Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining (18157 Views)

Bithday Greetings: Tinubu To Appologise To Newspappers For Revenue Loss / Anambra Joins Oil Producing States, To Benefit From 13% Derivation / 13 Per Cent Derivation For Oil States To Be Reviewed To 25% Soon- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Rugaria: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Brains over muscle any day.

Power comes from the barrel of the gun...
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by EMMY76: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2020
fulanimafia:
Very very good news.

All must be done to encourage economic diversification.

Zamfara with the lowest federal allocation is about to get a whole lot richer.

With just only 13% derivation policy?
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2020
omenka:
Hmmm. Akwa Ibom!! I just might relocate there. This is awesome news to them.

Add this to derivation from oil and that state could easily potentially topple Lagos off the income ladder.
Which mineral is in akwa ibom outside oil ,gas n silica ?
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by omenka(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2020
tunjijones:

And Lagos does not have potentials?
Of course it does, probably more than any other state when it comes to commerce and industry. But for natural endowments, minerals and oil, I think Akwaibom is very very competitive. If those are tapped into, they could give Lagos a good run for their money. cool

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by BLAISECAMPAORE: 10:59am On Sep 13, 2020
isthatso:
So as a governor, I give you my land to a multinational company to mine, they invest in machinery which doesn’t employ many highly paid people, so I get very little from income taxes, If they make huge profits, the corporate taxes go to federal and I get only 13%?

Your question isn't clear.

This simply means all states (not individuals) involved in mining a particular solid mineral (eg Gold), are entitled to 13% of federal government revenue proceeds from that commodity.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by chloride6: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2020
Northerners are playing with trouble...

You better award the rights in a competitive process for all, else MEND will come and shout resource control.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by flyingpig: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

The solid minerals states should go without any derivation fund for the same period the oil producing states endured theirs..., That way entitled entities in Nigeria will learn the need to be altruistic in the process of decision making. We need to take income from zamfaras gold to develop Calabar as that of the Delta is being used to develop Kaduna and Kano.
Lol wishful thinking. You and I know it won't work.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by BLAISECAMPAORE: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

Power comes from the barrel of the gun...

The brain pushes the trigger of the gun.

Power is nothing without control.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by favor914: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Clueless government they should be talking about resource control and not some stupid 13% derivation.

Clueless you that should be talking of common sense comprehension, & enlightenment? Learn to control 13% of your mind 1st, before you show your ignorance.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by johnnny12(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2020
Happy Sunday all

Today is my birthday I thank God for the gift of life..please house nothing at all in my hand even account dry..I needed a surprise birthday

2271202953 John
Ecobank

God bless you more
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by favor914: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

The solid minerals states should go without any derivation fund for the same period the oil producing states endured theirs..., That way entitled entities in Nigeria will learn the need to be altruistic in the process of decision making. We need to take income from zamfaras gold to develop Calabar as that of the Delta is being used to develop Kaduna and Kano.
Who told you that rubbish that oil money is what is been used to the develop the North? With all the trillions of Naira given to the Niger Delta States no sign of 21st century infrastructure, ordinary refinery they can’t build severely, or collectively?

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Rugaria: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Which mineral is in akwa ibom outside oil ,gas n silica ?

You don't know what he is trying to do? Obviously he knows that the law was to take care of the northerners and their solid minerals.. He just tucked in Akwa ibom there to rope in the south so as to dress up the whole thing with a national garb..

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Rugaria: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2020
favor914:
Who told you that rubbish that oil money is what is been used to the develop the North? With all the trillions of Naira given to the Niger Delta States no sign of 21st century infrastructure, ordinary refinery they can’t build severely, or collectively?
favor914:

Sorry, didn't know Kano and Kaduna were all developed with money from the sale of camels......

At a point in this country's history, you lot will explain how and why Kano state will be getting more money from oil sales than some oil producing states, not to talk of her 44 LGAs that bring in even more cash..

It's there money... Who are you to "give" them their money? Do they drag your receipts from cow sales and cocoa sales with you?

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by favor914: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

Sorry, it's money from the sale of camels......
At a point in this country's history, you lot will explain how and why Kano state will be getting more money from oil sales than some oil producing states, not to talk of her 44 LGAs that bring in even more cash..
I leave immediately “Zombie”. Go and ask the richest black man on earth who happens to be from Kano State, how many oil wells he has? If you don’t know, Nigeria is not a rich nation because of oil, Nigeria is a rich nation because of its human capital & having maritime access to both the Bight of Benin, & Bight Of Bonny, whatever we choose to export can be shipped out immediately, we are talking back into the transatlantic slave trade.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by MrGerald(m): 11:16am On Sep 13, 2020
They approved this very fast because it is in the north while the oil producing states waited for decades long to take it from 5% to 13%.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by daddytime(m): 11:16am On Sep 13, 2020
Whatever is good for the goose should be good for the gander too.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Rugaria: 11:19am On Sep 13, 2020
favor914:
I leave immediately “Zombie”. Go and ask the richest black man on earth who happens to be from Kano State, how many oil wells he has?
Your vintage billionaires are Products of import license and waivers or oil thieves... Go and ask Kano and Kaduna how much money the federal ministry of finance pay them every month from oil sales.... Then add that of the almost 100 local government areas in the two states.. meanwhile bayelsa state has only 8 local governments! The state that bears the brunt of oil production! Each local government in Nigeria takes in over 100 million every month! Oil money that is!

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by samdunzo: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2020
This isn’t restructuring.. implement full resource control with states getting 70% and remitting 30% back to the center
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2020
omenka:

Add this to derivation from oil and that state could easily potentially topple Lagos off the income ladder.
Akwa I am is d next commercial and industrial big state in Nigeria that will compete with Lagos soon. We have an international airport, an international stadium, an ongoing deep sea port able to service the several countries in the bight of guinea, several tarred federal road networks, a developing science park as a future technology hub, and several govt manufactories. The idea there is in 5-10yrs time wen most of these big projects are fully realized like the deep sea port, then many people will wish the own a spot of either residency or commercial value in uyo especially along oron rd. I have a land for sale along this strategic road in case u're interested. it's 1000sqm and 450sqm.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by favor914: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

Your vintage billionaires are Products of import license and waivers or oil thieves... Go and ask Kano and Kaduna how much money the federal ministry of finance pay them every month from oil sales.... Then add that of the almost 100 local government areas in the two states.. meanwhile bayelsa state has only 8 local governments! The state that bears the brunt of oil production! Each local government in Nigeria takes in over 100 million every month! Oil money that is!
You are infant mortality minded? I believe you are one of those youths from the Niger Delta that thinks oil money is what is moving Nigeria? Lagos State is richer than the so called oil producing Niger Delta States combined, yet they have not 1 drop of oil, and may I remind you that all the headquarters of all the oil majors from Shell, Total, Chevron, Eni, Mobil Exxon, Seplat, Who are exploiting you in the creeks, all have their headquarters either in Ikoyi, or Victoria Island Lagos State.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Rugaria: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2020
favor914:
You are infant mortality minded? I believe you are one of those youths from the Niger Delta that thinks oil money is what is moving Nigeria? Lagos State is richer than the so called oil producing Niger Delta States combined, yet they have not 1 drop of oil, and may I remind you that all the headquarters of all the oil majors from Shell, Total, Chevron, Eni, Mobil Exxon, Seplat, Who are exploiting you in the creeks, all have their headquarters either in Ikoyi, or Victoria Island Lagos State.

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by lexy2014: 11:32am On Sep 13, 2020
omenka:

What is d benefit of toppling Lagos off d income ladder? Is there an award for it?
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by sylve11: 11:40am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:
No endless protests to get the attention of the government on this one. The war to get 13% derivation for oil producing areas took almost half a century. Most solid minerals are in the north, obviously that makes such decision making pretty easy.

You dey reason well... cool

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by sylve11: 11:43am On Sep 13, 2020
favor914:

Keep quiet and learn. cool
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by sylve11: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

Sorry, didn't know Kano and Kaduna were all developed with money from the sale of camels......

It's there money... Who are you to "give" them their money? Do they drag your receipts from cow sales and cocoa sales with you?

The person you quoted is an under 17. Her brain is still developing. cool

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by ednut1(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2020
simpleseyi:
Good, same as done for Oil
most of the mining is illegal. So no revenue captured
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

You don't know what he is trying to do? Obviously he knows that the law was to take care of the northerners and their solid minerals.. He just tucked in Akwa ibom there to rope in the south so as to dress up the whole thing with a national garb..

Hehehehehe grin grin grin wink

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by AmazingELixir: 11:57am On Sep 13, 2020
favor914:
Clueless you that should be talking of common sense comprehension, & enlightenment? Learn to control 13% of your mind 1st, before you show your ignorance.

Got no energy for miffs
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by EdiskyHarry: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Niger delta oil is meant for the whole Nigeria while the mineral resources in the North is meant for the north alone.
Imagine Niger state saying federal allocation should be paid based on land mass, but they have not contributed anything to the country except banditry and terrorism.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by badman007(m): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
LawLab247:

Another story.

Useless much.

Their fada.

Lol.

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Welcomes Jonathan’s Intervention / Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians / The Angel Of The Lord Will Strike Dead Anyone With Evil Plans For Me- FFK