Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay (10973 Views)

POL 501 The Tinubu Masterclass (sparsky Vs Fisher 1972) / Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Mumu, which thread, is it too big a thing for Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, and Ogun to create threads like you see in other state in the south, what are you guys afraid off? Please pack well ,if you create a thread of you state, then I will take you serious, Anu Ohia Gongola
How many are we going to open? We have opened some in the past, and trust me we ain't gonna be opening new threads every week just as you inferior folks do everyweek.

Now, when is Enugu launching Enugu Airways? When is Owerri or imo Airways taking off?

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
Benevento:

when is Akwa launching her own Airway?

when is Enugu laughing hers?

when is ibom air landing in Aba?

Enugu don't need to have an air line, they have international airport which is the six most busiest , After Lagos, Abuja, PH, Owerri, Kano, then Eungu,

Aba has two options Owerri or ph airport,
ABA to Owerri airport is 30-40min, same to PH. still, they are about building their airport

Aba to Uyo is less than 60min so what is the need of it, but like I said they are about building an airport.

So can you see how lucrative our two airport are (Owerri and Eungu airport) to the ones you have in Ibadan, oshogbo, or Akure, they are not even in the top 15, na people wa get money they fly.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
proeast:

Not in this thread. Except that's a new tactics you guys want to use to cover Awo's attrocities.

Please create a thread about Oshobo's rustic splendour and tag me, and I will be your guest.
See the governor of Osun state in the slum hahah.

Correct me If am wrong, Anambra state is the best state in igboland, with the way you folks runs you filthy mouths, one would think Anambra is Las Vegas, what is happening in the pictures below??

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Which Ibadan are you talking about. Is it the big for nothing ibadan I know or the brown roof republic you knew?
This is stale.You can do better than this.

Go and develop your 'desert' Igboland.
Instead of developing your pigsty,you will come to Yorubaland which has Ibadan that is more developed than the entire Igboland to wag your mouths.Anuofia.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
Obamaofusa:

According to you, they should try and also show case there state, it's not a bad thing, at least show your State to the world, why hiding
Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Enugu don't need to have an air line, they have international airport which is the six most busiest , After Lagos, Abuja, PH, Owerri, Kano, then Eungu,

Aba has two options Owerri or ph airport,
ABA to Owerri airport is 30-40min, same to PH. still, they are about building their airport

Aba to Uyo is less than 60min so what is the need of it, but like I said they are about building an airport.

So can you see how lucrative our two airport are (Owerri and Eungu airport) to the ones you have in Ibadan, oshogbo, or Akure, they are not even in the top 15, na people was get money they fly.
Typical of Nnamdi Kanu disciple, daft and boastful.

You want to boast about ibom air that wasn't yours, just because another state owned airway ply your root? LMAO.

Arik, overland, Air peace (a fraudulent airway owned by Goodluck Jonathan) are making use of Akure, Ibadan airport, with Lagos Airport being the busiest in West Africa(not only NIGERIA)

Is Lagos not part of Yorubaland again? Tell me? Is Lagos now in Igboland?

FYI, Lagos, Ogun, Osun Ekiti Ondo Oyo Kwara South/Central and Kogi west are Yorubaland, we ain't gonna shield any part of Yorubaland to any fvcking where..

You have two Airports, we have 3..

Why must we be even bragging about airports? Why are these ibo guys so daft?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

According to you, they should try and also show case there state, it's not a bad thing, at least show your State to the world, why hiding

Let us show the slummy parts of our states and the beautiful parts,Ibadan only has more and better infrastructures and road network than the entire Igboland.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

I repeat, we've opened some, do you want us to be opening threads every week the way you guys does everyday (some said it's inferiority complex that's affecting you folks)

How many threads have you seen showing beautiful places in Kebbi, makurdi, Yenagoa, lokoja, etcetera?

We can't all be the same, you have to realise that we Yorubas are miles above, we can't be competing with you l**s humans...

Picture 1, 2 and 3 is Abeokuta.

Picture 4 and 5 is Ibadan.

Are these not more good looking than the fifth you called Aba Onitsha?

What else do you want? Are you suggesting we start creating threads every 2 days just to proof a point ?

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by oyatz(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

The purpose of the indigenisation decree was bullshit for me. Nigerians were clearly not capable of managing the multinationals present then. If they were capable, they would have founded their own companies.

Every independent Country always strive to promote the Prosperity of her own citizens first before the prosperity of outsiders.

Nigerians actually established their own companies. As a matter of fact, some of the companies mentioned in this article of propaganda were established by Nigerians e.g Odua Textiles, Ado-Ekiti, Nigerian Tribune and Wema Bank.

However, Nigeria and Nigerians before 1960 were grossly disadvantaged by colonialism to establish many companies like the Colonial powers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Go and develop your 'desert' Igboland.

Did you say we should go and develop? What the op is simply saying is with all your stolen wealth, free education and sophistication we the igbos are still very much represented,
Just imagine you in a football match, down with 0 - 10 or more and halfway into the match you equalised, even surpassed your opponent, this is not a joke, it's a miracle and God's hand is definitely in it.

You people are not ashame, instead of asking your leaders simple questions of what went wrong, how did they mismanaged this golden opportunity that would have translated into massive industrial development, you are here flexing muscle with people that was ravaged with 3years war, lost everything, mean everything, is this not a shame

Total shame!!!

God have shame you people, and will continue to do so till you people stop and look back and asked where you got it wrong,

In truth and all honesty, you people too control of Nigeria after the war, I don't care who sign the indiginzation stuff or who idea it was, all I know is that some people hijacked the system and share all the spoils of war to them selves and the result is what we are seeing today, and some stu,.I'd people are defending them with impunity and recklessness

God will surely deal with you people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by oyatz(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
proeast:

Lol, stop being smart by half. All you wrote there are half truths meant to decieve the unsuspecting.

1. You claim that Awolowo had left the Gowon government before the Indignization decree was passed into law? Awolowo had already forwarded the budget and forcast for 1972 fiscal year before resigning. Again, don't you know that policies can't be implemented immediately they were hatched? For the Indignization decree to have become law by 1972 means that the idea has been deliberated upon and the memo passed much earlier! Have you forgotten or don't you know there is what is called bureucratic bottlenecks in government? It is evidently clear that Awolowo was the one that pushed for Indignization decree!!

2. Of course yes, you're now getting it, Awolowo presented it to Gowon much earlier!

3. Yes, NEPC act was aimed at transferring ownership of foreign companies operating in Nigeria to Nigerians. Now, consider this, a devastating war was fought in the East and it just ended. Worse still, those from the East who survived the war, had all their accounts frozen and a measly 20 pounds given to them regardless of whatever thousands or millions they had in their accounts prior to the war. As if that was not enough, they all lost their jobs! So how on Earth do the architects of that Indignization decree except the Igbos to be involved in the process when they were totally emasculated?? The conditions that were attached that had to be met before one could participate even made it obvious that the objective was to totally rout them from having any stake in the economy.

4. Your point here is another attempt to decieving gullible ones. Lol, is buying and selling of stocks no longer a standard procedure for companies that are listed on the stock exchange? You sold companies in 1972 and thereabout during a time a section of the country couldn't participate. A particular section bought most of it and formed the chairman and board of directors then is there anything left? Shares that were later sold were obviously minority ones.

5. Another half truth. A company can decide not to sell its shares or just sell little. Other Nigerians buying insignificant shares later on makes no difference because the deed has been done, except on rare occasions such as during bankruptcy or takeover.

The basis for accusing Awolowo and his cohorts for those crimes is 100% in order.

You are free to hate Awolowo till eternity but these will not necessarily change the truth.

1) The agitations for indegenization of Nigerian economy started before Independence by Nigerian business men, educated elites and later political leaders supported it as a way to prevent foreign domination of the economy.
It's NOT just about Awolowo.

2) The Nigerian Enterprise Promotion Decree was signed into Law in 1972 to be implemented in April,1974.

At the initial phase, it was limited to small scale enterprises like advertising companies, retail shops, bakeries, laundries, Newspapers publications, printing, Transportation &Haulage by roads etc.

The aim was to prevent unfair competition from foreign business

This is very similar to what the Gov't of Ghana is presently doing.

3) The implementation of the law only started compelling Multinational companies to list their shares for Nigerians in the late 1970s.

It has nothing to do with Awolowo.

4) Yoruba and Igbos are not the only ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Urbobos, Ijaws, Efik, Bini, Tiv,Idoma, Beroms,Igbos, Fulanis, Kanuri, Igala, Bariba, Anaguta, etc also bought shares in these companies.

5) All over the world, wars have consequences.
I don't know how you figure out that whatever consequences the Igbos faced after the war must be blamed on the Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Did you say we should go and develop? What the op is simply saying is with all your stolen wealth, free education and sophistication we the igbos are still very much represented,
Just imagine you in a football match, down with 0 - 10 or more and halfway into the match you equalised, even surpassed your opponent, this is not a joke, it's a miracle and God's hand is definitely in it.

You people are not ashame, instead of asking your leaders simple questions of what went wrong, how did they mismanaged this golden opportunity that would have translated into massive industrial development, you are here flexing muscle with people that was ravaged with 3years war, lost everything, mean everything, is this not a shame

Total shame!!!

God have shame you people, and will continue to do so till you people stop and look back and asked where you got it wrong,

In truth and all honesty, you people too control of Nigeria after the war, I don't care who sign the indiginzation stuff or who idea it was, all I know is that some people hijacked the system and share all the spoils of war to them selves and the result is what we are seeing today, and some stu,.I'd people are defending them with impunity and recklessness

how are Igbos more represented than the Hausas/Fulani? not to talk of the great Yorubas?

tell me.
Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Total shame!!!

I don't know why you keep running from me...
Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
Benevento:

I don't know why you keep running from me...

Running from you?

Please who are you?

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
oyatz:

Every independent Country always strive to promote the Prosperity of her own citizens first before the prosperity of outsiders.

Nigerians actually established their own companies. As a matter of fact, some of the companies mentioned in this article of propaganda were established by Nigerians e.g Odua Textiles, Ado-Ekiti, Nigerian Tribune and Wema Bank.

However, Nigeria and Nigerians before 1960 were grossly disadvantaged by colonialism to establish many companies like the Colonial powers.

At the end of the day we have all seen that indigenisation did not lead to prosperity for Nigerians in the long run. The same foreign investors we chased away with the decree are now the ones we are pursuing all around the globe to invest in Nigeria. If the government was desirous of improving the capacity of Nigerians to take part in the Nation's economy, there were many other ways to ensure that other than indigenisation.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by aribisala0(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

At the end of the day we have all seen that indigenisation did not lead to prosperity for Nigerians in the long run. The same foreign investors we chased away with the decree are now the ones we are pursuing all around the globe to invest in Nigeria. If the government was desirous of improving the capacity of Nigerians to take part in the Nation's economy, there were many other ways to ensure that other than indigenisation.

This remark is funny

How old are you ?

Have you got any idea what Nigeria looked like in 1972

Reading through this thread one would imagine that Nigeria was full of foreign businesses in 1972.

The reality is there was not even a pure water factory anywhere. In Lagos state there were not up to 20 bakeries
and there were night soil men carrying shit in buckets from peoples houses to dump in the Lagoon in Lagos

There was no Lagos Ibadan express way., No PH Aba expressway . Not a single dual carriageway expressway in the whole country

It is illogical to talk about what indigenization decree led to or did not lead to without perspective

What is the name of the largest company that was affected.
What was the size of that company in $$
Any clue?

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
Benevento:

how are Igbos more represented than the Hausas/Fulani? not to talk of the great Yorubas?

tell me.
Here they come again, whats so great about this useless set of people that can't even manage themselves not to talk of economy.

Please tell me what's great about Yoruba people ? People that lost the only opportunity they would have used to turn their region into paradise, only to compare their fake economy to a war ravaged region. even the same economy they are bragging about is not their doing

If you people are so great like you think, why not compare yourselves with South Korea, Malaysia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
aribisala0:

This remark is funny

How old are you ?

Have you got any idea what Nigeria looked like in 1972

Reading through this thread one would imagine that Nigeria was full of foreign businesses in 1972.

The reality is there was not even a pure water factory anywhere. In Lagos state there were not up to 20 bakeries
and there were night soil men carrying shit in buckets from peoples houses to dump in the Lagoon in Lagos

There was no Lagos Ibadan express way., No PH Aba expressway . Not a single dual carriageway expressway in the whole country

It is illogical to talk about what indigenization decree led to or did not lead to without perspective

What is the name of the largest company that was affected.
What was the size of that company in $$
Any clue?

Was it the indigenisation decree that led to Nigeria's present development? Do you know how harmful that policy was to Nigeria's investment drive? How many of the big indigenous Companies today arose from that programme?

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by oyatz(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

1) It did lead to prosperity for Nigerians.
Without it Nigerians in the 1960-1980 era wouldn't have been prosperous.

2) The Foreign Companies were never sent away outrightly like it was done in Zambia and later Zimbabwe.
First Bank, Union Bank , BP (transformed to AP- Conoil), West African Larfarge, A.G Leventis, Mobil etc are still here and doing well

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Here they come again, whats so great about this useless set of people that can't even manage themselves not to talk of economy.

Please tell me what's great about Yoruba people ? People that lost the only opportunity they would have used to turn their region into paradise, only to compare their fake economy to a war ravaged region. even the same economy they are bragging about is not their doing

If you people are so great like you think, why not compare yourselves with South Korea, Malaysia
Everything about Yoruba is great, actually the greatest in this country.

Centre of ;
Commerce
Industries
Entertainment
Education
Economy power house of the country.
Yoruland is where everyone wanna be.

Can that be said for you barren region? Who want to go to igbooand, LMAO, where the indigenes are running away from.

Please come and dispute what I listed above.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Baba say we cannot manage the economy.

Should we tell him that igboland has the Second lowest economy?

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
proeast:

Lies and more lies, but I will always counter you guys with verifiable facts.

You claimed no company was taken over by any tribe but that's fallacy, lots of foreign companies were actually taken over by the Yorubas under the guise of Indignization decree.

Now look at the following attachments and see man's inhumanity to fellow man in full glare.

As you can see, over 1000 foreign companies were affected!

Now look at the second attachment and see the stringent conditions that would totally ensure that Igbos never got involved especially bearing in mind that their bank accounts were confiscated and the maximum each person got regardless of whatever thousands or millions he had prior to the war, was a measly 20 pounds!
stop lying please, will you be comfortable lying to your children? Can please tell me anywhere in the world before the advent of computer where bank records were lost and the bank came to pay the customers claims without documentation but word of mouth, what will be paid is insurance which was the 20 pounds, ww still have the entity that will do the same if anybank fails now, NDIC, if you like have 1billion in first bank, if the bank fails today you only getting 500k.stop lying, Bible says its a sin.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Total shame!!!

your assertion is so myopic, japan, Germany, South Korea had carpet bombings during the 2nd world war, they turn their economy around under 20 years had the fastest economy growth ever in their history, the eat developing after the war is not a big deal, its what we all prayed for and thank God it happened.

Point is Yoruba did not promulgate the decree in question, you guys should just stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
Benevento:

Everything about Yoruba is great, actually the greatest in this country.

Centre of ;
Commerce
Industries
Entertainment
Education
Economy power house of the country.
Yoruland is where everyone wanna be.

Can that be said for you barren region? Who want to go to igbooand, LMAO, where the indigenes are running away from.

Please come and dispute what I listed above.

Centre of commerce ? Who and who is controlling it even in your own Yoruba land

Industry who are the people running them? Is it Yoruba?

Entertainment, Igbos opened yoruba eyes through Nollywood, we run it as business and now every body is enjoying it

Education,:- pass glory, I have it before no bi achievement, even before the war we are leading you in education, Igbos were running the economy. Now it a shame that a war ravaged region is mesmerising you people with our achievements

Economy power house? Please who are the people running Lagos economy? All ethnic group are well represented, Igbos have many sector they are running, Hausas have there own, likewise others, so what are you saying.

The truth is that yorubas have lost it, in education they are following us for back, in economy they have also lost the grip.

Now tell us, can you name any place out side Yoruba land you can say that Yoruba are well represented or running things.

If you go to east, south south and even your west, you will see Hausa, Fulani running things, they even have Street or areas they control or see them in large numbers doing business, that's outside their own region, not to talk of Igbos, Igbos, hausas and co, have finished sharing your so called economy, while they still have theirs 100% undiluted. Keep sleeping

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Ngorbungor(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
masseratti:
your assertion is so myopic, japan, Germany, South Korea had carpet bombings during the 2nd world war, they turn their economy around under 20 years had the fastest economy growth ever in their history, the eat developing after the war is not a big deal, its what we all prayed for and thank God it happened.

Point is Yoruba did not promulgate the decree in question, you guys should just stop lying.

Those countries you mentioned bounced back just because they have their destiny in there own hands after the wars and we the igbos did not, we were never allowed, but the Yoruba and Hausa that never experienced war, should have be in the fore front of industrial development, educational development, and infrastructure development, but they are still Rubin shoulders with Igbos that was reduced to nothing from 1967 till now?

The Onitsha you are seeing today was levelled to ground zero, during the war, likewise Owerri and Enugu, but go there today you will never believe what they have become after the war. Only if we won the war, I don't think you guys will ever see our back in terms of industrial development etc.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Benevento(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Centre of commerce ? Who and who is controlling it even in your own Yoruba land

Industry who are the people running them? Is it Yoruba?

Entertainment, Igbos opened yoruba eyes through Nollywood, we run it as business and now every body is enjoying it

Education,:- pass glory, I have it before no bi achievement, even before the war we are leading you in education, Igbos were running the economy. Now it a shame that a war ravaged region is mesmerising you people with our achievements

Economy power house? Please who are the people running Lagos economy? All ethnic group are well represented, Igbos have many sector they are running, Hausas have there own, likewise others, so what are you saying.

The truth is that yorubas have lost it, in education they are following us for back, in economy they have also lost the grip.

Now tell us, can you name any place out side Yoruba land you can say that Yoruba are well represen
ted or running things.

If you go to east, south south and even your west, you will see Hausa, Fulani running things, they even have Street or areas they control or see them in large numbers doing business, that's outside their own region, not to talk of Igbos, Igbos, hausas and co, have finished sharing your so called economy, while they still have theirs 100% undiluted. Keep sleeping
if this is how every Igbo(s) think, then am afraid for the future of Igbo nation.

who are the ones controlling Lagos economy? is it your father? the formal sector controls the Lagos economy, mostly Yoruba owned business, Foreign direct investments, Dangote group e.t.c
petty trading and prostitution that Igbos dominate plays little or no role in Lagos economy.

the industries in Lagos Ogun and Oyo are majorly Yoruba owned and FDI, Lagos and Ogun alone recieves 87% of foreign investments in Nigeria, igboland receives less than 0.5%. (did you think it was your arochukwu forefathers that owned those industries?)

in entertainment;
music, this is not even a debate, no one comes close.
Nollywood, the highest selling movies are produced by Yorubas, with majority of the cast being yorubas., if you doubt check it out it..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

in Education, the best Universities are in Yorubaland, 6 of the top ten best universities in Nigeria are in Yorubaland.

https://www.webometrics.info/en/africa/nigeria

the pioneer professors in almost all academic fields are yorubas
https://www.nairaland.com/4092064/list-first-nigerian-professors-various

do you guys even have any standard University in igboland apart from that filthy UNN?.. LMAO.

can you see how am backing my points with facts?

talking about how Yoruba people fair outside Yorubaland, LMAO.

go to UK, the second biggest airport in United kingdom is owned by a Yoruba man, born in Shagamu, Edinburgh Airport is owned by a Yoruba man.

Google the name, Adebayo Ogunlesi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adebayo_Ogunlesi

in Peckam, London, Yoruba culture is well represented there.

Anthony Joshua. (one of the hottest man in sport right now)
Eniola Aluko (legendary female footballer)

Skepta

John Boyega

to list few,check the list of notable Nigerians in Uk 70% if not more are Yorubas
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Nigerian

that one is UK alone oo, not to talk of United state

NBA, great stars like

giannis Adetokunbo
Hakeem Olajunwon
Benson mayowa
Bam Adebayo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_Americans

we Yorubas travel to places higher than us, not some backward igboland where the indigenes runs away from.. why should we travel to those backward places when our region is miles better?

you need some sense man, I may not be able to reply your next crap, till tomorrow, battery is down.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Barbilius: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
Benevento:

if this is how every Igbo(s) think, then am afraid for the future of Igbo nation.

who are the ones controlling Lagos economy? is it your father? the formal sector controls the Lagos economy, mostly Yoruba owned business, Foreign direct investments, Dangote group e.t.c
petty trading and prostitution that Igbos dominate plays little or no role in Lagos economy.

the industries in Lagos Ogun and Oyo are majorly Yoruba owned and FDI, Lagos and Ogun alone recieves 87% of foreign investments in Nigeria, igboland receives less than 0.5%. (did you think it was your arochukwu forefathers that owned those industries?)

in entertainment;
music, this is not even a debate, no one comes close.
Nollywood, the highest selling movies are produced by Yorubas, with majority of the cast being yorubas., if you doubt check it out it..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

in Education, the best Universities are in Yorubaland, 6 of the top ten best universities in Nigeria are in Yorubaland.

https://www.webometrics.info/en/africa/nigeria

the pioneer professors in almost all academic fields are yorubas
https://www.nairaland.com/4092064/list-first-nigerian-professors-various

do you guys even have any standard University in igboland apart from that filthy UNN?.. LMAO.

can you see how am backing my points with facts?

talking about how Yoruba people fair outside Yorubaland, LMAO.

go to UK, the second biggest airport in United kingdom is owned by a Yoruba man, born in Shagamu, Edinburgh Airport is owned by a Yoruba man.

Google the name, Adebayo Ogunlesi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adebayo_Ogunlesi

in Peckam, London, Yoruba culture is well represented there.

Anthony Joshua. (one of the hottest man in sport right now)
Eniola Aluko (legendary female footballer)

Skepta

John Boyega

to list few,check the list of notable Nigerians in Uk 70% if not more are Yorubas
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Nigerian

that one is UK alone oo, not to talk of United state

NBA, great stars like

giannis Adetokunbo
Hakeem Olajunwon
Benson mayowa
Bam Adebayo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_Americans

we Yorubas travel to places higher than us, not some backward igboland where the indigenes runs away from.. why should we travel to those backward places when our region is miles better?

you need some sense man, I may not be able to reply your next crap, till tomorrow, battery is down.
TKO..

Don't mind all these vagrants. No wonder they can't even attend their own schools, far be it from us to atte d their glorified secondary schools,below is a Yoruba guy that deigned enough to attend their best university, Lmao. They actually over estimate themselves. This post below by a Yoruba guy always resonates to me
For me, this thread has reinforced my belief that Yorubas don't need Igbos for ANYTHING! And I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! We don't depend on them for food, clothing (we have our own tailors and we actually rock more traditional/ankara/Aso-Oke fabric with pride), footwears (we get our own shoemakers brekete), entertainment (no contest), industry (no contest), just name it. THEY are the ones that mooch off of our region, invading our space for sustenance. Omo, Naija can't disintegrate fast enough abeg. Those parasites gastu go!! angry

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe/152#58678099
See also the experience of a Yoruba guy who even deigned to attend their shithole school, Lmao. No wonder they would do anything to attend our schools. Bunch of vagabonds.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 11:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Those countries you mentioned bounced back just because they have their destiny in there own hands after the wars and we the igbos did not, we were never allowed, but the Yoruba and Hausa that never experienced war, should have be in the fore front of industrial development, educational development, and infrastructure development, but they are still Rubin shoulders with Igbos that was reduced to nothing from 1967 till now?

The Onitsha you are seeing today was levelled to ground zero, during the war, likewise Owerri and Enugu, but go there today you will never believe what they have become after the war. Only if we won the war, I don't think you guys will ever see our back in terms of industrial development etc.
Onitsha was never reduced to ground zero... Thats a lie, #facts nor enugu #fact 2,awka got the most of the hit, there are after war pictures in the archives, irrefutable.

The Yoruba that 100 years war in 1800s with guns, did that ever happened in igboland?

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 6:06am On Sep 15, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Total shame!!!

Shut up,.Everybody knows that they have nothing to blow except raffia huts.Igboland has always been backward.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2020
masseratti:
Do you see the way you just rewrite history just to suit your fable?

Why will you say "Zik's NYM"? Why not Awo's NYM? Or you not aware Awolowo was also a NYM member? For your information Zik was never the founder not one of the founders nor was he ever the leader of NYM that defeated the NNDP at any point in time in history #facts.
Whats the meaning of NYM receiving national status when Zik joined the party, NYM already had their best days before he came into the party, stop turning history upside-down.

Why would I inject Awo onto a discussion which is centered on Azikiwe and Macaulay? This is one of the problems which had inflicted most Africans. They tend to indulge in hero worship. Please enjoy your Awo,
Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2020
masseratti:
it is you that is not understanding English grammar very well, let me prove to you that am ok.
No try and read slowly so that you can comprehend, maybe that will help you.

The event you quoting calling "cross carpeting" happened in 1951,adelabu was not the leader of NCNC both nationally and regionally, in fact he was not a member of NCNC how could he have been the leader then when he was not a member, he was in Ibadan people's party, IPP.
He was the only IPP legislator that did form alliance with the Action Group, he formed his Alliance with NCNC, out of six of them.
In 1954 he joined NCNC officially, contested for a seat at the national level house of representatives, he won, he resigned his seat in 1956 to contest in the western region assembly he won his seat his party lost, he became the leader of opposition in the western assembly.
The man died in 1958.

You are the one that quoted 1951 in your earlier post, there is no way you can modify it, internet never forget, its there, go and read what you posted, and i point it out to you that the elections you were referring to was not national, it was a regional election in 1951,I also pointed out to you when he became NCNC opposition leader which was not in 1951 as you earlier claimed.

This is one of the reasons I hate anything about Nigeria. Folks from certain section of country tend to live in falsehood. Adegoke Adelabu was IPP as do other members. However, the mushroom parties without national status or coverage were not meant or allowed to contest regional or national elections. To do so, they must run under the umbrella or manifesto of a party with national status. There was no alliance between any member of IPP and Action Group or NCNC. And your attempt to insinuate that an individual from a political party can form or formed "alliance " with another party is very idiotic. The five from Ibadan were not the only persons to cross carpet. They did not cross carpet to retain the identity of their original party because it was irrelevant in the substance of polity before the election.
Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 8:03am On Sep 15, 2020
Obamaofusa:

You can call it anything you like but Zik started it by turning Yoruba man founded party,NCNC to an Igbo dominated party.That is sheer tribalism and a gun powder ready to explode if NCNC had won the premiership of the Western region.
Nigerian elites did everything to be independent
of the whites and it would have been foolhardy of the Yorubas at that time who were more educated, more advanced and exposed and also believed that they can do better than the whites( they did not want to be under the whites) to allow other people or person who did not have a history of greatness,good governance or any palatable traits from their history to rule them.It would have been a disaster for the Yorubas if God in His magnanimity had not exposed Zik for who he really was....a staunch and unrepenting tribalist...
Thank God for Awo because Yorubaland would have been backward like Igboland.
Zik and his gang eventually showed their fangs of nepotism, tribalism and longthroat when they killed the leaders of the Yorubas,Hausas and Midwest and left theirs unscathed.A leopard can never change its spots.Goldfish have no hiding place.

Please shut up your putrid mouth. Yoruba man did not form any party and certainly not NCNC. In fact, Harbert Macaulay was invited to join the in the process of formative period of NONC out of the magnanimity of Azikiwe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Obasanjo Replies IBB - You are A Fool At 70 / FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime / 9th NASS: Controversy Trails Proclamation For Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.