Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

"Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos (37447 Views)

Truck Drivers Protest At Upper Iweka, Onitsha Over Accident Caused By Touts / Woman Stopped At German Airport After Husband's Bones Were Found In Her Luggage / Cheap Hotel Close To The U.S. Consulate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Happy2020: 9:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
Trust me, you can stand there with a sign until you drop dead. Those Germans don’t give AF about you. Matter of fact, they don’t want any Africans in their country.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Eniolakiite(f): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
Interesting. One thing is we can't compare Nigeria to other African countries. Nigerians travel abroad more and Nigeria is highly populated. Most of all, a pandemic is going on. Most countries are just being careful.

By the way, Here is my new video smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSnfWGux9d8

1 Like

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Farki: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
Nigerians and bitterness, here we see someone being denied the chance to improve their lives and fools on this forum are busy insulting them, talking about their clothes, calling them prostitutes, talking about protesting other problems.

Why do we hate ourselves so much, no wonder any sensible person with the means to do so wants to leave this place as soon as possible. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Farki: 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
Happy2020:
Trust me, you can stand there with a sign until you drop dead. Those Germans don’t give AF about you. Matter of fact, they don’t want any Africans in their country.

Other African countries were given their dates, why must Nigeria be different?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
SegFault:

Abegii, the country still better pass this shithole wey get tribal bigotry and other terrible and obscene rubbish that are passed as normal.

That is exactly what I am saying now, 1000% better than Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Jaqenhghar: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
larryking540:
we just need to build our own country by our selves , build our own school to standard ,and make it attractive for foreigners to attend,and they pay the fees tru their nose also ,

since everyone in the world is restricting nigeria from traveling ,we just have to do the needful and develop our country
How do you propose we do that?
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by meobizy(f): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
As students I find it funny that they are ignorant regarding the Coronavirus lockdown.

Education is tourism after all. Without it I won’t know the feel of a white woman’s thighs or a white woman’s love. Where I wan find that one for Naija where everybody resemble me.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
DaddyGngeess:

That is exactly what I am saying now, 1000% better than Nigeria.
OK, good to know we on the same page.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by captianfreeman(m): 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
Na by force? Uniben is there, OAU is there,UI is there.
Why kill yourself because of oyinbo man country!
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by rockyh(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
ednut1:
Its a privilege not a right. They may even use this one to deny you guys visa.
then tuition fees should also be a privilege not a right
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by larryking540: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

How do you propose we do that?

others have done it before ,and we can follow their part ,and while following theirs we learn from their previous mistake and avoid the mistakes ,...

if our education system was okay,tell me why will a parent spend so much money or risk the security of her child to school abroad ? ...
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Daejoyoung: 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
rockyh:
Public schools in most part of Germany charge no tuition fee.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
captianfreeman:
Na by force? Uniben is there, OAU is there,UI is there.
Why kill yourself because of oyinbo man country!
and after graduating from those shitholes what comes next?

1 Like

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by themaestro08(m): 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
larryking540:
we just need to build our own country by our selves , build our own school to standard ,and make it attractive for foreigners to attend,and they pay the fees tru their nose also ,

since everyone in the world is restricting nigeria from traveling ,we just have to do the needful and develop our country

There are lot of things we ain't doing right, ya know. We must fix these things for other countries to take us seriously.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by BethRhema(m): 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Why go to Germany while I can give you admission to a foreign University.

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by planetx: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Protesting to go to another man's country? You people are not serious.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by ednut1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
rockyh:
its not paid to the embassy na
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by edoairways: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
sigiyaya:
Lets be honest to ourselves; If you are Germans would like to have Nigerians in your country
Are all Nigerians bad?
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by codemaniacs: 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
zz
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by revolt(m): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
Very stupid.. Germany has np obligation to nigerians ....if we built our home we wouldn't be rejected

Protests should be done in abuja....infront of aso rock
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by iamjavadem(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
Gbam. Instead of wailing.
larryking540:

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
This is totally wrong. Their country their rules. With this kind of protest, the German consulate in Nigeria would think there is another motive behind going to Germany for studies.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by captianfreeman(m): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
SegFault:

and after graduating from those shitholes what comes next?
From which of the shithole did the man ruling you now graduated from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
You dey mind them. Only 11 African countries are allowed to enter EU countries and no West African country is among.
martineverest:
u are expecting them to grant u visas when European Union listed Nigeria and other countries as red flagged Corona countries?
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by chaloskyx: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
ITS TOURISM BECAUSE YOU GUYS REFUSE TO COME BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER STUDYING....YOU MOST TIME TRY TO SETTLE THERE AND THEY OWE YOU NOTHING IF THEY DONT WANT YOU OR YOUR MONEY GO TO UNILAG
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
captianfreeman:

From which of the shithole did the man ruling you now graduated from?
His educational certificates are held with suspicion, besides who are the fools that voted such a lifeless and worthless being into power?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Timilehin6: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
WHO ELSE WANTS TO KNOW THE SIDE HUSTLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS*
Hi,
My name is Timi and in this article,I am going to show you how Commercial Banks are making legit money from *_You_* and *_I_* each day.
But I can show you how this money can be diverted into your Bank accounts if you are going to read this to the very end.
It might interest you to know that every *_N100_* airtime you buy from your Bank,they make *_N5_*.Same applies for *_Data_*.
Now let's *_assume_* your Bank has *_1million customers_* and as I am typing this,all of them buy *_N100 airtime now_*,here is your Bank's profit within *_20mins_*
*_N5 x 1,000,000=5million naira_*
Now if my guess is right you are thinking about how you will benefit.Oya let's go�
�Registration Bonus
�It is Diversified I.e you benefit in the 3 major ways
�VTU Commission
�Monthly Leadership Bonus
�You get to work from Home.
Register now before reg prices goes up and get started by text or call on 08038134854.
Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Sagay212: 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Instead of protesting, tell your fellow nigerians to stop abusing their visas. They give you Visa to stay for a certain period and then you disappear and begin to constitute nuisance in another man's country. They know that student visa you are claiming is an opportunity for you to abscound and never return to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by martineverest(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
Gaddafithe2nd:
You dey mind them. Only 11 African countries are allowed to enter EU countries and no West African country is among.
those protesters unknowingly gave the embassy clues they they are Nigerians that want to use education as a means of getting to Germany..the real students knows they can't travel now cos of corona.even German and European universities are yet to resume

2 Likes

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by MINORU: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Blame the hause and the yourbas for destorying Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Although, I agree that a visa is a privilege not right, there is nothing wrong in them protesting after all their Indian counterparts are lobbying Indian lawmakers to press the German government regarding the backlogs of visa appointments. However, what I observed is how Germany became a popular student destination. Ten years ago, this wasn't so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Education Is Not Tourism": Nigerian Students Protest At German Consulate Lagos by wildikeman(m): 12:02am On Sep 15, 2020
Na this one Nigeria go see to protest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident At Ibaka Market Akoko In Ondo Kills Many (Graphic Photos) / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park / Work Begins At The New 10-Lane Lagos Airport Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.