Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,839 members, 7,956,164 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) (45575 Views)

Beautiful Russian Girls Speaking Igbo & Dancing Ogene / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by bejeria101(m): 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
I'm not igbo but I love the oghene music, its so spectacular. Much love, igbo amaka!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Dominiqueismad: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ok
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
Igbo land is an ancestral home to many Black's

[img]https:///gifs/you-got-it-dude-aVtdz7iNVPI1W?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=Embeds&utm_term=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.embedly.com%2Fwidgets%2Fmedia.html%3Fsrc%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fembed%2FaVtdz7iNVPI1W%2Ftwitter%2Fiframe&%3Bdisplay_name=Giphy&%3Burl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.%2Fmedia%2FaVtdz7iNVPI1W%2Fgiphy.gif&%3Bimage=https%3A%2F%2Fi.%2Fmedia%2FaVtdz7iNVPI1W%2Fgiphy.gif&%3Bkey=a19fcc184b9711e1b4764040d3dc5c07&%3Btype=text%2Fhtml&%3Bschema=giphy[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Antoeni(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
What of Udunbunch pammy
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Geld(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
OP...you must be High on weed...
Any Ogene list without the name "Janka Armani" is trash and should not be made public..

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IgbalodeRaymond: 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
acidici:
I schooled in Enugu and I became familiar with ogene genre during those years. This particular guy Ogene Onyeoma was spectacular. here is one of his track on YouTube. I Love his voice and the transition in the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeLJGgvCups
I'm about to ask Afam to include mgbajala ifite Awka
funny enough I dey joint for Awka now live dey jirate to his music with nkwobi
he's performing

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by SmartPolician: 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

how does this transcend to ogene musician in igboland?

You listed ogene musicians in Enugu and dubbed it igboland as cover up..

The title should be the best Ogene musicians in Enugu state.

Ogene is generally an Enugu thing

While Anambra and Imo have highlife music.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Homeboiy: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Leave ogene music and udubonch for us ndi Enugu

Na we be number 1

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by ZombieTERROR: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Trash.

my muslim friend

You have been noticed

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by UgoFly: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:
Actually, this is not a list of the best Ogene musicians. Rather it's a list of Ogene musicians that you need to know if you don't already know them. They're my favourites at the moment,

Ogene is a style of Igbo music consisting of, and taking its name from, the ogene instrument, which is a large metal bell.[1] The Ogene instrument has historically been made by the Igbo people of Nigeria. It is one of the most important metal instruments of the people.

-Wikipedia

Now, here's a few of them.

1. Ejyk Mwaba - I like this guy because he's the most forward forward thinking among all Ogene musicians that i know because of how he brings his talent to Social Media especially Youtube and Instagram. I also like his Enugu flair of Ogene which in my opinion is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdvAD_s6hA

2. Jajaja : This is another top Ogene Musician and he's reputed to be the best in Enugu State and probably the whole of Igboland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1QnDbDJfu8&t=1s

3. Ausuma Malaika: He's one of the best Ogene musicians in Anambra. Him and his crew are based in Awka. I also like the fact that e has a Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Wun24tQDI

4 Opanka Ogene: This is anotehr great Ogene musician from Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YABtk14hF4A

Are you the same Afam on Twitter?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by FuckThaMod: 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
If you understand igbo then this genre should sound like the best ever.. It's so beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by teresades: 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Leave him. I know him and I know why he's pained. He's an Anambra supremacist. He's pained that the OP mentioned only one Anambra ogene player. Ngwanu, help us and add more Anambra ogene players, he can't. Because he doesn't know any.

Address the guy as an individual. Supremacist ko? Supremacist no?

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Fedrick100: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
This List is not complete if there’s no umuobligbo

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
I only know Onyenze Nwa Amobi cheesy
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by onuko(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
Antoeni:
What of Udunbunch pammy
udubunch is not ogene music, it's ubo music

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Anambra1stS0n: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Period
You don't reason before you type, not every topic you should show your low IQ, if you have common sen you suppose to know Enugu State dominate Ogene music, always think before you type rather than being a nuisance on every topic you know nothing about.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

how does this transcend to ogene musician in igboland?

You listed ogene musicians in Enugu and dubbed it igboland as cover up..

Zoo sense.

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
@RedboneSmith Is Ogene a thing in Anioma. I ransacked Youtube for any Anioma ogene musician but didn't find any.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by fatymore(f): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
I like this particular one...

I think it is an highlife song.

Onyeomi ...I can't really remember but like it gan

It is an old song...
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Barryseal: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
I will add Ogene Igbo-jah(Ogene alusi) , Shidodo, and Janka (Ogene catholic).

... I just watched the video and got goose pimples watching Opanka and his famous bottle of star. Opanka was a hero, the most talented Ogene musician ever. I remember watching him display during festive periods at liberty and 2nd bustop.
No Ogene musician comes close to Opanka, dead or alive. I stand to be corrected.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Antoeni(m): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
You are not serious quote author=onuko post=94138919] udubunch is not ogene music, it's ubo music[/quote]
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by ssogundele(m): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
Wow, I’m seriously in love with that first video. I’m not an Igbo but this ogene is beautiful and it takes someone of talented to venture into it unlike those pangolo computer generated vibeless noises. I’ll go for these guys over davido or burna boy any time.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by jabolo(m): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:
Actually, this is not a list of the best Ogene musicians. Rather it's a list of Ogene musicians that you need to know if you don't already know them. They're my favourites at the moment,

Ogene is a style of Igbo music consisting of, and taking its name from, the ogene instrument, which is a large metal bell.[1] The Ogene instrument has historically been made by the Igbo people of Nigeria. It is one of the most important metal instruments of the people.

-Wikipedia

This is beautiful music - thanks for the education. I did not know this was a vibrant music genre in itself but you can recognize it within the soundtrack to many of the Nollywood movies set in the East. Thanks once again OP.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by REDDEVILS1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:
I'll add more but if you know anyone, you can add them below.

Upanka should top that list.

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Geld(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Homeboiy:
Leave ogene music and udubonch for us ndi Enugu

Na we be number 1

Asin Even though I'm from Anambra..I feel like Slapping this OP walai..How can you mention about Ogene without talking about Pammy nnwa..Walai this OP don commit sacrilege angry angry angry

Pammy udu bunch that comprises of Pammy, Wounded,Katika,Chiadi,last card,Agbo Malaika to mention but a few..na him this OP carry nonsense Ejyke nwamba dey compare with?...Ejyke of yesterday?... Comparing Ejyke with Janka Armani is an insult not to talking of displacing P.U.B with him..

OP you get luck say I no dey near you..I for dash you some slaps undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by merits(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
G

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ordinary list of ogene list, these people are still fighting. Chai
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by 123Map(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
[s][/s]
Juliusmalema:
Trash.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
There is one Igbo song. Sadly I don't know the title or the artiste. It's is an absolute party banger. Never attended an Igbo parRy without that song being played.

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Homeboiy: 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Geld:

Asin Even though I'm from Anambra..I feel like Slapping this OP walai..How can you mention about Ogene without talking about Pammy nnwa..Walai this OP don commit sacrilege angry angry angry

Pammy udu bunch that comprises of Pammy, Wounded,Katika,Chiadi,last card,Agbo Malaika to mention but a few..na him this OP carry nonsense Ejyke nwamba dey compare with?...Ejyke of yesterday?... Comparing Ejyke with Janka Armani is an insult not to talking of displacing P.U.B with him..

OP you get luck say I no dey near you..I for dash you some slaps undecided undecided

The op just newly de watch ogene music

Shidodo nko

Afamuefuna Aleke the originator of udubonch

Na because say Ejyke de upload him ogene music for fb make the op know only him

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Great Yoruba Gospel Music / 4 Things Igbo People Like. / Alaafin of Oyo's Wife, Queen Abbey, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.