Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo (43191 Views)

Why We Can’t Extend Voters Registration – INEC / Melaye To Tinubu: You Are Shaking, You Can't Rule A Country That Is Shaking / Kano Crowd To Tinubu: You Are Our Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by RPG2020(m): 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
360degreess:
Time shall tell. Hope you won't start shouting and crying that you been rigged after Saturday?

And after losing the election we will send him back to France to go and answer some questions

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by donprinyo(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
EDO is now IPOB. yeye Yoruba muslims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by tfelicityk(m): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2020
It is a political gimmicks used by obaseki to get attention and sympathy of the Edo people to vote for him...

The elites in Edo state knows what they want... Keep godfatherism matter aside and work on your strategies...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by favor914: 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2020
RPG2020:

And after losing the election we will send him back to France to go and answer some questions

Thank you
Very funny indeed grin
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by NGpatriot: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
Edo Poll: Obaseki, 7 APC Govs Meet Tinubu

Vanguard reports that the meeting was held behind closed doors at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

It was also gathered that apart Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State, who is chairman of the Progressives Governors’ Forum, other governors present at the meeting included Governors Rotimi Akeredolu (Ondo), Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos) and Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano).

Though the details of the meeting were not disclosed, it was gathered that the embattled governor of Edo State, Obaseki, who was also at the closed-door meeting, approached Tinubu to prevail on his estranged godfather, Adams Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the APC, to allow him to secure a second term.

https://247newsaroundtheworld.com/africa/edo-poll-obaseki-7-apc-govs-meet-tinubu/

The same Obaseki traveled all the way to Lagos to prostrate and beg the same Tinubu the godfather for support less than 3 months ago.

When losers are confronting failure, they get desperate and start shouting godfather..

Tinubu is not your problem, the people of Edo stat that you failed are your problem.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2020
Primitive loyalty is the bane of Nigerian youths.
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
emkz:
Obaseki shouldn't have responded. Do you wonder why Tinubu said this at the election week and not before? Obaseki should have allowed Wike or Atiku to respond. These gimmicks are meant to distract him and they are working.

Oshiomole was Buhari and Tinubu's candidate and Obaseki openly challenged him, which is equivalent to challenging the President and Tinubu. He also insulted Tinubu by saying Edo is not Lagos. He further insulted the President by announcing his resignation from APC at the Presidential villa. That said, win or lose, Obaseki needs to make peace with Tinubu, Oshiomole and co. If he loses on Saturday, that is the end of his political career and international appointments. I feel for him. Oshiomole, hate him or love him, is a dogged fighter and has never lost any battle in his professional life. This election would either further mystify him or totally demystify. The stakes are too high.
At the end,the masses suffer
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by SarkinYarki: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
favor914:
How much is it to dig bore hole in Ikoyi & Victoria Island that is surrounded by water?

You don't even know the difference between potable pipe borne water And Borehole water ..most homes in LAGOS rely on bad borehole water and that's not the way it's supposed to be

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by ikorodureporta: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
If this guy shl win the election, he wl become a very powerful force in this country
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Kingspin(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Obaseki capitalising on the support of ipob pigs.

Time will tell. cheesy
Edo people don't deserve Kogi treatment
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by janeedema(f): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
How you forget:

Now, let me ask:

What happened tro Ambode after he succumbed to walking with his godfather to sell Sanwo Olu?

Let me help you answer, as you obviously have forgotten.

Ambode still went into oblivion.

An Edo man will fight to the death, which is way more noble than ass licking. They are no cowards.

And let this be known: even if Obaseki loses at the poll, he has left an indelible mark in the sands of time.

uote author=emkz post=93955012]Obaseki shouldn't have responded. Do you wonder why Tinubu said this at the election week and not before? Obaseki should have allowed Wike or Atiku to respond. These gimmicks are meant to distract him and they are working.

Oshiomole was Buhari and Tinubu's candidate and Obaseki openly challenged him, which is equivalent to challenging the President and Tinubu. He also insulted Tinubu by saying Edo is not Lagos. He further insulted the President by announcing his resignation from APC at the Presidential villa. That said, win or lose, Obaseki needs to make peace with Tinubu, Oshiomole and co. If he loses on Saturday, that is the end of his political career and international appointments. I feel for him. Oshiomole, hate him or love him, is a dogged fighter and has never lost any battle in his professional life. This election would either further mystify him or totally demystify. The stakes are too high. [/quote]
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
ZenithMan24:

Time shall tell how ? To mean you're throwing your support right ?

I don't know what's wrong with some blacks or Africans. Sth seem to be fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian Africans.

To see that your perception goes this way and you still root for this same class of people is sickening without hope of healing.

I may not support any politician in Nigeria cos they never act like they are worthy to be discussed of a human who knows where he is going : infact I'm indifferent. But that doesn't mean one wouldn't or isn't to use his or her reason and cognitive sense expected of a human. And that' should basically mean to support what the PDP fellow represented in that approach towards the other creature.

His statement is genuine and more to be lauded for being against godfatherism. And it becomes pertinent seeing that that was and is a cancer to any nation; as it has been to Nigeria now which now looks like sh*t.

Una no get future - and no ever want to get future ?

See as the country look like.

In this 21st century ? In this era ?

Just look at.

It's been said (or at least a rumour or faulty postulation) that in about 10years time rapture is to happen. And na so naija go still dey do till e happen ?

So till Jesus comes the second time , naija no go still improve from this sh*try thing e be ? So naija go still dey laik this till Christ come second time ?

Naa Waah !

I see people
What do you expect from people who are primitively loyal.
Its a fundamental problem.
When you hear Nigeria is a failed state,do you think its only the leaders?
The followers are worse
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Sunnyja: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
OPPPS:
But you went to Lagos to seek for his support few months ago. Truly 3 credits Outgoing MoU Gov has no memory
I know you will prefer an acid pouring cultist to an MOU governor!
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Sodeeq1997: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
Property for sale @elebu oluyole extension ibadan......... DM. 08105104826

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Sunnyja: 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
danilmo:

It has it advantage and disadvantage. Take Lagos for example. i think I love Lagos type of Godfatherism. Shey we noe criticise Lagos for not becoming the likes of newyork and co, meaning Lagos has grown past Nigeria level, the development was masterly planned and I give kudos to Lagos godfathers..

wait till dangote refinery start working and paying tax to Lagos.

today Lagos is talking about annual budget of 1.2trillion while states that could come close was talking of 250b.. man give it to Lagos abeg.. Respect to Tinubu.. its an insult to say Edo no b Lagos.. was edo ever lagos? Lagos na ur mate ? I wish I have proactive political giant like Lagos in my state..
Lagos is a former federal capital city. Lagos development didn't start from Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by janeedema(f): 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
Well spoken.

I don't live in Edo, but have followed proceedings closely.

His debate with Ize Iyamu revealed his heart for his people. A man of few words, articulate, well vast, composed, coordinated, and intelligent.

The hallmarks of a true leader.

I just sense he means well.

All the best at the polls, governor.

author=Preacherrr post=93956447]Oshiomole has never lost any battle in his professional career indeed! What of the one he lost when he was sacked from work(apc national chairman). His sacking was influenced by ward chairman. The one he will loose this Saturday will help cement the fact that Oshiomole is not above defeat, especially when he tries to stop a man whom appears to have been hand picked by God to rule Edo state at such a time as this. Tinubu too will get to understand the true meaning of Edo no be Lagos after this election. Nigeria as a nation needs the emergence of more politicians like Obaseki for this nation to move forward. Sentiment apart, if you live here in Edo state you will know Obaseki means well for the state. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Kindledlight(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
loopman:
Hahahahaha Tinubu hardly speak like this, for him to have spoken openly in this fashion, just take it OBASGONE will happen

Obasgone will be gone into obscurity in matter of days and Ipob pigs will move on like nothing happened grin cheesy

Exactly,i was surprised when i saw him on tv this morning.

Obaseki pissed off a lot of people in the party apart from those fighting Oshiomole because of 2019 and 2023 elections.

Remember Chief Bisi Akande led party members to the state to profer solutions to the crisis then and even NASS but Obaseki shunned them.

So Obaseki has a lot of scores to settle on Saturday.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by danilmo: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
Sunnyja:
Lagos is a former federal capital city. Lagos development didn't start from Tinubu.

I hope calabar and abuja are currently Lagos mate?

if u see good thing please appreciate , wish for it and stop beating about the bush..

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Ori12: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2020
The fear of Tinubu is d beginning of wisdom to Obaseki.Jagaban is given u sleepiness time,Obaseki abi ? U have just started
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by bilulu(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

Time will tell. cheesy
And Ize Iyamu is banking on FG, Police, Soldiers, vote buying and thugs
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Philipponzaghi: 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
larryking540:

only during his first tenure he did well ,but second tenure,e started paying the debt of the election he wan to the god father's

Why did he not pay his debt in the first tenure?

Does it even make any sense to you?

If he has a Godfather that he need to pay debt to, will The Godfather gamble his money and wait for him to repay back in the second term when re-election is not always guaranteed?

You guys and your rubbish yarn!
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by NGpatriot: 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
I remember the moment Ambode called the kiss of death news conference, that was when he jumped the shark and lost the election even before the day of the election itself.

Obaseki did the same thing many times over from insulting PMB with his resignation from the APC and not openly going after Tinubu.

Obaseki is a slow and lazy learner...

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by frank417: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
emkz:

Please, oppose my submission with intelligence. If you don't have any, read and move on. Someone else opposed my submission with an intelligent rebuttal (scroll up). Try and do the same, it would show you are not as dumb as you write.
Lmao!!

The only dumb person here is you that comment without adequate knowledge. You just go on public forums to show your ignorance and stupidity.

Keep commenting dumbo! grin grin

Done with you cool
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by NGpatriot: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

Time will tell. cheesy

And you know what they say about that.

When Igbos are your main supporters and cheerleaders, you are doomed and set for grand failure.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by emkz: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2020
frank417:

Lmao!!

The only dumb person here is you that comment without adequate knowledge. You just go on public forums to show your ignorance and stupidity.

Keep commenting dumbo! grin grin

Done with you cool

If I am dumb and you commented on something written by a dumb man, does that not make you a dumber man? Do you see intelligent people conversing with dumb people?
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by RPG2020(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2020
favor914:
Very funny indeed grin

Okay na the matter go shock you

Thank you
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by rontolo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
360degreess:
Time shall tell. Hope you won't start shouting and crying that you been rigged after Saturday?

If it’s rigged by dubious APC rogues like Tinubu and Gandollar, then he had every right to complain.
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by olajide8(m): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo by Ibechris2: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ambode would been have crying by now...sometimes it is good to fight even if it means losing the battle.

Obaseki has fought a good fight,meaning Edo no be Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Appointment Of Saratu Atta By Ghanaian President-Elect / Police Arrest & Parade 14 Invaders Of Justice Odili's Home / Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.