Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair (4803 Views)

My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year / #PumPumChallenge: Video Of A Little Baby Girl Twerking Goes Viral (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Pacific81: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
My little son is 10 months plus now, he has very grown, pretty, shiny, curly hairs. Sometimes my relations even plate the hair to make him look like a girl. Due to the beauty of his hairs, i don't plan on trimming it down in the nearest future. Am just curious if its wrong to leave a baby's hair without trimming it.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Teaveapoet(f): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Nothing is wrong, it will eventually fall off by itself.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by thorpido(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Cutting it or leaving it like that is simply the parents' prerogative.
You'll eventually cut it though.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Kestolove(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2020
Cut it pls
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by crackhaus: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2020
Lol, do you plan to lock it?

If that's not your intention, then you'll still have to cut it. Doesn't matter how long you delay.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by NoToPile: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
Since he's a boy you will have to cut/trim it down someday except you are okay with your son having a long hair.

If it was a girl, would have said you should leave the hair.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
The hair he formed with in the womb? Not healthy. Please cut it.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by ibrutex(m): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
you should cut it please it dirty , it has mixed with blood .....let new one grow and free that boy head abeg

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by missjekyll: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2020
Absolutely not. the hair he is growing now will be the same hair he grows if you cut it. if you notice any change in texture it will only be because baby hair changes becomes more like adult hair as they get older.

There is no medical basis for cutting the hair at one year. you can ask your doctor if you are still concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by SamuelLoch: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2020
My aunt's boy stayed with us when she traveled. Before she traveled, her son's hair was just growing, curly, shinny etc.
Then my siblings started making his hair into 'one-one', then 'all-back'. His hair grew so fast... The first time my aunt saw it was over the phone, and she was displeased.
When she returned she didn't cut the hair, surprisingly.
Now, the boy has one good-looking curly afro. He's like a celebrity at school.
Occasionally, his mum makes him a nice hairstyle. It's somehow giving her joy!

Nothing is wrong with keeping your child's hair, as long as the hair looks good and your baby is not showing discomfort.
You could trim with scissors later when the tip/top is getting rough.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by ifyalways(f): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
Brachaa:

How so?

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by NoToPile: 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
ibrutex:
you should cut it please it dirty , it has mixed with blood .....let new one grow and free that boy head abeg

If the hair mixed with blood then it means the baby's skin was also mixed with same blood so should they scrape baby's skin?

Every part of that babies body touched whatever had contact with the hair in the womb so I don't get the reason why people always state the hair is dirtu

16 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by rvpbae: 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
Brachaa:

How so?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 23, 2020
rvpbae:

How so?

It's is not healthy.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 23, 2020
ifyalways:
How so?

It is not healthy. Period!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by baby124: 2:10am On Sep 23, 2020
Leave itttttt kiss... enjoy the beautiful hair before it turns to coco pops. Then you will regret why you just didn’t leave it to enjoy the moment. I also had that kind of hair. They said every body wanted to touch or carry me because my hair was so beautiful and I was beautiful. If you see my hair now, you won’t believe grin. He will eventually lose the curls as he grows.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by rvpbae: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Brachaa:

It's is not healthy.

How is it not healthy? At least explain to those of us that don't know

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by tobechi74: 12:50am On Sep 24, 2020
She will be strong and powerful like biblical samsom
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by AFONAMARO: 1:06am On Sep 24, 2020
Brachaa:

How's it not healthy?

My twin daughters will be 4 next month and they've never cut their hairs for any reason
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by ayobarmy(m): 4:18am On Sep 24, 2020
I don't think there's any other reason people cut their kids hair,aside from Religious beliefs. So my dear, if your child is not showing any discomfort biko free that lovely kid alone...

I still find it difficult to forgive my wife, for cutting our daughter's hair @2 just because she listen to her religious belief while I was out of town, you need to see how beautiful she looks with those curly long hair...

....Peace....
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by ayobarmy(m): 4:19am On Sep 24, 2020
AFONAMARO:

How's it not healthy?

My twin daughters will be 4 next month and they've never cut their hairs for any reason

wow... do you mind sharing their pictures?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Tayorshd2(m): 5:04am On Oct 01, 2022
NoToPile:

If the hair mixed with blood then it means the baby's skin was also mixed with same blood so should they scrape baby's skin?

Every part of that babies body touched whatever had contact with the hair in the womb so I don't get the reason why people always state the hair is dirtu

God bless u ..i think it's a self made believe inculcated into religion from someone then that has passed or transfer it from generation to generation

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Tayorshd2(m): 5:05am On Oct 01, 2022
ayobarmy:
I don't think there's any other reason people cut their kids hair,aside from Religious beliefs. So my dear, if your child is not showing any discomfort biko free that lovely kid alone...

I still find it difficult to forgive my wife, for cutting our daughter's hair @2 just because she listen to her religious belief while I was out of town, you need to see how beautiful she looks with those curly long hair...

....Peace....

Exactly religious beliefs

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair by Kobojunkie: 6:18am On Oct 01, 2022
Teaveapoet:
Nothing is wrong, it will eventually fall off by itself.
Why would a 10-month-old baby's hair fall off? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Married Women Come Here / FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? / How Do We Stop/reduce Her Hiccups?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.