Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay (11003 Views)

POL 501 The Tinubu Masterclass (sparsky Vs Fisher 1972) / Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by helinues: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

This thread is for those who already know their history. We are not in a kindergarten here abeg

Sir Metusela, the kindergartens are willing to learn now.

Who told Gowon To reject the Aburi accord? Is it Awolowo ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:

It's simply, show us where awo signed the decree, the op accused awo and we ask for proof, is that too much?

Show me first where Awo signed the decree for blockade of Biafra during the war. Then we can talk.

10 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
Igbochief001:

Lol awo was more than a finance minister .....gowon relied on him completely for advice ....

Anyhow Sha today how far ? ...Igbo man is the chairman of uac ....most of the rest done fold ...houses sold to igbos. ...next 50 years go funny Sha

The funny thing is that most of those companies they cunningly took over are now either rundown or now has a good percentage of Igbos in its board.

14 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by bilionaire: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
All ibos got their properties back on Yoruba land that I know.

On jobs some were absorbed back too but can you have a business and you wait for someone that voluntarily leave to fight a war to comeback?

I will have to research more on this 1972 decree but please do your research well, most of what you saying are not right.

Portacourt didn't give anything back till today to the ibos we all know so stop spreading false narrative.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by solmusdesigns: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
proeast:

Lol, you guys are so ridiculous. Look at the rubbish you wrote above?!

I have been waiting for you all to counter these facts with superior arguments yet all you spew are emotional drivels and slander.

People who lack facts always resort to insults and vacous attempts at blackmail.

I believe that same Nigerians you are goading have educated and intelligent ones that can tell the truth when presented with facts.

help you and fellow Nairaland who wish to learn. http://carllevan.com/data/nigerias-military-decrees/ that's the link of Nigerian decree and who signed them.. point out just a single decree Chief Obafemi Awolowo Signed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by helinues: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Show me first where Awo signed the decree for blockade of Biafra during the war. Then we can talk.

And who are/were those claiming Awo signed the decree blockade when he wasn't the military leader?

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by laiperi: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
What is wrong with these type of Nigerians giving other Nigerians bad names, even your own hard working conscious people? Is there any country that got Independence that never instituted Indigenization?

If you want to find out the beginning of decay, you can still see it today. Anything Foreign.

It started with foreign used clothes, shoes, food and even importation of Garbage in the name of liberation of the market. When Nigeria realized its folly and slammed brake on imports, guess who cried that they were targeted?

Now Buhari who sent people to jail when he came to power is also "enjoying" Liberalized Market.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by tamdun: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

I never said awolowo signed any blockade, so I have nothing to show you and like I said earlier, this is the point where u run away or derail the thread

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
helinues:

Sir Metusela, the kindergartens are willing to learn now.

Who told Gowon To reject the Aburi accord? Is it Awolowo ?

grin

No one will answer you that kiddo. Pick up your book and read up.

Meanwhile, we are discussing how Yoruba people in their well documented devilish mindset, stole their way into prosperity not minding the consequences on the economic future of this nation. Stick to the narrative.

10 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by tamdun: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
bilionaire:
All ibos got their properties back on Yoruba land that I know.

On jobs some were absorbed back too but can you have a business and you wait for someone that voluntarily leave to fight a war to comeback?

I will have to research more on this 1972 decree but please do your research well, most of what you saying are not right.

Portacourt didn't give anything back till today to the ibos we all know so stop spreading false narrative.
Those people are nuisance, u abandoned ur job and u expect the company to close down and wait for your return, who does that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
helinues:

And who are/were those claiming Awo signed the decree blockade when he wasn't the military leader?

And who are those jubilating and showing pictures of kwashikor children all over the internet claiming that Awolowo starved their fathers to death.

12 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
solmusdesigns:

help you and fellow Nairaland who wish to learn. http://carllevan.com/data/nigerias-military-decrees/ that's the link of Nigerian decree and who signed them.. point out just a single decree Chief Obafemi Awolowo Signed

grin

You are smart by half oga.

Bank recapitalisation in Nigeria happened under Obasanjo regime, but if you are asked who brought about the idea what will be your answer?

Do you think you are talking to kids.

12 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
helinues:

Who told him, Awolowo?

The point there is to let you know that Gowon was a figure head who did not have a mind of his own.

He was just a young man who was overwhelmed by the events happening in quick succession. He willingly did things he was influenced to do by others.

13 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Rugaria: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
proeast:

Be patient, you will get the full memo.

Nigerians really need to understand how we ended in such unenviable palous state.

It's a really sad story but we need to hear it and hopefully make amends.

Thanks a bunch for taking out time to educate a lot of the indomie generation about this... This is why I I get upset when some clever people try to lump everybody together as being responsible for nigerias messy situation. No. A particular group of people are. Since 1966, the Yorubas and their comrades the Hausa fulani have been responsible for driving the course of governance in this country.., only recruiting willing political mercenary from other groups while doing away with anyone with contrary views.. They ran everything down including the NNPC! That's right, NNPC, Nigerias oil Monopoly declared bankrupt at a stage.. Very vain group of people who are ready to loot everything in sight just to buy houses in London and bloclk streets for endless strings owambe show..

12 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:

I never said awolowo signed any blockade, so I have nothing to show you and like I said earlier, this is the point where u run away or derail the thread

Was the blockade against Biafra his brain child or nor?

9 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by helinues: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
proeast:

The point there is to let you know that Gowon was a figure head who did not have a mind of his own.

He was just a young man who was overwhelmed by the events happening in quick succession. He willingly did things he was influenced to do by others.

Gowon was a figure head but he declared the war on Eastern region.. Abi na Awolowo declared the war?

You people should try and reason your argument before presenting it..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by tamdun: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Was the blockade against Biafra his brain child or nor?
I already said it, this is the time u run away or derail.... Adios

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by helinues: 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

And who are those jubilating and showing pictures of kwashikor children all over the internet claiming that Awolowo starved their fathers to death.

People jubilate across the country for the total end of the war...

Regarding those who jubilated/jubilating about the kwashiorkor children, I can't speak on their behalf...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:

Those people are nuisance, u abandoned ur job and u expect the company to close down and wait for your return, who does that

The real nuisance are those whom have been left to enjoy their job in peace, but instead went all the way for 30 months to call their rivals back into the same nation. Then turn around to say "no job". Whaaaaaatttttt!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
Rugaria:

Thanks a bunch for taking out time to educate a lot of the indomie generation about this... This is why I I get upset when some clever people try to lump everybody together as being responsible for nigerias messy situation. No. A particular group of people are. Since 1966, the Yorubas and their comrades the Hausa fulani have been responsible for driving the course of governance in this country.., only recruiting willing political mercenary from other groups while doing away with anyone with contrary views.. They ran everything down including the NNPC! That's right, NNPC, Nigerias oil Monopoly declared bankrupt at a stage.. Very vain group of people who are ready to loot everything in sight just to buy houses in London and bloclk streets for endless strings owambe show..

It was the worst heist to be pulled off in history. Unfortunately, it is the present 200 million frustrated Nigerians that are currently paying the price.

Ask them why Nigerians excel when they go abroad only to fail woefully at home.

Ask them why everything, I mean every single area of our economy was rundown ruthlessly and nothing, absolutely nothing is working!

Ask them why we have ended up as the world's poverty capital despite the enormous resources at our disposal!

Simple, all these chaos were a direct result of the criminal Indignization decree of 1972. That was the point the foundation of Nigeria's economy was destroyed and everything nosedived!!

13 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by solmusdesigns: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

You are smart by half oga.

Bank recapitalisation in Nigeria happened under Obasanjo regime, but if you are asked who brought about the idea what will be your answer?

Do you think you are talking to kids.

CBN is an indipendent body that make policy independently

Ministry of Finance headed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo has no law making, decree making power or mandate

If you have any law signed to law by Awolowo kindly show the world

9 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:

I already said it, this is the time u run away or derail.... Adios

grin grin

You are already running away because you were caught pants down. You want to throw up baseless logic just to confuse your mates not me.

If the head of government is the initiator of all the government policies in his regime,then there is no need for ministers and other appointments.

Awolowo as the finance minister initiated the indiginisation decree. And just like how government works, the head is the one his signature will appear.

12 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by helinues: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

No one will answer you that kiddo. Pick up your book and read up.

Meanwhile, we are discussing how Yoruba people in their well documented devilish [b]mindset, stole their way into prosperity [/b]not minding the consequences on the economic future of this nation. Stick to the narrative.

Laughing in Mandarin...

Ordinary spoon Port Harcourt people are yet to return back to the Igbo's after the war, but na Yoruba's who returned reasonable amounts are the threats....

You guys long way to go is far more than Kuvukiland

6 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2020
solmusdesigns:

CBN is an indipendent body that make policy independently

Ministry of Finance headed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo has no law making, decree making power

If you have any law signed to law by Awolowo kindly show the world

Oga did Obasanjo append his signature to that policy or not. Or you mean to tell me that Emefiele can stand up today and decide to sell CBN and Buhari will be powerless to do anything?

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by tamdun: 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin grin

You are already running away because you were caught pants down. You want to throw up baseless logic just to confuse your mates not me.

If the head of government is the initiator of all the government policies in his regime,then there is no need for ministers and other appointments.

Awolowo as the finance minister initiated the indiginisation decree. And just like how government works, the head is the one his signature will appear.
U couldn't answer my question remember? I asked u first but u replied me with question instead

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by solmusdesigns: 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Oga did Obasanjo append his signature to that policy or not. Or you mean to tell me that Emefiele can stand up today and decide to sell CBN and Buhari will be powerless to do anything?

Lol

Education is important sha

Something this our boy boy traders lack

Policy is not same thing as a Decree or a Law

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Nna m. Fire on.

These guys stamped their wasteful culture on the economy of this nation and it is yet to recover. Stolen things are difficult to manage because you did not sweat for it.

The bold part is normal karmic law.

Anybody with an average IQ will know that the evil Indignization decree was fishy.

Look at these facts:

Britain helped Nigeria to fight a crucial war.

Nigeria at that point was not in any position to successfully take over and run those companies efficiently.

The war just ended two years earlier and there were several issues that needed to be tackled then.

Yet, despite all these, they hurriedly pushed for a devious Indigenous Decree within a very short time.

8 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Rugaria: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2020
As at the 90s, managers of such sate corporations as NITEL, NEPA and all the banks in the east and most floor workers were all Yorubas.. The northerners were lacking behind in terms of producing graduates while the east were effectively blokced from participating in running the economy of their Land. Things only changed when babangida moved the capital to Abuja after orkars coup. Most Yoruba workers preferred to stay back in Lagos providing the northerners an enviable opportunity to flood officialdom with their kind. Their war with Abacha helped to accelerate this process. Obasanjo came in and tried to reverse that with spurious privitasation and consolidation policies that favoured them again. Thats how African petroleum, NICON insurance and co transmuted into Yoruba companies.... Inshort both the Yorubas and fulanis are not in anyway interested in biulding any country.. They are simply in a rush to loot as much as possible before their iniqiuteous activities break up Nigeria..

11 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by gwafaeziokwu: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
helinues:

Laughing in Mandarin...

Ordinary spoon Port Harcourt people are yet to return back to the Igbo's after the war, but na Yoruba's who returned reasonable amounts are the threats....

You guys long way to go is far more than Kuvukiland

We have bought times 100 of our properties that was stolen by all and sundry. Nice try.

We are here to tell you the truth which is,

You stole away the future of this country through your indiginisation decree. By so doing you guys laid a foundation of owanbe and reaping where you did not sow instead of hard work in our economic space.

The real economic saboteurs are the Owambe people.

10 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by helinues: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

We have bought times 100 of our properties that was stolen by all and sundry. Nice try.

We are here to tell you the truth which is,

You stole away the future of this country through your indiginisation decree. By so doing you guys laid a foundation of owanbe and reaping where you did not sow instead of hard work in our economic space.

The real economic saboteurs are the Owambe people.

@ bolded, even if you give a mad man an hoe, he must make ridges for himself first, abi wetin Azikwe dey find wey he wants be Premier of Western Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Rugaria: 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2020
proeast:

The bold part is normal karmic law.

Anybody with an average IQ will know that the evil Indignization decree was fishy.

Look at these facts:

Britain helped Nigeria to fight a crucial war.

Nigeria at that point was not in any position to successfully take over and run those companies efficiently.

The war just ended two years earlier and there were several issues that needed to be tackled then.

Yet, despite all these, they hurriedly pushed for a devious Indigenous Decree within a very short time.

The oil majors then , especially shell provided the funds for that war totally. You must have read some of them here gloating that awolowo prosecuted the war in biafra without borrowing a dime as if he was an oracle. The fact is that Shell and co financed the war after a confused Borro helped adekunle to take over Bonny oil facilities. Even the embargo against biafra was done with British facilities. Tht was how they were able to be shooting down red Cross planes. Up till today Nigeria is till paying Britain/foreign oil companies for sponsoring that war. Noticed buhari heading to London after every election nomination? . Tht is how Nigeria became the only major oil exporting country that depends almost entirely on foreign majors for oil exploration.

Even as we speak, there are no meters in major offshore oil facilities. The oil majors suck as much as they want , then will inform Nigeria how much they exported! This has been the case since eons! Even the justice Irekefe panel that probed buhari/Obasanjo in the early 80 about the missing NNPC billions and gave them a soft landing, lamented about this. Yet, nothing was done because to an average politician from the north and west of Nigeria, there is a well grounded understanding that without those oil majors, they would have never had the resources to finance that war.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
helinues:

Gowon was a figure head but he declared the war on Eastern region.. Abi na Awolowo declared the war?

You people should try and reason your argument before presenting it..

Some of you talk like children sometimes.
Why is it so difficult for you understand something that is so clear?

The initial standoff leading to the war was between the East and North. Mind you that at same period Awolowo did not believe in Nigeria, he actually believed and wanted Oduduwa republic.

Now the question is, what made him to discard the idea of Oduduwa and accept Nigeria?

The North was already Igbophobic and through Ahmadu Bello we're wary of the more enterprising Igbos they feared would dominate them.

The idea was that policies that will ensure Igbos never rise again to be in the position to dominate them would be supported.

Now, with such general mindset, do you think the North will object to Awolowo's idea of Indignization policy? Considering it would achieve two things i.e. perpetually keeping Igbos down and out while giving Awolowo and his people their own share of the spoils of war, since the North has achieved their aim and taken their own share?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Amaechi Says Rivers Governorship To Rotate Among Ethnic Group / Datti-Ahmed: Fitch Statistics On Nigeria’s Economic Growth Misleading / Otedola/Lawan $620K Bribery Scandal Probe Hits Dead End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.