Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) (44087 Views)

Beautiful Russian Girls Speaking Igbo & Dancing Ogene / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by LadySarah: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
I love Osadebes Onye Igbo

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by PericomaNwankwo: 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
Both the Beat and lyrics of Enugu ogene is junior. When you listen to Awka or other inner Igbo towns ogene you'll not miss that archaic Igbotic feeling.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by PeaceNexus(m): 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
One of my favorite grin grin grin grin.....

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

how does this transcend to ogene musician in igboland?

You listed ogene musicians in Enugu and dubbed it igboland as cover up..

The title should be the best Ogene musicians in Enugu state.
Ogene is Enugu state stuff, no dey stress yourself because they'll beat we Anambrarians hands down any day any time..

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Lilimax(f): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

True! The foremost Ogene Music in Igbo land is Ogene Ikpachi originally from Nri.
Jukwaa ese! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by kalvoken(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

So who owns ogene music in igbo land?

I guess maybe portharcourt people?

Oge ENUGU is ogene and OGENE Enugu. If in doubt, ask flavour, the ijele of Africa and phyno. He's from Anambra.

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by harmony75: 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
great talents � �����
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Geld:

Asin Even though I'm from Anambra..I feel like Slapping this OP walai..How can you mention about Ogene without talking about Pammy nnwa..Walai this OP don commit sacrilege angry angry angry

Pammy udu bunch that comprises of Pammy, Wounded,Katika,Chiadi,last card,Agbo Malaika to mention but a few..na him this OP carry nonsense Ejyke nwamba dey compare with?...Ejyke of yesterday?... Comparing Ejyke with Janka Armani is an insult not to talking of displacing P.U.B with him..

OP you get luck say I no dey near you..I for dash you some slaps undecided undecided
Go and slap your Father. Dingbat.

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lilimax:
True! The foremost Ogene Music in Igbo land is Ogene Ikpachi originally from Nri.
Jukwaa ese! embarassed
Do you have any videos of him?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by kalvoken(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
post=94138452:
Beautiful.
We have always love Ogene music from day one.
Loving to the ears and beautiful to the souls.
Some talk about love, money , goodness and every thing that teach you about life generally.

Reminiscent times,
Let's go dance to some before bed time rn.

Ogene, ogene, ogene ro ro.... ogene cheesy wink cheesy

Here are some latest Ogene music for your listening pleasure..

Ogene Ndi Igbo
Ejyke Nwamba · 2020

NKWA
Ogene · 2020

Aja Wele Wele
Ogene · 2020

Ogene Egwu Igbo
Ejyke Nwamba · 2020

Osi n'ogini

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:

Kilode! E neva reach that level nah undecided
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by kalvoken(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:

Guy it hasn't gotten to this. I don't know how old you maybe but, you don't in any way have to involve his parent.

It's very childish of you
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by acetylcoa2: 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Originally, Nkanu people of Enugu and Akwa people in Anambra started Ogene, the reason isn't far from the fact that these people were the people who were and still into blacksmithing, Ogene is a product of Blacksmithing.
Enugu popularized Ogene..

Shidodo
One Amuri man
And Igbo Jah
Are the God Fathers and kings of Ogene ..

Ejyk Nwanba
Janka Armani
Are the modern day Kings of Ogene and I'm sure they grew up leaning Ogene from the guys mentioned above..

Osa wa Malika is the king of Ogene in Akwa he's trying.

There's no street in Obiagu and coal camp Enugu that doesn't have at least 1 or 2 groups of Ogene.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Lilimax(f): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:

Do you have any videos of him?
Growing up, my father had a lot of Ogene Ikpachi 's Music which we listened to; I'm talking about in the late 80's. Internet was not popular then in this part of the world .
So these ones should not claim they're the originator of Ogene Music.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Jonathan39: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
You don't know of Osama maliaka from Awka?
RedboneSmith:

Okay. I happen to know far more ogene musicians from Enugu State than from any other state. Maybe you should provide a list of non-Enugu ndi egwu ogene that have made an impact of equal magnitude.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by iddonla: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
I am yoruba...but I have that ejyk nwamba ogene clips like 50 on my phone ..I love his tune diee...

especially the one u posted and the other one he was hailing odogwu n'epempe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by InvertedHammer: 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
/
Ejike came out of nowhere and took over.

He still remains the best but he needs to get back his original flute guy back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWPba_XEEF8
/

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by majamajic(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ejike is the best
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by obiekunie2: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
Ogene is Enugu state stuff, no dey stress yourself because they'll beat we Anambrarians hands down any day any time..

if u r from Anambra you should know that ogene originated from anambra state. je jue maka ogene ikpachi!
Iwuno ekwunife! anuka na aguleri and rest of them legends of blessed memory.

Enugu state people are actually diluting ogene and even going as far as inculcating it into christian song! what a sacrilege!

ogene is the music we use for imemmuo and omenana!

but whatever be the case, Igbo bu ofu! cool

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
obiekunie2:

if u r from Anambra you should know that ogene originated from anambra state. j jue maka ogene ikpachi!

Enugu state people are actually diluting ogene and even going as far as inculcating it into christian song! what a sacrilege!

ogene is the music we use for imemmuo and omenana!

but whatever be the case, Igbo bu ofu! cool
You are right, but they do the ogene stuff more than us now. We are more into high life music
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Ishilove: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
I find Ejyk Nwaba and Jajaja the most entertaining in the compilation. I just love how they move backwards and forward in unison, like they have one brain.

Very entertaining indeed.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Chris2863(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Trash.
Envy

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by sodiamond: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Afam4eva:
Actually, this is not a list of the best Ogene musicians. Rather it's a list of Ogene musicians that you need to know if you don't already know them. They're my favourites at the moment,

Ogene is a style of Igbo music consisting of, and taking its name from, the ogene instrument, which is a large metal bell.[1] The Ogene instrument has historically been made by the Igbo people of Nigeria. It is one of the most important metal instruments of the people.

-Wikipedia

Now, here's a few of them.

1. Ejyk Mwaba - I like this guy because he's the most forward forward thinking among all Ogene musicians that i know because of how he brings his talent to Social Media especially Youtube and Instagram. I also like his Enugu flair of Ogene which in my opinion is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdvAD_s6hA

2. Jajaja : This is another top Ogene Musician and he's reputed to be the best in Enugu State and probably the whole of Igboland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1QnDbDJfu8&t=1s

3. Ausuma Malaika: He's one of the best Ogene musicians in Anambra. Him and his crew are based in Awka. I also like the fact that e has a Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Wun24tQDI

4 Opanka Ogene: This is anotehr great Ogene musician from Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YABtk14hF4A
I give it to Ejyk Nwamba
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Trust22(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lol...
One and only king of ogene music goes by the name SHIDODOR..
ATTAKWU AKEGBE UGWU AWKUNANAW NKANU WEST LGA. ENUGU STATE..
NWANNE JUO ESE OFUMA

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by iddonla: 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/ Ejike came out of nowhere and took over.
He still remains the best but he needs to get back his original flute guy back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWPba_XEEF8 /
The yellow guy?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Tochex101(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
Greatest thread in a while..... I love Ogene soo much.
All those mentioning Ogene Anambra na Awka, the least you can do is show us videos/evidence.
The OP also wants to learn and enjoy too.
Convince us with evidence...
God bless Afam for this thread..

3 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Shuzzi(m): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ogene is nice but I prefer bongo music all day or time smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Crochet: 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Enugu has the best ogene musician so far 042 anytime anyday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Leads Friday Prayer At Old Kent Mosque In London(photos) / What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) / This Is Izaga The Tallest Igbo Masquerade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.