Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Thirsty For The Things Of GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thirsty For The Things Of GOD (142 Views)

The Beautiful Things Of Easter / The Beautiful Things Of Easter / Signs That Someone Is Thirsty For Revival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thirsty For The Things Of GOD by MistadeRegal(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2020
You may wonder why Moses requested such from GOD or think what Way of GOD asked he of? Or do you think Moses does not know what he was demanding of GOD by fervent, pressure and tactical words?

Exodus 33:13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

GOD granted Moses' wish because GOD knows what Moses was asking for. So, GOD proved to Moses he had found grace in His sight and also confirmed the people were GOD'S people:

Exodus 33:14, 17 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

And when our LORD JESUS CHRIST came, He said:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If then Moses knew that GOD has a Way but which He hasn't revealed to the world as of that old of a time, do you think he does not know that there is a personality of GOD known as the Way?

After getting the assurance of receiving this grace from GOD, Moses requested more difficult things, GOD'S glory which you may think it's just glory but right inside, Moses was asking for something else:

Exodus 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

GOD knew but still granted it but with a certain reaction:
Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Moses asked to see the face of GOD, not just the glory. And when the Way the Rock came, He said:

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Exodus 33:20-23 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

When our LORD JESUS CHRIST came, He said: Matthew 7:24-25, Matthew 16:18, Luke 20:17-18.

And the Holy Bible said further:
1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

And JESUS CHRIST said:
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

We shall be filled with the things of GOD when we thirst for them. It is the promise of our LORD unto us.
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Full Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional For Sun, 27th Sept 2020 / How To Sustain Anything (part 1) / The Blood Of Jesus Death On The Cross Alone Brings Forgiveness Of Human Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.