Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette (36728 Views)

Hushpuppi: IGP Queries Abba Kyari, As Malami Considers Extradition Request / Impeachment: Senators, Reps Divided As Afenifere Backs Mbaka’s Verdict On Buhari / 2023 Presidency: Amosun As Malami's Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Mrpojj(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

Lalasticlala

Aboki man will always spoil something
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by CioAngels(f): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
simpleseyi:
NBA caused its disintegration. Next time, pick your battles. It's not all wars that you go to.

NBA brought politics into a professional body, now FG is bringing politricks. Once again, pick your battles well.
Is the Nigeria rule of law meant only for the poor? No, it is meant for the poor and the rich so El-rufai is not exempted. If that is the reason he termed up with Malami to float Northern Bar Association, it is getting so clear that they are telling the Southerners, so they should wise up because they, "the North" are wisely disintergrating secretly. Meanwhile, the docile Southern regions are going cap-in hand begging them to agree to the disintetgration. Everything is going to the north yet the southern leaders are not seeing through their benoculars.

2 Likes

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Evercurious(f): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
pseudaria:

What kind of stupid dumb statement is this, the leadership of the NBA who invited elrufai decided to uninvite him, the agf made a decision concerning the NBA without consulting the leadership of the NBA. It is therefore illegal.

Why bother yourself talking to that IRREDEEMABLE FOOL
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by CioAngels(f): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Awol1:
This people think they will be in power forever.

Removing the means through which the NBA generate funds so that they can be reduced to a begging organization and political lapdogs.

Very pathetic!

4k for 72 pieces of the seal is not expensive so what is his excuse?

Again this new regulation will make for increase in fake lawyers, so what did he set out to achieve?

Are you sure this people have brains?

And to think some fools will still cheer them makes it all baffling.
C
God!
They know what they are doing, as far as they have registered as a law student, they will be quailfied to the seat of power highest position with nobody to challenge them. After all today they employ a northern as the boss while southern educated will do the job they are happy being called their slaves.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Congrats321(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Was he speaking literally or figuratively?

BLAISECAMPAORE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLVKpeIyDYs
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by johnisaola(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Do you think NBA couldn't respect El Rufai ,and just go away? impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by sweetgala(m): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
JidennaJason:
One of the qualities of a good leader is to make consultations..... Malami ought to have consulted widely before making such decision.

This would not only affect the revenues of the NBA, but it would cause some misconduct by aggrieved members.

Malami should be careful not to take sides with the splinter NBA group, he should be very careful.

The NBA has been a flawed association for some time now overtly political some may even accuse it of being partisan.

The SANs have taken this country and the judiciary for a joke, they have corrupted the judicial process they've become a conduit for corruption of judicial officers and have offered little in return.

They have not been objective in the checkmate of government excess and to cap it off they delved into ethnic sociopolitical matters just as they emerged from a still contested NBA elections.

They need to get their act in order I agree Malami should not have withdrawn the issuance of stamps from the NBA but such stamps should be available to the general public through application because the constitution confers on every citizen the right to self representation or the appointment of another individual as you so wish.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by BLAISECAMPAORE: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
pseudaria:

What kind of stupid dumb statement is this, the leadership of the NBA who invited elrufai decided to uninvite him, the agf made a decision concerning the NBA without consulting the leadership of the NBA. It is therefore illegal.

If you and the evercurious imp detected stupidity in your understanding of my statement then trust me it is all in your heads.

Did the NBA leadership consult the cross-section of it's membership, particularly the revolting northern members, before it took such an insensitive, irrational & dumb decision to dis-invite him that has now turned around to bite them in the arse?

Their decision was also illegal in that case.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Yankee101: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Wrong intention, good for the courts
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by nedzuby: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
lifezone247:
Op so you want me to start reading all these on a Sunday morning abi? I’ll rather read my bible even though I’m not going to church today.

I just tire for am oo
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Evercurious(f): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

If you and the evercurious imp detected stupidity in your understanding of my statement then trust me it is all in your heads.

Did the NBA leadership consult the cross-section of it's membership, particularly the revolting northern members, before it took such an insensitive, irrational & dumb decision to dis-invite him that has now turned around to bite them in the arse?

You case is so pathetic .. abeg shift
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by BLAISECAMPAORE: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Evercurious:

My case is so pathetic...

I totally agree.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by GeneralStan(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
favor914:
There you go, Ignorant Wailers must wail, it is President Buhari’s fault? That is the number 1 cliche for Wailers

THERE! Another Ass -licking Zombie just surfaced....
where have you been hiding punk?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by darfay: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
Shebi our vice President is a lawyer and even a professor of law? It's like he doesn't have any influence in Aso rock? It must suck to be him rn

How Buhari is so comfortable sectionalizing the country is beyond me and how Nigerians fail to react is also beyond me too. With the way the Northerners keep pushing Southerners to wall maybe one-day they might just about had enough
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by darfay: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Yes they did!!
The decision was taken by their National working committee constituting of Northern members

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by BLAISECAMPAORE: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
darfay:

Yes they did!!
The decision was taken by their National working committee constituting of Northern members

So who are the NNBA?

Are they mechanics?

Don't bother.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Thats part of what Falana said. NBA did not care about quality of law, it was focused on generating revenue and allowed impunity. Now that it's visited by impunity it cannot raise alarm.

Are you aware SAN is also awarded by federal character, and not by merit?

Federal Character

Whaaaat?
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by barrwebilor(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
EastGold:
Malami is something else.
Who dash am SAN sef?
Go and become an SAN if you think it's easy

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by lagosrd: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Open your eyes they are weaning every southern dominated structures. They won't go to school and yet they want to occupy positions.
Southern universities too should stop these educationally less developed states quotas as most northern states now have universities of their own.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by asanwafo: 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
SarkinYarki:

How did they bring politic ? How can someone with allegations of Human rights abuse and contempt of the rule of law Address a body legal professionals ...well keep supporting Nonsense but deep down you know Buhari has already gone down in history asad Nigerias worst leader ever and nothing is going to change that .
Allegation u said
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Ooe33: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
With all the reads above. U still find a hinge to attach ur statement.
He could have pushed for the recognition of their institution. There by making their own seal valid for court proceedings.
Not everything is a tribal war.
I support that gazette. Hopefully he followed die process to enact it

capatainrambo:
Lol

nothern Nigeria bar association : we will form a new
association

NBA : Where will you get stamp from ?

Malami : I'm a member of Nothern Nigeria bar
assiciation not NBA

Malami is just a stupid aboki. But buhari is even more stupid for allowing this madness to .

Meanwhile elrufai watches from the shadows.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by emezuo17: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

So it is Wike the lawless, reckless tout that does not measure up to El Rufais pedigree academically or otherwise that is fit to address the NBA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLVKpeIyDYs

Bigotry will not help you.
. Wike is a lawyer.
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by ykalhaji(m): 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
Every thing in Nigeria, Nigeria will cry northern agenda. Abeg lawyers are only angry because as of today using a lawyers is no longer mandatory. Anybody can file a court application on his or her own behalf without a lawyer. Now lawyers have to work a little harder to make money now.

The Attorney General has the power to change any and all Federal Court application process, which he has done, now only state attorney generals can decide to say Bleep it and keep their own processing method for their own particular state. That General Council nonsense na just gentlemen consensus agreement place, they really no get no constitutional power/authority.

1 Like

Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
CioAngels:
They know what they are doing, as far as they have registered as a law student, they will be quailfied to the seat of power highest position with nobody to challenge them. After all today they employ a northern as the boss while southern educated will do the job they are happy being called their slaves.

It won't be that way forever
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by Greatkenny2: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Divide and rule.... perfect way to disintegrate the NBA... these northerners eeh
Re: Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette by maiquel: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
iyatrustee:
The 2007 amendment by the AGF brought about the use of the stamp and seal, in 2020, the AGF did a similar amendment expunging the use.

Why the outcry now?

Money... that's why.
When it was amended in 2007, it gave them autonomy to make money from the use of seal and stamp, but now, it is not needed with the quick deletion of the provision.

But this move is more political, Malami being a northern lawyer, plus the current unsettledness that rocked NBA boat, he should've known this move will raise dusts.
It implies a support for the splinter group, so that they have a safe landing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South / Killers Of Salome Abuh Arrested By Police In Kogi / VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.