Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor (37927 Views)

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi, On Vacation In The United States During ASUU Strike / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level / Nwankwo Florence Ngozi, University Of Jos Overall Best Graduating Student (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Soneh(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Igbo women amaka
She's not Igbo. Northern Cross Riverians bear Igbo names like Obi, Ejim etc. Florence Obi is most probably from Obudu.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Shugargal(f): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations ma..
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by paltielx: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
Xavie:
nice

ehhh IGBO AMAKAAA!

ps: she is more beautiful than 95 percent of konjified nairaland slay mamas
she no be igbo, she's from boki LGA in Cross River State
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
nice one
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Eteka1(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
Xavie:
nice

ehhh IGBO AMAKAAA!

ps: she is more beautiful than 95 percent of konjified nairaland slay mamas
She is not Igbo. She is from Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
She's from boki Sha and they don't share boundry with any Igbo group tho, me too thought she's Igbo. Anyway it's supposed to be an Efik man but Sha, I hope when efiks become govenor in 2023 they'll equally repay these northern CRS people in the same coin.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Eteka1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
DemonInvoker:

You no think am say Obi fit be her Husband name but she's a cross riverine by birth.
She and her husband are from Cross River State. Her son is a former aide to former Governor Imoke and currently a second term member of the Cross River State House of Assembly.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
madjune:
I'm surprised calabar politics no stand in her way.

That's my alma mater.
Their politics no be for here.
Let's pray against the powers of their homefront levels.

Calabar people will understand my lingua.

I don't understand you
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
Eteka1:
She and her husband are from Cross River State. Her son is a former aide to former Governor Imoke and currently a second term member of the Cross River State House of Assembly.
Okay,Thanks for the details

1 Like

Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
[quote author=blesoh post=93819765][/quote]

Baby,long time
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Eteka1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
lol,you are doing your best to make her non igbo,calaber woman way day bear obi?,you don see yoruba way him name na obi?.i,m quite sure her place is one of those places carved out of southeast to south south by the criminal fulanis.
Many Cross River State people bear Igbo names but are not Igbo speaking.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by NwokoloOwa: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations Ma!

Wishing you a highly successful tenure.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Eastlink:
It may be her husband name or she may be an Agbo from Abi LGA. But the illiterate who began the chant is deprived of common sense.
Lolzzzzzz
I was wondering which State will appoint a non indigene as commissioner of women affairs.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by emperorshaokahn(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
Eteka1:
Many Cross River State people bear Igbo names but are not Igbo speaking.
yeah,jurt like many yorubas bear yoruba names but are not yorubas(sounds absurd right?).
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
Eteka1:

Who is the husband
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations to Professor Obi. But do you know you can get a 30-Minute FREE Consultation with a doctor on FCMB health advisory platform.. Follow the link in the signature to get started.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Agugbadin: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2020
rentAcock:
Women are definitely taking over. Any man lacking ambition will be left behind.

Win N5,000 right here on Nairaland by answering simple trivia questions. Tomorrow Sept 12th @9pm. See previous shows https://www.nairaland.com/5429655/naija-quiz-show-5-win#82439203

Provided they rule with integrity not like the female provost of Delta state college of education that build two toilets at the cost of 36million Naira.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by NextBuhari: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
Don't go and build toilet with 36 million oo
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by madjune(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
garfield1:

I don't understand you

What do you find confusing?
Let's start from there.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Lordmykel(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Igbo women amaka
she is not igbo, she is a Cross Riverian.. Tribalism should not be the first thing on your mind always.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Blackking98:
She's from boki Sha and they don't share boundry with any Igbo group tho, me too thought she's Igbo. Anyway it's supposed to be an Efik man but Sha, I hope when efiks become govenor in 2023 they'll equally repay these northern CRS people in the same coin.
Cross river is one of the largest states. It will be better if that northern part is just added to their kits and kin in benue state .
The way that I see is that There are many tribes in northern Cross river and they are just trying to compensate them. That Boki area has never smelled any power before so I guess that's why they decided to give the woman .
Even before 1998 in old cross river only Efik/ibibio ruled . When Donald Duke was governor , most positions from chief judge ,secretary of state down to even waterboard chairman was occupied by Efiks .Deputy Governor was occupied by Obubra. I personally think Efiks have it good man. atleast the capital is in Efik land . The immediate past chief judge was Efik. when power returns to Efik in 2023 most positions will likely be Efik and Obubra and Ikom area which have not been in power since.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
madjune:

What do you find confusing?
Let's start from there.

Powers of home front levels
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
SUPERTRAM2005:
Cross river is one of the largest states. It will be better if that northern part is just added to their kits and kin in benue state .
The way that I see is that There are many tribes in northern Cross river and they are just trying to compensate them. That Boki area has never smelled any power before so I guess that's why they decided to give the woman .
Even before 1998 in old cross river only Efik/ibibio ruled . When Donald Duke was governor , most positions from chief judge ,secretary of state down to even waterboard chairman was occupied by Efiks .Deputy Governor was occupied by Obubra. I personally think Efiks have it good man. atleast the capital is in Efik land . The immediate past chief judge was Efik. when power returns to Efik in 2023 most positions will likely be Efik and Obubra and Ikom area which have not been in power since.

Kelvin etta who was vc from 1997-2000 is from boki.it is the turn of the south
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
SUPERTRAM2005:
I hope so too
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
garfield1:

Kelvin etta who was vc from 1997-2000 is from boki.it is the turn of the south
When last was Efik the VC?
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2020
SUPERTRAM2005:
When last was Efik the VC?

An efik has never been vc but the last vc from the south was bassey asuquo from 2010 to 2015
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by sirelliotofafri: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Igbo women amaka
She's from Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State.They bear names like Obi.She's not Igbo.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
garfield1:

An efik has never been vc but the last vc from the south was bassey asuquo from 2010 to 2015
And that's fair? Lol the way y'all justify nonesense eh.
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
Blackking98:

And that's fair? Lol the way y'all justify nonesense eh.

Didn't you read where said that the vc should have been from the south?
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
garfield1:

Didn't you read where said that the vc should have been from the south?
so what's the magic that happened? If an Efik man becomes govenor and makes the south produce two VC back to back I hope no one will cry marginalization
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by garfield1: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Blackking98:
so what's the magic that happened? If an Efik man becomes govenor and makes the south produce two VC back to back I hope no one will cry marginalization

Its not possible.it is now clear that ayade wants the next gov to be from central
Re: Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor by Blackking98(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
garfield1:

Its not possible.it is now clear that ayade wants the next gov to be from central
Lol.
That's not possible either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnics To Award Bachelor Of Technology (B. TECH) Degrees / Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.