Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,045 members, 7,953,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) (45542 Views)

Beautiful Russian Girls Speaking Igbo & Dancing Ogene / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by descarado: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
ayzTIGER:
I don't think his genre is Egwu Ekpili. His music is unique and a joy to listen, too bad nobody has been able to do his type of music and start from where he stopped.

So many of them and people often mistake one for the other. Each state has their own type of Igbo traditional music. When I hear Anambra music I know, same with IMO, Enugu, Asaba except Abia and Ebonyi.
Seems i dont even know what egwu ekpili is cheesy
Any example pls?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by ayzTIGER: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
descarado:
Seems i dont even know what egwu ekpili is cheesy Any example pls?
all of Morocco Maduka songs
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Jonathan39: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
I am not an anambra supremacist. I am Igbo first before anambra. I don't know much about ogene music though. Have a nice day
RedboneSmith:

I knew Ausuma before I knew the others. That doesn't change the fact that Enugu has more renowned Ogene players than other southeast states, which is what I was saying.

Ausuma is already on the list by the OP. Give us another renowned name if you have one.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by OfoIgbo: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Juliusmalema:

how does this transcend to ogene musician in igboland?

You listed ogene musicians in Enugu and dubbed it igboland as cover up..

The title should be the best Ogene musicians in Enugu state.

Ovens Awka Ausuma Malaika is from Anambra
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by descarado: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
ayzTIGER:
all of Morocco Maduka songs
Eeeh! shocked

But morroco uses guitar na
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Thane(m): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Leave him. I know him and I know why he's pained. He's an Anambra supremacist. He's pained that the OP mentioned only one Anambra ogene player. Ngwanu, help us and add more Anambra ogene players, he can't. Because he doesn't know any.

I'm from Anambra too and everybody knows that ogene is for Enugu State
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
Thane:

I'm from Anambra too and everybody knows that ogene is for Enugu State

Ogene is not from Enugu. Unless if you have evidence to prove it...Cc Thane
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Phut(f): 12:03am On Sep 23, 2020
KosiGee:

This is not ogene dance or battle. This is an Achikolo dance.

Oh okay. So the music is ogene and the dance is Achikolo? Like the dance Zoro featured in his music video?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Barryseal: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2020
IDENNAA:

Ogene is not from Enugu. Unless if you have evidence to prove it...Cc Thane

There was no existence of Enugu or Anambra Pre colonial era. What you call Anambra, Enugu as it is, were migrants from different communities/kingdom. Tracing the origin of an ancient instrument like Ogene to a particular state created recently by the military is presumptuous.
The true origin of the Ogene is unknown.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
Afam4eva:
Actually, this is not a list of the best Ogene musicians. Rather it's a list of Ogene musicians that you need to know if you don't already know them. They're my favourites at the moment,

Ogene is a style of Igbo music consisting of, and taking its name from, the ogene instrument, which is a large metal bell.[1] The Ogene instrument has historically been made by the Igbo people of Nigeria. It is one of the most important metal instruments of the people.

-Wikipedia

Now, here's a few of them.

1. Ejyk Mwaba - I like this guy because he's the most forward forward thinking among all Ogene musicians that i know because of how he brings his talent to Social Media especially Youtube and Instagram. I also like his Enugu flair of Ogene which in my opinion is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdvAD_s6hA

2. Jajaja : This is another top Ogene Musician and he's reputed to be the best in Enugu State and probably the whole of Igboland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1QnDbDJfu8&t=1s

3. Ausuma Malaika: He's one of the best Ogene musicians in Anambra. Him and his crew are based in Awka. I also like the fact that e has a Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Wun24tQDI

4 Opanka Ogene: This is anotehr great Ogene musician from Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YABtk14hF4A

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Leave him. I know him and I know why he's pained. He's an Anambra supremacist. He's pained that the OP mentioned only one Anambra ogene player. Ngwanu, help us and add more Anambra ogene players, he can't. Because he doesn't know any.

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by siempere(m): 6:03am On Dec 30, 2020
Poster thanks so much for this thread, Mr. Kosigee tnks much for your valued insight too, I enjoyed ur writings and history...
Funny enough i came here from google while reading about Afamefuna Aneke (Pammy Udu Bonch).
Great guy...

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by gwafaeziokwu: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
Barryseal:

There was no existence of Enugu or Anambra Pre colonial era. What you call Anambra, Enugu as it is, were migrants from different communities/kingdom. Tracing the origin of an ancient instrument like Ogene to a particular state created recently by the military is presumptuous.

GBAM. You have said it all.

Thanks to OP I really enjoyed this thread. Well done.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
Barryseal:

Whenever you want to rope us all together you pull this card as if you were not the ones who fired Anambra civil servants and branded us "ndi ijeko ebee" but now Igbo bu ofu. Sorry , there is a mountain of difference between people living in Enugu and people living in Anambra. Anambra people don't eat snakes, you do.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Barryseal: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

Whenever you want to rope us all together you pull this card as if you were not the ones who fired Anambra civil servants and branded us "ndi ijeko ebee" but now Igbo bu ofu. Sorry , there is a mountain of difference between people living in Enugu and people living in Anambra. Anambra people don't eat snakes, you do.
Guy shut up! I be Abatete boy.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Barryseal:

And?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Barryseal: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
MelesZenawi:

And?
And?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by unshakablejihad: 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

why all diz bullshiit we are all one..
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
Barryseal:

So , what ? We still have ofekes' and ofu ogolis amongst us. By the way , I am not calling you names but don't act like Igbo is homogeneous.

I know an Abatete man can never marry from a clan that eats eke.

I just hate when people pick and chose. During employment people remember Anambra and Enugu are different but when it doesn't suit them we become one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
unshakablejihad:

why all diz bullshiit we are all one..

I never said Igbo is not one but we must put things in the right context. Didn't some Enugu person told Flavor Nabania to go to his state and protest ENDSARS? But , we are one, right. Did Abia sack all non indigens serving in their civil service ? But we are one.

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Barryseal: 3:35am On Dec 31, 2020
IDENNAA:

So , what ? We still have ofekes' and ofu ogolis amongst us. By the way , I am not calling you names but don't act like Igbo is homogeneous.

I know an Abatete man can never marry from a clan that eats eke.

I just hate when people pick and chose. During employment people remember Anambra and Enugu are different but when it doesn't suit them we become one.

I still stand by my initial quote. Anambra, Imo, Enugu etc didn't exist pre colonial Era. For instance, the verified history of Abatete, Umuoji and Nkpor has it that they were birthed by the same father Ichie Otie who was a warrior from Aro in the present day Abia state.
Hypothetically speaking, If I tell you the origin of the ogene instrument was from Abatete. Which state will claim it? Is it Abia or Anambra?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2020
Barryseal:

I still stand by my initial quote. Anambra, Imo, Enugu etc didn't exist pre colonial Era. For instance, the verified history of Abatete, Umuoji and Nkpor has it that they were birthed by the same father Ichie Otie who was a warrior from Aro in the present day Abia state.
Hypothetically speaking, If I tell you the origin of the ogene instrument was from Abatete. Which state will claim it? Is it Abia or Anambra?

This post is very offensive to my heritage. Abatete (Ezeogu), Umuoji(Igwulube Okodu) and Nkpor(Idike) has absolutely nothing in common with Arochukwu. This , very much explains your knowledge of history. You are not well read in history and I suggest you leave it for those of us who have sacrificed many years researching about Igbo history and traditions.

Stop reading the nonsense you see on wikipedia. Ignorant people wrong those trash. For your information, Abatete, Umuoji and Umuidike were listed as one of the founding towns of Igbo land. Aro is relatively new and there is no one ffucking tradition that link us to them.

In fact, I am from Umuoji and also belong to Nkpor Facebook page and at some point I had to educate them about that Arochukwu hogwash and now they are better informed. We have nothing with Aro, zilch!

For instance, alot of our clans migrated from Nri. In Abatete, there is an Nri quarter. In Umuoji , some village originated from Umudioka , Oyi areas like Ogbunike and Omanbala towns and some were aboriginals. The Okodu towns had existed many centuries before Aro was founded. Please, dont spread ignorance.

Cc. Barryseal
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2020
Cc.Barryseal

Nobody verified any ffucking Aro migrations because you dont verify what doesn't exist. No oral tradition about Aro migration. We are rooted in Anambra and all our migrations were All from Anambra groups.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Barryseal: 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
IDENNAA:
Cc.Barryseal

Nobody verified any ffucking Aro migrations because you dont verify what doesn't exist. No oral tradition about Aro migration. We are rooted in Anambra and all our migrations were All from Anambra groups.
Crap. You know nothing. Ignorant mofo. The highest ozor title in Abatete is the Aro title.
80+ age grade wear the omu Aro. Go verify from your grand father, born throwway.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2020
IDENNAA:
Cc.Barryseal

Which Anambra? The old or new one?
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
IDENNAA:

This post is very offensive to my heritage. Abatete (Ezeogu), Umuoji(Igwulube Okodu) and Nkpor(Idike) has absolutely nothing in common with Arochukwu. This , very much explains your knowledge of history. You are not well read in history and I suggest you leave it for those of us who have sacrificed many years researching about Igbo history and traditions.

Stop reading the nonsense you see on wikipedia. Ignorant people wrong those trash. For your information, Abatete, Umuoji and Umuidike were listed as one of the founding towns of Igbo land. Aro is relatively new and there is no one ffucking tradition that link us to them.

In fact, I am from Umuoji and also belong to Nkpor Facebook page and at some point I had to educate them about that Arochukwu hogwash and now they are better informed. We have nothing with Aro, zilch!

For instance, alot of our clans migrated from Nri. In Abatete, there is an Nri quarter. In Umuoji , some village originated from Umudioka , Oyi areas like Ogbunike and Omanbala towns and some were aboriginals. The Okodu towns had existed many centuries before Aro was founded. Please, dont spread ignorance.

Cc. Barryseal

Solid
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
IDENNAA:

I never said Igbo is not one but we must put things in the right context. Didn't some Enugu person told Flavor Nabania to go to his state and protest ENDSARS? But , we are one, right. Did Abia sack all non indigens serving in their civil service ? But we are one.

Very correct
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
Afam4eva:
Anambra dey two?

1 Like

Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
Barryseal:

Crap. You know nothing. Ignorant mofo. The highest ozor title in Abatete is the Aro title.
80+ age grade wear the omu Aro. Go verify from your grand father, born throwway.

First of all, Arochukwu has no Nze na Ozo , so there couldn't have been any category of Ozo called "Aro title"...lol. There is nothing like Aro title in Abatete Ezeogu. Also , you said they wear the omu Aro ? Where do they wear it ? On their head or body ? You no absolutely nothing about where you came from but you are spoiling for debate. I have been with Ndichie Abatete if you must know and I have seen their regalia.

Cc. Barryseal
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
Afam4eva:

Sorry , even during the old Anambra days we knew who we were. Our cultures are different, very different. Anambra and Enugu arent the same people not in food , traditions or language. We know who we were. There are similarities on the fringe but as you move deeper the difference becomes obvious. Enugu na eli eke!

Now, to your question. I believe I have answered it , already. We are rooted in the Omanbala traditions. When I say Omanbala I meant the today Anambra with a unique culture.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by IDENNAA(m): 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Anambra dey two?

Pay no mind. He knows what I meant when I said Anambra. Anambra is not two. Enugu was added to Anambra for convenience not because we were one people. Again, ndi Enugu na eli eke fa na Ndi Ebonyi. They are the same people.
Re: The Best Ogene Musicians In Igboland (videos) by Afam4eva(m): 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
IDENNAA:

Sorry , even during the old Anambra days we knew who we were. Our cultures are different, very different. Anambra and Enugu arent the same people not in food , traditions or language. We know who we were. There are similarities on the fringe but as you move deeper the difference becomes obvious. Enugu na eli eke!

Now, to your question. I believe I have answered it , already. We are rooted in the Omanbala traditions. When I say Omanbala I meant the today Anambra with a unique culture.
Lol grin Aint no such thing as Omanbala tradition. Not saying towns around each other cannot be related in some way. You can keep telling yourself that to feel good or so that agenda must agenda. Wherever you go in fringes of Anambra, it bears a similarity to the state that they border. Anywhere that borders Enugu probably is similar to the communities that they border. Ihiala is probably more similar to mgbidi than they are to Onitsha and so on. Not saying there isn't some similarities between Anambra communities but you can't really call it Omanbala culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Things Igbo People Like. / Great Yoruba Gospel Music / Alaafin of Oyo's Wife, Queen Abbey, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.