Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining (18446 Views)

List Of Oil Producing State 2024 & How Much They Got As 13% Derivation / Bithday Greetings: Tinubu To Appologise To Newspappers For Revenue Loss / Anambra Joins Oil Producing States, To Benefit From 13% Derivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Your question isn't clear.

This simply means all states (not individuals) involved in mining a particular solid mineral (eg Gold), are entitled to 13% of federal government revenue proceeds from that commodity.

I am not asking a question, I am stating the reality of our collective delusions.

What I am saying is, before you can mine on a level that makes a difference, the state govt has to give you land as all land belongs to states and no state govt will give you it's land only to receive 13% and that is why no meaningful industrial mining ever happens or will ever happen except for small scale illegal mining or low hanging fruits like limestone for cement.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by BLAISECAMPAORE: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
isthatso:

I am not asking a question, I am stating the reality of our collective delusions.

What I am saying is, before you can mine on a level that makes a difference, the state govt has to give you land as all land belongs to states and no state govt will give you it's land only to receive 13% and that is why no meaningful industrial mining ever happens or will ever happen except for small scale illegal mining or low hanging fruits like limestone for cement.

Wrong. The state does not give you land.

You obtain a license for your desired mining area from the FG instead.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by OPPPS: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin

Clueless government they should be talking about resource control and not some stupid 13% derivation.

And the Wailing continues

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Mathantics: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
hmohammed:

I respect you guys and your stupid conspiracy theories without fact. One idiot will just sit in is home and cook all manners of useless stories just to suit his believe.

3 Shares

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by tiredoflife(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
See how they didnt fight to get 13%
Yet the niger delta had to almost go to war to get theirs
Smh

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Wrong. The state does not give you land.

You obtain a license for your desired mining area from the FG instead.

go and check. Federal gives you license but you still have to obtain the physical land from the state
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by CodeTemplar: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
simpleseyi:
Good, same as done for Oil
no, they control all the mining unlike oil communities.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by chiedonedoor(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
13%is too small, resources control is far better. Hope they use it for the common masses.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Christ Jesus is coming soon. Repent

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by maasoap(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
Skynet45:
angry Each state should have control of 100% of the minerals generated there including oil. We need to practice true federalism and chase away this northern leeches . If you notice most of the northern mines are illegal mines set up by the state government so the northerners have full control of their resources, while they stick to the south like a parasite.

This the best option for nigeria

And there is no massive oil bunkering going on in the Niger Delta region?

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin

Clueless government they should be talking about resource control and not some stupid 13% derivation.

What does resources control mean to you exactly? May be you the control of the resources will be in the hand of Grace and Gideon who happened to come from the community where the resource is located. It means the resources in the hands of useless and thieving governors, and does that benefit you if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nchenches: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Guyman02:
The North already owns 100% of the proceeds from mining, this is just a camouflage to make it look as if FG is now generating huge sums from mining in the North.

Control of mining sites is one of the key sources of the ongoing conflicts in the North and has little to do with religion as bandits are driving away communities for mining activities.
The traditional rulers and local politicians are fully involved and nothing will change soon as FG focus will remain on oil from Niger Delta and taxes from Lagos

You got it. They are trying to start use of oil proceeds to pay northern states where illegal mining is the trend.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Blackmann001: 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:
This is old news and already happened under GEJ's administration. Why do they keep re-announcing it? Just to sound like they are doing something.

Its even during obj last term in office...

Oby ezekwesilli drafted the bill to the Senate
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by samguru(m): 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
13%derivation will not solve the problems of the states.
Resource control is the way forward
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by nkiliuzo(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
mining in Nigeria can never reach its full potential with our epileptic power supply, if we can get our power at least 70% working then we can see mining in Nigeria progress.
Nigeria is blessed with all types of minerals, na oil just blind us finish
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by AmazingELixir: 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
maasoap:

What does resources control mean to you exactly? May be you the control of the resources will be in the hand of Grace and Gideon who happened to come from the community where the resource is located. It means the resources in the hands of useless and thieving governors, and does that benefit you if I may ask?

Resource control means managing the natural resource deposit in your locality and remitting percentages as tax and statutory levies to the centre...however it is manage shouldn't be anyone's business, the closer the revenues accruing to such resources is to the people who own it the better their lives and wellbeing, the way it is managed now leaves a lot to be desired, the old cliche of thieving governors and stuff is stale, it possibly cannot get any worse.
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by simpleseyi: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Guyman02:
The North already owns 100% of the proceeds from mining, this is just a camouflage to make it look as if FG is now generating huge sums from mining in the North.

Control of mining sites is one of the key sources of the ongoing conflicts in the North and has little to do with religion as bandits are driving away communities for mining activities.
The traditional rulers and local politicians are fully involved and nothing will change soon as FG focus will remain on oil from Niger Delta and taxes from Lagos

Having hatred for good news can lead to sudden death, watch yourself.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
omenka:
Hmmm. Akwa Ibom!! I just might relocate there. This is awesome news to them.

Add this to derivation from oil and that state could easily potentially topple Lagos off the income ladder.
They are already on their way to topple Lagos..
You can go through the link below to know more about minerals in Akwa-Ibom...
https://www.nairaland.com/6098795/akwa-ibom-commence-rapid-mining

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
tunjijones:

This one go hard ooo. For ibom to topple lag.
They are already on thier way to topple lag..

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
flyingpig:
Bauchi is the state in contention here, not Akwa Ibom. I'm not too informed about minerals in Akwa Ibom. Basically off shore oil only.
Ask questions first before trying to summarise your point..
Learn more about Akwa ibom mining plans and Solid Minerals below..
When they say Akwa ibom is the richest resource endowed state in Nigeria, federal government wasn't joking..

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by expert555: 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Which mineral is in akwa ibom outside oil ,gas n silica ?

They inedo - "" toto business na
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Which mineral is in akwa ibom outside oil ,gas n silica ?
Find out yourself via the link below?

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
expert555:

They inedo - "" toto business na
Your not funny bro and that's disrespectful ok

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Find out yourself via the link below?

Story when will Nigerian states stop deserving your self ...if u are comparatively advantages in a minerals ...u no go beg companies to come
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Puloc:

Akwa I am is d next commercial and industrial big state in Nigeria that will compete with Lagos soon. We have an international airport, an international stadium, an ongoing deep sea port able to service the several countries in the bight of guinea, several tarred federal road networks, a developing science park as a future technology hub, and several govt manufactories. The idea there is in 5-10yrs time wen most of these big projects are fully realized like the deep sea port, then many people will wish the own a spot of either residency or commercial value in uyo especially along oron rd. I have a land for sale along this strategic road in case u're interested. it's 1000sqm and 450sqm.
Don't miss out on the solid minerals in Akwa-Ibom via the link below and don't forget the forget port-notel ocean terminal too

https://www.nairaland.com/6098795/akwa-ibom-commence-rapid-mining...

I so love Akwa-Ibom

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Story when will Nigerian states stop deserving your self ...if u are comparatively advantages in a minerals ...u no go beg companies to come
So you just sit in your village eating egusi soup then multinational companies will suddenly land on your door..
Haba talk sensefully na cos you big past waiting you the talk now..
Me and you know say Nigeria is not really an attractive country for investors

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

So you just sit in your village eating egusi soup then multinational companies will suddenly land on your door..
Haba talk sensefully na cos you big past waiting you the talk now..
Me and you know say Nigeria is not really an attractive country for investors
Because we don't have comparative advantage oga

If large concentration of gold dey sambisa ...companies go still go there
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
lexy2014:

What is d benefit of toppling Lagos off d income ladder? Is there an award for it?
Strong economy is the benefits tho we are not in any competition with any body
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by NkanAkpanika: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Because we don't have comparative advantage oga

If large concentration of gold dey sambisa ...companies go still go there
Honestly we do but our name is soil already in the international space...
Do you know what it took Udom Emmanuel to attract investment that is currently booming in the state?
It took him been a former investment banker to attract them not being a governor

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Honestly we do but our name is soil already in the international space...
Do you know what it took Udom Emmanuel to attract investment that is currently booming in the state?
It took him been a former investment banker to attract them not being a governor
Which investment ? Same state I dey ? Bro no carry udom propaganda near me ooh

I dey uyo big time
Re: Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining by lexy2014: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Strong economy is the benefits tho we are not in any competition with any body

"Strong economy is the benefit" to who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi's Suspension Is A Joke Taken Too Far - Yinka Oyebode / ​Ossiomo Power Plant Begins 24-Hour Power Supply To Facilities In Edo State / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.