Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB (24105 Views)

Crashed Bell Helicopter Declared Non-Airworthy 3 Years Ago, Owners Tricked NCAA / Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau / Dead Tolulope Arotile: Throwback Video Of Nigeria’s Combat Helicopter Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by adanny01(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
AuroraBrls:

I am instinctively convinced that your take on the event timeline and perception of the regulatory bodies is correct as well as truthful.

Please what's your opinion on this piece of puzzle, what's the essence of getting into a contraption( plane or heli ), whether as driver or rider, wherein you are 100% certain that in the event of a crash, you can't parachute out/eject, and that your chances of survival is almost zero?

Something must kill a man but is it really worth the gamble with this flying thing.There has been huge advances in technology lately, what is the big deal in infusing an ejection/parachuting mechanism in airplanes and helix, just like in fighter jets.

Then your instincts are wrong this time. If you compare his post to the opening post, he has contradicted it several times.

On your questions, I have never flown in a helicopter, but the I dread the very day I will be required to fly in it. An aeroplane is quite safer by design.
Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by adanny01(m): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
ShinnBet:

That should tell you they don't know jack.

Where did the fuel disappear to ?

The pilot was on schedule as there was no time delay .

He obviously jettisoned his fuel in anticipation of a crash

Did you read that the AC has endurance of 3.24hrs or not?

Did you read that the AC was test flown for 20mins or not?

Did you read that the pilot took off 9.20 and crash 12.14 or not? What's the time in between?

2hrs54mins plus 20mins. 3hrs14mins.

The pilot wrote an endurance of 3.15hrs. with what has happened, it means theoretically, he crashed with 1min of fuel. But no, the engine was ran for 15mins.

Can't you do the math or be at least reasonable. Or are you disputing the flight times too?

Doesn't this proofs why the tank was empty? Look at this thing logically.
Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by vivian40: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
God help us
Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52am On Sep 23, 2020
Aircraft ran out of fuel. The end.

2 Likes

Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by aalangel(f): 1:13am On Sep 23, 2020
Shut up...in memory of Chika, just shut up!!!!
Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
ShinnBet:

Don't mind these idiots.

The black box was removed from the crash site by the operators.

This is not the first time that has happened.

The pilot I suspect must have dumped his fuel in anticipation of a crash in an urban area. No pilot will fly with inadequate fuel and if it so happens to be so, would have made an emergency landing in an open area.

Thirdly, the AIB coming out with this statement of the pilot not having a valid liscence is following the earlier NCAA's very unprofessional utterance long before AIB came out with their prelimunary report, that the helicopter in question was not approved for flight operations by them.

Then how come an aircraft that was not approved for operations was being operated within Nigerian airspace by an unqualified Pilot?

These NCAA idiots don't know they are even indicting themselves for failing to do their job.

This is not the first time the useless NCAA has been in the eye of the storm. This same NCAA came out to tell us that the black box for Bellview Airliner that mysteriously crashed somewhere around Ibadan airspace in 2005 was stolen from their office in Lagos.

I have met and interacted with several of these NCAA badged agents and I can tell you 90% of them have no businesss working in aviation talk more of being regulators.

As for AIB, does ones do not have a single clue.

My opinion of the timeline of events is as follows:.

1. Pilot notices a major fault

2. Pilot contacts Ikeja ATC notifying them of an emergency

3. Pilot dumps fuel in anticipation of a forced landing in an urban area

4. Pilot must have lost engine power or rudder control or both

5. Chopper can't be controlled by pilot and goes into a spin (highlighting loss od rudder control)

6. Chopper crashes

7. Onlookers swarm the site

8. Police do nothing to secure the crash site.

9. Airline representatives visit site and ecuavate black box

10. AIB cones in and as clueless as they are come out with their useless conclusion

P S.

Worked as an Avionics Engineer with the USMC for 5yrs.

sempe fi
Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by Obasempiree(m): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB by 6lackCulture(m): 2:45am On Oct 02, 2020
To whoever came up with this useless point about the pilot not having a license, I'll just say that I'm disappointed! Just in case you didn't do proper homework before coming to post such disrespectful and insane opinion; the said pilot was well trained abroad and has as much experience only few pilots in Nigeria have. The incident couldn't be controlled. And even in the face of demise, he still operated the craft masterfully to limit catastrophic outcomes. So don't blame him. We all know who should be blamed. Blame the Aviation operators. Blame the NCAA. Blame the sick performance of the response team. Those are the people you should have investigated first of all before investigating a well trained pilot who isn't here to defend what really happened. This is one major problems we have in this country. Misplaced priorities everywhere, even when it comes to a life and death situation such as this!!!!

Justice for Captain Chika!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Car Got Completely Burnt At Obalende R/about Lagos Nigeria / Fire Outbreak At Imo Airport: DJ Barbie, Others Survive ( Video) / Fuel Laden Tanker Crushes Man's Car Along Onitsha-Enugu, He Walks Away Unhurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.