Thanks.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Princedapace(m): 11:01am On Sep 11, 2020
Rgade:

The situation is just pathetic mehn.
And government and citizens reason alike.
Shebi it was the Senate that said they would force DSTV to reduce prices grin
And funny enoug most Nigerians believe we are the most intelligent country in the world grin

I was just laughing when I read the story. U didnt even mention multiple taxes paid by these companies.

We produce leaders who also Nigerians, so I'm not too surprised why we can't fix Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by queenpin: 11:05am On Sep 11, 2020
Even if it to just watch Channels and CNN, if the price is right I will switch to Tstv
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Goalnaldo(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

The ROI in Nigeria is low, no thanks to our useless currency and the lack of basic amenities like stable electricity.

Imagine this scenario, you buy content from EPL for $100million in January 2020 at ₦305 to $1, then you charge subscribers ₦5000 per month.

But then in August 2020, ₦500 - $1, plus increase in VAT by 2.5%, and inflation rate of 12%. how do you think you are going to break even, to recoup the initial $100million invested in just 3yrs?

and this is just for EPL, there's UCL that cost $150million, laliga, serie a, tennis and so on...
then there content rights for movies and series that are also paid for in dollars?
how would you break even in a hostile business environment like this without raising or increase the price??

it's easy for use to say "billioners' should invest, but most of them have paid people to do the market survey and risk analysis. the maths doesn't just add up, except existing policies in Nigeria change for the better.

the same Nigerians that will praise you for launching a sat tv will be the same ones that I'll demonize you for increasing prices in your bid to stay afloat and have a reasonable ROI.
most Nigeriana don't understand the economics and want things free or almost free, with usual 'for the poor masses' slogan.

I've said this thing before, satellite tv isn't a necessity, it is optional.
wow I'm amazed. I like how you simplified everything.

1 Like

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Ruggedpen: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:
Wow

All EPL live matches or selected ones?
EFL is different from EPL
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Tizozo: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
atiku07:
do you know how much u pay to watch the ESPN on DSTV
Don't get me wrong, pal. I'm not defending dstv. I'm as pissed with them like everyone else.

But think of it, with a single subscription, you get EPL, la Liga, serie A, Uefa CL, EFL, MLS, etc.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2020
Princedapace:

Why are u people like this? It cost a lot to get broadcast right of these top leagues. Even broadcast right of African champions league is way expensive not to talk of epl. If they get the right for epl, their sub will be expensive just like dstv. So what is now the need ? Dstv is expensive becus they paid heavily for broadcast rights.

No business wants to lose money. So as they paid heavily for broadcast rights, they will also charge their customers heavily.

If tstv go the dstv way, it will become as expensive as dstv.
Tell them because it seems most Nigerians are ignorant
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
NaMeAboki:
Until they get the rights to broadcast live Premier League matches they won't be any competition to DSTV.
Sorry to burst your bubble, premier League is expensive
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nanavati:
shame nor d catch una showing EFL Championship when your mate are showing EPL
Are you ready to pay N20,000 for subscription?
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Crenzywilliams:

South Africans pay about 9200 naira for what we pay about 13k for, and their content is even better than ours, why shy ours be higher?
Use the dollar equivalent in South Africa instead of Rand
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

most Nigerians don't understand the economics and want things free or almost free, with usual 'for the poor masses' slogan.

I've said this thing before, satellite tv isn't a necessity, it is optional. if you can't afford it, watch NTA, or watch church channels on FTA.
You are absolutely correct
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
vickydevoka:
Once de start showing epl, DStv is dropping dere monthly subscription by half de formal price
No they aren't
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good move. DSTV eyes done open.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by edoairways: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Tv rights for top leagues are sold in cycles, you don't just come in the middle and say you wanna broadcast so so league, especially when there's a broadcaster with an existing contract for that league in the same geographical location.
The league invites interested broadcasters to tender there bids and the highest bidder wins.

EPL rights are up for renewal in 2022.(DStv)

Series A is up in 2021.(DStv)

Laliga just concluded theirs with DStv and Startimes, this year until 2024.(DStv & Startimes)

Bundesliga will announce winners of the bid next week until 2025, most likely Startimes.(Startimes)

Ligue 1 has no English broadcaster in Nigeria for now, tstv can go for that one.(Nobody)

This EFL tstv got is most likely a sublicense deal with Supersport or ESPN Africa that both broadcast it, and since the rights are non exclusive, it is possible to get it at almost anytime.

The intricacies of tv sports rights no be here, you must be very careful and look before you leap else you wound yourself and run out of business.
Hmmmm!
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by mankan2k7(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
Audio
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Omengboji: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good one. They came up with good ideas but nigerian politics pushed them back. I no they will start all matches soonest.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by COMPAQ(m): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2020
rentAcock:
TSTV should never be trusted. They were a flop the last time after an overhyped intro. I will wait for at least 3years before trusting them with my money.

Good point. It might be a scam.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by COMPAQ(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2020
Crenzywilliams:

South Africans pay about 9200 naira for what we pay about 13k for, and their content is even better than ours, why shy ours be higher?

Thats not correct. I went to Multichoice SA site recently and the SA packages cost more than equivalent Nigeria ones
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by COMPAQ(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Shaev7(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
post=93797692:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/tstv-begins-broadcast-of-efl-matches/%3famp=1
How can I get this TSTV and what's their subscription like?
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by maiquel: 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
EPL or nothing.
Nobody will sit and watch EFL.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by NaMeAboki: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2020
edoairways:

Sorry to burst your bubble, premier League is expensive

Pls try to read carefully before commenting.
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Mathantics: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2020
frankmoney:
This TStv you only hear about them online . Where are they selling decoder , how much is the subscription , where are their offices located ?

You can still get their decoder online and pay online.

This is 21st century! grin
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by jacoik(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
frankmoney:
This TStv you only hear about them online . Where are they selling decoder , how much is the subscription , where are their offices located ?
good observation
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by jacoik(m): 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
visijo:
Can you date someone that has dated someone you dated when you start dating before you dated the person?
can you repeat the question?

1 Like

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by RealEzee(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Them never ready Abeg, I no dey watch efl na epl oo
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Stanlyag(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
And I am sure the commentary will be in Arabic abi? Someone may ask what do you need commentary for? But trust me Peter Drury, Jim Beglin etc are those that keep me glued to football matches.

1 Like

Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by Anambra1stS0n: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Shaev7:

How can I get this TSTV and what's their subscription like?
Check their website for contact
Re: Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches by NACE13: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Those are CTL and Metrodigital decoders,it's piracy though, but DStv overlooks them sometimes although they've been off air for a couple of months now because EFCC raided their offices for broadcast piracy

shocked You don't say! I really enjoyed it and I had the intention of getting their decoder this month because of EPL. Too bad though. Any hope of them coming back?
Thank you for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi And Tacha Hug Passionately (video) / NTA Engineers Struggling To Fix Their Equipment At UYO Stadium / Laycon Interrupts Lilo And Eric As They Kiss In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.