Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line (23410 Views)

Rabe Ibrahim Jibia Slumps, Dies During Wedding Ceremony In Katsina (Photos) / Contract For The Kano-Maradi, Kano-Dutse Railway Project Has Been Signed / Transport Ministry Complies With FOI Request On $1.96 Billion Kano-Mardi Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by obailala(m): 1:14am On Sep 24, 2020
baralatie:

let me star with mambilla which cost $5.8 billion. the total power expected is 3050 Mw.
egbin is 1320Kw and it will cost you $650 million dollars.if you get 3 egbin power stations you will have 3960 MW at a total cost of $1.95 billion (you have $3 billion left)

now left face this $1.95billion rail link to Niger!
Nigeria is not buying the raw materials in Niger to refine/reform/to service it's own industries.Niger is the country that needs a link to a port.it is the foreign countries that want to access the cheap labour and raw materials in Niger.Already Nigeria has signed up as a member of Africa free trade zone(zero negligible tariffs)$1.95 is to link your rail infrastructure which is allegedly connected to Lagos port.NRC runs a subsidy regime for rail transport.That means that Nigeria engaged in a $2 billion debt to service Niger's exports while gaining nothing
1. Mambilla is never a waste. There's absolutely no logic in that assertion.
2. Hydro power (sustainable) and thermal gas plants arent the same thing.
3. $650m for a 1320mw power plant at Egbin? Are you sure of this cost?
Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by anonimi: 1:39am On Sep 24, 2020
joshjc:
What about the coastal rail,they are not saying anything about it

Because there is nothing to say about it.
Has anything been said about the Badagry road?
And the south is where the revenue is from, right

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6411492_buhariunity_jpege6b944865fd28349d890aa9f1f00fb23

[img]http://3.bp..com/-8mJYOXm-b5A/VG87TvNPXQI/AAAAAAAAOGI/igXt7T3n8R8/s1600/gen%2Bbuhari.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by obailala(m): 1:50am On Sep 24, 2020
Sometimes I wonder how people jump into conclusions on topics they know nothing about. If a rail track is to be laid to some city in Niger, the details of this project hasnt been revealed yet but somehow, we already have 12 pages filled with vicious comments from people analysing the viability of a project they know nothing about?

Niger is a landlocked oil producing country, and I imagine their closest seaports should be Cotonou and Lagos. A railway like this could easily divert a chunk of their import traffic through Lagos, yet 12 pages are already filled with comments from self acclaimed 'EXPERTS' who are so sure this project has no economic viability.

I would be surprised if the govt of Niger wouldnt even have financial stakes in a project like this.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by freeborn02: 1:59am On Sep 24, 2020
Miracle1991:
do i need to reply you? No no no, don't fight with a pig less you want to be like a pig. Think

Your dumb comment makes you worse than a pig. In fact, your are too mentally backward to deserve a place among pigs.
Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by Depressed101: 2:06am On Sep 24, 2020
Sammy07:
I'll be disappointed if they start this project before

Lagos - Port Harcourt - Aba - Calabar rail
my dear. I am very disappointed too. With all the rail fuse going on in the country. I can not pin point one rail project that has been completed in the ss/se. They just ignore that region like its not Nigeria. It's ok the 8 years will soon be over and those who have looted in this govt will vomit what they have looted

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by NGpatriot: 2:07am On Sep 24, 2020
obailala:
Sometimes I wonder how people jump into conclusions on topics they know nothing about. If a rail track is to be laid to some city in Niger, the details of this project hasnt been revealed yet but somehow, we already have 12 pages filled with vicious comments from people analysing the viability of a project they know nothing about?

Niger is a landlocked oil producing country, and I imagine their closest seaports should be Cotonou and Lagos. A railway like this could easily divert a chunk of their import traffic through Lagos, yet 12 pages are already filled with comments from self acclaimed 'EXPERTS' who are so sure this project has no economic viability.

I would be surprised if the govt of Niger wouldnt even have financial stakes in a project like this.

Brialiantly stated.

With all the horrible, shallow and ignorant comments in this thread, I just hope and pray that many of these posters are truly not the leaders of tomorrow.

The leaders of yesterday and today that they abuse and insult are more sensible, more competent and intelligent these shallow, bigoted, tribe obsessed and ignorant youths.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by NGpatriot: 2:17am On Sep 24, 2020
Gamelord007:
This man- president buhari is mad. Of what economic potential is a railway link to Niger Republic is to us?
1.6 billion dollars can go a long way addressing concerns that should add value to Nigerians. Instead Of that it's N1.6 billion dollars railway link to Niger Republic. This man is simply mismanaging our country. We borrowed money from international creditors for good use in our country, is this where our money is going to? Nigerians Please join me and speak up! It's our money going down the drain

PMB is spending $1.6 on a productive and economically significant railway line.

GEJ and his gang stole and shared $2.3 billion aka Dasuku ATM, enough money to build 2 Lagos Ibadan railway, but people like you didn't care or give a damn about Nigerians, now all of a sudden you are shedding crocodile tears as if you really care.

Hypocrites.
Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by cuteboy2: 2:29am On Sep 24, 2020
Vulcanheph:

Whoever you are please save your strength and stop Arguin with Zombies....

I'm just tired of the twisted thinking of these people. Are they blind or so thoroughly brainwashed that they can't see the damage these people are doing to the country?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by allcomage: 2:36am On Sep 24, 2020
Chirowman:
All we need is a better Nigeria
How can you have a better Nigeria when charity begins abroad?
Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by Blue3k(m): 3:39am On Sep 24, 2020
obailala:

Amaechi did admit in 2018 they dont have a financial stake in the project I have seen news to the contrary. I easily found articles and reports detailing their interest and stake in the Benin Niger rail line. The only hold up on that one is court cases.

The financial benefits of the project are obvious considering Nigeria has been wanting their business for years. Niger has always preferred Benin though.

“The Niger government is not contributing to the project and they do not need to do so. We have to also provide the same infrastructure that makes them go to other countries for business. Those countries already have the access and that is why Niger can go there go there for business.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-rail-project-niger-republic-necessary

Re: FG Approves $1.9 Billion Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia-Maradi Rail Line by anonimi: 3:54am On Sep 24, 2020
cuteboy2:
I'm just tired of the twisted thinking of these people. Are they blind or so thoroughly brainwashed that they can't see the damage these people are doing to the country?

Blame them not.
Best to pity and pray for their healing.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6267651_1510641139934_jpege8dffaed6f52da138b21556e4465e5b5

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Dimeji Bankole Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / Nigerians Ranked 8th Most Hardworking Foreigners In US / Ambode’s N500m Works Out Edgar Return, Presidency, New IGP, Idris Major Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.