Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay (10980 Views)

POL 501 The Tinubu Masterclass (sparsky Vs Fisher 1972) / Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
lionshare:

How can one be influencing policies as a opposition figure? It will be illogical for the government to implement policies that will be favorable to someone who was rooting for a return to democracy in a military dispensation. Pls go through the attachment again.

You just want to argue for arguing sake. Awolowo was the head of the economic team during the early part of Gowon's regime. Do you think that the moment the Indignization decree was passed into law was also when the idea was brought forward? Don't you know that it must have passed through bureaucratic bottlenecks?

Indignization decree was Awo's idea to steal foriegn investments and hand it over to his people.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Always delusional like Ojuku.Biafra has the best army in Africa. grin

Can't you see you're the one yapping gibberish like a lunatic? What has the nonsense you wrote above got to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
anigbajumo:

Awolowo committed a suicide
Ladoke Akintola same thing...

I don't know the kind of myopic thinking and the level bitterness runs in ur blood, who tells you all these nonsense?? You can never see a hausa man saying all this rubbish that's why no reasonable tribe can team up with u people, u guys is just full of hatred.... See the way u quoted the guy with confidence as if they committed suicide in your ancestral land or in your sitting room... You guys seriously need to change the way of ur life.

Well, it may not be a pallatable news to you, but the guy you quoted is actually right.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
lolzzzz. Suicide is the most important thing to them, i guess if i shit now av committed suicide...most igbos are nkt like this please dont let us get it wrong, its just some bitter ones that wont get over things and move on.

Stop reveling in ignorance.
Check the facts above, these were facts released by your brothers grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Stop reveling in ignorance.
Check the facts above, these were facts released by your brothers grin grin
i don't dwell on speculations, i was not there when Awolowo or Akintola died, nor do i have their autopsy results to know the cause of their deaths, if you have it kindly provide it.
What your post is about is what we can all verify with facts, we have given you facts to your erroneous misleading post counter it with facts not speculations or rumors that is not verifiable.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
candidtalk:

[s]
You guys have time sha. Igbos are singularly the most shamelessly dishonest ethnic group, out of over 300, in Nigeria.

Lying childishly and shamelessly, plus revising history fraudulently, is second nature to Igbos. Buhari has been replaced by Jubrin. Trump is ready to declare Biafra, UN about to decree the existence of Biafra, Igbos own 99% of Lagos, Accra and Joburg etal.

Their lies are so shamelessly senseless that one can only feel pity for those who take seriously whatever an Igbo writes or asserts. This mumbo jumbo thread is simply another false narrative, out of literally millions, the Igbos create in cyberspace daily to blame Yorubas for everything and assassinate our character before the world. Nothing new really.[/s]

You're the one who is being dishonest here yet you still turn around to accuse others.

No matter how much you guys try to deny it, the facts will always prove you wrong. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
They deliberately and hurriedly took such decisive decision at a time they knew Igbos were down and out. Thereby taking over the economy on a platter of gold. However, since they didn't work for it, they ended up not being able to manage them and they eventually went moribond.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Fleshly: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hmm proeast nah man you be!! Only you engaged these bitter demonic Afonja souls and bet them down. Bro, you've made us proud. Please don't stop making the afonjas to tremble in their covens - they think that they can still manipulate the media in their favour, as the they used to do before, unfortunately they are realizing that times are different.

We will continue to make them sorry for being wicked.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Well, it may not be a pallatable news to you, but the guy you quoted is actually right.
if this is the purpose of your post, sorry is your case... Face the contents of your post, its not an establish facts from any medical personnel that Awo or Akintola committed suicide.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
i don't dwell on speculations, i was not there when Awolowo or Akintola died, nor do i have their autopsy results to know the cause of their deaths, if you have it kindly provide it.
What your post is about is what we can all verify with facts, we have given you facts to your erroneous misleading post counter it with facts not speculations or rumors that is not verifiable.

Hahaha, very typical. They will ask for facts, but when you provide it, they turn around and call it speculation.

Someone, I mean a Yoruba elder who was there when it happened narrated the events and even mentioned names of the culprits who were alive then! Did they challenge him or deny it? No!

But this one is here asking for the autopsy to be brought to him before he will accept the truth. SMH!!

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
Fleshly:
Hmm proeast nah man you be!! Only you engaged these bitter demonic Afonja souls and bet them down. Bro, you've made us proud. Please don't stop making the afonjas to tremble in their covens - they think that they can still manipulate the media in their favour, as the they used to do before, unfortunately they are realizing that times are different.

We will continue to make them sorry for being wicked.
you are welcome to the party, why wont you jubilate on your lying brother, we given him facts to answer he cant he wont he dare not, facts from his own post.

He said awo indegenization decree in 1972,meanwhile the man resigned as finance minister January 1971,he should stop lying.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Hahaha, very typical. They will ask for facts, but when you provide it, they turn around and call it speculation.

Someone, I mean a Yoruba elder who was there when it happened narrated the events and even mentioned names of the culprits who were alive then! Did they challenge him or deny it? No!

But this one is here asking for the autopsy to be brought to him before he will accept the truth. SMH!!
the man you quoting has been debunked so many times,, he is irrelevant, leave that topic, ok let me help you lets agree they commit suicide, happy now? You win.

Lets face your topic that you formulated lies about the purpose of this thread.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Osaze007: 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Yes, I have seen similar records of indices on human capital development prior to the civil war, and the East was tops.

If the economy was handed to the Igbos, instead of them, Nigeria wouldn't have been in this mess it has found itself.

Most progressive countries only use their best brains regardless of who or where the person came from. This is a policy America applied that helped them to become great. However, when it comes to Nigeria, a person's place of birth takes preeminence over competence.

Is it not mind boggling that despite all the unfair advantages and headstarts they have over Igbos including the devastating war that brought Igbos to their knees, the same Igbos have able to squeeze out wealth from the proverbial stone. In about 5 decades, we were able to overcome the handicap and odds they used and still using to hold us down.

Igbos have succeeded in clawing themselves back to the top of the food by sheer dint of hardwork and perseverance and are now running neck to neck with them and even ahead in some areas.

In trying to keep Igbos down, Nigeria shot itself at the foot. A classic example of cutting one's nose to spite his face cry cry

If you claim “igbos have bought it back”

Then why the long wailing

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by anigbajumo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Only s daft people will beliv such malicious story, it's for mentally unbalance people with no mental strength like you.... Lateef jakanded now added Makin 4 prominent Yoruba people that committed a suicide.... It will not be well with people that manipulated ur brain like this...

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Osaze007:

If you claim “igbos have bought it back”

Then why the long wailing

Don't get it twisted.
The aim of the thread is to inform Nigerians, especially the younger generation about why and how Nigeria was reduced to its present sorry state.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
anigbajumo:

[s]Only s daft people will beliv such malicious story, it's for mentally unbalance people with no mental strength like you.... Lateef jakanded now added Makin 4 prominent Yoruba people that committed a suicide.... It will not be well with people that manipulated ur brain like this... [/s]

I checked the rubbish you wrote but couldn't find any sense in it.

Next reasonable person please!

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
the man you quoting has been debunked so many times,, he is irrelevant, leave that topic, ok let me help you lets agree they commit suicide, happy now? You win.

Lets face your topic that you formulated lies about the purpose of this thread.

Utter denial in the face of hard facts!
Changing of goal posts!

Well, whether you accept or not, truth and facts are stubborn and will always come back to haunt you.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Can't you see you're the one yapping gibberish like a lunatic? What has the nonsense you wrote above got to do with anything?

Most of you are deluded just like Ojuku.
You all argue with delusional glee.phew!!

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Changing of goal posts!

Well, whether you accept or not, truth and facts are stubborn and will always come back to haunt you.
please can you restate the facts you talking about? Is it the indegenization decree? Or the rumors about how some people died?

Which fact are you talking about please?

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Don't get it twisted.
The aim of the thread is to inform Nigerians, especially the younger generation about why and how Nigeria was reduced to its present sorry state.
with your lies, liar.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
anigbajumo:

Only s daft people will beliv such malicious story, it's for mentally unbalance people with no mental strength like you.... Lateef jakanded now added Makin 4 prominent Yoruba people that committed a suicide.... It will not be well with people that manipulated ur brain like this...
grin
Like little bloodlets keep dropping on their brains.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Osaze007: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Don't get it twisted.

If you claim you have bought it back and it’s still in a sorry state then does that not mean you lack the required skills

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Osaze007: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
anigbajumo:

Igbos have been raised on lies

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

oga wait let me help you, i agree totally they all commited suicide, happy now.

Now back to the topic of the thread you wrote and all the lies you posted.

How can a finance minister that resigned in 1971 promulgated a decree in 1972 please proof it.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Osaze007: 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
oga wait let me help you, i agree totally they all commited suicide, happy now.

Now back to the topic of the thread you wrote and all the lies you posted.

How can a finance minister that resigned in 1971 promulgated a decree in 1972 please proof it.

Stop arguing with people that think Buhari is jubril from Sudan

6 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Osaze007:

Stop arguing with people that think Buhari is jubril from Sudan
lolzz, its so funny.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Osaze007: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
lolzz, its so funny.

Since then I just laugh at their tales by the moonlight

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Changing of goal posts!

Kikikikiki grin
So your wailings that Yorubas bought Wema bank from the whites while everybody knows that Wema bank was and it is still a child of the Odua group are the truth and facts,abi?

Wait,where is ESIALA?.The people of Igboland's equivalent of Odua group?

Where is the champion newspaper, where is the authority newspaper,where is ACB bank etc?

You all have ruined them.Igbos cannot maintain a business for up to 30,40 years because they are not business savvy like the industrious Yorubas who have businesses that are over 70 years.

You Igbos should be proud of the Yorubas for having some of the best business people in the world.People that their equivalent cannot be found in the Igbo tribe (at least for now).
People like Bode Akindele,Bayo Ogunlesi,Deinde Fernandez,Kase Lookman Lawal etc.Instead of being grateful to God for being so gracious,you Igbos rant and wail allowing envy,jealousy, backbiting etc to swallow you.Repent for the time is nigh!!!

8 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
stop turning history upside-down, trying to re write your own online, internet never forget,

No1 NCNC was founded by a Yoruba man Herbert Macaulay, its not Zik party.
NCNC is as much a yoruba party than any other region party in the South, the Oba of lagos was a staunch supporter as well as many others, after Herbert Died Zik who was the second in command took over.

No2 Awo and Herbert Macaulay had no love lost relationship with themselves till he died, Awo had nothing personal with Zik.. He founded his own party Macaulay NCNC and Awo's AG already had political issues before Zik came to the scene.

No 3 no one cross carpeted from NCNC to AG.
None of the two popular party could could form a government with the number of seats they won, only a "coalition" could form a government, it was a parliament and to form a government there is a number of seats a party must win in parliament, Awo'AG and Zik's NCNC didn't win the required seat, AG formed "coalition" with a small party and got the required seat to form government, please how is that a betrayal? ZIK did the same thing on the national level when he formed coalition government with the hausa/Fulani party, did anyone cried betrayal?

No4, no one stopped zik from becoming premiere in the most richest region in the country, he lost out in politics, you forgot Zik betrayed his constituents in Yaba lagos who are mostly Yorubas who voted for him, he abandoned the mandate they gave him, went to the east, made igbo in parliament to make Eyo Ettah to give up his seat, a member from onitsha had to give up his seat too for Zik to be a member of Eastern parliament and subsequently be elected the premier, all the history are at the national archive.

You cant rewrite history, stop lying we wont stop exposing you, no one is perfect, no tribe is perfect but stop lying, its not good for your health.
Thanks for schooling them jor.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

I hate blind argument. I know you guys are just arguing blindly because the truth is too bitter to accept, especially to people who lacks the maturity that comes with honesty.

Pls go through the excerpt I attached below, it is a New York Times publication that was released in the 1970's.

From the above excerpt, one can easily deduce that Citibank was one of the biggest banks operating in Nigeria and the American owners refused to accept the dictates of the Indignization decree and they left Nigeria. Some too like them left while others complied.

The truth shall set you free, kindly accept it and stop arguing blindly.
You mean the same new York time you people called a lair when they exposed you people?

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
DerideGull:

I really do not understand why certain cretins in Nigeria love to make fool of themselves publicly. Herbert Macaulay was invited by Azikiwe to join the factional NYM and trade unions which were in the process to form NCNC. The party NCNC was not formed by Nigerians alone hence National Council of Nigeria and Cameroons. Macaulay's NNDP had been rendered useless by NYM in the Lagos Legislative Council election and party ceased to exist as a political party.

Your # 3 is arrant nonsense!! The only two parties with national posture to stand election were AG and NCNC. The mushroom parties were only allowed to contest election under the umbrella and manifesto of a party with national coverage. Zik was the national president of NCNC but leader of NCNC in western region was Gbadamosi Adegoke Adelabu. If you are in doubt of what transpired in western region during the wee hours of 1951, I urge you to read the biography of Gbadamosi Adegoke Adelabu not craps and propaganda vomited by partisan Yoruba people.
It is one thing to be stupid and it is another thing to be proud of the stupidity.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

NAF Appoints, Redeploys 32 Senior Officers / Kogi: Olisa Agbakoba Tackles EFCC Over Bailout, Bello's Nephew (Video) / N22.7trn Ways And Means: Crisis Brews In Reps Over $15m Executive Largesse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.