Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining (18170 Views)

Bithday Greetings: Tinubu To Appologise To Newspappers For Revenue Loss / Anambra Joins Oil Producing States, To Benefit From 13% Derivation / 13 Per Cent Derivation For Oil States To Be Reviewed To 25% Soon- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by maasoap(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Resource control means managing the natural resource deposit in your locality and remitting percentages as tax and statutory levies to the centre.

And who are these managers? Another set of thieves in the name governors? Or assembly of people? Lol

..however it is manage shouldn't be anyone's business, the closer the revenues accruing to such resources is to the people who own it the better their lives and wellbeing, the way it is managed now leaves a lot to be desired,

Very sweet to the ears but the reality on ground says otherwise.

the old cliche of thieving governors and stuff is stale, it possibly cannot get any worse.

It's not stale because that's the stark truth whether you believe it or not. Akwa Ibom state monthly allocation is ten times that of my state with approximately the same human population. My state still records lower unemployment rate than Akwa Ibom state. You may want to ask yourself where all these huge monthly allocation had been going?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Karlosorji(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
You’ve not said anything. Make your point
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by AmazingELixir: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
maasoap:

And who are these managers? Another set of thieves in the name governors? Or assembly of people? Lol

It's not stale because that's the stark truth whether you believe it or not. Akwa Ibom state monthly allocation is ten times that of my state with approximately the same human population. My state still records lower unemployment rate than Akwa Ibom state. You may want to ask yourself where all these huge monthly allocation had been going?

Just don't stay here and follow the bandwagon that believe the Niger delta governors embezzle their allocations..do your research into the development drives of the Niger delta governors from Akwa ibom, Rivers, Delta, C'Rivers even Bayelsa, you'll be amazed by the massive transformation going on in those states despite the meager 13%.

The damage to the Niger delta environment as a result of oil exploration is unquantifiable coupled with the difficult terrains of the region, they need their God given resources to better the lots of their people and region.

I still maintain resource control which is consistent with the principle of true federalism remains the acceptable way forward.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by olumide4christ: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
Niger delta oil is meant for the whole Nigeria while the mineral resources in the North is meant for the north alone.
Imagine Niger state saying federal allocation should be paid based on land mass, but they have not contributed anything to the country except banditry and terrorism.

Oga...the Niger Delta states get the same 13% derivation from the crude oil just as the government has said the states with solid minerals will get 13% derivation from the resources gotten from their land. I wonder why all of you who are towing your line of reasoning never mentioned that or stylishly left that out of your comments.

With the trillions of Naira given to NDDC and 13% derivation given to Niger Delta governors over 2 decades, there has been no meaningful development in the Niger Delta. Majority of the funds have been mismanaged by Niger Deltans. Only Akwa Ibom seem to be using their resources meaningfully.

What now makes you think that if resource control is implemented, your leaders will develop the Niger Delta? Rather, they will steal more money, buy properties abroad, build private universities aboard and the Niger Delta people will be worse off for it. At that time, there will be no Federal Government to run to for development or accuse of neglect...the NDDC will automatically cease to exist because there's now resource control.

Niger Deltans are their own enemies... resource control will not solve that problem. My mum is from Edo state..I lived there for 11 years...so I am not happy about the situation over there, but these are the obvious facts about the region.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by olumide4christ: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
maasoap:

What does resources control mean to you exactly? May be you the control of the resources will be in the hand of Grace and Gideon who happened to come from the community where the resource is located. It means the resources in the hands of useless and thieving governors, and does that benefit you if I may ask?

Please ask him very well...how many naira or kobo has he received from the trillions of Naira given to the NDDC and Niger Delta governors by allocations and 13% derivation for 2 decades and counting now?

Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by olumide4christ: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Resource control means managing the natural resource deposit in your locality and remitting percentages as tax and statutory levies to the centre...however it is manage shouldn't be anyone's business, the closer the revenues accruing to such resources is to the people who own it the better their lives and wellbeing, the way it is managed now leaves a lot to be desired, the old cliche of thieving governors and stuff is stale, it possibly cannot get any worse.

I'm sorry but your analysis is wrong. The trillions of Naira given to NDDC and Niger Delta governors over 2 decades has been very close to the people who own it but unfortunately, their leaders have mismanaged the funds over time.
Thus resource control will never be the solution as long as almost every Nigerian leader, official or politician still remains corrupt. What resource control will only do is make more money available for the Niger Delta leaders to steal and the people will be worse off for it.
As someone who is based in Lagos, whose mother hails from the Niger Delta, who has lived in the Niger Delta for 11 years and who has lived in the North for some period of time, I can categorically say that Northern leaders use their resources for the good of their people far far more than Southern leaders. Some people have agreed to this assertion on previous threads here.

Before requesting for resource control, the corrupt leaders need to be done away with first, otherwise, resource control would just be like pouring water into a plastic basket!
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by olumide4christ: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
maasoap:

Please just ignore these guys...very hypocritical set of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Hunchogee: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Which investment ? Same state I dey ? Bro no carry udom propaganda near me ooh

I dey uyo big time
Where in uyo are you... If possible I will be happy to show you around those investment personally?
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by AmazingELixir: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
olumide4christ:

I'm sorry but your analysis is wrong. The trillions of Naira given to NDDC and Niger Delta governors over 2 decades has been very close to the people who own it but unfortunately, their leaders have mismanaged the funds over time.
Thus resource control will never be the solution as long as almost every Nigerian leader, official or politician still remains corrupt. What resource control will only do is make more money available for the Niger Delta leaders to steal and the people will be worse off for it.
As someone who is based in Lagos, whose mother hails from the Niger Delta, who has lived in the Niger Delta for 11 years and who has lived in the North for some period of time, I can categorically say that Northern leaders use their resources for the good of their people far far more than Southern leaders. Some people have agreed to this assertion on previous threads here.

Before requesting for resource control, the corrupt leaders need to be done away with first, otherwise, resource control would just be like pouring water into a plastic basket!

Let us no get things twisted the NDDC is a federal government establishment not states of the region, the board and heads are appointed by the federal government, states only have representatives with no real clout to determine policy direction or project decisions.

So it beats me hollow how this has anything to do with resource control which is the crux of the matter.

As it concern which region utilize their resources more it is subjective and you are entitled to your opinion as do i.

However it is most troubling that you premised your argument against resource control on perceived corrupt leaders against denying the people of the Niger delta what is due them. Quite pathetic.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by rummmy: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
Is government controlling them before?
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Don't miss out on the solid minerals in Akwa-Ibom via the link below and don't forget the forget port-notel ocean terminal too

You can go through the link below to know more about minerals in Akwa-Ibom...
https://www.nairaland.com/6098795/akwa-ibom-commence-rapid-mining...

I so love Akwa-Ibom
Are u resident in Akwa Ibom cos I am. I need ur help am in need of any job in the construction sector now to do. I studied Geoinformatics and Surveying in Uniuyo but am not yet done cos of school lockdown but am in my finals. Can u assist me to get a job whether construction or not?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by earnit3: 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
oh really
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by winnah(f): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Is this not what we should have done to other resources like crude oil etc earlier now...

We have visited the areas where the mining ore is being processed and that is why we are preaching that no mineral should be taken out of Nigeria in raw form but have to be processed so that we get all the components to add value to what we are exporting,” he added"

How foolish to export crude oil in raw form and in return went back to import its derivative... Ain't that the most stupid thing

CRUDE OIL DERIVATIVE:

according to research

Over 6,000 items are made from petroleum waste by-products, including: fertilizer, flooring (floor covering), perfume, insecticide, petroleum jelly, soap, vitamins and some essential amino acids.

Imagine how where we would be as a nation if we stop selling crude oil hence, export crude oil derivatives...imagine Nigeria to be among the largest exporters of crude derivatives...at least been sufficient in 300 by-product of crude oil out of the 6k by-product...

STOP EXPORTING CRUDE OIL, EXPORT CRUDE OIL DERIVATIVES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Hunchogee: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
Puloc:

Are u resident in Akwa Ibom cos I am. I need ur help am in need of any job in the construction sector now to do. I studied Geoinformatics and Surveying in Uniuyo but am not yet done cos of school lockdown but am in my finals. Can u assist me to get a job whether construction or not?
Send him a mail via his account
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Hunchogee: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Ask questions first before trying to summarise your point..
Learn more about Akwa ibom mining plans and Solid Minerals below..
You can go through the link below to know more about minerals in Akwa-Ibom...
https://www.nairaland.com/6098795/akwa-ibom-commence-rapid-mining
When they say Akwa ibom is the richest resource endowed state in Nigeria, federal government wasn't joking..
Yeah
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by olumide4christ: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Let us no get things twisted the NDDC is a federal government establishment not states of the region, the board and heads are appointed by the federal government, states only have representatives with no real clout to determine policy direction or project decisions.

So it beats me hollow how this has anything to do with resource control which is the crux of the matter.

As it concern which region utilize their resources more it is subjective and you are entitled to your opinion as do i.

However it is most troubling that you premised your argument against resource control on perceived corrupt leaders against denying the people of the Niger delta what is due them. Quite pathetic.

Who have been the leaders of the NDDC appointed by Federal Government and governors of the Niger Delta states elected by Niger Deltans themselves for over 2 decades now? Are they not Niger Deltans? Are they Yorubas, Middle belters or Northerners? NO!
If the Niger Deltans could not provide good stewardship of funds and resources allocated to them by the Federal Government for the improvement of the lives of their own kinsmen/people for 20 years, what makes you think that when they now have full control of all the mineral resources of the region equating to more money, they will suddenly become "born-again" overnight and use the now surplus funds for the advancement of the Niger Delta and it's people? It's simply a mirage!
Even the Bible says in Luke 16:10-11that..."he who is faithful in little will be faithful in much and he who is unjust in little will also be unjust in much." This is scripture (God's word) and it can't be broken..it will always come to pass.
Therefore, leaders who were not accountable for trillions of Naira in the span of 20+ years will never be honest and accountable when trillions of dollars of resources control is committed into their hands.
Until you, I and every Nigerian put ethnic sentiments aside, begin to reason objectively, stop the blame game against others, stop shielding our people when they do wrong but rather go to the root of the problem and hold our ethnic leaders accountable and do something about them, there will be no way forward for this country or any part of it, whether they get resource control, secession or not!

This is just the fact!
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by maasoap(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Just don't stay here and follow the bandwagon that believe the Niger delta governors embezzle their allocations.. [s] do your research into the development drives of the Niger delta governors from Akwa ibom, Rivers, Delta, C'Rivers even Bayelsa, you'll be amazed by the massive transformation going on in those states despite the meager 13%. [/s]

The damage to the Niger delta environment as a result of oil exploration is unquantifiable coupled with the difficult terrains of the region, they need their God given resources to better the lots of their people and region.

I still maintain resource control which is consistent with the principle of true federalism remains the acceptable way forward.

That's a big fat lie! Do you even know that some of these governors were owing workers salaries at one point or another when in actual fact, they shouldn't have business owing salaries? That's to tell how massive the level of corruption is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buni, Malami Move To Block Convention, Governors Rise Against Interim Chairman / ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains / UK Authorities Barred Andy Uba From Their Country, Citing His Criminality - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.