Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? (1455 Views)

If You Have Ever Cured Acid Reflux And Ulcer Help Me / Chest Pain: Ulcer Or Angina? / Treat Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Or Acid Reflux With This Herbal Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2020
I realize a lot of people have, in one time or the other, experienced either condition or both.

Some were lucky to overcome it while some are still fighting with it to date.

I recently came across some ulcer-Gerd related threads on this platform. In those threads, some people suggested and recommended some therapies such as "get[ting] unripe plantain or paw paw and fermenting it for 3days then start drinking it."

Some made mention of the use of omeprazole, rabeprazole, antacids and/or ulcerkit etc...

However, nowhere on those threads did people come back to give feedback as to whether the therapy worked or not.

I, for one, have been with this ulcer of thing for almost 3 years now. I have visited several hospitals. Had appointments with many doctors at both private, state and federal hospitals.

But guess what? They all seem to be prescribing the same medication: omeprazole, antacids, antibiotics etc...

But are those medications effective and curable? In my opinion, far from it!

Reason being that I have used and swallowed every prescribed drugs like my life depended on it yet, no significant or lasting improvement.

I have done all the therapies people shared in these threads as well but it is not satisfying.

If you have had ulcer/acid reflux before, i believe you must be familiar with how discomforting and life-threatening it can be.

Is it the incessant fatigue we want to talk about?

Or weakness, indigestion, chest tightness, burning pain, inflammation, inability to belching and...

Most disturbing of all, palpitation (faster and louder heartbeat)

Should I mention that one would also have to forgo one's FAVORITE FOODS just to appease the fragile. ego of the said ulcer.

In any case, my main reason for making this new thread is that: I want to know if, like me, anyone of you have experienced palpitation when you had this ulcer/acid reflux...

If yes, what did you do to cure it?

For those that have had ulcer or acid reflux or/and palpitation, kindly spare the time to share with us what you did that helped you cure it finally.

Did you experience palpitation(faster and louder heartbeat) when you had ulcer/acid reflux(Gerd)? How did you solve it?

Please, help a brother!

Ps: first post alert— I hope it make the front page. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by flyingpig: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2020
I blended garlic, ginger and mixed it with a cup of water, then heated the mixture to boil. I poured it out into a cup, added some spoons of original honey. Then allowed the hot mixture to cool from hot to warm temperature. Then I sipped it. I did this every morning and night for four days.

It took about five months after before my ulcer returned, obviously because I relapsed to the habits that triggered them. But i have firm believe that that therapy cured me.

Garlic, ginger, honey. Boiled and sipped twice daily for four days. That was my ulcer and gastric reflux therapy.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Irojonun: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2020
Amule:

I realize a lot of people have, in one time or the other, experienced either condition or both.

Some were lucky to overcome it while someone are still fighting with it to date.

In those threads, some suggested and recommended some therapies such as "get[ting] unripe plantain or paw paw and fermenting it for 3days then start drinking it."

Some made mention of the use of omeprazole, rabeprazole, antacids and/or ulcerkit etc...

However, nowhere on those threads did people come back to give feedback as to whether the therapy worked or not.

I, for one, have been with this ulcer of thing for almost 3 years now. I have visited several hospitals. Had appointments with many doctors at both private, state and federal hospitals.

But guess what? They all seem to be prescribing the same medication: omeprazole, antacids, antibiotics etc...

But are those medications effective and curable? In my opinion, far from it!

Reason being that I have used and swallowed every prescribed drugs like my life depended on it yet, no significant or lasting improvement.

I have done all the therapies people shared in these threads as well but it is not satisfying.

If you have had ulcer/acid reflux before, i believe you must be familiar with how discomforting and life-threatening it can be.

Is it the incessant fatigue we want to talk about?

Or weakness, indigestion, chest tightness, burning pain, inflammation, inability to belching and...

Most disturbing of all, palpitation (faster and louder heartbeat)

Should I mention that one would also have to forgo one's FAVORITE FOODS just to appease the fragile. ego of the said ulcer.

In any case, my main reason for making this new thread is that: I want to know if, like me, anyone of you have experienced palpitation when you had this ulcer/acid reflux...

If yes, what did you do to cure it?

For those that have had ulcer or acid reflux or/and palpitation, kindly spare the time to share with us what you did that helped you cure it finally.

Did you experience palpitation(faster and louder heartbeat) when you had ulcer/acid reflux(Gerd)? How did you solve it?

Please, help a brother!

Ps: first post alert— I hope it make the front page. Thanks.
I am currently battling ulcer. I will appreciate replies that state clearly the solutions to this monster

1 Like

Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 11:13am On Sep 19, 2020
flyingpig:
I blended garlic, ginger and mixed it with a cup of water, then heated the mixture to boil. I poured it out into a cup, added some spoons of original honey. Then allowed the hot mixture to cool from hot to warm temperature. Then I sipped it. I did this every morning and night for four days.

It took about five months after before my ulcer returned, obviously because I relapsed to the habits that trigger them. But i have firm believe that that therapy cured me.

Garlic, ginger, honey. Boiled and sipped twice daily for four days. That was my ulcer and gastric reflux therapy.

I did exactly this in the initial stage of my ulcer. The first time I had it. I sipped it every in the morning like it were coffee.

Guess what? It didn't work. Maybe it relieve me without me paying attention it, possibly. But total cure? It wasn't that effective. Hence I stopped.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2020
Irojonun:
I am currently battling ulcer. I will appreciate replies that state clearly the solutions to this monster

Sorry. What are your symptoms like? When did it start? What have you used since then?

Let me know your answers to these questions.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by flyingpig: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2020
Amule:

I did exactly this in the initial stage of my ulcer. The first time I had it. I sipped it every in the morning like it were coffee.

Guess what? It didn't work. Maybe it relieve me without me paying attention it, possibly. But total cure? It wasn't that effective. Hence I stopped.
Wow! To be honest I didn't notice that acid reflux every 6-7am in the morning for almost 5months cause I remember i did that therapy around april this year and only started noticing its return last August.

I can't explain its mechanism but Google even supports that ginger have anti-ulcer ingredients. I don't know why yours returned to be honest. Are you sure it was actually ulcer? I think you should go for medical diagnosis.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Brandonx(m): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2020
When I was younger I felt ulcer was just some pain little did I know the pain comes with great discomforts. I tried everything from plantain to siam weed, Irish potato, PPI's, Antacids it was not so effective.
I met a doctor what he prescribed was; clarithromycin to eradicate h.pylori and gaviscon then some supplements and that was it.
@Op our body system differs so try to know things that triggers yours and avoid them, also avoid late night meals, Drink enough water and lastly pray.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by qwertyboss(m): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2020
My ulcer started when I visit NYSC camp,
Maybe due to the pepperish nature of the jellof rice I use to eat at mammy market or the change in environment and eating times I can't say, but what I know is that my ulcer started at Ede camp which lead to my hospitalization.

As the OP said, all the drugs that a doc will prescribe for ulcer won't cure it. I myself had taken all the omeprazole, claritomicine and money nonsense chemicals that will end up knocking out your liver if you don't stop.

The traditional approach to my experience is even better because it's less expensive and no carcinogenic exposures due to long term usage...

What I observe is that as long as you consume food with high acid content, no matter what cure you use, especially during the curing it will hardly be effective.

Many people had lost hope that they even resort to maintaining the ulcer itself by consuming milk, honey and several other blends.

This are some of the cures I use but they are temporary :
1_ mixture of peak milk and baobab leaves powder
2_mixture of honey and black seed
3_farmented unriped pawpaw
4_ guava leaves (I heard)
...loading
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Irojonun: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2020
Amule:

Sorry. What are your symptoms like? When did it start? What have you used since then?

Let me know your answers to these questions.
burning sensations, belching, nuaesa. I have taken Omeprazole capsules and antibiotics.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
qwertyboss:
My ulcer started when I visit NYSC camp,
Maybe due to the pepperish nature of the jellof rice I use to eat at mammy market or the change in environment and eating times I can't say, but what I know is that my ulcer started at Ede camp which lead to my hospitalization.

As the OP said, all the drugs that a doc will prescribe for ulcer won't cure it. I myself had taken all the omeprazole, claritomicine and money nonsense chemicals that will end up knocking out your liver if you don't stop.

The traditional approach to my experience is even better because it's less expensive and no carcinogenic exposures due to long term usage...

What I observe is that as long as you consume food with high acid content, no matter what cure you use, especially during the curing it will hardly be effective.

Many people had lost hope that they even resort to maintaining the ulcer itself by consuming milk, honey and several other blends.

This are some of the cures I use but they are temporary :
1_ mixture of peak milk and baobab leaves powder
2_mixture of honey and black seed
3_farmented unriped pawpaw
4_ guava leaves (I heard)
...loading

You couldn't have said it better.

What is baobab leaves? What does it look like? Picture.

As regards staying away from acid-trigger foods, you are right also.

But the issue is, which kind of foods would one be eating? Remember that for the wound to heal, the body need vitamins, minerals, etc.. And you can only provide that to your body by eating balanced diet.

So, this is kind of a dilemma to me. You need some foods to aid the healing, you also need to avoid those particular foods in order not to irritate the inner sore/wound of the ulcer.

What a catch-22 scenario!
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2020
Brandonx:
When I was younger I felt ulcer was just some pain little did I know the pain comes with great discomforts. I tried everything from plantain to siam weed, Irish potato, PPI's, Antacids it was not so effective.
I met a doctor what he prescribed was; clarithromycin to eradicate h.pylori and gaviscon then some supplements and that was it.
@Op our body system differs so try to know things that triggers yours and avoid them, also avoid late night meals, Drink enough water and lastly pray.
Sometimes one may have something else and not even ulcer, how often are the necessary investigations done in our obodo nigeria? Coupled with the fact there are so many substabdard drugs in the market. Same treatment works for some unlike others.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Irojonun:
burning sensations, belching, nuaesa. I have taken Omeprazole capsules and antibiotics.

Trust me, those omeprozle and antacids can only stop the acid producing cells in your stomach, but they don't cure the wound. Long term usage of those omeprozle and antacids too can cause other health problems.

Having used the aforementioned for years without healing, I know better now.

In fact, more symptoms might develop.

One thing that has worked for me is my sensitiveness towards my daily diet.

i don't eat any food that comes my way. I am very selective.

No to snacks
No to carbonated drinks
No to spicy or fried foods
No to peppery food
No to artificial sugar
No to alcohol
No to strong food — yam, bread etc.
No to any food derived from cassava.

Observing all these keeps the pain to the bearable level unlike before.

But healing has yet to be ascertained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by qwertyboss(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
Amule:

You couldn't have said it better.

What is baobab leaves? What does it look like? Picture.

As regards staying away from acid-trigger foods, you are right also.

But the issue is, which kind of foods would one be eating? Remember that for the wound to heal, the body need vitamins, minerals, etc.. And you can only provide that to your body by eating balanced diet.

So, this is kind of a dilemma to me. You need some foods to aid the healing, you also need to avoid those particular foods in order not to irritate the inner sore/wound of the ulcer.
What a catch-22 scenario!
Baobab tree is often found in the north...
But any aboki can guide you on how to get some arround you. They called it "Kuka"
You must have heard of "tuwo miyar kuka" before cheesy
It's use for making soup

Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
Brandonx:

Good for you!

Just pray you don't experience it again. Otherwise, you would realize that sometimes ulcer could stubbornly defy all sorts of medicines and make you question yourself thus: "wasn't it this same ulcer I treated last time?"
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
qwertyboss:

Baobab tree is often found in the north...
But any aboki can guide you on how to get some arround you. They called it "Kuka"
You must have heard of "tuwo miyar kuja" before cheesy
It's use for making soup

Oh my! I have never seen this before, honestly.

I will do my findings, though.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Brandonx(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
Amule:

Good for you!

Just pray you don't experience it again. Otherwise, you would realize that sometimes ulcer could stubbornly defy all sorts of medicines and make you question yourself thus: "wasn't it this same ulcer I treated last time?"

I've realised it's a condition that has to be managed there's no instant cure.
By God's grace I won't experience it again. The burning sensation in the stomach. I would cry when I'm alone, God has done it and it will be permanent.

1 Like

Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Amule(m): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
Brandonx:
God has done it and it will be permanent.
Amen to that!
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by adaora17901: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
:
God has done it and it will be permanency.
Amen to that!
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by SenatePresdo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2021
Brandonx:

I've realised it's a condition that has to be managed there's no instant cure.
By God's grace I won't experience it again. The burning sensation in the stomach. I would cry when I'm alone, God has done it and it will be permanent.

pls How did you treat it?

What was the supplement, and how did you get it.
Re: Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? by Decive: 3:46am On Sep 24, 2021
According to Agence France Presse and the Wall Street Journal, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced on Monday that three media companies related to exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui agreed to pay $539 million to settle the lawsuit. It is alleged that the three companies violated the investor protection law when raising funds from more than 5000 investors.

(1) (Reply)

UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike / Cosmetic Surgery : Will You Go Under The Knife?? / Doctor's In The House, Please Help Someone Is Dying Of Hiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.