Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) (61598 Views)

Here Is What The Ancient Israelites Looked Like / Slaves Room In Ancient Roman City Unearthed By Archaeologists (Photos) / Man Shot Dead For 'blasphemy' In Pakistan Courtroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by merieam16(f): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2020
Explorers:
Am i the only one experiencing this?
Thread took me over 3hrs.
Seun
nt only u
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by enomakos(m): 11:38am On Sep 23, 2020
Amazing
Today embalmers should learn this skill
No be everytime de go de freeze body

3 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by juman(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2020
They were great then.

Now they have bad people as leaders.

1 Like

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by juman(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2020
One nigeria was never a great country.

1 Like

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2020
juman:
They were great then.

Now they have bad people as leaders.
1)That's because they are human beings they must have had bad leaders then.
2) It's because Arabs have littered the place with their annoying religion.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by ednut1(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2020
enomakos:
Amazing
Today embalmers should learn this skill
No be everytime de go de freeze body
its cheaper na. See this long process. For wetin na
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2020
ednut1:
I swear that stuff could take thousands of dollars to complete.
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Odunharry(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Interesting Read... Nice one explorers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by enomakos(m): 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
ednut1:
haha
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by PrincessB1(f): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Interesting piece
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Image123(m): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I UNDERSTAND THE NEED TO PLAY DUMB IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR RELIGION GOING, BUT I'M GOING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THESE CELEBRATIONS ARE JUST OLD TRADITIONS THAT ARE YET TO BE SWEPT UNDER THE RUGS.
CELEBRATING PASSOVER IS JUST LIKE CELEBRATING NEW YAM FESTIVALS IN MY VILLAGE. WE THANK THE GODS FOR SUPPLYING US WITH GOOD HARVEST AND HEALTHY BODIES, BUT DO WE STILL BELIEVE THAT AMADIOHA AND HIS FRIENDS ARE IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING? NO. WE'RE JUST PRACTICING AN OLD TRADITION BECAUSE IT'S FUN, THE SAME WAY AMERICANS CELEBRATE PAGANIC HALLOWEEN.

THERE IS NO INTELLIGENT ISRAELI TODAY THAT BELIEVE HIS ANCESTORS WERE SLAVES IN EGYPT. NO RECORDS SUPPORT THIS STORY. AT LEAST, SOME RECORDS SHOW THAT THE YORUBAS OF NIGERIA MIGRATED TO THE SOUTH AMERICAS, AND THE IGBO PEOPLE MOVED FROM ISRAEL (MAY NOT BE FACTS). BUT THERE IS ZERO EXISTING RECORD FOR A MASS EXODUS FROM EGYPT, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? BECAUSE THE STORY IS FALSE.
ISRAELI HISTORIANS DON'T SUPPORT THIS STORY BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIND ANY RECORDS.
ISRAELI ARCHEOLOGISTS DON'T SUPPORT THIS STORY BECAUSE THERE'S NO DATA THAT SUPPORT IT.
ISRAELITES DON'T SUPPORT THIS STORY BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE.
BUT YOU AFRICANS CAN GO AHEAD BECAUSE YOUR BIBLE AND YOUR SILLY BELIEFS SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE REASON AND RESEARCH.

That you don't find any 'record' as you expect is biblically supported. The Israelites spoiled the Egyptians when going. They didn't leave ANYTHING behind even though Pharaoh insisted. Moses said they would take everything and everyone because they don't know which one they need to worship Jehovah.

Exo 10:26 KJV Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the LORD our God; and we know not with what we must serve the LORD, until we come thither.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Uyi168: 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THE JEWS AND ISRAELITES EVEN REJECT THE STORY. THEY'VE LONG APOLOGIZED TO EGYPT ON BEHALF OF THE AUTHORS OF THIS LIE.

THE EGYPTIANS (SO CALLED SLAVE MASTERS) REJECT THIS STORY AS THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED.
THE ISRAELITES (SO CALLED SLAVES) REJECT THIS STORY AS THEY WERE NEVER ENSLAVED BY ANYONE.

GUESS WHO ARGUE THAT THE EGYPTIANS AND ISRAELITES ARE WRONG?
CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA, THAT ARE NEITHER ISRAELITES NOR EGYPTIANS.
grin

1 Like

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by MrColdsweat: 7:10am On Sep 24, 2020
missjo:

Rameses II, specifically.
You should have left that idiot to his stupidity.

People who are lazy to do actual research, just sit in their homes and make stupid claims.

5 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
joseph1832:
All what you explained here I watched in The Mummy. It's kinda nice the movies aren't always full of fiction as many would want to believe.
Using whites for the roles was the fictional part.

2 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by makermix1: 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
the only scaring mummy is the Hollywood one
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Bankalert(m): 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
SegFault:

I swear, throughout exodus they never mentioned this evil king and the stupid thing is that archaeologists recently found out that Egypt paid it's "slaves" wages.
mad oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by francotunsco: 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
Bessppectt:
Interesting

I get goose-pimpled when I see female reacting to social topics!
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by wickedtuna: 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
Explorers:
Pictured, the 3,245 years old unbroken seal that secured king Tutankhamun's tomb when Howard Carter and his team were preparing to enter and excavate the tomb in 1923.

When King Tutankhamen’s tomb was found, it was reported that the following inscription was near the door:

"Death shall come on swift wings to him who disturbs the peace of the King.”

Curse inscription seen at the entrance of another tomb discovered:

‘All people who enter this tomb, make evil against this tomb and destroy it, may the crocodile be against them in water and snakes against them on land.

May the hippopotamus be against them on water and the scorpion against them on land.’

See here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4239075/creepiest-ancient-egyptian-curses-unleashed

They mummifed their dead, preserved the bodies,
wrapped the bodies, performed rituals placed bodies in coffins, they sealed coffins and sealed the tombs from any sort of disturbance or tomb robbers/raiders.

Thousands of years later, some people broke the seals to these tombs, uncovered the coffins/sarcophagus, remove the mummies and place them in museums.

Anyway, i wish to visit Egypt someday and see these mummies with my eos 100d.
I think the seal protects the sarcophagus where his internals are kept and not the entire tomb. Glad to have you back roaring explorers.
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Sleekfingers: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
I said it......bible is full of lies....i wonder who still read that fairy tales book......
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by gentleibraheem(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
Why are Americans and Englishmen telling the stories of the pharaohs when Egyptians document their histories even before the Englishman knows how to bath

10 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by donbenie(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
CosmicPhoenix:
the ancient egyptians were known to keep historical records of all their activities,that's why in the bible the name of the pharaoh that enslaved the israelites was never mentioned because the ancient egyptians had no record of such and the lie would have been too obvious.
Religion is a SCAM angry

1 Like

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by grandlexuz(m): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
CosmicPhoenix:
there's no historical or archeological evidence to show Rameses II was the biblical Pharaoh, I dare you to show us here.

The figure of Moses is well-known:
Yet, outside of biblical scripture, there is next to no evidence in the archaeological and historical record of Moses's existence. There is no exact time frame for when the events of Exodus may have occurred -- with scholarly conjecture spanning more than half a millennium. Nor do we know the identity of the villainous Pharaoh in the Bible, cast in films repeatedly as Ramesses II. That pharaoh is famed for his conquests and building projects. But in their digs and readings of inscriptions and papyrus, historians have found no trace of Moses under Ramesses's reign

I thought you said the bible didn't make mention of a name. There is a thin line between reason and folly.

5 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Iseoluwani: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2021
CosmicPhoenix:
the ancient egyptians were known to keep historical records of all their activities,that's why in the bible the name of the pharaoh that enslaved the israelites was never mentioned because the ancient egyptians had no record of such and the lie would have been too obvious.

many scholars are inclined to accept that Exodus has King Ramses II in mind. The Bible confirms that the Israelites were to build “supply cities, Pithom and Ramses, for Pharaoh.” Egyptian records confirm that the kings of the 19th dynasty (ca 1293–1185 B.C.E.) launched a major mili­tary program in the Levant. As part of this effort, King Seti I (ca 1290–1279 B.C.E.) built a new garri­son city, which his successor, Ramses II (ca 1279– 1213 B.C.E.), later called Pi-Ramesses. Ramses II also built a second city dedicated to his personal patron, Atum, called Per Atum

8 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by TheFacelessMan: 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
grin

Missed this one grin
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by donbenie(m): 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
mimicherry:
She already said she has no intention of convincing you
And what you believe is up to you so

You are just wasting your time

Besides who are you sef
Typical religious people response when hit with a dose of reality..

They take the high horse to hide their inadequacies..

Why bother in the first place,if she had no intention of convincing him?

Religion is a SCAM angry

5 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by donbenie(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
Iseoluwani:

many scholars are inclined to accept that Exodus has King Ramses II in mind. The Bible confirms that the Israelites were to build “supply cities, Pithom and Ramses, for Pharaoh.” Egyptian records confirm that the kings of the 19th dynasty (ca 1293–1185 B.C.E.) launched a major mili­tary program in the Levant. As part of this effort, King Seti I (ca 1290–1279 B.C.E.) built a new garri­son city, which his successor, Ramses II (ca 1279– 1213 B.C.E.), later called Pi-Ramesses. Ramses II also built a second city dedicated to his personal patron, Atum, called Per Atum
INCLINED is NOT an evidence..
Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by grandlexuz(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
CAPSLOCKED:

I UNDERSTAND THE NEED TO PLAY DUMB IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR RELIGION GOING, BUT I'M GOING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THESE CELEBRATIONS ARE JUST OLD TRADITIONS THAT ARE YET TO BE SWEPT UNDER THE RUGS.
CELEBRATING PASSOVER IS JUST LIKE CELEBRATING NEW YAM FESTIVALS IN MY VILLAGE. WE THANK THE GODS FOR SUPPLYING US WITH GOOD HARVEST AND HEALTHY BODIES, BUT DO WE STILL BELIEVE THAT AMADIOHA AND HIS FRIENDS ARE IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING? NO. WE'RE JUST PRACTICING AN OLD TRADITION BECAUSE IT'S FUN, THE SAME WAY AMERICANS CELEBRATE PAGANIC HALLOWEEN.

THERE IS NO INTELLIGENT ISRAELI TODAY THAT BELIEVE HIS ANCESTORS WERE SLAVES IN EGYPT. NO RECORDS SUPPORT THIS STORY. AT LEAST, SOME RECORDS SHOW THAT THE YORUBAS OF NIGERIA MIGRATED TO THE SOUTH AMERICAS, AND THE IGBO PEOPLE MOVED FROM ISRAEL (MAY NOT BE FACTS). BUT THERE IS ZERO EXISTING RECORD FOR A MASS EXODUS FROM EGYPT, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? BECAUSE THE STORY IS FALSE.
ISRAELI HISTORIANS DON'T SUPPORT THIS STORY BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIND ANY RECORDS.
ISRAELI ARCHEOLOGISTS DON'T SUPPORT THIS STORY BECAUSE THERE'S NO DATA THAT SUPPORT IT.
ISRAELITES DON'T SUPPORT THIS STORY BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE.
BUT YOU AFRICANS CAN GO AHEAD BECAUSE YOUR BIBLE AND YOUR SILLY BELIEFS SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE REASON AND RESEARCH.

You know nothing about the Jews. The Passover is the most sacred celebration of the jews lasting seven days with the first and seventh day a legal public holiday ..Yet you think it's just another celebration by people who don't believe the significance of the celebration. Ignorance at its peak. Jews don't celebrate what they don't believe in. The absence of Christmas in a Jewish calendar should tell you that.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by Ofemini(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
ednut1:
The bible writer should have mentioned it but they didn't. They knew they would be found out as eqyptians kept receipts. The is also no evidence of slaves being chased out of Egypt it would have been a suicide mission. The bible is no different to Oduduwa failing from heaven tales

Hmmmm!
Interesting, myths are no match for truths.
The surest historical book in the world is the Bible. No manipulation of men can obliterate this.
Even the chief manipulator- the devil knows this. Falsehood is only but a tenant, the truth is always the Landlord.
The Bible will always speak for itself.
We can not do anything against the truth!
Shalom!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by LeopardX: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
CosmicPhoenix:
It's not unusual as the same ancient Egyptians never kept record of their defeats. The outcome of Israel's slavery was their Exodus from Egypt, which could count as a loss for Egypt. Just saying.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by moshoodn(m): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
missjo:

I do not intend to make you appear purposefully ignorant, but don't you consider yourself a bit funny typing the above texts in bold with so much ferociousness?

There is a Jewish public holiday called Pesach (The Passover) which is celebrated by all Jews around the world, everyone knows this, everyone except you it seems.

So if you claim that the Jews have rejected the story of their enslavement in Egypt, do pray tell, what is this Passover they are still celebrating every year worldwide?

Don't answer smiley

I like your constructions and submissions. Well structured, organised and devoid of rudeness.

Cheers!

15 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by LeopardX: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2021
missjo:

Rameses II, specifically.
These people don't know that if it were possible for USA and other countries who were involved in slave trade to clear that part from history, they would have done that.
Even here in Nigeria, after the Biafran war, they had to prevent history from being studied in schools.

15 Likes

Re: How The Ancient Egyptians Mummifed Their Dead For Afterlife In Steps (Graphic) by tianshie(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2021
Na dis process some Nairalanders dey undergo before dem come here dey type nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures From Queen Elizabeth II Final Burial Ceremony / Biden Will Be Sworn In With 127-Year-Old Family Bible / VLADIMIR HOOTIN! Putin Unveils Latest Spy Drones Disguised As Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.