Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary (29540 Views)

Be Enlightened About The JOHESU Strike!!! / JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by GIFTD: 8:05am On Sep 14, 2020
paulolee:
its simply not necessary bt it seems strike is the only language the f.g understands and i dnt blame them..
but can't we be civilized to understand simple body language instead of this embarrassment.
Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by tonyson010(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2020
No going back.
This government has much lies.

The Govt while paying April/May Covid-19 hazard allowance, paid some people and didn't pay some. But will come and shout we have paid healthcare workers Covid-19 allowance.

In my department, some people received, while few didn't receive. Yet No hope for those who didn't receive April/May. If not for the threat of strike, they wouldn't be considering to pay the June Covid-19 allowance. But same Govt have bragged on paying covid allowance to everyone and released amounts on newspapers and TV.

Must Govt workers embark on strike before Govt fulfill its obligations

Govt that lies and cheats in as many ways as possible.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by tonyson010(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2020
sunnymaja:
What will put an end for the incessant strike in the health sector is to engage doctors and other health workers at the same time. Give them tge same salary and provide separate allowances for the professionals like doctors. A situation whereby doctors will have about 400,000 allowances and still have about 300,000 above regular salary will be fought for life. For someone in the same grade to have difference of 700k per month cannot be substantiated. Doctors will have their ways and block others when negotiating just because the minister is a doctor will always bring chaos. If minister of health is a doctor, minister of state for health can be a pharmacist and so on. But both are doctors and labour minister is also a doctor can paint things in different colours to the president

Well, part of the problem.
Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by DAVE5(m): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2020
slimanyd:
FG should ask themselves if there existence sef is even necessary. An average Nigeria is regretting voting for this myopic and failure regime and they are here calling a union strike unnecessary . U're owing them 2 months old salaries since 2018 ,they kept quiet till 2020 . Una brain no work to pay them there entitlement since. Ordinary senators and rep members dey get covid allowance and yet the health workers are also been cheated on there entitlement . What's the usefulness of paying all those jagbajantis rep and senator covid allowances when the real risk takers aren't been taking care of. I have a friend working in UCH, these guy contracted Covid19 , The drugs he brought with his own money was about 15k , Yet the senators and reps that never stepped there feet out of there homes were paid handsomely while they leave the real icons to beg and suffer for crumbs . Imagine a government who doesn't care about the state of health, now Corona is finish. Watch as they suspend all findings to the health sectors now, while they travel out again for medical check-up as usual.

Imagine A country paying his health care workers 5k salary as hazard allowance while the rep and senators are paid millions in hazard allowance , abegi, which is more hazardous . Health attendants, nurses, doctors are all exposed to getting hepatitis,HIV,TBjust for taking care of patients and serving the country with all they've got ,yet at the end ,they are paid a psaltery 5k . Ask urself, is these country not upside down already? Doctors are flying out daily and Nigeria government doesn't give a Bleep about it cos they don't even use the hospitals , Any slight sneezing ,They are off to UK.

When we go get sense for these country sef .

The day we go get sense nah when all of us decide to carry stick, stones, cutlass and every every enter street and put anybody wey stand in our way down, till then, we bear the rot and remain docile as usual

1 Like

Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by YoungLionken(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2020
onyxo76:
the doctors are not going on strike ,its the other health workers, abi na only doctors be health workers?

I just grouped them. You don't expect me to start mentioning them one by one.

Thanks btw...
Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by onyxo76(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2020
YoungLionken:

I just grouped them. You don't expect me to start mentioning them one by one.

Thanks btw...
well you should have just mentioned health workers instead of doctors specifically when the doctors have nothing to do with this strike, besides most health workers hate being grouped with docs.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by Ikennablue(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Instead of una to reach agreement with them una dey declare thier strike unecessary...pay them thier money
.. this is why to work for salary dey tire me..be it private or government...na even government worse
....Na so them go dey owe people different allowance....Hazard allowance...Pension go do their own......National housing fund go do their own
Over time
Shift ......This and that
Before you know them go die leave the allowance without enjoying it
Government work dey cause pover-tea
See my cousin despite say he dey level 8 for Uniben....still na me dey package he life....we go dey beer parlour..na me dey tiding the bills....I don tell am many times make he resign...he still dey the work dey mumu himself....all these go slow life me nor dey do am
The problem is, to resign to what?? If person get another option, he for no de do am. Many people de even kill themselves over the government job, even if government go owe them for two years. Our country is just messed up. Only God go help us
Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by YoungLionken(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
onyxo76:
well you should have just mentioned health workers instead of doctors specifically when the doctors have nothing to do with this strike, besides most health workers hate being grouped with docs.

Thanks,noted...
Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by ChristieCrown: 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
heykims:

But I believe that when a union goes on strike, they shouldn't lock up govt properties as if it is theirs, they should hand them over to the management and walk home, I doubt if doctors lock anything up when they go on strike, they go home with their brain and expertise.

When you finish a day's job, won't you secure your office by locking it? The same applies to hospital departments. You lock your department, submit and sign in the keys at the security. Just like you signed it out when you got to work that morning. If the generator house is locked, anyone can go and sign for the key. By that if anything goes missing, the person can be held responsible. So a cleaner going on strike will simply lock the cleaning materials room and submit the key. You don't expect her to having signed for the key that morning, leave it opened. If anything happens, she'll be held responsible cos she was the last person who signed out the key. Wards are left opened and equipments are numbered then signer over to a doctor. If anything get spoilt or missing, it's that Dr that'll be responsible not the nurses that are on strike

1 Like

Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by ChristieCrown: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ceaser01:
This government is funny sha. But you can share 20 million and 15 million naira each to the senators and representatives respectively as Coivd-19 allowances for doing nothing.

In his words “In the national assembly, each of the senators got N20 million, while the house of representatives members got N15 million for COVID-19 from the national assembly.” He concluded.

Well, coming back to JOHESU matter, their own problem too much for the health sector. Always making preposterous demands like the accountant in the hospital demanding to earn the same as the doctor. If you care to go thru the demands that led to this strike you will be shocked.

Those that work in the hospital earn what they earn by virtue of the fact that they work in that environment. Their peers in other ministries on the same grade level work more but earn far less (at times half the amount) than those that work in the hospitals. Meanwhile it's the opposite for the doctors as Nurses that work in these hospitals. Their peers in the Federal ministries work far less but earn far more (with pecks of offices like secretaries, official vehicles) than they do. Yet you don't hear them complain.

If you don't have adequate knowledge on a thing, you should research it or ask questions. Where did you see that accountants are asking for same pay with Drs? If you have any knowledge about civil service, you should understand that different professionals have different entry point s in the salary scale.

An accountant (fresh graduate or newly employed) comes in at level 8 while a Dr comes in at level 13. How can the salary be the same. There are 2 salary scales in the hospital CONMESS (Dr's salary scale) and CONHESS (other hospital workers). Both sides agreed with the government in writing (MOU) that whenever an adjustment is made to one, it must be effected in the other. This means if 10% adjustment was made on conmess, same must be done with conhess. E.g a Dr earning 200,000 gets additional 20,000 while a pharmacist earning 100,000 gets 10,000 more. This is the consequential adjustment JOHESU talks about.

CONMESS was adjusted 2014, nothing was done for CONHESS, another was done for CONMESS in 2018, nothing was done for CONHESS again. A strike ensued, minister for health and for labour (who are Drs) started threatening brimstone. Even Drs said JOHESU should not be answered. But instead of doing the right thing, 2 months salary was withheld. (Note that this has never been done for any other union that went on strike before and even after JOHESU strike). Another adjustment was done in 2019 for CONMESS, still nothing for CONHESS. 3 different upward adjustment for CONMESS but nothing for CONHESS.

Now tell me if that is fair!

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares JOHESU Strike Unnecessary by ceaser: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges Five More Coronavirus Patients / Man Fined N215,000, Commits Suicide At Ogun TRACE Premises / 10 Bad Habits That Affect And Damage Our Brain – Organic Health Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.