Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos (13744 Views)

Five Fulani Herds­men Kidnapped In Abia Community / How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday / Ndowa Laale Son Kidnapped (UNIPORT VC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by aloyemeka1: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2011
fstranger3:

He was never arrested at UI

His car was set ablaze, but he eventually escaped.

Check your facts omo Ibo

Mumu; What's the meaning of arrest?. He was barricaded and trapped inside the university premises by UI students for hours. Is that not arrest or do you think arresting someone is only when the police put handcuffs on them?.

I forgot to add that the man is also a scarfaced dwarf.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by maballack(m): 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
@bluetooth its obviously clear to me now that you are just speaking ~rather thinking from your anus
If with all that has been said, how does been in charge of a car distrbution unit to nigeria and its environs , is it one car, that was a gift for abacha , he was already made , and just turned out that his one good turn deserved more billions when abacha entered , even the reincarnate of abiola would agree to this

so please stop spewing rubbish, slow poke !, roger d@
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by aloyemeka1: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2011
hbrednic:

Crook or no crook, the kidnappers must release the kid unharmed,
nobody deserves to be kidnapped.

They've released the boy after collecting a N60M ransom instead of the N200M they requested.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by rhymz(m): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2011
Never heard of the man before
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Reference(m): 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

so that car alone was able to make him a billionaire in the 70's ?

that guy made his wealth from Abacha !

All these back and forth quarrels do no good. Kidnapping is wrong but we should realise that it is a situation fostered by corruption and misrule started and institutionalised in the seventies when our mystery men Arisekola and yes MKO were both moving up in the society.

They were both self made men in the seventies but became recognised billionaires under government patronage starting from the very questionable late head of state Murtala Muhammed. And when you learn of the ways and means, the lives lost and destinies affected to bring these 'highly exalted' men into their fabulous wealth and good fortune then you have the exact definition of the term monumental corruption. Believe you me it was bad then. What we see in today has most of its roots in such things way back then. It was said of one of the two that he 'opened the eyes' of the khaki boys. That in itself kept certain players in government until they were forced from power.

I've said it a number of times, when the real history of this country is written we may be a bit fairer to the military and perhaps not so much to the tail that perpetually wagged the dog.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by baksonlee: 2:56am On Feb 26, 2011
There's no way Arisekola could be richer than Abiola!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by ideylaff: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2011
so that car alone was able to make him a billionaire in the 70's ?

that guy made his wealth from Abacha !

Abiola MKO was lousy and loud with his money so thats why we were so myopic growing up thinking he was the richest Yoruba Man,

In the 70's during the civil war when Murtala Mohammed broke into a Bank and had cash removed from the vaults, it was Arisekola they could trust with the money, not MKO,

Arisekola introduced MKO to Murtala Mohammed back then, that is when MKO started to make money, as am ITT VP he was only on Salary that's all. Abiola started to make money through his friendship with Murtala Mohammed. Whem MKO sponsors 1 person to Uni we all hear but we don't know, when Arisekola sponsors Thousands to UNI, he has bn doing it for years

I know both Families from point A to B , lets leave it at that,
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2011
It is only in Nigeria where someone will get contracts without due diligence but rather through a corruption-ridden network, supply mostly inferior and inadequate products/services at inflated multiples of cost figures that a fraction of is more than enough to deliver the intended ideal quality product/services the contract needs, becomes a multi-millionaire/billionaire from this crookedness, shows a little bit of benevolence to the starving and suffering populace of the nation he robbed/cheated by his actions of corruption (people that would have not needed his benevolence in a sane and uncorrupt society) and some will say because of this he is a nice person that must be eulogised for his "generosity" and he did nothing wrong.  undecided

F me, Sister Joan!

Ridiculous! Nigeria is really a country with tons of people with a fcked up mentality.

I hope the kidnappers get millions if not billions from him without having to hurt the son.

Milk the mofo dry!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by deols(f): 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2011
well,d point is Arisekola made his money b4 Abacha's regime, augmented it during it nd is very Generous, Ibadan pple dont speak ill of d man, at least not anymore or not as before,
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sweetnecta: 2:10am On Feb 27, 2011
@hardbody; « #87 on: February 25, 2011, 04:18 PM »
[Quote]This guy wowo no be small. See the dark mark on his forehead where he has been bangin' the hard concrete at least 5 times a day. I am sure they will pay something substantial for his release and they will announce to the public that they negotiated his freedom without paying a dime, and yes, the payment will be made with government money, i assure you.[/Quote]the dark mark is called sajdah or sujjud mark. It is a privilege and not every muslim gets it. muslims do not bang the hard concrete when they pray. considering that he has plenty of naira, he can at least afford a good persian or turkish rug, instead of the man with not so much naira. yet he has this sajdah mark while the poor man does not. he doesnt have your personal ego that prevents your non-wowo guy from prostrating your face.

while i am not arisekola's fan, I knew him well enough at cooperative bank through daily meeting at deposit time [when his business was at its infancy]. i found the lister motor's chairman to be very gentle, shy and friendly, if not truly respective [a thin/skinny if you will slender man], with over sized gold necklace on his neck, he at least stuck it out, believing in his Creator, worshiping him devotedly. it was the gold necklace i didn't like then and thank God Almighty that he stopped wearing it.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by jaybee3(m): 3:30am On Feb 27, 2011
ideylaff:

Abiola MKO was lousy and loud with his money so thats why we were so myopic growing up thinking he was the richest Yoruba Man,

In the 70's during the civil war when Murtala Mohammed broke into a Bank and had cash removed from the vaults, it was Arisekola they could trust with the money, not MKO,

Arisekola introduced MKO to Murtala Mohammed back then, that is when MKO started to make money, as am ITT VP he was only on Salary that's all. Abiola started to make money through his friendship with Murtala Mohammed. Whem MKO sponsors 1 person to Uni we all hear but we don't know, when Arisekola sponsors Thousands to UNI, he has bn doing it for years

I know both Families from point A to B , lets leave it at that,

Super Gbam
Dude was a driver at the time of the civil war and that's how he came about his first real cash
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sagamite(m): 11:23am On Feb 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

while i am not arisekola's fan, I knew him well enough at cooperative bank through daily meeting at deposit time [when his business was at its infancy]. i found the lister motor's chairman to be very gentle, shy and friendly, if not truly respective [a thin/skinny if you will slender man], with over sized gold necklace on his neck, he at least stuck it out, believing in his Creator, worshiping him devotedly. it was the gold necklace i didn't like then and thank God Almighty that he stopped wearing it.

Was he believing in his Creator and worshipping him when inflating contracts?
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by deols(f): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2011
jay bee:

Super Gbam
Dude was a driver at the time of the civil war and that's how he came about his first real cash

just try listen to ur self, he was a driver nd Muritala, a president cld trust him wv dat kinda money??,
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by jaybee3(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2011
deols:

just try listen to your self, he was a driver nd Muritala, a president cld trust him wv dat kinda money??,

You don't have to believe me
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by deols(f): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2011
jay bee:

You don't have to believe me

OKAY. .LOL
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sweetnecta: 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2011
@Sagamite; « #108 on: Today at 11:23:55 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 02:10:04 AM

Was he believing in his Creator and worshiping him when inflating contracts?[quote][/Quote]i never said he was an angel, or less a prophet [as] or a first generation of believers [ra]. i am happy that he stopped wearing the gold necklace, anyhow.

a believer is a person who believes. being a muslim, when he does evil he seeks repentance and then does good on top of it, hoping in forgiveness and mercy from God. May Allah forgives him and all muslims and guides into islam those people who sincerely long for Him.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sagamite(m): 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

a believer is a person who believes. being a muslim, when he does evil he seeks repentance and then does good on top of it, hoping in forgiveness and mercy from God. May Allah forgives him and all muslims and guides into islam those people who sincerely long for Him.

So he can steal millions, ask for forgiveness from God and give thousands in charity and then he is forgiven?

Ludicrous!

No wonder I don't believe in any of the religions. undecided What a joke!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by deols(f): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
Sagamite:

So he can steal millions, ask for forgiveness from God and give thousands in charity and then he is forgiven?

Ludicrous!

No wonder I don't believe in any of the religions. undecided What a joke!

d'u mean dat u wldnt forgive ur children(if or wen u av dem), wife, family members or friends wen dey offend u, ask for forgiveness nd do something good in atoning 4 deir wrong
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sagamite(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2011
deols:

d'u mean dat u wldnt forgive your children(if or wen u av dem), wife, family members or friends wen dey offend u, ask for forgiveness nd do something good in atoning 4 deir wrong

I would forgive them if they did not know what they were doing was wrong.

Failing that, I would forgive them if they did an intentional wrong ONCE, not multiple times and then repeatedly asking for forgiveness.

Them failing in not doing what they know was wrong and evil, I will forgive them if they did their best to atone by returning ALL the residual benefits from the intentional wrong-doings that they can realistically identify, quantify and give back altruistically without any reservations.

Not giving peanuts and enjoying the majority of the benefits of their evil acts repeatedly, doing it again and then coming back for forgiveness. That is rubbish!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by deols(f): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2011
Sagamite:

I would forgive them if they did not know what they were doing was wrong.

Failing that, I would forgive them if they did an intentional wrong ONCE, not multiple times and then repeatedly asking for forgiveness.

Them failing in not doing what they know was wrong and evil, I will forgive them if they did their best to atone by returning ALL the residual benefits from the intentional wrong-doings that they can realistically identify, quantify and give back altruistically without any reservations.

Not giving peanuts and enjoying the majority of the benefits of their evil acts repeatedly, doing it again and then coming back for forgiveness. That is rubbish!

That is how it works in Islam too. One of the conditions that guarantee you forgiveness is that you do not go back to commit those sins after asking. God is however merciful. But, the fact that you aren't sure if You'd benefit from that mercy will keep you away from the sin after asking for forgiveness.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Sagamite(m): 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2011
deols:

That is how it works  in Islam too. One of the conditions that guarantee you forgiveness is that you do not go back to commit those sins after asking. God is however merciful. But, the fact that you aren't sure if You'd benefit from that mercy will keep you away from the sin after asking for forgiveness.

So my point stands then. He was not believing in his Creator and worshipping him when inflating contracts.

He is a mere crook and no one should lamely come here and try and eulogise him as some benevolent, gentleman and nice being. Typical of failed-mentality Nigerians.

A crook that destroys lives and needs to suffer.

An arsewipe!
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by biilwwu(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@hardbody; « #87 on: February 25, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Pls learn to how respect.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by biilwwu(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@hardbody; « #87 on: February 25, 2011, 04:18 PM »the dark mark is called sajdah or sujjud mark. It is a privilege and not every muslim gets it. muslims do not bang the hard concrete when they pray. considering that he has plenty of naira, he can at least afford a good persian or turkish rug, instead of the man with not so much naira. yet he has this sajdah mark while the poor man does not. he doesnt have your personal ego that prevents your non-wowo guy from prostrating your face.

Learn how to respect.

Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2011
[/quote][quote author=jay bee link=topic=611741.msg7808332#msg7808332 date=1298773829]
Super Gbam

Another beer parlour crap talk.

Arisekola was a very successful merchant dealing in wholesale of Gamalin 20 as at 1967-69. By 1972 he had more than 50 cars on hire purchase for taxi drivers in Ibadan.

Get your facts right
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by fstranger3(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2011
JJay1:

Arisekola was a very successful merchant dealing in wholesale of Gamalin 20 as at 1967-69. By 1972 he had more than 50 cars on hire purchase for taxi drivers in Ibadan.

Get your facts right

So how did come about his first capital?
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
JJay1:

Get your facts right

i concur. . . . . .he supplied all the datsun cabs in ibadan and the whole of west african region in the 70s. he has been a billionaire before abacha or ibb ever dreamt of becoming military rulers. of course, he made more money in the ibb regime(ecomog), and abacha regime(cash donations) but he was very comfortable before those mallams came to power.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by jaybee3(m): 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^
This same man and ma mum grew up together in IB.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2011
jay bee:

^^^
This same man and ma mum grew up together in IB.

for real? you better go back to ibadan and get this man to sort you out with government contracts. arisekola is the most generous human being on the planet.
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
fstranger3:

So how did come about his first capital?

Ordinarily this question should be ignored, or at least refer you to Arisekola's biographers cumpersonal assistants and secretaries: 'cause you simply must nail a man with something just to hang him.

However, it is on record that one of his friends set him up in Gamalin business in 1967 with 300 pounds as capital, after which the British manager of ICI (Imperial Chemical International) gave him a 3,000 pounds credit facility which was subsequently increased to 21,000 pounds by 1970. Mind you 21,000 pounds is still a big nmoney in today's terms, now think of what that amount of money could buy 40 years ago! Ojukwu's father was possibly the richest man in Nigeria around that time and Ojukwu, in his biography, mentioned that his dad built a high rise in the most expensive part of Lagos that period for about 20,000 pounds, now let me bring your mind to the present day looking at the NPV Net present value of money (21,000); how much do you think a high rise would cost in Victoria Island - an empty plot of land in Banana Island is N1billion!

Many people know that  Oba Otudeko is his closest friend and associate (they jointly own lion share of First Bank and many other blue chips like former Econet etc) but didnt know that Otudeko was actually the branch manager ( later MD) of Cooperative Bank in Ibadan where Arisekola had his business accounts then and availed him a lot of credit facilities thereby making his business grow bigger over time

Again, go check your facts before you join the 'pull him down' bandwagon
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by JJay1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
Re: Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos by Cougar2: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
JJay1:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/politics/11854-with-p1m-budget-in-1959-awo-performed-wonders-arisekola-alao

thanks for this link. it's quite illuminating. this is a man that sold 17% of the total vehicles in nigeria in the 70s and people are still bent in thinking he made his money via abacha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

45-Year-Old Woman Raped, Killed In Ondo Community / Have You Heard Of Oke-ite Charm? Do You Know What It's All About? / Hakeem Odumosu To Hold Area Commanders And DPOs Accountable For Police Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.