Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike (2594 Views)

Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by nairavsdollars(f): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has described the consolation he got from the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as the second pivot for his electoral victory.

The first pillar, he said, is God who crowned the efforts of all his supporters.

Governor Obaseki was speaking when he led some political leaders of Edo State on a thank you visit to Governor Wike at the Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt.

He noted the commitment of Governor Wike in ensuring electoral victory for him by relocating to Edo State despite the needless attacks from the opposition.

"After I was pushed out of my former Party, this house was the first place I sought solace. You took me in as a brother,  out of the storm,  changed my cloths and gave me food to eat.

"It was in this house, the Campaign Council met to work out the key strategies that led us to victory.

" You mobilised  people across the country. You moved to Benin, went through the humiliation and attacks. You supported us and we won.

"It will be a sin against God if we do not come to say thank you. Even if  the victory we are celebrating is from God.  He has used people like you to make it happen," he said.

In his response,  Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike said his support was informed by the fact that Governor Obaseki was  courageous and fearless.

According to him,  standing against forces of godfatherism was not easy but Governor Obaseki made himself available to protect the interest of  Edo State.

"Our work would have been difficult if he did not make himself available. I cannot  support a lily hearted person. Governor Obaseki was firm.

"It is not easy to fight godfatherism.  But he has the interest of Edo people at heart. Together,  we have conquered it, " he said.

Governor Wike also clarified that he had advocated unity within the party.

He explained that when Governor Obaseki joined the PDP,  he pushed for all interests to be considered.

That position,  he said,  paid off because the Party went into the electoral battle as a united family and clinched the victory.

"I did not want division. I insisted that it will be good we are all together. This will make it easy to go into the electoral battle and win.

"I thank you my brother,  Obaseki for carrying everybody along in the Party. Edo people are also looking up to you to  forgive everybody.

"Forgive  your political opponents.   I am happy that today,  South -South  is under one political party. This will make for integration. We can speak with one voice in moving Nigeria forward.

"This is the sweetest electoral victory I have ever witnessed," he added.

Wife of the Edo State Governor, Betsy Bene Obaseki presented Souvenirs to Governor Wike and his wife ,Justice Suzzette Eberechi Wike.

The items, she said, will serve as symbols that will strengthen the existing friendship.

According to her,  we have to remain as one to attain the desired plans of God.

https://www.independent.ng/god-used-wike-to-comfort-me-after-i-was-pushed-out-of-apc-obaseki/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by flyingpig: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
That means you'll never support Ambode cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by FarahAideed: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
Does Wike mean he can never support Ambode ? Haba Wicked

16 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by ISLAMBAD: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ambode don suffer

12 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by Sammy07: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
FarahAideed:
Does Woke mean he can never support Ambode ? Haba Wicked
Wike
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by bolaayenimo: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
People like Wike must have reached out to Ambode then but he failed to seize the opportunity

11 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by edo3(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
So ambode lo di igba ikole lowo yin bayi? Haa!!!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by FarahAideed: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Wike

Thanks ..Na my Useless Auto correct

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by ojun50(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Na man you be, Ambode na Auto woman

8 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ambode ... Patron Saint of Chicken Hearts.

10 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by bolaayenimo: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
They even chased him out of Lagos till now

ojun50:
Na man you be, Ambode na Auto woman

10 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike was shading Ambode.

8 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
bolaayenimo:

I heard he fled to France or USA.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by bolaayenimo: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
He is in France

RuudVanNisteroy:

I heard he fled to France or USA.

8 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by jlinkd78(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike has thru his courageous display b4, during and after d Edo election shown that he is a true fearless leader. Am very happy too for Amaechi cos with d humiliation Oshopikin experienced in d hands of Wike it's correct to reason that Amaechi might not totally be a weakling but dat rather Wike is a bulldozer that can take on any opponent provided in his words u are not a coward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by JAMO84: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ordinary thirteen local government they won, we cannot hear word again. If Mr MOU can betray someone that picked him from ordinary stock broker in Lagos and made him governor, is it a militant like wike he would not betray? we dey hear dey watch.

Lagos no Rivers

Ondo no be Edo

I AM DONE TALKING

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by GallantDuke(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ambode don suffer

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike the slayer of APC

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by manuelreports: 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Enough of this Ambode Ambode talk
Ambode made some mistakes at the initial stage by not breaking into the House of Assembly ans cornering royal members.
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by bolaayenimo: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
I remember you said you will trek in your boxers from Edo to Lagos if Obaseki wins. Why haven't u done that?

JAMO84:
Ordinary thirteen local government they won, we cannot hear word again. If Mr MOU can betray someone that picked him from ordinary stock broker in Lagos and made him governor, is it a militant like wike he would not betray? we dey hear dey watch.

Lagos no Rivers

Ondo no be Edo

I AM DONE TALKING

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
JAMO84:

Lagos no Rivers

Ondo no be Edo

I AM DONE TALKING

Smart hypocrite it was Oshiopikin that betrayed Godwin Obaseki and not the other way round.

I thought Oshiopikin claims he can defeat Obaseki with the help of arrogant Tinubu ?
Wike and Obaseki are not arrogant like drug baron tinubu

#Edo no be Lagos
#Rivers no be Lagos
#Ondo no be Lagos
#No to Godfatherism

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by ojaysam25(m): 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ambode right now...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by sharonihemena: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
I don’t understand why you guys are calling out Ambode for all the wrong reasons. The man was a victim of Godfatherism! Since when did it become a norm to shame victims?
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by jlinkd78(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Following
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
Election time Atiku go pursue all of una for pdp
Make we hear word abeg
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by onlyson16(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
flyingpig:
That means you'll never support Ambode cheesy
trouble maker

am sure u ar looking for trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by flyingpig: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
onlyson16:
trouble maker

am sure u ar looking for trouble
before nko grin
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by onlyson16(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
bolaayenimo:

how? where is he now
Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by DerrickzB: 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
JAMO84:

Lagos no Rivers

Ondo no be Edo

I AM DONE TALKING

Lmaooo.. I feel your pains bro!!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by MJluv(f): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wìke is woke

cool

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Was Courageous, Fearless, I Can Never Support A Coward - Wike by princepee: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hope he is not referring to former Lagos state governor....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update :17,000 Seat Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom Ready For Cladding,roofing -photos / I Never Insulted Or Challenged Obi Of Onitsha- Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu, Indigenous Opposition Leader - UN Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.