Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) (51387 Views)

Big Python Killed At Mount Patti, Lokoja (Photos) / Accident Involving Truck And Bus In Sokoto Kills Many (Viewers Discretion) / 32-Year-Old Lady From Ogun State Found Wandering In Lokoja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by TGMISKY(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
This is indeed graphic. May their souls rest in peace. My condolensce to their grieving families
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by SPOLO(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
imagine those fire service men i got an info that they arrived some hours after the fire had gone down na so residents pursue them away..

can u imagine?
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by jamesbridget13(f): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Trustme2:
The figure is more than that. It's over 50 Persons. Children school bus just Loaded and it's around a popular junction at the early morning Rush hour. Kogi Poly is also along that area
my dear i just rush call my bro that's a student there n he is safe. I give God d glory. He said d accident is really terrible.

May d souls of d departed rip
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Koredekola75: 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
You are very right
kayfact123:

That's a lie, petroleum products are been transported using trains and sometimes special tracks on the road are used to convey such product
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Allwell96: 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
The people that died are close to 50...
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by liveyourlife007(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
R.I.P to the dead
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Lighthammer(m): 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
This left me misty eyed...what a pity.....
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Zane2point4(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Jaghut:

A curse on all the FRSC personnel who ignore these trucks with a hundred glaring violations only to flag and shake down private cars for no reason other than bribes.
Very usless set of ppl,i dont know who trained those guys.
They gave me ticket for no reason other than that my fire extinguisher is expired,i pointed at many commercial cars passing and asked why they aren't stoping them,they ignored.

I hv bn running arnd bank today to even log into there website and pay them ,no service for there.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Najdorf: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
Kestolove:
Suya is ready
You are a sick person and never let anyone convince you otherwise.

If life is balanced they should have swapped you with those burnt corpses.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by eejo(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
amaham:
Please I want to know from lokoja residents if there's any fire service in the town?
Yes, the service has about three working vehicles.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by ifeanyija(m): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Kestolove:
Suya is ready
u can use ur children for suya
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
goat
Kestolove:
Suya is ready
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Juliusmomoh: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
donprinyo:
FAILED STATE
Na ur own failed pass
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Juliusmomoh: 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
amaham:
Please I want to know from lokoja residents if there's any fire service in the town?
None
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by 1759ademola(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Make dem dey carry these fuel with Train o.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by biomedics(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
May the almighty God grant their souls eternal rest, Amen �.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by THELATTERMAN(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
amaham:

We have Federal Fire Service here in lokoja. Office address is beside Unity bank, Adjacent Zenith Bank, Adankolo.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by boxypane(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
This accident was caused by those useless Keke Napep Drivers. the trailer had a failed brake and was trying to avoid the useless Keke who refused to leave the road.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Eddygre8(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hellfire b4 Hellfire... God have mercy
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Starzo: 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chai my head undecided
Lavisha:

Kesto, you're just a monstrously incorrigible heathen and a horribly atrocious maliciously malodorous nauseating assault on the senses.

Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by symbianDON(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
pol23:
Naija sha...
I was having this discussion with a colleague yesterday....
Does this frequent sad occurrence have no solution?
In my over 30 years of living in this our bitterly troubled country, I've never heard or see a gas Tanker explosion...
So what are the liquified petroleum gas company doing right....
I believe there must have been some precautions and maybe some standard too....
Driver wey suppose dey drive Tanker needs more than just a mere driver's license...
the so-called FRSC and VIOs don't see these heavy trucks as vehicles.... They prefer to harass drivers of private vehicles over the most insignificant reasons.

1 Like

Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by jaxxy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
With all the money we get from oil business we still use condemned trailers and trucks.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Rutheby(f): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
peterbello:
9 people ke? They are way more than that.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace. I didn't have the balls to go and take a peek even though it happened very close to where I was. This is one tanker accident too many. All of the tanker accidents at that area are less than 200 metres from each other and always occurs within a year apart. This one had to wait until schools resumed before it occurred, and during rush hour ( nearly 8am).
We are tired of people being roasted as a result of avoidable accidents. We need to stage a prostest. We need to block the road and until the government does something about it.
embarassed cry cry

Blocking the road doesn't stop anything.
I've seen close to 60people die on same road and few trucks were set ablaze. That didn't stop this from happening still.

It's high time we do something different.
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Yankee101: 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
People won't help but will take pictures
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Rutheby(f): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
boxypane:
This accident was caused by those useless Keke Napep Drivers. the trailer had a failed brake and was trying to avoid the useless Keke who refused to leave the road.

You saw this?
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Burger123: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
R.I.P
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by willyjacs(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
We lost a family friend and neighbour
A family friend of ours also lost a relative
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by Jhayeahsam01(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
corona no kee dem na fire
who said make those pupil resume skill self rip
Re: Lokoja Tanker Explosion: Pupil, 9 Others Dead (Viewers Discretion) by peterbello(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rutheby:

Blocking the road doesn't stop anything.
I've seen close to 60people die on same road and few trucks were set ablaze. That didn't stop this from happening still.

It's high time we do something different.

Today, a whole family I know perished in the inferno except their first child who is in a boarding school in Ogbomoso.

Something different like what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gaboon Viper Killed In My Neighbourhood Today / Snake Swallows Tennis Ball. A Vet Massages It Out (Video) / 10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.