Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA (54057 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / AnambraDecides: Accord Party's Godwin Maduka Wins Own Ward, Loses LGA To APGA / Edo 2020: I Will Denounce My Indigeneship And Leave Edo If Ize Iyamu Loses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by fowlyansh181(m): 11:12am On Sep 20, 2020
Obaseki beat this people flawless victory
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by naiirablog: 11:15am On Sep 20, 2020
EdmundChidera:
Do you know that Oshobaba voted PDP

grin grin grin

Is this real or,photpshopped
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by elantraceey(f): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2020
Uyi168:
.. What I find worrisome is that we still have people voting for APC..

I swear, though some of their scores is manipulated but for someone to dress, leave his house and vote APC beats my imagination

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2020
aminulive:

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/ize-iyamu-loses-home-local-government-area-in-edo-governorship-poll-captain-hosa-beaten-in-unit-lga/

No place for godfatherism in Edo and Anambra state

Billionaire that jas not helped his people with his money can't pick a leader for them.

Eze
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Guyman02: 11:22am On Sep 20, 2020
Baawahala:

Those guys analyse politics with sentiments
All I see is that majority of them support candidates you guys don't support whether good or bad,they don't care. They win because they have power to turn the real outcome either through the courts or violence... but at the end you are always justified...

The reality is that their is less sentiments in the Igbo pattern of voting. They can vote for the underdog if they feel he will better their lives.
It has also become a norm that whichever candidate Igbos support will be resisted by the Yorubas especially their Muslim brothers who believe in following godfathers and creating a cult followership for an individual.
Igbos voted twice for Obasanjo when Yorubas rejected him, Yorubas voted Buhari and Igbos voted against him, can you compare Obasanjo with Buhari in terms of performance and other leadership indices?

2 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Born2Breed(f): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2020
KingintheNorth:
If PDP should win Edo then APC will rather die than than lose Ondo .

Ondo Is Not Lagos
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Hedonisco: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Uyi168:
.. What I find worrisome is that we still have people voting for APC..

I swear. Just too disgusting.
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by OdaNobunaga(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
I thought zombies said any candidate
supported by South East will always lose ?

Let's at least take a break from that particular shading cool
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Theevilone(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2020
NaijaFutbol:
Relatively free and fair election.

Captures the will of the Edo people.

Not rigging this is a Master Stroke from the Northern APC caucus.

They are playing the long game against Tinubu 2023.

Maybe the certificate issue will be used to hold Gov Obaseki in check.

Let’s see how it goes

Congratulations Edo people.

I hope Ambode is watching

There is no such long game, Edolites voted their choice no northern business here keep that ur analysis from this .

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by skywalker240(m): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2020
wonder233:
From Aduwawa in Benin I'll make a comment on nairaland regarding my own state elections, a coward from Mushin in Lagos will counter my comment with gibberish he knows nothing about.
As in..

The idiots would be commenting rubbish from their leaky roofed face me i slap you dirty one room.

People that does not stay in benin, would still say Obaseki has acheived nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by akure1stson: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2020
wonder233:
From Aduwawa in Benin I'll make a comment on nairaland regarding my own state elections, a coward from Mushin in Lagos will counter my comment with gibberish he knows nothing about.

no blame dem, The bullion van man, has bought their brain

2 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2020
Guyman02:

The reality is that their is less sentiments in the Igbo pattern of voting. They can vote for the underdog if they feel he will better their lives.
It has also become a norm that whichever candidate Igbos support will be resisted by the Yorubas especially their Muslim brothers who believe in following godfathers and creating a cult followership for an individual.
Igbos voted twice for Obasanjo when Yorubas rejected him, Yorubas voted Buhari and Igbos voted against him, can you compare Obasanjo with Buhari in terms of performance and other leadership indices?
Very few of us understand this narrative.
But the fear majority of us have against the Igbo man emanated from the civil war,that war which I think was for a good course.
Not knowing that the Igbo elites of today are less pragmatic than those in the past. They can sell their people just for personal gains.
As for your neighbours, they are neither here nor their
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by akure1stson: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2020
Hollusilva28:
:PTruly I can see that Edo is not Lagos . how I wish my osun state become new Edo and deliver us from drug baron guy. obaseki 2 Vs ize 0 Truly I can see that Edo is not Lagos . how I wish my osun state become new Edo and deliver us from drug baron guy. obaseki 2 Vs ize 0

is because u guys slept on the nyt of election coalition
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Dyke15(m): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2020
KingintheNorth:
Notin kwansin us kwansin Ondo. Na Edo we carry 4 head lyk gala. Aketi can ve Ondo coz our main aim na to disgrace dat OshoMonkey
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by shiwex: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2020
KingintheNorth:

They wont.....if you are a performing governor, no point in voting you out..
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Conrod: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2020
elantraceey:

I swear, though some of their scores is manipulated but for someone to dress, leave his house and vote APC beats my imagination
and you forget say people dress well,wrhte note before they comit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by linearity: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
Ambode had no chance of surviving the heat. You guys should leave Ambode alone make the guy rest.

At least he would have fought like a man, and not behave like a pvssy.

If presented with the odds of fight you lose, don’t fight you lose, at least fight so that you will acquire muscle mass for the next fight. With all the promises they gave him, where is he today apart from the history books?
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by elantraceey(f): 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
Conrod:
and you forget say people dress well,wrhte note before they comit suicide.
Na true.
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Omoluabi16(m): 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

It's either Ambode was weak, or simply too corrupt and compromised to put up a fight... This is why clean hands or well covered tracks are a must for an intelligent and ambitious politician and leader.
Ambode was simply compromised. People who yab him are simply clueless. Godfatherism in Lagos is DEEPLY rooted, you can't just uproot it in a single election. Market women have a bloc vote.Who controls the market? State house.. senate..federal house of reps
.. parastatals.Tinubu stooges everywhere. When Ambode tried to raise dust and called Sanwo olu a drug addict, who back him? Nobody. Dude would have been IMPEACHED. He would have lost every entitlement like Femi Pedro. I don't blame him one bit.

As for Tinubu, one day na one day. It's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by IGBOSON1: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
This happened because corona has helped us get rid of most of the election riggers domiciled in Aso Rock! And the ones remaining just aren’t that interested in rigging Edo elections!
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Angelfrost(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Ambode was simply compromised. People who yab him are simply clueless. Godfatherism in Lagos is DEEPLY rooted, you can't just uproot it in a single election. Market women have a bloc vote.Who controls the market? State house.. senate..federal house of reps
.. parastatals.Tinubu stooges everywhere. When Ambode tried to raise dust and called Sanwo olu a drug addict, who back him? Nobody. Dude would have been IMPEACHED. He would have lost every entitlement like Femi Pedro. I don't blame him one bit.

As for Tinubu, one day na one day. It's just a matter of time.

Tinubu's grip on Lagos is strong and ruthlessly so... He is years ahead of every opposition and the voting population.

It might take death to loosen his grip!!!
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by IGBOSON1: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
taylor88:
In my widest dreams I never believed these results could turn out this way after all the decamping and godfatherism

Omo Obaseki na man

Ambode is supposed to go hungry for 600yrs

I think it’s unfair to castigate Ambode and compare his situation then with Edo election of yesterday!

To start with, corona has decimated a sizeable number of the cabal that normally determines who will ‘win’ elections or Supreme Court cases! Also, Ambode would have faced the formidable Tinubu rigging machine in 2019, and this was at a time the cabal wanted him to be as powerful as can be to help them with the Buhari re-election bid! Right now, it looks like they’d prefer a more weakened Tinubu in the run-up to 2023!
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Funpeter: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
LORDKing001:
Edo no b lagos. What will now happen to those house of assembly members who decamped earlier? Will they still be allow back or those commissioners who resigned their appointments.
I have been thinking about this honestly....... Obaseki go pay those wey loyal for him.... Edo next governor should be his deputy honestly......
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Funpeter: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I think it’s unfair to castigate Ambode and compare his situation then with Edo election of yesterday!

To start with, corona has decimated a sizeable number of the cabal that normally determines who will ‘win’ elections or Supreme Court cases! Also, Ambode would have faced the formidable Tinubu rigging machine in 2019, and this was at a time the cabal wanted him to be as powerful as can be to help them with the Buhari re-election bid! Right now, it looks like they’d prefer a more weakened Tinubu in the run-up to 2023!
True the odds are really against Ambode he doesn't have control over the house and if they impeach him he won't have resources to contest so it will be a big lost for him.... That why Tinubu always give them technocrats as deputy and even governor.

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by LORDKing001: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
Funpeter:
I have been thinking about this honestly....... Obaseki go pay those wey loyal for him.... Edo next governor should be his deputy honestly......
Frying pan to fire. Never leave someone in hard times. Moral lesson were I don learn.

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by LORDKing001: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
Funpeter:
Bringing his deputy will be seen as Godfatherism fa. Same thing him d preach against
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by emmyN(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
wonder233:

Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Climax4: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
#OBAGOALISAGOAL
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by erico2k2(m): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
aminulive:

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/ize-iyamu-loses-home-local-government-area-in-edo-governorship-poll-captain-hosa-beaten-in-unit-lga/
It would be at this point that he should have counted his loses and stop imidiate spending of money and get the Bus to ABJ.
Re: Ize-Iyamu Loses LGA In Edo Governorship Poll, Okunbo Hosa Beaten In Unit LGA by Unrated900(m): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
taylor88:
In my widest dreams I never believed these results could turn out this way after all the decamping and godfatherism

Omo Obaseki na man

Ambode is supposed to go hungry for 600yrs

My guy I appreciate effort of you edo people and those flying by night using edomirates airlines.

Leave ambode out he stepped down so as not to die young

An adage in edo says you run today to fight for another day...

Ambode na man

Elections no be do or die

Once again up obaseki

Down Eze keyamo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum / Mohammed Wali Is Acting Chairman Of INEC, As Jega Leaves / Israel Okwu Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Father Speaks On Call For His Son's Re-Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.