Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? (26338 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him / Baby crawls out of the house to the highway while parents were fast asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by techmo(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2020
God forbid bad thing my great grandfather and other family still conveniently seat on our land even when lands around is running into millions because an international market complex is close by and the states airport is few mins drive away

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Thecreatorx: 11:25am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:
From a family of 4 Children, as the head Child, 2 boys and one Girl .There was frequent demand for money from my Junior ones who are yet to find their bearing.

Today Bros Anything for me, tommorow Bros am broke etc. I decided to come up with an Idea to sample their opinion on what to do about our Dads One plot which has four rooms. Each person collects the room rent. As The house Maintenance is only done by me, others just come collect money and leave.

I organised a meeting asking what should be done about the House. One Male Suggested shop should be builts and be Rented out, the other male suggested a Developer should be called upon. The girl suggested that the whole land should be sold, same land her father is Buried.

After further delibrations the other two males agreed half plot should be Sold then part of the money realised be used to develop the remaining half plot on which there father is Buried while the remaining money is shared equally among the four Children.

The Girl Finnaly stands on her Decision that the whole plot of land be sold and money should be shared and her father's grave be removed.
What sort of response should one give to such a Child?

Develop half into shops
The other half should be turned to a farm, plant 50 plantain trees and cassava for the remaining space!
A plantain plantation has produced graduates in a particular tribe of Rivers State, I've forgotten the name..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by uuzba(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2020
gunners160:
Good Bless you over and over again. This people are broke and there is something to bring them out of poverty yet some body somewhere that is still living with his parents that does not knw what it means to be broke just dey chastise the innocent gal. Some were even calling for a DNA test.
When the papa dey alive, wetin u give ham? Now he is dead them carry d mata for head like gala
Oyinbo people no get village.
They also bury their dead in CEMETERY.
So their kids can always sell off their property without any qualms.
-
Nigeria here, we dey bury for house and village, then runabout looking for Another land again. When we die, they bury us in that one then our children will run about looking for another land again .
After 100 years, na only house with grave go remain everywhere. And our grand kids will have no house to live in .

4 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by eunisam: 11:26am On Oct 05, 2020
@ finaleeec if you have the money, sale it to yourself and share the money. That's what I will do as option 1.

Oprion 2, if I don't have money to acquire the land? It must remain unsold to allow the land appreciate more.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by dosuu: 11:27am On Oct 05, 2020
Boss I would advise you sell half and then develop the remaining half with your money and the money gotten from the other half.
If you share the money, your siblings will still run back to you for help after spending their own share.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by uuzba(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2020
techmo:
God forbid bad thing my great grandfather and other family still conveniently seat on our land even when lands around is running into millions because an international market complex is close by and the states airport is few mins drive away

You have eaten belle full.
You have a job etc...

If you were as desperate as OP family, you won't even be commenting anything here.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by SashaGrey: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2020
In my community female children don’t have a say in their father estate except he dies leaving a will stating otherwise. My own sister is agitating wi sell the only house our parents left us. We told her to go to her husband’s house and think of her children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by omanzo02: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2020
BennyDon:
If you can't sell any part of your body for money, dare not sell plots of land where your parents were buried.

Keeping the land for your family is an indicator that you love and cherish them.

Times are hard yes but I want you to know tough times don't last. There's always light after the tunnel.
Some people are just after free money they can get....they wouldn't consider how hard the parent worked to acquire the land.....parent house should be a legacy not an opportunity to get rich or make money. Only lazy people without life plan does that.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by gunners160(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2020
uuzba:

Oyinbo people no get village.
They also bury their dead in CEMETERY.
So their kids can always sell off their property without any qualms.
-
Nigeria here, we dey bury for house and village, then runabout looking for Another land again. When we die, they bury us in that one then our children will run about looking for another land again .
After 100 years, na only house with grave go remain everywhere. And our grand kids will have no house to live in .
Words on Marble. The topic dey vex me and the comments dey vex me pass.
If only the dad knew it will be like this.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by sexuential: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2020
Opus85:
Get a developer, reach an agreement with him and enjoy una life. All those mini flats developers build, landlord do have share in them. They might give you one flat or two, and you will still collect money for the long lease join.

Do u know of any developer in Port Harcourt or any that can operate in PH even if not based in PH?
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2020
Cum oshodi even mafoluku precisely mak u see where pikin dey sell there grandparent land wey dey buried dem, dem go pack the carcass with sack go buy space for mortuary bury dem dere

3 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by chinchonglee(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2020
gunners160:
Good Bless you over and over again. This people are broke and there is something to bring them out of poverty yet some body somewhere that is still living with his parents that does not knw what it means to be broke just dey chastise the innocent gal. Some were even calling for a DNA test.
When the papa dey alive, wetin u give ham? Now he is dead them carry d mata for head like gala
Lool! Thanks.
Sometimes i begin to wonder if am the only one doesn't all dese useless African(Nigeria) beliefs.

Sometimes when I say things like dese in public they look at me as if am the devil himself.
Y not jst sell the land and start up a more liquid investment
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by KarLmax20(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2020
seproperties:
. @op ,Are you sure that your so called Sister is truly your father's Daughter? I mean are you quite sure your father is the real father of this your Sister ? ...No true Son or Daughter of a man would say Such ,It's only a Bastard Child that would say Such .You better make your findings very well .From my own Suggestion ,You must be very very careful about such Juniour Sister ,Anyone with such Intension could be desperate and not minding whatever happens ,By the way if I may ask does she has access to the Property Documents ? Is she Married ? If she ever has Access to the Property Document this one would just Negotiate sharp sharp for the sale and send Hire Assassin's against you guys .It's inside life ,Things Terrible are Happenings .I am quite sure she is not alone on this ,She must be discussing her Evil intension with some other People .I wonder what such of Daughter this one be ooo ,I can't imagine Proposing selling the portion of Property where my Father is Buried .Never. Be Careful.
That was the reason Igbos forbid females inheritance because of stories like this and many criticized them. They knew what females can do when given such powers or some certain privileges.
To the op, is a taboo to heed her advance or even contemplating of selling any part. Is you people inheritance and remembrance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by gunners160(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Solatium:
Where I come from,there is a name for such children which I don't want to say here
Here comes our problem. Customs, Religion, sentiments, backward mentality, name calling, name tagging.
Imagine if the land is worth 5mil and the two brothers decided to use the money to expand there businesses and make it a family business? they were able to get a cheaper land elsewhere and make it a family land, they could shoulder there responsibilities and dont need to demand or depend on anybody.
Poor people get problem I swear. Na only them dey take mumu thing too personal

2 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by dotun365: 11:38am On Oct 05, 2020
Totally agree with the girl. the dead are exactly what they are - DEAD. sell the land and share the money and move on.
finaleeec:
From a family of 4 Children, as the head Child, 2 boys and one Girl .There was frequent demand for money from my Junior ones who are yet to find their bearing.

Today Bros Anything for me, tommorow Bros am broke etc. I decided to come up with an Idea to sample their opinion on what to do about our Dads One plot which has four rooms. Each person collects the room rent. As The house Maintenance is only done by me, others just come collect money and leave.

I organised a meeting asking what should be done about the House. One Male Suggested shop should be builts and be Rented out, the other male suggested a Developer should be called upon. The girl suggested that the whole land should be sold, same land her father is Buried.

After further delibrations the other two males agreed half plot should be Sold then part of the money realised be used to develop the remaining half plot on which there father is Buried while the remaining money is shared equally among the four Children.

The Girl Finnaly stands on her Decision that the whole plot of land be sold and money should be shared and her father's grave be removed.

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Davash222(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2020
merieam16:
There is nothin like siblings of same mother in cases like this...sha dont mind the girl,its her mother that is giving her such advice
Her mother is late.

Obviously, you don’t read posts, you just rush to comment. Exactly what you did in the thread where the op wants to publish his books. Learn to read!
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by chinchonglee(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2020
omanzo02:

Some people are just after free money they can get....they wouldn't consider how hard the parent worked to acquire the land.....parent house should be a legacy not an opportunity to get rich or make money. Only lazy people without life plan does that.
Lemme nt start with insult. Lemme respect monday monday morning.
My brother is doing wonderfully well because of the land he sold.

Times are hard. We all need a more liquid investment not a fixed one. Sell the land and start up something, den buy another land after u are settled

Am sure pple like you have nt seen or experienced real suffering.
U expect dem to keep begging their brother for money?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by gunners160(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2020
chinchonglee:

Lool! Thanks.
Sometimes i begin to wonder if am the only one doesn't all dese useless African(Nigeria) beliefs.

Sometimes when I say things like dese in public they look at me as if am the devil himself.
Y not jst sell the land and start up a more liquid investment
Don't mind them. Don't be surprised even here on Nairaland they will see u as a devil and kill you with mentions.Some will go as far as name tagging you. Africans are there own problem Family that is not yet buoyant and can't maintain the house is still contemplating on what to do. Whence the wise among them decides to speak she was labeled a " bastard". Imagine they use the money and invest it in dhr business won't they expand and grow? thereby investing it in something lucrative, scarce and can be monopolized

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by sylve11: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2020
Richy4:

She knows that she will be getting married..maybe she doesn't want a situation where after she must have gotten married and u guys starts telling her that she has no share in the inheritance..that she is married..

But please don't let them disrespect the dead and his resting place desecrated because u guys wants money

valid reasoning, very valid one! cool
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Ademoore07(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2020
It is a taboo please.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by dotun365: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2020
Exactly it doesn't mean and shouldn't mean anything. Where are your great grand parents buried? do you know? the place where you live probably had someone buried on it many many years agos. the living should not allow their livves to be inconvenienced by the dead. the dead have lived their life
drop the sentiments and let the living move on.
Deb2020:
Meaning even those that care for there Parent during living once the parent die ,We should stop caring , Selling a land where they are buried does not mean anything according to you .

2 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by KarLmax20(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Who don die don die. If the money would better my lot why not?
The boy friend spotted.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Softgamer: 11:43am On Oct 05, 2020
person wey don die don die, why starve because your parents where buried in the land. your parents that bought the land dosnt they know that other peoples parents where buried in that same land?
but u should check her wella, she might have a guy fucking her brains out and pushing her to do this. i had a gf i was lambering mercilessly and the lamba made her loose her brains. i once told her to sell her car and she did, i paid her back with a better car though. she didnt even sell the car because she expected another one from me o. imagine if she was your sister and had access to this land, if i tell her to tell u to sell, she go do am na. guy , look for who is lambaring ur sister before it is too late
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by dotun365: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2020
One day someone will build houses on that land and they will dance on it. its just sentiments that is doing you. attaching sentiments to non-living things think about it very well.
Maxcollins042:
This is a no-brainer na. No be every matter you suppose carry come here. It's obvious she's still a child. Are you a child too? You are the first child and an adult here for Pete's sake.

Selling the land where your parents are buried is a no no.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by dorin27(f): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2020
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Let the dead rest in peace
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Offpoint1: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2020
It seems the op doesn't like his half sister and just want a justification for the hate.

It was a meeting and everyone was supposed to contribute whatever ideas they want.
All of you can't bring out same idea, she's given hers as you guys has given yours... Why do you have to bring it to a public domain? A family meeting for that matter, what even your closest of neighbour isn't supposed to know you make it public seeking strangers validation.

Na overgrown baby adults full this generation.

The whole write up as revealed all the hates you guys have towards your father 2nd wife and her child... This write up has nothing to do with property but a long time suppressed hatreds.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by jasman1: 11:45am On Oct 05, 2020
Relocate?? Why are my so angry? Maybe you want to be called a civilized dude by inviting her to the meeting. Next time, include her husband or boyfriend too. Crab!!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by Trustedpro: 11:47am On Oct 05, 2020
finaleeec:

What of father wey na Fish swallow am! If I need money I can sell anything including ancestors spaces

1 Like

Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2020
I will never understand this African way of having dead people hold the living to ransom.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by purpleicious(f): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Hell no;not even my bequeathed property.
Re: Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? by chinchonglee(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2020
gunners160:
Don't mind them. Don't be surprised even here on Nairaland they will see u as a devil and kill you with mentions.Some will go as far as name tagging you. Africans are there own problem Family that is not yet buoyant and can't maintain the house is still contemplating on what to do. Whence the wise among them decides to speak she was labeled a " bastard". Imagine they use the money and invest it in dhr business won't they expand and grow? thereby investing it in something lucrative, scarce and can be monopolized
They re nt business oriented na.
Useless traditional beliefs has blocked their senses

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Group Offers Cash And Scholarship To Abandoned Mother Of Triple Twins (Photos) / DNA Test: Tunde Ayeni Says No Paternal Relationship With Adaobi Alagwu Daughter / How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.