Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK (5364 Views)

The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) / Top 10 Richest Politicians In Nigeria 2018 / Defection: Governors, Politicians In War Of Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by myobjective: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2020
candidtalk:

Indeed. We don't chestbeat or make redundant noise, driven by inferiority complex, like IPOBians.

Yet I think Yorubas can do more and encourage each other to greater heights. This begins with us familiarizing ourselves with the greatness of Yorubas home and abroad.

We still have Yorubas who go online to ignorantly sing the praises of Igbos because they have been brainwashed by the empty chestbeating insecure Igbos, forever envious of the Yorubas, flood cyberspace with.

A lot of Yorubas need to educate themselves and stop wallowing in ignorance. We do not brag and remain modest but the factual truth is that no other Nigerian or African ethnic group is individually, not nationally I clarify, close to Yorubas across all aspect of human endeavours from entertainment to literature, professional excellence, culture, religious sophistication/tolerance, artistic expression, business/trading acumen, diasporan greatness etal.

You are point bro.

Time for political correctness is over. Yoruba need to see Nigeria for what it is. A country where everyone takes as much as they can take.

Our politics and business should be Yoruba centric. We should as a matter of fact only vote Yoruba centric politicians to position and get as much as we can get from the center before the country finally crumbles.

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Philipponzaghi: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
Fleshly:

You know these could also be a fake list. Why not show a certain proof to prove this point?

Lol fake list ke?

I personally typed each name on Google and it pop up their name and constituents on their respective Mayor/Councillor/MP official websites.

You can do the same to ALL the names. Just type them with on google and stop disgracing yourself!

1 Like

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Philipponzaghi: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
Amos1423:
Those individuals aren't Nigerian citizens but of whatever country they've pledged allegiance to.

They aren't what they're as Nigerians so whatever become of them isn't treated same.

Last time I heard, Nigeria and Britain both recognize dual citizenship so why the wailing?
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by DerideGull(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
LegendHero:
I bring to you the names of both serving and former member of parliament (MPs), Mayors, and Councillors of British-Nigerian origin in the UK.

Nigeria is a country blessed with abundant human resources and that manifested in the fact that our people always achieve excellence both home and abroad and our resourcefulness have distinguished us among peoples of other descents.

There are currently over 90+ elected politicians of Nigerian origin sitting in various position in the United Kingdom. One thing to also note is that whenever they elect them Mayors, Nigeria-Britons are always the first of such black people appointments to have taken place.

Note: This list is updated up till 2018. So there might have been some few elected Nigerians after 2018 that are not captured in the list.

Past & Current Member of Parliament
1) MS Chi Onwurah - Newcastle 2010 - Present
2) Mrs Helen Grant - Maidstone & the Weald 2010 - Present
3) Kate Osamor - Edmonton 2015 - Present
4) Chuka Umunna - Streatham 2010 - 2019
5) Fiona Onasanya - Peterborough 2017-2018
6) Bim Afolami - Hitchin and Harpenden 2017 - Present
7) Kemi Badenoch - Saffron Walden 2017 - Present
8. Taiwo Owatemi - Coventry North West - 2019 - Present
9) Florence Eshalomi - Vauxhall - 2019 - Present

Past & Current Mayors/Speakers of Nigeria Origin
10) Cllr. Janet Adegoke - Mayor of Hammersmith 1986-1987
11) Cllr. Erelu Lola Ayorinde - Wandsworth 1999/2000 & 2004/2005
12) Cllr. Afolasade Bright - Speaker Hackney Borough 2006-2007
13) Cllr. Rotimi Adebari - Mayor of Portaoise Town Council - 2007
14) Cllr. Emmanuel Obasohan - Barking & Dagenham - 2008-2009
15) Cllr. Anna Mbachu - Mayor of Waltham Forest 2009-2010
16) Cllr. Tayo Situ - Mayor of Southwark 2010-2011
17) Cllr. Susan Fajana-Thomas - Speaker of Hackney 2011-2012
18) Cllr. Kate Anolue - Mayor of Enfield 2012-2013
19) Cllr. Michael Adeyeye - Mayor of Brent 2012-2013
20) Cllr. Irene Faseyi - MAyor of Cheshire East 2013-2014
21) Cllr. Adedamola Aminu - Mayor of Lambeth 2014-2015
22) Cllr. Mercy Umeh - Mayor of Hammersmith & Fulham 2014-2017
23) Cllr. Obajimi Adefiranye - Chair of Council, Lewisham 2010-Date
24) Cllr. Donatus Anyawu - Mayor of Lambeth 2015-2016
25) Cllr. Sade Etti - Speaker of Hackney 2015-2016
26) Cllr. Pat Ekechi - Mayor of Enfield 2015-2016
27) Cllr. Olugbenga Babatola - Mayor of Greenwich 2016-2017
28) Cllr. Tunde Ojetola - Mayor of Thurrock 2017-2018
29) Cllr. Yemi Osho - Mayor of Waltham Forest 2017-2018
30) Cllr. Soraya Adejare - Speaker of Hackney 2017-2018
31) Hon. Abdulrahman Ayorinde - London Borough of Wandsworth
32) Cllr. Ernest Nnaama Ezeajughi - Brent Borough 2019 - Present

Anything from LegendRogue is a borderline fake and carries ulterior motive. This is complete balderdash.

1 Like

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
DerideGull:

Anything from LegendRogue is a borderline fake and carries ulterior motive. This is complete balderdash.

Lol I can feel your pain. You can type each of the names on Google to see their profile.

Even your fellow Igbos with more brainpower than you never condemned the list because I know they would have done their due diligence to verify the names.

By the way, why did you call it balderdash? Could it be because most of the names are Yorubas?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Adventure12: 2:00am On Nov 20, 2020
Nice thread
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by RuggedSniper: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
LegendHero:
I bring to you the names of both serving and former member of parliament (MPs), Mayors, and Councillors of British-Nigerian origin in the UK.

Nigeria is a country blessed with abundant human resources and that manifested in the fact that our people always achieve excellence both home and abroad and our resourcefulness have distinguished us among peoples of other descents.

There are currently over 90+ elected politicians of Nigerian origin sitting in various position in the United Kingdom. One thing to also note is that whenever they elect them Mayors, Nigeria-Britons are always the first of such black people appointments to have taken place.

Note: This list is updated up till 2018. So there might have been some few elected Nigerians after 2018 that are not captured in the list.

British-Nigerians have finally dug into the political space. Nigerian-Americans too are loading fast from ground-zero! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
RuggedSniper:
British-Nigerians have finally dug into the political space. Nigerian-Americans too are loading fast from ground-zero! grin

British-Nigerians have been doing this from way back in the UK.

We can’t have that much Nigerians making headway in the USA because they have their own indigenous African American people and we have to compete with them for the slot.

In the UK, for every 10 black man making wave, you should know there will be at least 3+ Nigerians there.

1 Like

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Way to go, my people.

1 Like

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
iyapont:
yorubas r silent achievers of recent they appointed a Yoruba woman as the executive vice president and chief legal officer of Canadian imperial bank of commerce,was expecting the news here but I no see am..so so many appointments but we no dey no for here
So what do u call igbo chestbeating ..creating topics like this one and commenting like u are doing right now ? ...

So what's the difference tell me ?

Everyone in Nigeria know Yorubas brag alot and Igbos are the silent achievers

I just don't know why u guys like to project your image on others I don't just get it

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Xzellentgraphic: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
candidtalk:

Indeed. We don't chestbeat or make redundant noise, driven by inferiority complex, like IPOBians.

Yet I think Yorubas can do more and encourage each other to greater heights. This begins with us familiarizing ourselves with the greatness of Yorubas home and abroad.

We still have Yorubas who go online to ignorantly sing the praises of Igbos because they have been brainwashed by the empty chestbeating insecure Igbos, forever envious of the Yorubas, flood cyberspace with.

A lot of Yorubas need to educate themselves and stop wallowing in ignorance. We do not brag and remain modest but the factual truth is that no other Nigerian or African ethnic group is individually, not nationally I clarify, close to Yorubas across all aspect of human endeavours from entertainment to literature, professional excellence, culture, religious sophistication/tolerance, artistic expression, business/trading acumen, diasporan greatness etal.
You are very correct
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Front0lane: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
This should be enough to sout up the fools from the most foolish tribe in Nigeria that always brag over foolishness. Waiting to see lunatic from that pathetic tribe wail over my comment.

dokie:

True.

If they can't help us in Nigeria, why do we spend time celebrating them? What's even worse is when we get tribal: "Igbo Amaka" here, "omoluabi" there. At the end of the day, dem no send us from here to there. They are all focused on serving their new found nations.

Let them help us dismantle this hopeless structure in Nigeria (at least restructuring according to the independence plan) by getting their new nations to apply pressure on our government.
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

So what do u call igbo chestbeating ..creating topics like this one and commenting like u are doing right now ? ...

So what's the difference tell me ?

Everyone in Nigeria know Yorubas brag alot and Igbos are the silent achievers

I just don't know why u guys like to project your image on others I don't just get it

Since I’ve been a kid, the bolded is the strongest lie I’ve ever heard.

Even you yourself know you’re lying with that statement.

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
LegendHero:

Since I’ve been a kid, the bolded is the strongest lie I’ve ever heard.

Even you yourself know you’re lying with that statement.

Oga everyone knows . It's only an igbo man that would have 100 million And wear slippers ,

Oga relax
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga everyone knows . It's only an igbo man that would have 100 million And wear slippers ,

Oga relax

Even if he wear slippers, he will still brag.

Moreso that behavior tells you money can’t buy class.

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
LegendHero:

Even if he wear slippers, he will still brag.

Moreso that behavior tells you money can’t buy class.

I was worth over 50 million had 10 plus drugs for my factory before I got my first car ...na igbo thing we no dey talk Bros leave am
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

I was worth over 50 million had 10 plus drugs for my factory before I got my first car ...na igbo thing we no dey talk Bros leave am

I’m also worth 1billon, had 25plus drugs for my factory before I got my first car.

So anything else bro?

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by totit: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
LegendHero:

I’m also worth 1billon, had 25plus drugs for my factory before I got my first car.

So anything else bro?

Lool

grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
LegendHero:

Electing people is not a problem our problem is illiteracy we vote for people which can do nothing for us all over the world. In 2019 63% of Nigerians in UK was unemployed. In 2019 Nigerian in u.k. was number 14 Africa in employment. What this means is 14 people from other African countries will be employed in Britain before a Nigerians. The state literacy mentality which have destroyed us in Nigeria have also destroyed us in Britain where we have to vote for ourselves which means we have to vote for people which can do nothing for us. Among all the Nigerians in the UK what have they done for Nigerian people what have they done for Nigerian community 0 but the People Keep on voting for them just like Nigeria.
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Electing people is not a problem our problem is illiteracy we vote for people which can do nothing for us all over the world. In 2019 63% of Nigerians in UK was unemployed. In 2019 Nigerian in u.k. was number 14 Africa in employment. What this means is 14 people from other African countries will be employed in Britain before a Nigerians. The state literacy mentality which have destroyed us in Nigeria have also destroyed us in Britain where we have to vote for ourselves which means we have to vote for people which can do nothing for us. Among all the Nigerians in the UK what have they done for Nigerian people what have they done for Nigerian community 0 but the People Keep on voting for them just like Nigeria.

What is the source to this ridiculous fake statistics?

How can 63% of Nigerians in the UK be unemployed in 2019? Do you guys just come online and say rubbish just for the sake of talking?

While I can't for now verify the actual percentage of unemployed Nigerians in the UK, but we can infer from the available record of sub-saharan Africa in the UK according to The Migration Observatory (University of Oxford) data.

According to them:
--The employment rate of Sub-Saharan Africans in the UK is 80% for men and 68% for women.

--The unemployment rate of Sub-Saharan Africans in the UK is 6.0% for men and 6.4% for women.

Now let us infer Nigeria share of the 6.4% unemployment rate for sub-saharan Africa, it should be between (5.5-8%) at max judging that we have a high population and we should be very close to the mean normally.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-labour-market-an-overview/

2 Likes

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:30am On Nov 21, 2020
LegendHero:

How can 63% of Nigerians in the UK be unemployed in 2019? Do you guys just come online and say rubbish just for the sake of talking?

While I can't for now verify the actual percentage of unemployed Nigerians in the UK, but we can infer from the available record of sub-saharan Africa in the UK according to The Migration Observatory (University of Oxford) data.

According to them:
--The employment rate of Sub-Saharan Africans in the UK is 80% for men and 68% for women.

--The unemployment rate of Sub-Saharan Africans in the UK is 6.0% for men and 6.4% for women.

Now let us infer Nigeria share of the 6.4% unemployment rate for sub-saharan Africa, it should be between (5.5-8%) at max judging that we have a high population and we should be very close to the mean normally.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-labour-market-an-overview/

How many years have you stayed and lived in the UK before you start talking most Nigerians in UK are illegal and unemployed. Nigerians in u.k. have the highest black rate of crime. One thing I have noticed about we Nigerians will like praising ourselves but we are illiterate good to you and say you are in Nigeria and see who gives you a job today. You will be sure that Somalia will be employed before you. We never want to hear the truth right there will tell ourselves life and praising ourselves for doing the wrong things. See the amount of Nigerians in British prisons and you will be short. Only think Nigerians do in UK and America vote for criminals and follow criminals.

Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:31am On Nov 21, 2020
LegendHero:

According to them:

The problem is this does not count for in legal immigrant. When you go to Britain you just see jobless Nigerians in East London and in different parts of London you will be shocked
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 4:02am On Nov 21, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The problem is this does not count for in legal immigrant. When you go to Britain you just see jobless Nigerians in East London and in different parts of London you will be shocked

You just keep contradicting yourself bro.

—You Initially claimed Nigerians in the UK and USA vote for themselves and based on nepotism, hereby electing bad representatives.

—You also further claimed that they have over 60+ unemployment rate in the UK because of those bad decision.

—I showed you the unemployment rate is less than 8%, then you turned around to say those are only legal Nigerians.

Now ask yourself, can illegal immigrants vote in the UK? If no, then why did you say Nigerians vote nepotism when illegal can’t even vote in the first place.??
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:13am On Nov 21, 2020
LegendHero:

You just keep contradicting yourself bro.

—You Initially claimed Nigerians in the UK and USA vote for themselves and based on nepotism, hereby electing bad representatives.

—You also further claimed that they have over 60+ unemployment rate in the UK because of those bad decision.

—I showed you the unemployment rate is less than 8%, then you turned around to say those are only legal Nigerians.

Now ask yourself, can illegal immigrants vote in the UK? If no, then why did you say Nigerians vote nepotism when illegal can’t even vote in the first place.??

My friend go to UK or any city in London and tell them you are in Nigeria and see what happened how they will begin to look at you and treat you what you say you are a Nigerian automatically they put you in the class of criminals. Most Nigerians in UK change their surnames and say they are from other African countries it is now happening in America
Re: See the List of Over 95+ Elected British-Nigerian Politicians in the UK by LegendHero(m): 4:20am On Nov 21, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

My friend go to UK or any city in London and tell them you are in Nigeria and see what happened how they will begin to look at you and treat you what you say you are a Nigerian automatically they put you in the class of criminals. Most Nigerians in UK change their surnames and say they are from other African countries it is now happening in America

This is fallacy of hasty generalization.

Here in the USA, I don’t see any Nigerian changing their names because of any rubbish. True, we have some issues with our country image but it’s not up to the extent that you now get ashamed of saying you’re Nigerian. Even most times, it gives you a better rep claiming Nigerians coz people know of our successes, music, and etc.

Let me tell you, in corporate America, Nigerians are termed brilliant and if you work in big companies you will know that they hold us in high regard compared to other continental Africans in terms of smartness. We are better than most other black people on average.

What about universities? I’m telling you this as first hand info of what I’ve witnessed and the self-evident truth. For every continental African making waves in the universities, you will see Nigerian repping most time at the top.

Now back to the UK prison that you spoke about, below is the data from the British prison. You can see that Nigeria is not even the highest black nation with the highest prisoner like you said.

Can you even see we are 9th on the list and Somalia with lesser population than us is above us?

Where are you getting all your roforofo talks from self? So because you’re Nigerian which gives you more consciousness of Nigerians over there and their lifestyle does not mean that they are the only one in the majority doing wrong.

Although the data is just for foreign prisoners, but we can infer the other category of prisoners from it too.

https://solitarywatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/UK-Prison-Population-Statistics.pdf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alfred Diete-spiff The Man That Betrayed Biafra[photos] / Tinubu's 5m Rejected By Nollywood Actor(Osuofia) / Breaking News: Court of Appeal Declares Ken Pela Of Labour Party Winner of Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.