Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,975 members, 7,952,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) (50775 Views)

7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped / 3-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Yaba, Lagos (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by LadyExcellency: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2020
Omihanifa:
This is really sad angry

Judging from the second pix, that building is already soaked and the engineer shouldn't have allowed any work to be going on there

Substandard materials and abnormal concrete mixtures ratios are the problem.

Standard Bridges have pillars submerged in water but don't cillapse

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by UDUJ(m): 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2020
In a bid to save costs, people employ the services of quacks to build their homes just because they feel paying an architect will be too expensive. These professions are there for a reason. To get the building approval of anything bigger than a bungalow you need the architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical drawings and calculation sheets approved. Great work is put in by these professionals to ensure the structural integrity of the final structure.

But trust Nigerians always wanting the quick and cheapest way out. This is the end result of that negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2020
Omihanifa:
This is really sad angry

Judging from the second pix, that building is already soaked and the engineer shouldn't have allowed any work to be going on there
A building with green mosses and fungi formation on it.
All great soaked old brick ought to be removed and replaced with new ones.
What a crappy engineer.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2020
cool[color=#770077][/color]
it is a pity
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2020
Omihanifa:
This is really sad angry

A building with green mosses and fungi formation on it.

All GREEN soaked old brick ought to be removed and replaced with new ones.
What a crappy engineer.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by simplexvi: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2020
Engineers should maintain standard.. I advice people to mould their blocks than buying from industry, however, I think the design load was not carefully studied.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Sholaco: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2020
Useless people, must they build an upstairs?
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by fortune1968: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2020
Substandard materials . Corruption has finished this country . And nobody is in charge !
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2020
Awol1:
This niggur is serving a living God!

And the ones that died? GOD intentionally allowed them to die?

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Miracle1991: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2020
Effect of fake building materials. May the departed souls rest in peace. May the sellers of this fake building materials because of greed die a painful dead.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2020
sad Only sand.No cement.Dey should hang the supervisor/Engr in charge.Dey don sell person cement/the owner manage am like dat

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:

No. The heads of regulatory agencies should be jailed each time a building fails. That might wake them up to do their jobs.

They never do their jobs... They will spot these defaulters who will in turn pay them off. This is what happens in every sector of this nation, even health and food!!!
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by mujaya1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
Biafra and fake, product
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Abagworo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
What keeps baffling me is how our fathers and grandfathers were able to build thousands of highrise buildings even with then less educated apprentice Engineers yet almost zero incidences. RIP to the death and I somehow believe our present day Engineers are experts at cutting corners.

5 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Willie2015: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2020
Awol1:
This niggur is serving a living God!

Dat Nigar is a cat with 9 lives...
His village people dey follow am...
Na God just dey commot am ...
At the last minute ....
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Bashirkareem31: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2020
loopman:
Rip to the unfortunate dead ones and quick recovery to those injured
haba,no death has been announced yet.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by UDUJ(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2020
Abagworo:
What keeps baffling me is how our fathers and grandfathers were able to build thousands of highrise buildings even with then less educated apprentice Engineers yet almost zero incidences. RIP to the death and I somehow believe our present day Engineers are experts at cutting corners.

The answer is simple: In those days Nigerians were disciplined and law abiding. Corruption was lesser and artisans did not have to cut corners. We are now living in a highly corrupt and lawless society.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Slynation(m): 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2020
Awol1:

Don't start!

Who's your Governor?

Make we start from there...
You mustn't react... This ain't time for competition, nawa oO, most negative things in SE are virtually related to Abia state... But here you are trying to put up a defense....

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Willie2015: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2020
sesan85:

Yeah, and the dead ones must have been serving a dead God. Christian logic.

God saves who he choose to save...
It is not our place to question Gods choice and motive...
For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.”
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by lekki1444: 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2020
this why i hate highrise buildings. i can only live in bungalow. only 1 layer will crash on me if it does.. i can survive just one layer but imagine a 10 story building crashing on you ? no hope. with just one layer i can dig myself out easily
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2020
4tomandchi:
Even if Biafra is declared I wonder how long it will last before it collapse to the ground.

Na by force to build storey building?
Buildings collapse in every major city in Nigeria where storey buildings are prevalent.
Lagos is No 1.
There is a deep proliferation of quacks in Nigeria.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Emyzoloye5(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2020
what a world..... avoidable deaths
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by izubext007: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2020
ABA made
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by sesan85(m): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2020
Willie2015:

God saves who he choose to save...
It is not our place to question Gods choice and motive...
For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.”

Bleep your God!
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Bewiseedet(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2020
Papa na hustling them go, help them.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Skymason20(m): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2020
this country nor balance.. and were the hell is kerosene governor and his housing / ubans doing
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2020
Willie2015:

Dat Nigar is a cat with 9 lives...
His village people dey follow am...
Na God just dey commot am ...
At the last minute ....

You talk like u know him.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by richiepolymer(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2020
What do you expect?
When quacks handle
building construction projects,
When the contractor cuts costs and delivers poot job just to line his pockets,
When the suppliers supply fake materials, you need to see the so called blocks...you won't wish your enemy to use them...
When the regulatory and monitoring agencies would rather collect bribes instead of protecting peoples lives?

If we keep deceiving ourselves that greed, corruption and unpatriotic behavior is not killing us then there's no hope.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by harmony75: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2020
omg � �
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by urchcoded(m): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Condolences..

All over the World it's the Same Destructions...
Collaspe Buildings, Floodings, Earthquakes etc

These Events hitting the Earth are way beyond Government..

These are Heavy Perilous times..

In all you Do! Ensure you Live Prepared for Eternity!
Tomorrow is Not Promised..

if you first me die I'll copy this ur bullshit an post.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) by Isodube36: 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2020
see below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Man Turns His House To Swimming Pool After Heavy Flood / Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? / The World's Best Architecture And Interior Designs Of 2021 ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.