Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool (23910 Views)

Victor Osimhen's Brace Sends Napoli Top Of Serie A After Big Win At Sampdoria / Fans React To Neymar And Mbappe 'Money Celebration' After Goal Against Liverpool / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by hotwax: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Liverpool keeper have also made the same mistake in one of his first few matches in the premier league.

Chelsea loss is far beyond Kepa mistake. The players performance was awful. They played as if they have no ambition. With the clear opportunities they had yesterday, a confident and hungry team would have make good use if it.

I'm a Chelsea fan and I totally doubt Chelsea chance to win any trophy this season. With this kind of dulling coaching, Lampard will be packing his baggage this season.

How many games did Liverpool loss late season to win the league.

I thought I was the only one who saw those chances..kante faced Liverpool net, but turned around and did back pass. Werner also had the chance, but slowed down waiting for Liverpool defender to catch-up on him.

Very unusual of Werner, I think lampard is doing something odd with those players. His games are just negativity, playing sideways
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by pyrex23(m): 7:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Dididrumz:
Liverpool is seriously back with the fire again.

I wish them all the best this season

Which fire?
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by BabaO2: 7:29am On Sep 21, 2020
icuminpiss:
Lampard clueless sha, harvert was way better than mount yesterday, but he had to bench kai instead of mount? Patiently waiting for him to say pulisic,chillwel, ziyech and thiago ain't fit... If all this people come back, I want know through where mount, jorginho and christensen wan start match... Idiots
Be objective ore, is mount a bad player? Kai is a slicky and fragile player, he can't excel in a choked up match like like, moreover, when playing one man down. Mount is a very good and complete player.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by eddyslim(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2020
All Hail Godwine Obaseki.
Edo Truly No Be Lagos.
Obaseki No Be Ambode.
God Bless South South.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 21, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Lampard stop backing that money miss road kid. Buy a new keeper and sell him to division 1 club before we Chelsea fans lose our cool.

We don't have the patience like Arsenal. No mediocrity is allowed in Chelsea.

Kepa's stay in Chelsea is more guaranteed than that of Lampard.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Seunpaul01(m): 7:34am On Sep 21, 2020
hotwax:

I thought I was the only one who saw those chances..kante faced Liverpool net, but turned around and did back pass. Werner also had the chance, but slowed down waiting for Liverpool defender to catch-up on him.

Very unusual of Werner, I think lampard is doing something odd with those players. His games are just negativity, playing sideways

Believe me guy, Lampard will not be in Chelsea next season. No doubt. It doesn't seem to me that Chelsea have any style of playing. The players always appear less motivated to play.

I left the match yesterday as soon as Liverpool score the second goal.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Viking007(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Useless club with a more clueless manager. Your players can't even score a penalty.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by saajus: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2020
Fans sha. Do you know that was the first time Jorginho missed a penalty in 90 mins play for Chelsea (not shootout) using the "mumu" style as you called it? I don't blame Chelsea for entrusting the penalty into his hands at that crucial time. I always know he will be found out someday. If I were a Goalie, I wouldn't move an inch for his fake. That's what Alisson did. He didn't fall for it. I am not a fan of that style at all, but it has been working for him until yday.
Jorginho might not have the chance always to play when all Chelsea players are fit and no more Willian, Lampard should make Werner the team penalty taker.

hotwax:

Mount is untouchable. We saw how havertz and Timo were exchanging passes fluently at the front before the red card.

Chelsea made a mistake buying those talents for lampard.

The guy prefer English donkeys. Watch how he always parade a weakened team because of his mount. Mount shouldn't have a jersey now, especially with these signings..I don't see who mount can bench.

Lampard will rather we loose than bench mount. It's until Chelsea fans start attacking mount and loftus cheek on the road before he stops using them.

But why can't Chelsea allow Werner play his penalty? Why can't them allow him break his goal deadlock?

Why are these people negative minded? Them be cult ni? This guy is working his assss off..for one jugunu to be playing mumu stylish penalty...

Are they mad ni?

1 Like

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by ruggedtimi(m): 7:36am On Sep 21, 2020
tfash96:
More misfortune for Chelsea not a curse.. They should be fighting for top 4 as usual
na top two...full squad not available yet. Chelsea go murder people this season
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by ruggedtimi(m): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2020
BabaO2:

Be objective ore, is mount a bad player? Kai is a slicky and fragile player, he can't excel in a choked up match like like, moreover, when playing one man down. Mount is a very good and complete player.
mount didn't complete any cross or throughball inside the box. The only shot he took was wide. Havertz as an attacker played some killer pass to Werner and mount. And tried few crosses.

1 Like

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by BabaO2: 7:38am On Sep 21, 2020
prigoz:
Liverpool is Chelsea's husband, they marry Chelsea anytime any day, so bear it
Na lie, na only this trying times. We dey beat them wella both home and away, even at the edge of lifting the premiership on their home ground when they needed just 1 point to do so
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by icuminpiss(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2020
hotwax:

Mount is untouchable. We saw how havertz and Timo were exchanging passes fluently at the front before the red card.

The guy prefer English donkeys. Watch how he always parade a weakened team because of his mount. Mount shouldn't have a jersey now, especially with these signings..I don't see who mount can bench.

Lampard will rather we loose than bench mount. It's until Chelsea fans start attacking mount and loftus cheek on the road before he stops using them.

But why can't Chelsea allow Werner play his penalty? Why can't them allow him break his goal deadlock?

Why are these people negative minded? Them be cult ni? This guy is working his assss off..for one jugunu to be playing mumu stylish penalty...

Are they mad ni?
Before J5 played the penalty,i told a guy besides me that he will miss. I don't like his way of playing panalities

1 Like

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by heykims(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Lekan239:
did you know why nobody is talking about the penalty jorginho missed yesterday?
Why?
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Humanoid01(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Seunpaul01:
Liverpool keeper have also made the same mistake in one of his first few matches in the premier league.

Chelsea loss is far beyond Kepa mistake. The players performance was awful. They played as if they have no ambition. With the clear opportunities they had yesterday, a confident and hungry team would have make good use if it.

I'm a Chelsea fan and I totally doubt Chelsea chance to win any trophy this season. With this kind of dulling coaching, Lampard will be packing his baggage this season.

With the way Tomori played yesterday, I keep wondering why Lampard keeps him on the bench. I keep saying this, Christensen isn't a good defender and isn't fit for Chelsea. Tomori's tackles are so neat, and he barely gets beaten on take ons. If we didn't have Silva, I would have preferred Tomori to pair with Zouma then our defence would be rock solid again. As for Christensen, I'm glad he's going to miss 2 or 3 matches.

I think the boys played well yesterday despite being a man down. Even though they were obviously dominated, they still created some chances and were able to gain a penalty. If not for Kepa's mistake, the game would have ended 1-0 and with a ruthless Liverpool team, I think 2-0 was a fair result.

I don't think the team should be judged yet since the better number of the new signings have not featured, as well as Pulisic who was a key figure last season. With the way Werner has been playing, his partnership with Pulisic and Ziyech will be deadly, trust me. For stability in the defence and a complimentary attacking option, we're waiting for Thiago and Chillwell.

I think the best is yet to come. Chelsea will be a force to be reckoned with in a few weeks time. As for Havertz, I think he was piss poor in the first game. I only watched the last five minutes of the first half or so, so I can't rate his performance yesterday. I think he'll settle in when the team blends together.

So please let's be patient and KTBFFH!

2 Likes

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by icuminpiss(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2020
hotwax:

Are they mad ni?
Before J5 played the penalty,i told a guy besides me that he will miss. I don't like his way of playing penalities, there's a higher chance he will miss.. Tho we have a striker and he needs goal, why not Werner be the one playing it?
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Dididrumz(m): 7:44am On Sep 21, 2020
pyrex23:

Which fire?

Guy say the truth when You see it and Stop being sentimental.
No dey here dey ask me which fire when You know the guys are in top form for now.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by BabaO2: 7:44am On Sep 21, 2020
ruggedtimi:
mount didn't complete any cross or throughball inside the box. The only shot he took was wide. Havertz as an attacker played some killer pass to Werner and mount. And tried few crosses.
Let's have hope. We need to fix left back, Alonso is terribly too slow, we need to solve central defence also.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by EmekaBlue(m): 7:45am On Sep 21, 2020
What could be a huge game issa lie

League just started abegi

Bloggers easy biko
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Humanoid01(m): 7:45am On Sep 21, 2020
ruggedtimi:
I think Havertz was sacrificed because he's not really good defensively. We were a man down, and his inability to fight for the ball wouldn't have helped the team. Mount on the other hand is a hustler off the ball, so leaving him on the pitch was justified. I really hope I'm right.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by icuminpiss(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Humanoid01:

With the way Tomori played yesterday, I keep wondering why Lampard keeps him on the bench. I keep saying this, Christensen isn't a good defender and isn't fit for Chelsea. Tomori's tackles are so neat, and he barely gets beaten on take ons. If we didn't have Silva, I would prefer Tomori to pair with Zouma then our defence would be rock solid again. As for Christensen, I'm glad he's going to miss 2 or 3 matches.

I think the boys played well yesterday despite being a man down. Even though they were obviously dominated, they still created some chances and were able to gain a penalty. If not for Kepa's mistake, the game would have ended 1-0 and with a ruthless Liverpool team, I think 2-0 was a fair result.

I don't think the team should be judged yet since the better number of the new signings have not featured, as well as Pulisic who was a key figure last season. With the way Werner has been playing, his partnership with Pulisic and Ziyech will be deadly, trust me. For stability in the defence and a complimentary attacking option, we're waiting for Thiago and Chillwell.

I think the best is yet to come. Chelsea will be a force to be reckoned with in a few weeks time. As for Havertz, I think he was piss poor in the first game. I only watched the last five minutes of the first half or so, so I can't rate his performance. I think he'll settle in when the team blends together.

So please let's be patient and KTBFFH!
Kai Havertz gave alot of nice passes we needed and they didn't make use of the pass well, watch lampard bench kai for mount if all our unfit players get fit again.. I don't see mount doing meaningful things for Chelsea, always running, doesn't tackle, no dey give better assist, goals sef na luck!

2 Likes

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by ruggedtimi(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2020
BabaO2:
Let's have hope. We need to fix left back, Alonso is terribly too slow, we need to solve central defence also.
Chelsea will play well this season . Imagine salah/mane/van dijk were all injured or not fit. That is the fate for Chelsea, pulisic, ziyech and Thiago not fit. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:47am On Sep 21, 2020
Lekan239:
did you know why nobody is talking about the penalty jorginho missed yesterday?
that's because it can happen to anybody. It is his first miss on a Chelsea shirt, so maybe he deserves a break.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by ruggedtimi(m): 7:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Humanoid01:

I think Havertz was sacrificed because he's not really good defensively. We were a man down, and his inability to fight for the ball wouldn't have helped the team. Mount on the other hand is a hustler off the ball, so leaving him on the pitch was justified. I really hope I'm right.
yeah I totally agree with you, I am concerned over the fact mount/ havertz are all natural central players. They are not sharp playing from the wing. But after the red card lamps obviously had to be more defensive minded, he should have as well replaced jorg with toms
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Humanoid01(m): 7:51am On Sep 21, 2020
ruggedtimi:
yeah I totally agree with you, I am concerned over the fact mount/ havertz are all natural central players. They are not sharp playing from the wing. But after the red card lamps obviously had to be more defensive minded, he should have as well replaced jorg with toms
As much as I hate to say this, it appears Lampard is tactically clueless.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by SexytorresE(f): 7:52am On Sep 21, 2020
Thank you lampard . No one is above mistake , and wailers will always wail undecided if not the red card caused by Christensen , e for no happen . I’m still that Chelsea Queen.. win, lose, draw or relegation I Stan Chelsea tongue kiss kiss
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by musa234(m): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Seunpaul01:

Havartz is not a winger as he is not fast, why not play Hudson as a winger and play havartz just behind the striker. Moreso, Rudiger in as much as is not that in form is still better than Cris who is dull and fragile.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by hoojay1(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2020
So the beating is described as mistake. Lol! God no go shame us.

Meanwhile guys if you're interested, chat up!
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by hotwax: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2020
ruggedtimi:

Lampard will end up bastardizing havertz. He will refuse to play him number ten.

He will always be playing mount and Chelsea borad will have to make on a new coach.

Lampard will always find a way to play a weakened team
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Humanoid01(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2020
icuminpiss:

Kai Havertz gave alot of nice passes we needed and they didn't make use of the pass well, watch lampard bench kai for mount if all our unfit players get fit again.. I don't see mount doing meaningful things for Chelsea, always running, doesn't tackle, no dey give better assist, goals sef na luck!
I think Havertz needs time to get used to the pace of the EPL. I think he isn't that pacy, but he doesn't lack creativity. Benching him for Mount won't be a wise thing for Lampard to do. For now, he should have as much game time as possible to gain confidence. Mount isn't as good as Havertz, and I believe Lampard should know this, except the job don tire am.
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by Samolove30(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2020
I know, Chelsea will come back stronger

I BELIEVE IN CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB
Re: Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool by musa234(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2020
hotwax:

Lampard will end up bastardizing havertz. He will refuse to play him number ten.

He will always be playing mount and Chelsea borad will have to make on a new coach.

Lampard will always find a way to play a weakened team
Havartz is not a proper winger, he's not fast and aggressive, he should be playing just behind the striker. I don't know what's wrong with Frank,cant he think or what?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B / Barcelona Lose 3 Consecutive Home Games In A Season For The First Time / FIFA President Mourns Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.