Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

What Can Nigeria Learn From Japan? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can Nigeria Learn From Japan? (377 Views)

Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? / Nigerian Slay Queens Vs Kenyan Slay Queens: Kenyan Slayers Learn From Nigerians / Learn From Me, Masturbation Ruins Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can Nigeria Learn From Japan? by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
There is a lot to things, which we can learn from Japan…
Safety:
While watching Shinchan have you ever noticed this??
Shinchan is just 5 years old, but he’ll travel and stroll around the city alone…
Tokyo is the safest city in the world, and parents can allow their kids to stroll around the city alone…Caution: please don't try this in Nigeria. Growing up we used to leave house go holidays for uncles not anymore. Some Nigerians women have A1 in molesting kids that are not their.

Cleanliness
Japanese are the best when it comes to matter of cleanliness. We can’t even spot a small paper on the road. So that doesn’t mean that there’s a lot of Trash cans on the streets of Japan. Almost every Nigerian are guilty of this. We neglect our environment a lot. I don't care attitude toward our environment isn't funny.
Students only should clean the school after the class hours including the Washrooms. I am yet to see a clean toilet and restroom in our secondary School and Universities, really don't know about private schools. The so called leaders of tommorow are very dirty and careless. We want government to do everything for us. I was in a Bus going somewhere, this Corp member drop her used water container out of the bus's window.When I confronted her, she said to me, this is not her house or my house,menh feel like throwing up because she speaks so well and dress to kill. Our attitude toward environment is very poor.

Respect Towards Senior Citizen
This is something which I admire a lot from Japanese. If any senior citizen crosses or spotted, kids will bow their head and wish them. I see this also in Yoruba land( Lagos is out of the list), Hausa land and Anambra State.
My South South, Nigerian cities are not doing well at all. When we were teen, we do help Aunts and uncles for tip or for fear of oppression. Hardly see kids and teen paying respect now. Some will even drag sits with you.we need to change.

Time Punctual
Japanese are very punctual. People are anxious not to be late to their works or appointment and complete their work on time. And also, if a train arrives even a minute late, the locomotive pilot issues a late certificate to the passengers which they can show at work to prove why they are late. I read this,I was dumbfounded.
Our girls should try in this area, itsn't funny when you have to keep a prince waiting. It's possible for a camel to pass through the needle gate than some Nigerian to keep to time unless money is involve.

Secularism
Japan is a secular country. Freedom of religion is guaranteed in the constitution. They go to shrines for a wedding, or for a child’s birthday, or special holidays like New Year’s day. People born as Shinto, marry as Christian, die as Buddhist”. Nigerian failed 100% in this area. You will be ostracize in a Christian family should you try this. Sign up for dead if you convert from Islam to any religion. Effort we put in defending our faith, if same momentum are maintain, we will be a great Nation.
Attitude are cultivate not brought. Healthy contributions only please.

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From Japan? by Enudapan: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms shaa
Re: What Can Nigeria Learn From Japan? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
The US, and all European countries can equally learn from Japan... don't get it twisted, unless you believe you can let your 5yr old out of your sight in these above countries (or do any of the other points)

(1) (Reply)

REVALED! How This Kenyan Couple Was Conned By Wedding Planner / 7 Struggles That Come With Engaging In Oral / Now That # END.SARS# Is Over What Do We End Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.