Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? (826 Views)

How To Get Your Money Back When You Are Scammed Or After A Wrong Bank Transfer / How To Report To Nigerian Army, Cases Of Misbehavior, Abuse By Military Officers / Lagos Police Refuses To Issue Report To Man Who Narrowly Escaped Being Killed By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by Burstscam: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
The reaon why many scams happen is because the scammers got away with their previous scams. Have you wondered: who should I report to in the event that I am scammed? Going to the police station in your neighborhood could be daunting, but there are actually smart ways you could report. Will you get your money or other valuables back if you report? Why should you even report? Let’s answer some salient questions.

Will I get my money back if I report?

Yes and No. Your chances of getting your lost items depends on a lot of factors. Factors like when you reported, who you reported to, how you reported, where the scam took place, mode through which you were scammed and the type of scam involved. If for instance the scam involves you transferring money to another account, you stand higher chances of recovering your loss. But what if it involves bitcoins, especially if the scammer is experienced? You have lower chances.

Why should you report?

Reporting can achieve three things:

1. You can recover your loss and have the culprit apprehended, thus saving others from being victims.

2. Reporting can help the authorities have fuller understanding of patterns of scam.

3. Reporting can dissuade a scammer from moving forward in his illicit business. Merely having the knowledge that he has been reported to the authorities can force him to abandone fraud for fear of being nabbed.

Who should you report to?

If bank transfer was involved, report to your bank with all the necessary evidences within your reach. Also report to EFCC through their website, www.efccnigeria.org or e-mail them at scam@efccnigeria.org or info@efccnigeria.org or Twitter @officialEFCC or the Nigerian Police Force with website at www.nigeriapolice.org and email webmaster@nigeriapolice.org or Twitter @policeNG.

Help the authorities fight scammers by reporting cases of scam.

https://burstscam.com/blog/2020/09/17/if-you-are-scammed-who-should-you-report-to/

1 Like

Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by Enudapan: 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Buh if they shaa scam you
Take a chill
Then get a
Good device and start bombing..
But don't forget to take mushin weed (it helps)
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by Iyoocartel(f): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

If you are scammed just move on and try to wise up.
Mugu fall guy man chop naso the hustle be
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by BuchiPrinzy: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
You will email them, your message will rust, it will fade, and flood will wash it to trash. If dem chop you, e don be. Just motivate yourself and move the hell on.
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by millionboi2: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

If you are scammed just move on and try to wise up.
Mugu fall guy man chop naso the hustle be
kamar works fast
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by dollytino4real(f): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
pls i need help o my 10k lost just like dat o
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2020
Nice one
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by Simvan: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2020
Nice, I'll save this for a later day.
Re: If You Are Scammed, Who Should You Report To? by uncleck: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2020
Burstscam:
The reaon why many scams happen is because the scammers got away with their previous scams. Have you wondered: who should I report to in the event that I am scammed? Going to the police station in your neighborhood could be daunting, but there are actually smart ways you could report. Will you get your money or other valuables back if you report? Why should you even report? Let’s answer some salient questions.

Will I get my money back if I report?

Yes and No. Your chances of getting your lost items depends on a lot of factors. Factors like when you reported, who you reported to, how you reported, where the scam took place, mode through which you were scammed and the type of scam involved. If for instance the scam involves you transferring money to another account, you stand higher chances of recovering your loss. But what if it involves bitcoins, especially if the scammer is experienced? You have lower chances.

Why should you report?

Reporting can achieve three things:

1. You can recover your loss and have the culprit apprehended, thus saving others from being victims.

2. Reporting can help the authorities have fuller understanding of patterns of scam.

3. Reporting can dissuade a scammer from moving forward in his illicit business. Merely having the knowledge that he has been reported to the authorities can force him to abandone fraud for fear of being nabbed.

Who should you report to?

If bank transfer was involved, report to your bank with all the necessary evidences within your reach. Also report to EFCC through their website, www.efccnigeria.org or e-mail them at scam@efccnigeria.org or info@efccnigeria.org or Twitter @officialEFCC or the Nigerian Police Force with website at www.nigeriapolice.org and email webmaster@nigeriapolice.org or Twitter @policeNG.

Help the authorities fight scammers by reporting cases of scam.

https://burstscam.com/blog/2020/09/17/if-you-are-scammed-who-should-you-report-to/
book marked

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building / Operation Tura Takai Bango: Nigeria Army New Offensive Against Boko Haram, Iswap / Dismissed Police Corporal Dismissed After Seen In CCTV Footage Stealing A Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.