Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (38005 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:20am On Sep 21, 2020
weezysays:
I think the problem is from the shipping company u used, reliable shipping companies on AliExpress includes Yanwen Economic Air Mail, Cainao Super Economy Global, Cainao Super Economy for Special Goods, AliExpress Standard Shipping, DHL, Singapore Post. Don’t try to ship using 4px Singapore Post OM Pro, China Post OM else your package won’t get to u in the next 600 years. I shipped a lot of packages using the 4px but till date I haven’t received any of them, even sent them a mail since August but no reply.

lol 600years?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Kessythegeek(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Can we make this trend on twitter?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Elsueno: 9:29am On Sep 21, 2020
Never buy Anything expensive especially if it come through Nipost, NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Moyenii(f): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2020
Most likely stealing and reselling them undecided
thunder74:
I ordered Samsung Galaxy S20 plus, IPhone Xs Max (2), Samsung Galaxy S20, and IPhone Watche Series 5 from Wish.com since July and up till now, I have not seen not received any of the above item. The phone pouches I ordered separately for the phone have been delivered.
I think someone, somewhere is stealing those items.

As a lawyer, I can lead a protest to their headquarters in Lagos, if you are a victim and you want us to do this, let me know, so as to visit their office on Tuesday or Wednesday for a protest.

I have sent two tweets to @NipostNgn today with an #tag #nipostwhereismyphone

Cc
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality
Velentinooo
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by chukskafor(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2020
I had same experience around 2012/2013 when a friend sent a phone to a relative via my post office box with other items but to my greatest surprise, other items sent was received but not with the phone; if not that i was with the person the parcels where meant for as at when i got the call, the sender wouldn't have believed my story, but in this case, i went to the post office in the company of the brother to discover the issue.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by rolams(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Not only phones ooo! I ordered solar lamp, towel and phone charger, nothing has arrived since March too.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by olowococoa: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2020
Not only phones ooh! As at March 2020 I ordered 3 pieces of wrist watch from China, a Bluetooth speaker in February and wireless earphone on wish site after tracking them to Lagos airport since March ending I am yet to receive any call from Nipost till now and have been to the post office where am supposed to receive it, they said is not yet delivered to them but they call me for undies and small small items.
I believe the staffs should be questioned about this.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2020
The products I ordered in May arrived in September even after filing a dispute some of them arrived in July in as little as 2 weeks and the guy left his number with a sample order so now I have someone I can call on the inside whenever my package shows it has arrived in Lagos.

As I said in a previous thread the issue in Nipost is much needed upgrade of equipment and electronic scanning. It is true that there is no way to track your package once it arrives in Nigeria and this is something our leaders have to improve. I’ve lived in the United States and you would be able to know when it’s out for delivery.

If there’s any advice I can give is if you are ordering electronics please pay the premium for express services as the free shipping option or cheaper one is usually slow in delivery but fast in reaching Nigeria ...it will get to Nigeria on time but imagine the amount of shipped items arriving in Nigeria at the same time by the time they actually get to scan and prep for delivery it may take months.

Most of our packages are actually in Lagos but it takes time for it to be sorted out by customs first then the Nipost clerks and they are incredibly understaffed to do the task.

I once ordered a ps4 pad from Amazon that I’m still using till today and I was able to pick it up from the post office because it updated that it was there without delay.

AliExpress will always be my go to for cheap items but they most not be items I need urgently because of the delay

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Open a dispute on the purchasing site and request a refund because you didn't receive anything.
olowococoa:
Not only phones ooh! As at March 2020 I ordered 3 pieces of wrist watch from China, a Bluetooth speaker in February and wireless earphone on wish site after tracking them to Lagos airport since March ending I am yet to receive any call from Nipost till now and have been to the post office where am supposed to receive it, they said is not yet delivered to them but they call me for undies and small small items.
I believe the staffs should be questioned about this.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by LivingBetter: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Let's make this trend on Twitter with concerned authorities tagged. How can Nipost website track and trace portal be down for so long and nothing done to bring it up. AliExpress may some day blacklist Nigeria in no distant time should this trend continues. I don't want it to be so.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Samuelon:

I don't think NIPOST are the ones holding the phones

I think it's either the ports or customs

It is not customs - before Covid19 all my aliexpress orders from phones, car floor mats, Android/IOS HUD, Clothes, Jewellery, Watches and Bluetooth Speakers all arrived consistently every 4 weeks. I went to NIPOST to pick them up, in fact they called me anytime I get a package because I often tip them separately.

This is a strange new trend - It is frustrating but I don't think this thread will do justice. whoever is in charge of NIPOST needs to be outed on Social Media and Notices sent to their personal home address

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by rali123(f): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2020
They are bunch of thieves, I have experience with Mushin and Agege Nipost and it not a pleasant one, ship through them at your expense. undecided
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by AngelicBeing: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2020
wink
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by iKingsley(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2020
kponkedenge:

Sorry about your predicament... Never used them before, but I wanted to ask.... Can't UPS or DHL be used for your shipping....instead of NIPOST?
most of the items we order from overseas are delivered as mails. Items sent through courier like China Registered Air Mail, Singapore Post, Sunyou, SF Express, EMS, 4PX, Canaio etc, are all delivered through postal service of a country. But if DHL and FedEx can work, why can't our own postal service?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by moogoogaipan: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2020
You appear to be the only one to know exactly what had happened.

Not any issue of stealing...

This is exactly what happened..

Covid-19 pandemic ensured the lacuna that was latent in Nipost to be reflective...

All new items are being piled on old one's and each other, most untracked and no Nipost effected tracking system.

We are talking about 100s of thousands of items in arrears, due to worker's covid-19 absentia.

While workers were at home and the airport closed for commercial air services, cargos are being delivered in troves..

I am not holding brief for Nipost but i myself had had items shown to have been delivered in Ikeja and i could only receive it, months after... and i had had others delivered swiftly...

So let us all calm down...

Kei144:

A lot of items arrives and there were few workers to sort them and apparently sorting is not often done according to date of arrival. I am not a NIPOST official. I also have these same problems with NIPOST, but I now understand that they are managing a crisis. Crisis management is not often so orderly, just like commanding troops that are under intense fire from the adversary. I once posted a damning thread against NIPOST, which I now regret:

https://www.nairaland.com/5661756/parcel-thief-nipost-frustrating-life#94146043

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by KGBEAST(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala
I thought it was only me. It seems to be a delibrate act of sabotage by NIPOST STAFFS, I ordered my current phone on ALIEXPRESS on the 31st of JULY ( a day before my birthday) an LG G7 it arrived in Nigeria on the 1st of september, NIPOST STAFFS AT REDEMPTION CAMP MOWE WHERE I LIVED decided to not give it to me, they had to be moving me on merry go round trip from REDEMPTION CAMP MOWE TO MOUNTAIN TOP IBAFO for over 14 days ( 2 weeks), I had to create a scene and almost break bottle on somebodies head, call NIPOST head office at Abuja, it took a lot of dribbling between me and NIPOST staffs before they finally answered me as I called their branch office at SAGAMU ( which dispatches to MOWE and IBAFO ) it took a lot of back and forth between myself and FIVE DIFFERENT NIPOST STAFFS AT NIPOST HEAD OFFICE, ABUJA, BRANCH OFFICE SAGAMU, THE IBAFO STAFF( ALFA is his nickname) it took a while before they answered me before blocking some of my numbers not knowing I have over 5 different sims between my self and my siblings, it took a while before they answered me, before they told me my package has been at REDEMPTION CAMP, MOWE for over two weeks where I started my missionary journey all along, I was LIVID, I almost slapped someone after wasting my time and money on transport for over TWO WEEKS, it took the grace of GOD to stop me from beating someone, when I got there, the staffs at NIPOST OFFICE REDEMPTION CAMP NON CHALLANTLY told me that it wasn't their fault, that they sent me a text message since that I didn't respond, that they IGNORED THE MATTER, EVEN THOUGH THEY SAW ME AT THEIR OFFICES IN PERSON REPEATEDLY (NOT ONCE OR TWICE OR THRICE) OVER A TWO WEEK PERIOD (14 WHOLE DAYS), I JUST LAUGHED AT THIS PEOPLE, it is an IGBO boy they want to scam angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by kelly72: 9:58am On Sep 21, 2020
That your phone may already be in use by someone in Nigeria or is lying down waiting for a customer at computer village. NIPOST, DHL etc alwys think those shipments were purchased by yahoo boys with stolen credit cards. So they will receive and keep them to themselves. Only if you go there threatening fire and brimstone would they know you are not afraid of police. Then you may get another phone that somehow resembles the one you ordered. This is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by teepee072: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2020
This a link to their page on twitter, please let's make our grievances known
https://twitter.com/NipostNgn?s=09
Kessythegeek:
Can we make this trend on twitter?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by justli: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2020
thunder74:
I ordered Samsung Galaxy S20 plus, IPhone Xs Max (2), Samsung Galaxy S20, and IPhone Watche Series 5 from Wish.com since July and up till now, I have not seen not received any of the above item. The phone pouches I ordered separately for the phone have been delivered.
I think someone, somewhere is stealing those items.

As a lawyer, I can lead a protest to their headquarters in Lagos, if you are a victim and you want us to do this, let me know, so as to visit their office on Tuesday or Wednesday for a protest.

I have sent two tweets to @NipostNgn today with an #tag #nipostwhereismyphone

Cc
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality
Velentinooo

The problem with Nigeria is that most of these people complaining want magical help; they won't spare time to go out in mass protest .
Thanks for the suggestion. A lot of people feed off AliExpress, and the platform must not be shot because of greedy nipost officials who are on govt salary...
Another option is to come in team of say, 10 and visit ordinary Ahmed Isa. He is one man that can summon the necessary authority and see to it that people get sacked for this.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by omophunky(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Me that my order is in Nigeria since 2018 till now i've not receive it.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ghettochild(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2020
I think it's time a company that will offer cheap services begin to compete with NIPOST..
The only thing NIPOST is good for is stealing fones and expensive gadgets
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ghettochild(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2020
I think aliexpress shd blacklist nigeria... We just can't get things right....
Businesses can't keep losing money because of us.. So it's better for em to blacklist us...
Enough is enough with the bad images we portray inside n outside Nigeria to other parts of the world
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by papyskinsy: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2020
saint2ace:

Boss hope you read my message properly, there's an official umidigi store on AliExpress run by umidigi themselves not resellers, and I can tell you for free that they no longer ship to Nigeria.

You bought from a reseller not the main store.... Cheers

Uncle I knw what yu are saying I got it from the main stores.. although hav not checked recently
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2020
Emily22:

Tracking on nipost site....are you kidding me.....that website is as useless as npower website
Have you tried it, or you saying on conceived assumption.
It is working in Port Harcourt

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by hollas2jnr(m): 10:16am On Sep 21, 2020
I recently had the same issue with NIPOST. I ordered a wristwatch from AE since march and yet to receive it till date. Upon tracking, i was told it's been in Nigeria, with NIPOST precisely but my wristwatch hasn't gotten to me till date.

I think I'll stay off AE for now.

Some Nigerians have no iota of shame at all.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by dagdag: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2020
Guys

For all of those have issues with their delivery through NIPOST, I suggest you keep hammering on the issue on places like Facebook and Twitter and make sure you tag the communication minister Isa Pantami each time. Am sure he will take it up when it catches his attention. He seems to be a responsive minister and NIPOST in under his ministry.

Good luck!
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2020
ihustlehard:

Oga ,nipost tracking system has been non functional for ages, even last three years when it managed to work. It was epileptic,,
Things are done from hand to hand now
Let them not fool you.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by henrygold100: 10:19am On Sep 21, 2020
GreatSage:
Get on twitter narrate your ordeal, tag nipost, efcc, and other agencies. we need to put a stop to all this.
supported
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ihustlehard: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2020
indigene:

Let them not fool you.
You are the one that is getting fooled bro, its not functional, u can not track any nipost international parcel there
Im a regular aliexpress shopper

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2020
Chai.. Na so una money take go

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ibietela2(m): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2020
igbsam:

Pls what private shipping company do you use ? Nipost are a bunch of corporate crooks and thieves

I use shoptomydoor.com
I don't use their express shipping though as DHL will handle that which means double expenses and taxes
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:

Nipost track and trace has stopped working a long time ago. They even told me at Marina GPO to stop using it
I am not working for nipost, don't let them fool you, do not accept that defeatist illogical statements.
It is working

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Home Of Alabaconnect: Cheap Tv Section / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Come In For Budget Laptops - Slightly Above Or Below 400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.