Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette (36722 Views)

Hushpuppi: IGP Queries Abba Kyari, As Malami Considers Extradition Request / Impeachment: Senators, Reps Divided As Afenifere Backs Mbaka’s Verdict On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by lexy2014: 11:57am On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Is that a rhetorical question?

When the body does some house cleaning then it could reclaim its lost glory.

Whats rhetorical about it? I also don't remember asking u about "house cleaning" and "past glory".

Is all d argument u have been putting forward d reason why d AGF is watering down d powers of d NBA thru gazzette?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Alexsmith007(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2020
Simple calculation...you won't want stamp money that should go to the NNBA account go to the NBA alone....
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by BLAISECAMPAORE: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2020
lexy2014:

Whats rhetorical about it? I also don't remember asking u about "house cleaning" and "past glory".

Is all d argument u have been putting forward d reason why d AGF is watering down d powers of d NBA thru gazzette?

It is rhetorical because your question is obviously the case.

The NBA attracted all this ridicule to itself hence the needed house cleaning.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by 989900: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Take Malami to court.
Malami, your day if reckoning will come.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by lexy2014: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

It is rhetorical because your question is obviously the case.

The NBA attracted all this ridicule to itself hence the needed house cleaning.

How is d question rhetorical? Ur response above doesn't answer my question:

Is all d argument u have been putting forward d reason why d AGF is watering down d powers of d NBA thru gazzette? Simple yes or no
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by thundafire: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
So charge and bail lawyers,go dey puff up shoulders with SANs. I dey pity judges because they go see cases were dey no suppose see.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Ayed44: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
In whose interest did the AGF take this decision? Is it in El-Rufai's interest? Is it in the interest of the lawyers? Did the lawyers complain to him that the 4k they are paying for the seal is too much for them to bear?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by OPPPS: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
SarkinYarki:

How did they bring politic ? How can someone with allegations of Human rights abuse and contempt of the rule of law Address a body legal professionals ...well keep supporting Nonsense but deep down you know Buhari has already gone down in history asad Nigerias worst leader ever and nothing is going to change that .
I guess you know the definition of allegations. The same allegation was leved against Obasanjo and Wike. Did NBA withdraw Wike and Obasanjo invitations?
Your Wailing attitude will not allow you to speak with open mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by motherlode: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
It's quite simple... Politics There are certain rules governing politics that when it is introduced into a whole new game where politics isn't required, destruction follows!

The NBA shouldn't have invited El Rufai to their AGM in the first place knowing fully well that he was guilty of Human Rights violations... The question then boils down to how they conduct processes that eventually lead to invitation?
The decision to correct this sole error angered the Northern Muslims and they are currently using Malami as a Co-conspirator against the NBA because they feel an injury to one is an injury to all. What best way to fight the NBA than to cut off the hands that feed them!

The very first step towards crumbling the structure of the NBA while giving room for an informal NNBA to be functional. Such selfish motives would not just affect the NBA alone, but would take a toll on judicial processes at large!

Let us all not forget that this same Malami faced scrutiny Last year when he was scheduled to appear before a disciplinary panel of the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee to face the petitioners seeking the stripping of his Senior Advocate of Nigeria rank for alleged misconduct.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by fubsy: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Is Malami's action not a clandestine ploy for the NewNBA to actualize their goal? Obviously, the courts have recognized the use of NBA stamp by lawyers on court processes filed in court, and this has yielded good results. Fake lawyers have been identified through the implementation of the NBA stamp use. I think the AGF's action is to ensure that the NewNBA can be formed and functional without the need for their members to use the stamp. If this conspiracy theory is correct, then I'm sorry to say, it has opened up the space again for fake lawyers. This is appalling!!!

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
frankyychiji:
This is hard to believe. I have seen a lot never-do-wells clear all their papers in Neco. A feat that was impossible in waec.

It means they paid their way through, even the guys that got 9A1s back then in my school had average results in neco.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by frankyychiji(f): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
SegFault:

It means they paid their way through, even the guys that got 9A1s back then in my school had average results in neco.
So if the body is so corrupt, where's the intergrity of the certificate?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by BLAISECAMPAORE: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
lexy2014:

How is d question rhetorical? Ur response above doesn't answer my question:

Is all d argument u have been putting forward d reason why d AGF is watering down d powers of d NBA thru gazzette? Simple yes or no

My argument is my opinion.

The decision is the AGF's.

Understand the difference.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by fubsy: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Why must we continue to be shouting "One Nigeria", but using clandestine means to split the Nigerian Bar Association (obviously along tribal/regional lines)?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by frog12: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
you see NORTHERN lawyers did not speak up in this article. na CONSPIRACY coming from them.
the AGF should not have the power of a BAR association.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
frankyychiji:
So if the body is so corrupt, where's the intergrity of the certificate?
don't ask me, ask the bastardy office, if Nigeria was a sane country I would have said we should scrap WASSCE but since this country is a madhouse no one would take us serious without it.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by SarkinYarki: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
OPPPS:

I guess you know the definition of allegations. The same allegation was leved against Obasanjo and Wike. Did NBA withdraw Wike and Obasanjo invitations?
Your Wailing attitude will not allow you to speak with open mind

Una don carry tribalism enter this matter
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by OPPPS: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Una don carry tribalism enter this matter
Keep your mouth sealed. What has tribalism got to do with what I posted.
Deny the fact Obasanjo was not accused of killing 100s of Odi people when he was a president.
Deny the fact , same allegation was not leved against Wike in the build up to election in 2015.
While single out El Rufai in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by chiedonedoor(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
He is one of them, so he know the good and bad of it, but if is because of the new group is wrong, the motive of the stamp must be know to all.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Christ Jesus is coming soon. Repent
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by nedekid: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
helinues:
SANs will always be divided on this kind of issues as they are divided as a body.

Hope Malami is aware that all his gra gra won't last for more than 3 years
It may last more than 3 years. Do you actually think fulanis will give up political power?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Cutting of your nose to spite your face. Unfortunately the most brilliant lawyers on this country are from the South East, South West and South South.

This guys do not think far ahead about the ramifications of their actions after office forgeting that they will leave office.

Well time will tell. With all the economic issues facing us and the inability of the ppl in power to listen. Balkanization is next. And just like Northern Sudan that abandoned sharia and other stupid laws they made thinking they were marginalising the south, the same will happen.

All their actions will kill them if they form their own nation but they feel its detetrimental to the south so it flies. They r already ripping what they sowed. If Nigeria breaks up, the North will die. They do not have what it takes to form a nation. Only the south does at this point. The elites do not care either way. The teeming poor masses will bear the brunt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by airminem(f): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nasir.Northern.Bar.Assembly smiley very stuupid North

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Dybala11(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
DexterousOne:

El Rufai should have never been invited in the first place

And he is not the first to be disinvited

Why is something as simple as this causing so much ruckus in the first place?
What kind of country is this?
It's because he (El rufai) considers it to be a huge blow on his overbloated ego.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by airminem(f): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
Under this government, terrible things have occured and that doesnt speak well for democratic processes and rule of law, human right. I believe even the vice president was no taking along which doesnt speak well.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by galaxy2020(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
How did this semi-literate lawyer become a SAN?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by simpleseyi: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Sammy07:

You too reason am nah, How can El rufai address a body of lawyers, SANs, those that know laws, senior lawyers etc..

It's Like saying Minister of education (adamu adamu), should come and address professors, emeritus.

But Obasanjo that sent soldiers to level Odi village and Zki Biam village can address the body of liars. Obasanjo that illegally removed DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Ayo Fayose adn Rashidi Ladoja is qualified to address the liars.

What about Nyesom Wicked Wike with his several human right abuses can address the liars.

Northerners don't make noise, they just take actions unline Southerners that brag. You have see the action the Northerners have taken on this issue, we Southerners too should take action nah. Talk is cheap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by simpleseyi: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
DexterousOne:

Just imagine what this one is saying undecided

Say your own
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by amaham(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
I am not a lawyer, but if the lawyers want to watch their only association shredded by malami, they should continue being docile

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by SarkinYarki: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Wow. This is immoderate. He has indirectly gave way for FAKE LAWYERS

Adegboruwa also said once the seal and stamp were no longer used, the development could lead to an increase in the number of fake lawyers in the country.

That's what exactly it is..Buhari and his band of clueless people want to kill the Law profession
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by muthm: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Alexsmith007:
Simple calculation...you won't want stamp money that should go to the NNBA account go to the NBA alone....

This is interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Traffic Law: Lagos Lists Vehicles That Can Operate From 6am-9pm / Amaechi And Prof Soyinka At The N82Million Dinner Party - Photos / APC Uses Picture From India To Promote Rice Revolution In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.