Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37987 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 21, 2020
Wrong, I ordered a tablet last December from aliexpress and got this January.

The problem with Aliexpress is that they issue tracking numbers to multiple customers, in essence your phone has been sent to another person who was issued your tracking id.

You will get your money refunded if you be not received the phone after the dispute period.

Another angle could be nipost staff who pilfer parcels, a common thing in nipost.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by imagrg(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2020
I have a similar experience with WISH. I placed order for 5 smartphones, a tablet and some phone accessories since March. Only the accessories were received and non of the phones got to me in spite of the fact that it actually arrived Nigeria long ago. I suspect that some NIPOST Staff are responsible for this pilfering. The government should make them stop this.

Some NIPOST Staff are portraying Nigeria in a bad way.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2020
indigene:

Have you tried it, or you saying on conceived assumption.
It is working in Port Harcourt

enter a tracking code and see for yourself
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by omokudu(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2020
If u enter some of these nipost workers houses ehhh, u go think say na small gadget shop you enter. Na so u go dey see speakers, Bluetooth, sun glasses (just name it!)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2020
imagrg:
I have a similar experience with WISH. I placed order for 5 smartphones, a tablet and some phone accessories since March. Only the accessories were received and non of the phones got to me in spite of the fact that it actually arrived Nigeria long ago. I suspect that some NIPOST Staff are responsible for this pilfering. The government should make them stop this.

Some NIPOST Staff are portraying Nigeria in a bad way.

which site b diz
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2020
omokudu:
If u enter some of these nipost workers houses ehhh, u go think say na small gadget shop you enter. Na so u go dey see speakers, Bluetooth, sun glasses (just name it!)

LWKM OOOOOOO
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by puretayo(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2020
See rubbish services dem dey rendered. If only our judiciary is working, u supposed sue them and get better money for damages.
2cribz:
Na lie. I ordered a sneaker in march. I gpt refunded in july. 1st qeek pf september i qent to get my package,i got the sneaker but this time it had been tampered with,they
Opened the sole maybe thinking i hid drugs or money inside it,destroyed it 4me completely.i knw say na work of nipost.i later threw it away cos factory gum diff from shoe maker own.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2020
indigene:

I am not working for nipost, don't let them fool you, do not accept that defeatist illogical statements.
It is working
It wasn't the counter staff that told me that. I had a serious issue where my order was sent back to Singapore so I had to talk a woman higher up than the ones attending to customers. Immediately I mentioned nipost track and trace, she said I should leave that one for now. That they haven't been getting updates there for a long time.
Ignoring what she said...track24 dot net also does the same thing nipost track and trace does. So it's nothing special. They both depend on the same online tracking.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2020
ihustlehard:

You are the one that is getting fooled bro, its not functional, u can not track any nipost international parcel there
Im a regular aliexpress shopper
Then let's not cry over spoilt eggs, You can as well use DHL, EMS which are more secured
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Hamnas(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2020
I ordered 15 item since March but only one was delivered last month, and it was even open to see what inside
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by izzou(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
I have been calling all their customer care number I saw on their twitter page, the calls are going through but nobody is picking up.

The one that managed to pick up asked me to send my tracking number and call back after some minutes. I sent the tracking number, and called back after some time, she refused to pick again.

Chai!!! I don't even know who to call again.

Which kain wahala be this.

As requested.

I have created a thread for it on twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ade_FOA/status/1307962389883760640

Please let us go and express our frustrations there

Sorry bro, buy how long did the other Accessories take to arrive?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by daclemx: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2020
Let me give you guys a piece of advice.

Before you order anything, ensure you have friends in your zone's post office. When your item lands, he or she will contact you. Your friend should be someone working in the post office. Sort the person from time to time too. Omo, this country, na only God go help us.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Abdogood(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Small small dem go destroy dem business and come and blame govt policy. If na stamp duty fight now. Them sabi that one wella. Corrupt country called a nation. We're our own problem.

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Ooe33: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2020
There is no bad image. Phones and other items are still been delivered by nipost, dhl and the rest carriers. But once dey get to Nigeria, u have to pay custom duty for those items. Especially phones over 30k
What u should do is talk to ur seller or confirm the whereabout of ur items from the app (tracking). If it's with customs. Pay ur duty and get ur item delivered to u on schedule.
Problem is, since most of these items price are under declared or declared as gift so as to sail through customs without hitch. And Ali done wise up.

Valentinooo:

Seriously, this is another bad image for Nigeria.
If aliexpress kept refunding Nigerians for items that have been shipped to their country, then it's only a matter of time before they blacklist us.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Mad oooo cheesy grin. Everybody na thief for this country
omokudu:
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Please add your voice on Twitter
Move the hashtag #nipostreleaseourphones
And tag these people
@MBuhari
@ProfOsinbajo
@DrIsaPantami
@officialEFCC
@ICPC_PE
@CustomsNG
@nigerianports
@PoliceNG
@Naija_PR
@NGRPresident
@NipostNgn
@YeleSowore
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2020
Ooe33:
There is no bad image. Phones and other items are still been delivered by nipost, dhl and the rest carriers. But once dey get to Nigeria, u have to pay custom duty for those items. Especially phones over 30k
What u should do is talk to ur seller or confirm the whereabout of ur items from the app (tracking). If it's with customs. Pay ur duty and get ur item delivered to u on schedule.
Problem is, since most of these items price are under declared or declared as gift so as to sail through customs without hitch. And Ali done wise up.

Hmmm... Are you sure you know how AliExpress works?
All these don't apply to AliExpress standard shipping.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sanyahkod(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2020
A couple of items I ordered from Aliexpress and Wish vanished in Nipost. They enjoy stealing as they believe you will in no time forget about it and move on.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2020
grin
omokudu:
grin
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2020
ihustlehard:

You are the one that is getting fooled bro, its not functional, u can not track any nipost international parcel there
Im a regular aliexpress shopper
Please add your voice on Twitter
Move the hashtag #nipostreleaseourphones
And tag these people
@MBuhari
@ProfOsinbajo
@DrIsaPantami
@officialEFCC
@ICPC_PE
@CustomsNG
@nigerianports
@PoliceNG
@Naija_PR
@NGRPresident
@NipostNgn
@YeleSowore

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ridbell01(m): 11:30am On Sep 21, 2020
My brother send a well compose email to them
Copy the Nigeria Police, EFCC, ICPC but sure you have your evidences intact. You can also write a petition on that because those people have corrupt officials that seat on people package especially if it RUNS package.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Fash20: 11:30am On Sep 21, 2020
Zoo will always be zoo. Very incompetent greddy set of people I have ever seen in my life.

Useless country useless agencies.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by fm7070: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2020
Most of these items has been stolen by NIPOST despatchers. I ordered for car inverters and some other things, up till now, I have not seen it. This is shameful of NIPOST.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Ooe33: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2020
Lol. I am a platinum member. And have been shopping there since 2010.
Check my last quote. I told u how their shipping works. They either declare it as gift or under declared the price of the goods. Sellers even chat u up to know which one u would prefer and which price they should declare.

Lemonz:

Hmmm... Are you sure you know how AliExpress works?
All these don't apply to AliExpress standard shipping.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Fash20: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2020
ridbell01:
Copy the Nigeria Police, EFCC, ICPC but sure you have your evidences intact. You can also write a petition on that because those people have corrupt officials that seat on people package especially if it RUNS package.

I wonder how we got to this state in this useless country
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2020
bigseank:
it is a regular something from Nipost. they are fantastically corrupt in that parastatal.

Go to where it is to be delivered, and request to see senior management. Do like you get choko for head o, and brag a bit about knowing people and taking up the matter.

I suggest u guy's go to Twitter to complain and tag top people in this country... Fear go catch them small.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by DANNYBELT(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Ooe33:
Lol. I am a platinum member. And have been shopping there since 2010.
Check my last quote. I told u how their shipping works. They either declare it as gift or under declared the price of the goods. Sellers even chat u up to know which one u would prefer and which price they should declare.

grin nothing but respect oga.
All the orders I've made and seen people make, I don't recall them mentioning this part of the transaction.
Are you talking about buying in bulk?
Or is it that the seller just does it without saying anything.
Anyways I'm just saying that I've not seen whwre anyone was made to pay fees to receive any order shipped with AliExpress standard shipping.
Except for the post office charges but that's a different thing.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by officialfestus(m): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2020
My two pen drives cry
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by katordidi(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2020
mctfopt:
I can't really fault NIPOST as my experiences with em has been generally ok. Never lost a single package, all my package that never arrived I got refunded. I've even received package 6 months after I have been refunded. Unfortunately, in most of these instances I can't reach seller as some have either closed or gone out of business. I never really understand why most AE sellers keep closing stores and I guess opening under a new name. AE must've made it very easy for this to happen.

It's been long I ordered phone off AE. But all my goods that I never received is either lost in transit or still in China. Never had issues where my items are in Nigeria (from tracking info) and didn't get to me.
. it's not NIPOST doing the refund it's the sellers on AliExpress that are bearing the cost. I ordered a phone accessory and NIPOST delivery staff brought it to my address 6 months after I raised a dispute and got a partial refund from the seller, was also wondering how the sellers break even in their business after refunding for a lot of items that get lost or stolen by our NIPOST. They will stop selling to Nigeria soon
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by 2kurupt(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2020
ibietela2:
You guys should stop using free shipping that goes directly to nipost.

Those guys will make us look like criminals, i have lost parcels when amazon shipped my items with them.

Now i use a private shipping company. I haven't lost any single item except a shattered screen guard

Sup man, am also based in Port Harcourt and would like to know the private shipping company you use
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
ridbell01:

Following what you said I decided to write up something like a rough work I would like you guys here to review and share you opinion on. I would attach screenshots, links and proof read later

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<

Good day sir/ma
I hope this email meets you in good health. There has been a regular pattern of occurrences with packages that were ordered on AliExpress. Initially it was thought to he the effects of the covid19 pandemic on the country. But with recent complaints that have been received on a thread on the popular nairaland platform : LINK
it looks like something bigger is going on that we the buyers don't know about.
From my personal experience, I have noticed that less valuable items arrive very much faster than the more valuable ones ( most commonly phones). Using my case as an example, I mad an order on the 23rd on June with AliExpress and on the 8th of July, the tracking information was updated that it has been despatched to destination country - Nigeria. Ever since that date, there hasn't been any information regarding my package anywhere. I have visited the general post office at Marina multiple times and when they tried to track it for me they came up with nothing.
A different order that I made five days after the initial smartphone order (for an accessory to be used with the phone) has arrived since the 25th of August. This accessory was despatched 10 days after the phone was despatched and ordered five days after. It is very surprising that there is still no update on the phone up till now.
My situation is on the lighter side because there are people on the thread who have been waiting for their smartphone orders since as early as March, April and May.
Meanwhile they have received trivial items like cheap accessories. Surely there is more to it than we, the buyers know.
The trust that sellers have in Nigeria has taken a deep plunge as stores on the popular site AliExpress have decided to blacklist Nigeria. I believe that if this continue, it would be a great hit on the people here in Nigeria.
A few weeks later, an influx of testimonies of packages being received, flooded the thread. But as much as we asked "did anyone receive a phone" the answers were "No..."
It's a truly sad situation to use ones hard earned money to make a purchase online and then it reaches our country Nigeria and then it's nowhere to be found.
There are a lot of opinions I can pour out but it would not nearly be enough to show the weight of the situation I and hundreds of people (counting only those that decided to share their stories) are facing.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Come In For Budget Laptops - Slightly Above Or Below 400k / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.