Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity (104178 Views)

US Billionaire Fulfills Dream – To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity / Banking Sector Records Transactions Worth N32.48 Trillion In Q1, 2018 – NBS / Philanthropy: Charles Francis Feeney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by trutht828: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2020
AdeniyiA:
He's had an encounter with Jesus..

Luke 18:22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Mark 8:36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

He may not even be a Christian
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by enemyofprogress: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2020
That girl called charity is a very lucky girl. People are always giving her things and I don’t know why
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by yYot: 8:03am On Sep 18, 2020
Denique:

The children of the cofounder of Nike are just your average Americans because their dad didn't leave much stocks for them. This was someone worth billions of dollars in his lifetime.

Charity is a good cause but we all strive to acquire this wealth to leave an inheritance or at the very least, A Life Starter Pack.

I'll give to the charity but will most definitely leave the chunk of it for my children. I didn't come this far to have them go through the process of starting afresh again. O wrong nau! Very wrong!!

Imagine a child who's accustomed to a lifestyle now having to start from the bottom because they were unable to maintain such all because "parent" wanted to be hero/heroine??.??! That's depression!! WTF?!!!

Why are you giving to charity in the first place? Isn't it because someone is financially unfit or needs the support at least?

Why put your children in such a precarious situation??. I can never understand it!

Any parent who does that is only but selfish— such an inconsiderate parent!
it seem your definition of success is me and my family alone! This mentality is the reason why African countries will keep having dysfunctional society!
Society is more important than a single family who just want to oppress their neighbours with wealth!

1 Like

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Billionnegro: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2020
NwaIgboBoy:
this is the last thing dangote will do

And you cant blame him can you even Dangote knows if he donates millions of $$$ to whichever charity in Nigeria - na the Ogas at the top will chop the money, and nothing will be used for what it is donated for
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Kingstanding: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2020
armadeo:
This is the real philanthropy.

I know I can never do this. Never. I will still hold like 1 billion dollars, not part with every cent.

For that reason I am in awe of this man.
. If you have lived in Europe or America and most especially living in white neighborhood area you will really believe that white are special made and that's why Jesus said by their fruits we shall know them. Tell me any black man that can do this?
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by francotunsco: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2020
Jaykrown:

Dumb Ass.. Do you still consider him a rich man?

With your poor manner of approach, I am not sure the combination of three generations before you and three generations after you in your family altogether can make $2 million, therefore, his poverty is relative to who we are comparing him with. Ode
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by davillian(m): 8:30am On Sep 18, 2020
Karleb:
Na to go open charity remain o. wink
Lmao...
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Denique(f): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2020
seguno2:

You give to charity so that your children and others don’t have to live in a shithole, but in a better environment overall, where attaining sustainable overall success is easier for everyone.
Have you gone through the list of his charitable donations?
I'm all for charity and
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Kaymaxine(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2020
AdeniyiA:
He's had an encounter with Jesus..

Luke 18:22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
Mark 8:36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Na religion dey kill us for this country!!!
I want to see all this so men of God sell their properties and give all the proceeds out!!!
The man is just a philanthropist... Simple!!!
I have never seen otedola upload a single picture and tag it "on my way to church" before, yet he bought 3 damn Ferraris in a fckn single day!!!
Christians are more stingy than most other religions!!!
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Kaycethesage(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2020
hahn:
Where's my own share?
work for it sire
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by FREEMONEY7(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2020
money is good!
cure your fibroid problem today

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by francanthony(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2020
Somebody just found out that wealth is in the mind rather than the value of earthly assets.
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Meksumnoiz(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2020
armadeo:
This is the real philanthropy.

I know I can never do this. Never. I will still hold like 1 billion dollars, not part with every cent.

For that reason I am in awe of this man.
he kept 2billion to himself
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by joelala(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2020
oshey assistant deputy angel Michael

AdeniyiA:
He's had an encounter with Jesus..[color=#000000][/color]

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Trybes(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2020
ayenale1:
He would have lend Nigeria the whole money.

The biggest mistake ever. They will simply steal and loot the money

1 Like

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by armadeo(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2020
Kingstanding:
. If you have lived in Europe or America and most especially living in white neighborhood area you will really believe that white are special made and that's why Jesus said by their fruits we shall know them. Tell me any black man that can do this?

I have.

They are just organized, not like they will pay your Bill's for you.

When everyone is comfortable, being nice and polite comes with the territory.

As for me I can do charity but not give every cent I own out. No way.
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by ferking(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2020
God bless the hand that gives and preserve the soul that insinuate kindness.may God save your soul my prayers
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by ORBLIGHTS(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2020
THESE ARE PEOPLE GOD IS HAPPY FOR GIVING EM MONEY... some pple made God regretted blessing em.

1 Like

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Explorers(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2020
Meksumnoiz:
he kept 2billion to himself

$2million, around N700million.
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Chudifab(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
Dis man sha. I knw I can't do dis I jus knw. What a world we living in
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Numero9: 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
[quote author=AdeniyiA post=93991179]He's had an encounter with Jesus..

[/quote

Wallai you nor get sense!
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by hahn(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Kaycethesage:
work for it sire

Do you know the meaning of charity?
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Poske95(m): 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
How blessed for one's dream to not choose Money.?!
He's om the last card.
Finding peace Here even before he's There.
... and with a wife who approved.

...way to go
God has all the glory
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Theophinio(m): 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2020
Incredible
Unheard-of
Guinness world book of record must document it immediately
Your reward await you in Heaven
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by xamuell: 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
Denique:

The children of the cofounder of Nike are just your average Americans because their dad didn't leave much stocks for them. This was someone worth billions of dollars in his lifetime.

Charity is a good cause but we all strive to acquire this wealth to leave an inheritance or at the very least, A Life Starter Pack.

I'll give to the charity but will most definitely leave the chunk of it for my children. I didn't come this far to have them go through the process of starting afresh again. O wrong nau! Very wrong!!

Imagine a child who's accustomed to a lifestyle now having to start from the bottom because they were unable to maintain such all because "parent" wanted to be hero/heroine??.??! That's depression!! WTF?!!!

Why are you giving to charity in the first place? Isn't it because someone is financially unfit or needs the support at least?

Why put your children in such a precarious situation??. I can never understand it!

We never know. He could have left something to the children, if any. The father's legacy has made a way for them. It's up to them to make something of it. I'm not saying that just because one had it hard the children have to but the cause he gave to could create more helpers to the society. The world is bigger than family alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by xamuell: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Denique:

speaking of which. Why all these inheritance hassle. Who says he left nothing to his children?
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Denique(f): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
xamuell:
We never know. He could have left something to the children, if any. The father's legacy has made a way for them. It's up to them to make something of it. I'm not saying that just because one had it hard the children have to but the cause he gave to could create more helpers to the society. The world is bigger than family alone.

I'm just hoping he willed enough to them too. I really would not like them to turn out to be another Nike cofounder's case...
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by eodavids(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
Explorers:
'He's a model for us all. It's going to take me 12 years after my death to get done what he's doing within his lifetime.'

Feeney left and Warren Buffett right.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8735943/Billionaire-Duty-Free-Shoppers-founder-broke-giving-away-8billion-fortune.html?ito=social-facebook

THERE ARE STILL GREAT MEN ALIVE TODAY.

THAT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE A BIBLE STORY.

THIS MAN HAS EVENTUALLY BECOME RICHER THAN HE CAN IMAGINE.

HE IS NOW RICH ON EARTH, IN PEOPLE'S HEARTS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: RICH IN HEAVEN.

GREAT MEN STILL WALKS OUR EARTH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by Kingdanfodio: 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
God will bless... What a legacy

2 Likes

Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by eodavids(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
ORBLIGHTS:
THESE ARE PEOPLE GOD IS HAPPY FOR GIVING EM MONEY... some pple made God regretted blessing em.

You aren't wrong.

Especially people that make good money and choose to sponsor terror against fellow humans with it
Re: Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity by eodavids(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
Kaymaxine:

Na religion dey kill us for this country!!!
I want to see all this so men of God sell their properties and give all the proceeds out!!!
The man is just a philanthropist... Simple!!!
I have never seen otedola upload a single picture and tag it "on my way to church" before, yet he bought 3 damn Ferraris in a fckn single day!!!
Christians are more stingy than most other religions!!!

Easy boss.
Don't be too hard on yourself.

The act of philanthropy is inspired by Christianity, then followed by other religions. You should know that when people approaches the end of their life, they think about their creator and make plans to meet Him in favour.

That man is the happiest man a life now.
Its a hidden wisdom. Babes won't understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.