Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos (13742 Views)

Five Fulani Herds­men Kidnapped In Abia Community / How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday / Ndowa Laale Son Kidnapped (UNIPORT VC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
jay bee:

What parameters are we supposed to use in defining crooks?
Like i said, i know dis dude very well and went to school with some of his kids.
I hope you know IB is a very small city in terms of facts

i know the man very well, know his sons and i have paid visits to his mega-mansion in ibadan back in the days. it's just that most people don't like him particularly because of his association with ibb/abacha during the abiola saga. he's a very nice man. . . . .

thameamead:

Him and Rotimi Williams own lot's of properties in Ibadan especially in Bodija, he owns Lister as well, a flour mill in Ilorin and an oil field, he was friends with Abacha before Abacha became President so Abacha must have given him huge contracts, apparently in Abacha days he use to go to Abuja every Friday to pay with Abacha in Aso Rock, he's also generous to his children's friends according to a reliable source.

he bought abacha his first car a peugeot in the 80s when abacha was still in the 2nd mechanised division in ibadan. he practically took care of abacha way back and when abacha came to power, he got loads of contracts in return. does that make the man crooked?
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by jaybee3(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
I'm not disputing the fact that he is a very generous man.
Anyhoo, i don't think anyone deserves to have his/her children kidnapped.
Nigeria is just a failed state
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
jay bee:

I'm not disputing the fact that he is a very generous man.
Anyhoo, i don't think anyone deserves to have his/her children kidnapped.
Nigeria is just a failed state

it has been a failed state since 1985. grin
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by hbrednic: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
Crook or no crook, the kidnappers must release the kid unharmed,
nobody deserves to be kidnapped.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
Let me also let you know that most families we see as progressives in Yorubaland loves and respect Arisekola to high heavens. The Awolowos and Abiolas were big beneficiaries of his benevolence.

I did my youth service in Monitor Newspapers (now rested) which is owned by Arisekola, I know for a fact that at that time Tribune Newspaper group owned by the Awolowos was broke and going into extinction. It was Arisekola that allowed them to  stay afloat buy letting them print for free and would even give them rims and rims of paper for free without charging a kobo in his Ring Road based outfit, a competitor for that matter! The present crop of business men would be too glad to see their business rival die (eg Dangote & Otedola)

A lot of his businesses stopped being profitable because of negative economic policies that has virtually killed most manufacturing businesses in Nigeria but the man made sure he was paying his staff so they can feed their families, despite the fact that there was no job for them to do

Im not saying the man is a saint but please give him the respect he deserves, or at least shut the eff up on matters you dont have facts on!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
JJay1:

Let me also let you know that most families we see as progressives in Yorubaland loves and respect Arisekola to high heavens. The Awolowos and Abiolas were big beneficiaries of his benevolence.

I did my youth service in Monitor Newspapers (now rested) which is owned by Arisekola, I know for a fact that at that time Tribune Newspaper group owned by the Awolowos was broke and going into extinction. It was Arisekola that allowed them to  stay afloat buy letting them print for free and would even give them rims and rims of paper for free without charging a kobo in his Ring Road based outfit, a competitor for that matter! The present crop of business men would be too glad to see their business rival die (eg Dangote & Otedola)

A lot of his businesses stopped being profitable because of negative economic policies that has virtually killed most manufacturing businesses in Nigeria but the man made sure he was paying his staff so they can feed their families, despite the fact that there was no job for them to do

Im not saying the man is a saint but please give him the respect he deserves, or at least shut the eff up on matters you dont have facts on!

well said!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
hbrednic:

Crook or no crook, the kidnappers must release the kid unharmed,
nobody deserves to be kidnapped.

Thank God the boy has now been released.

For those jubiliating on the kidnapping, remember he has a wife and a baby! Should they also suffer because of sin they did not commit? The wife is from the Belgores of Ilorin, is it a crime to marry the guy? She the entire Belgores suffer because of some offence they did not commit?

I insist no man deserves to be kidnapped because of percieved enemity of an uncle
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
JJay1:

Let me also let you know that most families we see as progressives in Yorubaland loves and respect Arisekola to high heavens.[s] The Awolowos and Abiolas were big beneficiaries of his benevolence.
[/s]

stop spweing rubbish.how did Abiola and Awo benefitted from him ? do you know what it takes to be the Are ona kakanfo of yorubaland ? Do you know when Abiola started making money ? I guess you are just writing to impress some novice here.abeg try again.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

stop spweing rubbish.how did Abiola and Awo benefitted from him ? do you know what it takes to be the Are ona kakanfo of yorubaland ? Do you know when Abiola started making money ? I guess you are just writing to impress some novice here.abeg try again.

what has aare ona kakanfo gotta do with this? the guy simply said when tribune newspapers was being starved to death, arisekola helped out. arisekola is a very generous business man. he loves helping people.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Keep your eyes on fact rather than making rude comments. I have just gave an example of the Awos if you are close to ANY employee of Tribune Newspapres that has been there for at least 13 years you may confirm if what I expressed is right or wrong, you might also want to contact Kola Abiola if you want to get his opinion on Arisekola, but if you are grown enough he expressed it in some interviews he granted around 1999 circa.

Concentrate on how to make something of your life rather than hide behind a faceless forum castigating people who have made some of theirs. And by the way it takes a homo sapien to be Are Ona Kakanfo, but not empty ones!

Silence remains best answer for your type though!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by favouredjb(f): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2011
Wow at all the stories

talking about ibadan here filled me with nostalgia,though am not from there but i have loads of frnd there,esp in bodija

thank God the guy has been released,the money Arisekola has,his entire generation can't be poor and btw,he is mutallab's inlaw

p.s this people shouldn;t bring this kidnapping madness to lagos or the southwest as a whole,pls abeg
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2011
JJay1:

Thank God the boy has now been released.

For those jubiliating on the kidnapping, remember he has a wife and a baby! Should they also suffer because of sin they did not commit? The wife is from the Belgores of Ilorin, is it a crime to marry the guy? She the entire Belgores suffer because of some offence they did not commit?

I insist no man deserves to be kidnapped because of percieved enemity of an uncle
. . .Some good news.
It was difficult following the thread . . . cheesy
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2011
JJay1:

Keep your eyes on fact rather than making rude comments. I have just gave an example of the Awos if you are close to ANY employee of Tribune Newspapres that has been there for at least 13 years you may confirm if what I expressed is right or wrong, you might also want to contact Kola Abiola if you want to get his opinion on Arisekola, but if you are grown enough he expressed it in some interviews he granted around 1999 circa.

Concentrate on how to make something of your life rather than hide behind a faceless forum castigating people who have made some of theirs. And by the way it takes a homo sapien to be Are Ona Kakanfo, but not empty ones!

Silence remains best answer for your type though!
Kola granted an interview and you make it sound like Arisekola made Abiola a billionaire ?
i was actually thinking you have something to come up with not this newspaper report you are presenting.In any case,Abiola has been successful years before Arisekola.I don't need to contact kola cuz it's a fact I know not some junkie.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by OlokoNla1(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ bluetooth, i think you are either a misguided idiot or you are not smart @ all. how can you claim that abiola wa sa business man when we all know now that he was a very failed government contractor unlike arisekola alao. what does abiola have that remains, please tell me and i will point out to you tonnes of investment that arisekola still has that is alive and doing well

what the hell do you think aare onakakanfo means? do you know the politics behind his accenting to that title? by the way, who gives a flying rats arse about it but since you mention it, it doesn't mean jack rats shit! he took that title as the first non oyo man to hold it just to prove some silly point, besides alaafin needed the dough and benevolence of unwise abiola so before you spew junk, think twice or thrice in your case
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by OlokoNla1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
Bluetooth, looks like u r still an idiot! Abiola was a pauper compared to Arisekola alao. who is abiola?
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by fstranger3(m): 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
Why take it personal

You be real mumu ooooo

This is internet, stupidd
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Kola granted an interview and you make it sound like Arisekola made Abiola a billionaire ?
i was actually thinking you have something to come up with not this newspaper report you are presenting.In any case,Abiola has been successful years before Arisekola.I don't need to contact kola cuz it's a fact I know not some junkie.

You obvioulsy lack attention to details! Ignorance is a major syndrome. Get cured!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
JJay1:

You obvioulsy lack attention to details! Ignorance is a major syndrome. Get cured!

Next time,do your research before typing rubbish !
Oloko Nla:

@ bluetooth, i think you are either a misguided or you are not smart @ all. how can you claim that abiola wa sa business man when we all know now that he was a very failed government contractor unlike arisekola alao. what does abiola have that remains, please tell me and i will point out to you tonnes of investment that arisekola still has that is alive and doing well

what the hell do you think aare onakakanfo means? do you know the politics behind his accenting to that title? by the way, who gives a flying rats arse about it but since you mention it, it doesn't mean jack rats poo! he took that title as the first non oyo man to hold it just to prove some silly point, besides alaafin needed the dough and benevolence of unwise abiola so before you spew junk, think twice or thrice in your case

Arisekola made his money from Abacha's regime supplying police kits and other stuff and not the so called investment he's known today for.Abiola has made his wealth since the 70's.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by logica(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
If a billionaire makes his fortune from chaos which he directly or indirectly created, then he should bear the brunt if the chaos consumes him and his entire blood-line. I hope you all have a light-bulb moment.

BTW this also goes for Abiola.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by bestman09(m): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2011
favouredjb:

Wow at all the stories

talking about ibadan here filled me with nostalgia,though am not from there but i have loads of frnd there,esp in bodija

thank God the guy has been released,the money Arisekola has,his entire generation can't be poor and btw,he is mutallab's inlaw

p.s this people shouldn;t bring this kidnapping madness to lagos or the southwest as a whole,pls abeg.
Abeg how much did the kidnappers collect? The thing no waste time at all grin grin grin
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Ramon2: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2011
Yoruba have since graduated from gbomogbomo to real time kidnapping. All Igbo kidnappers are Yoruba brought ups. Imagine Yoruba people kidnapping and killing Igbos in the midst at a time Igbos were not even involved in kidnapping.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Next time,do your research before typing rubbish !Arisekola made his money from Abacha's regime supplying police kits and other stuff and not the so called investment he's known today for.Abiola has made his wealth since the 70's.

arisekola made his money in the 70s. he was the sole distributor of datsun cars in the whole of nigeria back then.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
Arisekola has been a rich man before Abacha came into govt.

He didnt make his money from Abacha.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by hardbody: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
This guy wowo no be small. See the dark mark on his forehead where he has been bangin' the hard concrete at least 5 times a day. I am sure they will pay something substantial for his release and they will announce to the public that they negotiated his freedom without paying a dime, and yes, the payment will be made with government money, i assure you.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by hackney(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hope they find his son alive sha, despite the ramblings of children or wh.ores on here.
Hope say ijaws no wan carry una play as una let them dey ransack villages there earlier.
The dad made money supplying garri and kuli-kuli to ecomog soldiers?
Federal contract is sweeet! !
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by morzook(m): 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
In my house, we practically fight to go out with my dad whenever he says he's going to ibadan because he surely will stop to say hi to aare, The man dashes us nothing less than 50k. Na hin money I take buy BB sef, The man's generous to a fault, on a normal day you'll meet tens of people at the gate of his mansion all wanting to see him.

And he has a lion in his house
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by IDINRETE: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
Oloko Nla:

@ bluetooth, i think you are either a misguided or you are not smart @ all. how can you claim that abiola wa sa business man when we all know now that he was a very failed government contractor unlike arisekola alao. what does abiola have that remains, please tell me and i will point out to you tonnes of investment that arisekola still has that is alive and doing well

what the hell do you think aare onakakanfo means? do you know the politics behind his accenting to that title? by the way, who gives a flying rats arse about it but since you mention it, it doesn't mean jack rats poo! he took that title as the first non oyo man to hold it [/size][color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt]just to prove some silly point, besides alaafin needed the dough and benevolence of unwise abiola so before you spew junk, think twice or thrice in your case

Are you certain that Abiola was the first non-Oyo man to take that title, if I am not mistaken Kurunmi from Ijaye was also Are Ona Kankanfo of yorubaland or was he not.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Arisekola has been a rich man before Abacha came into govt.

He didnt make his money from Abacha.

i hope you dont mind telling me what he was doing in the 70's and how much he's worth when Abiola was successful as vice

president of ITT ? undecided
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by HNIC(m): 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2011
No one deserves to be kidnapped
Not even the guys that ruined Nigeria.
Met Arisekola Alao once on a flight from Abuja to Lagos around 2001.
Despite the fact that he was seated 'in front' and we were at 'the back' grin
He shared jokes and greeted many people(that's humility not normally seen in Naija)
The little I know of the man, heard he was a billionaire as far back as the 70's
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

i hope you dont mind telling me what he was doing in the 70's and how much he's worth when Abiola was successful as vice

president of ITT ? undecided

distributing datsun cars to the whole west african region. he was also into estate and properties. he bought abacha his first car when abacha was doing his military service in ibadan in the early 80s.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by excanny: 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
Ramon2:

Yoruba have since graduated from gbomogbomo to real time kidnapping. All Igbo kidnappers are Yoruba brought ups. Imagine Yoruba people kidnapping and killing Igbos in the midst at a time Igbos were not even involved in kidnapping.

Dude, it seems like you get some interesting news. You mind sharing it with our Yoruba friends here? shocked
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
*Cougar*:

distributing datsun cars to the whole west african region. he was also into estate and properties. he bought abacha his first car when abacha was doing his military service in ibadan in the early 80s.

so that car alone was able to make him a billionaire in the 70's ?

that guy made his wealth from Abacha !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Primary School Teacher Confesses To Sexually Assaulting 3 Minors In Benue / 45-Year-Old Woman Raped, Killed In Ondo Community / Hakeem Odumosu To Hold Area Commanders And DPOs Accountable For Police Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.