Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,457 members, 7,850,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April (8096 Views)

Nigeria Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan "Shehu Shagari" / Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by damogul: 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
[b]IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW ANY LEADERSHIP IS PERFORMING LOOK THE WAY OF ITS FOLLOWERS. NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN GROANING, CRYING AND GNASHING THEIR TEETH UNDER GEJ. POVERTY LINE IN NIGERIA HAS BEEN ON THE INCREASE, HUMAN DIGNITY IS STILL UNATTENDED TO, NIGERIANS ARE BEING MOLESTED AND KILLED ABROAD AND EVEN LOCALLY WITHOUT ANYONE RAISING AN EYEBROW BECAUSE WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT OF ME, MYSELF AND I. I AM SHOCKED AT THE REASONING OF THE GEJ SUPPORTERS. HOW CAN A MAN BE DROWNING AND INSTEAD OF CRYING OUT FOR HELP WOULD PRETEND HE LIKES THE WATER? NIGERIANS HOME AND ABROAD PLEASE PLEASE WAKE UP. WAKE UP FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR VERY LIVES, THE LIVES OF YOUR CHILDREN BOTH BORN AND UNBORN. [b]FOR THOSE WHO ARE MOTHERS AND FATHERS WOULD YOU TELL YOUR CHILDREN WHEN ASKED, THAT YOU VOTED FOR GEJ SIMPLY BECAUSE HE WAS POPULAR OR FROM THE SOUTHERN PARTS AND BASED ON THAT, MORTGAGED THEIR FUTURE AND YOURS TO YEARS OF FURTHER TORTURE?

SPEAKING FOR MYSELF (AN EASTERNER), MY FAMILY, MY NEIGHBOURS AND MY ENTIRE ESTATE HERE IN LAGOS, GEJ WILL NOT GET OUR VOTES. NIGERIANS HAVE BECOME WISER THAN HOW PDP AND THEIR CRONIES THINK WE WERE A FEW YEARS AGO. THE MENTAL CHANGE IN NIGERIANS HAS BEEN A GRADUAL BUT SURE PROCESS. HOW CAN A FATHER FURTHER INVEST IN A CHILD WHO FOR 12 YEARS HAS REPEATEDLY FAILED IN ONE CLASS. FOR 12 YEARS PDP HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A FAILURE IN NIGERIA AND YOU WISH TO FURTHER INVEST YOUR VOTES, TIME AND ENERGY INTO THEM? YES YOUR VOTE IS AN INVESTMENT. AN INVESTMENT YOU CAN PROFIT FROM OR GO BANKRUPT IN. A WISE INVESTOR NEVER GOES THE WAY OF IMPENDING FAILURE BUT THE WAY OF GUARANTEED SUCCESS ON INVESTMENT.

GEJ AND PDP ARE FAILED INVESTMENTS WHICH PERSONALLY LEAVES ME WITH A BITTER TASTE. MY HEART ACHES WHEN I THINK OF HOW NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN OPPRESSED AND SUPPRESSED BY THIS MONSTER CALLED PDP. A MONSTER WHICH DERIVES ITS STRENGTH FROM EATING ITS OWN CHILDREN. I WATCH THEM CAMPAIGNING ON THE TELEVISION AND MY HEART BLEEDS AT THE WAY A FEW NIGERIANS STILL SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THEM TO BE FURTHER MANIPULATED. THEIR SLOGAN FOR GEJ IS "FRESH AIR" BUT IRONICALLY THEIR IS NO FRESH AIR IN THE SAME OLD SONG THEY ARE SINGING. IBB IS STILL IN THE CAMP, OBJ, ANENIH, BODE GEORGE,IBORI AND SO ON. BUHARI MAY BE A NORTHERNER BUT I AM PROUD TO IDENTIFY WITH A NORTHERNER WHO HAS IDEALS THEN TO IDENTIFY WITH SOUTHERNER WHO HAS ALWAYS WISHED ME ILL. IF GEJ HAS DONE WELL AND HE IS PROUD OF HIS WORKS THEN WHY THE AGGRESSIVE CAMPAIGNING? HIS WORKS SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEAK FOR HIM. MANY NIGERIANS WHO SAY THEY WOULD VOTE FOR GEJ SIMPLY SAY " HE HAS MY VOTE BECAUSE HE IS HUMBLE", OR " HE HAS MY VOTE BECAUSE HE IS POPULAR". WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP AND CRAPPY MINDED PEOPLE.

AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE HAVE CHAINED OURSELVES TO THE BUHARI/BAKARE BANDWAGON AND WE ARE NOT GETTING OFF. THE TALE OF PDP AND NIGERIA HAS BEEN THE TALE OF A CAPTAIN ABOARD A SINKING SHIP AND THE CAPTAIN IS SHOUTING "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF". THE FRESH AIR SLOGAN BELONGS TO THE BUHARI/BAKARE CAMP AND NOT GEJ. ON A FINAL NOTE: I STAND NOW TO DECLARE THAT GEJ WILL DEFINITELY NOT WIN THE ELECTION COME APRIL BECAUSE NIGERIANS WHO NEVER VOTED BEFORE BECAUSE THEY WERE FED UP WITH LEADERSHIP IN NIGERIA HAVE NOW BANDED TOGETHER TO TAKE THEIR DESTINY INTO THEIR OWN HANDS. I ENCOURAGE ALL WHO ARE SENSIBLE AND DESIRE A BLESSED FUTURE TO PITCH THEIR TENTS WITH THE BUHARI/BAKARE TEAM. GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, GOD BLESS NAIRALANDERS.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by bestman09(m): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ POSTER,
Abeg go and look for work to do and stop wasting your time.

GOOD LUCK NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by 9ijaMan: 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2011

[size=30pt]VOTE Buhari/Bakare[/size] for a better tomorrow!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by bookface: 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by bisiaet: 10:07am On Mar 03, 2011
10,15,20,100 points absolutely jargons and irrelevant. Either we belief it or not either Gej is clueless or not, Gej is dull or not or whatever tags anyone put on him Aso Rock will only be vacant 2015 full stop. Let any one who want to rant keep ranting blablabla to eternity Gej is going to be there till 2015 that is what I know for sure.

I will say it over and over with no apology am not a PDP but I stand for him because Hausa man has had enough of power I mean enough of it and beside Gej is a clean man and is not find wanting in any wrong character as a leader. At the moment is the best candidate I'm not looking at PDP am looking at GEJ as a person.

Is it Ribadu who has not tell us where all the money he recovered during his efcc era are deposited or where Tafa Balogun a whole lot of 20 billion dissappear to?

Or is it Buhari who is pretending Sharia Lord so how do you expect me to go and vote for a man who belief in exremism, a man who belief Nigeria should be part OIC taken order from Saudi Arabia? To cast my vote for a man who at the end of the day the islamic killers will be license to kill freely? I only sorry for Bakare because already the islamic hardliners has be asking for his head to be chop off because they claim he dumped islam for christainity and is punishable by stone to death or dont people read it on newspaper a few weeks ago for us to know Bakare is already in the Den of Lion play with demons. Lets all wait and see.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Omooba77: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2011
GEJ will win, which will be good for us. Ask Tinubu what he did in 8 yrs, if not for Fashola, who knows things can work? GEJ is the only ideal candidate, leader not a ruler. Mubbarak has left with the terror reign of ruler!GEJ/Sambo is not notherner, but Nigerian dream!!!!!!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Omooba77: 10:51am On Mar 03, 2011
bisiaet:

10,15,20,100 points absolutely jargons and irrelevant. Either we belief it or not either Gej is clueless or not, Gej is dull or not or whatever tags anyone put on him Aso Rock will only be vacant 2015 full stop. Let any one who want to rant keep ranting blablabla to eternity Gej is going to be there till 2015 that is what I know for sure.

I will say it over and over with no apology am not a PDP but I stand for him because Hausa man has had enough of power I mean enough of it and beside Gej is a clean man and is not find wanting in any wrong character as a leader. At the moment is the best candidate I'm not looking at PDP am looking at GEJ as a person.

Is it Ribadu who has not tell us where all the money he recovered during his efcc era are deposited or where Tafa Balogun a whole lot of 20 billion dissappear to?

Or is it Buhari who is pretending Sharia Lord so how do you expect me to go and vote for a man who belief in exremism, a man who belief Nigeria should be part OIC taken order from Saudi Arabia? To cast my vote for a man who at the end of the day the islamic killers will be license to kill freely? I only sorry for Bakare because already the islamic hardliners has be asking for his head to be chop off because they claim he dumped islam for christainity and is punishable by stone to death or dont people read it on newspaper a few weeks ago for us to know Bakare is already in the Den of Lion play with demons. Lets all wait and see.

I support you jare!!!!!!GEJ is a Nigerian leader not sectional ruler!!!!!!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by honeric01(m): 11:13am On Mar 03, 2011
GEJ supporters, please answer these question sincerely.

What was our power output when PDP came into power in 1999? what do we have now?

What has GEJ actually achieved in his political life? we need it listed here.

One more thing, the $200 million dollars he "gave" the entertaining industry, does anyone know anything about it? has any entertainer gotten any money from it?
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by DejiYesufu(m): 11:19am On Mar 03, 2011
I want to thank damogul and other BB supporters for taking the time and pain to buttress the points I have laid down.
The fact remains that there are more reasons why any Nigerian should not vote for GEJ, but the ten I have laid are just an introduction, others have laid other cogent reasons here.
For those who continue to harp on northerner or southerner issue for the leadership of the nation, we must understand that ethnicity is the greatest draw back to progress in this country. It doesn't matter where the person is from what we want is result and JONATHAN IS DEFINITELY NOT GIVING ANY!
Also, I am not a CPC member; I am casting my votes for individual that will deliver results for me.

I wish the CPC success in their presidential campaign around the country.

And one more word for Papabrowne, JONATHAN IS NO LONGER RELAXED! THE MAN IS JITTERY, CONSIDERING THE CROWD THAT ATTENDED THE CPC CAMPAIGN LAUNCH IN KADUNA.

BUHARI/BAKARE 2011.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by asamuel: 11:57am On Mar 03, 2011
Thank you for posting this thread. I thought I am the only one that saw reasons not to vote rogues into office again. You forgot to include one reason "Celebrating ex-convict Bode George."
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by alldone(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2011
I think credit should be given to GEJ government becos in the days of previous government acn wouldnt hve gotten does states. GEJ all the way
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
DejiYesufu:

That is the point! The reasons you should not vote GEJ are so simple that even any 12 year old can state it!! Unfortunately some of us grow too old and forget our common sense.  BUHARI/BAKARE 2011 all the way!!!
That is the many reason I will vote for him because you dont have any valid point at all!!!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Righton: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
bestman09:

@ POSTER,
Abeg go and look for work to do and stop wasting your time.

GOOD LUCK NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!
Heart of the matter. LUCK? Chaining the destiny of 150million people to luck?
Luck is like kalo kalo. I prefer God's Grace
BTW - Goodluck has been lucky; but has Nigeria been lucky with Jonathan in charge?
Think, think
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by sley4life(m): 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
LIE. All those reasons are not tenable. Clueless reasons. It wont stop our support 4 GEJ
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by emekagh(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
Patrick Utomi or Chris Okotie are the ones we should be rooting for.
The other person that come close to their freshness is Goodluck Jonathan.

I will be voting for Jonathan Goodluck.

The BB trumpeters should just come out clean, if are rooting for Bakare, then that would have been a different ball game if he is the one running for President.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Righton: 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
emeka_gh:

Patrick Utomi or Chris Okotie are the ones we should be rooting for.
The other person that come close to their freshness is Goodluck Jonathan.

I will be voting for Jonathan Goodluck.

The BB trumpeters should just come out clean, if are rooting for Bakare, then that would have been a different ball game if he is the one running for President.

Of course, as a Nigerian, it is your entitlement to vote for Jonathan
But let us face it - this is not Feb 2010.

What is fresh about Jonathan?
Bode George celebration?
the partnership with Obasanjo who was prepared to level Anambra state to get a state of emergency?
the support of Anenih (the "enforcer"wink?
the backing of Gbenga Daniel (the sole administrator of Ogun State)?
the partnership with Akala ?
The fresh man has a lot of stale and odoriferous friends

the crafting of the text messages indicting Dokpesi for the bomb blast?
the withdrawal of cases against people accused in the Harliburton, Siemens scandal?
The retention of a self confessed bribe taker as minister?

It is unfair to compare a PDP chieftain of over 12 years with Prof Utomi!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by KaluJohnNdukwe: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
I think i have more than 150 million reasons to vote for G.E.J come April 2011.

The devil you know they say is better than the angel you dont know.

@The poster, i guess you are just an undergraduate in a polytechnic that have been
given some change to come and post rubbish.

If we dont vote for G.E.J who should we vote for?  shocked shocked shocked

Oya, tell us who gave you the bribe grin grin grin
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by 9ijaMan: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
You should obviously vote for:

[size=30pt][center]BUHARI-BAKARE 2011[/center][/size]

[center][/center]
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Solomon227(m): 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2011
[size=20pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by laplace(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
Now I understand the meaning of delusion from the Nigerian context.  Most people here were routing for Ribadu until Bakare joinded the BB ticket.  There is a very high level of inconsistency and I undertand why from the religious point of view.

I do not understand why a sane Nigerian will believe that BB will win GEJ.  Ribadu is even out of the question.  I have heard of these same reasons from all BB supporters everywhere; joints, bars, cinema, office, and here too.  There is some level of indoctination by SNG.  Perhaps that was one of the reasons the group was formed.

For me, I took the pains to register as a voter, and I'm taking my time to make my choice.  CPC is no party and Buhari is no individual I can EVER vote as a councilor of my ward, chariman of my local government, governor of my state not to talk of president of my country.  I have too many issues with his person, and I'm sure his governmnet is going to be as clueless, as unpopular, as sectional, as sentimental, as unreasonable, as ethic-biased as most of his followers.  He's a loser on both fronts.  I cannot vote for his party - CPC (The candle will die after the presidential election!) or his person (I just have too may reasons against him).

For Ribadu/Fola Adeola.  They have to wait til 2015.  Ribadu needs to clear his identity and perhaps dissociate from the likes of TNB.  He's a confirmed rogue!

So, who will I vote?  I am a Nigerian, and I think it will be unfair to say PDP or their candidates have done NOTHING in Nigeria or to Nigerians.  Haba! Sentiments apart.  We definitely want better leadership and they've not given us their best, but that doesn't mean they've done nothing.  Who thinks Ribadu or Buhari will be a better leader?  I'm sure they won't.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by sgtinfo(f): 4:04am On Mar 04, 2011
What has GEJ done since he came into power 8months ago?

Lets take this question seriously?
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by 9ijaMan: 5:06am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^The simple answer is NOTHING, compared to the accomplishments of the other candidates!

The pertinent questions to be asked should have been: What has GEJ achieved in his 12 years in governance from being a deputy gov all the way to becoming the nations president? We want concrete evidences and not sentimental "he's God's chosen one" BS!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by sgtinfo(f): 5:35am On Mar 04, 2011
Thanks, you are real 9aijaman. Lol!

But how many ppl don't know this?

Is it that i hated PDP so much or alot of pp are blind to see that there must be change or does making the notice have benefit's and prefer this country to go down??
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Righton: 7:29am On Mar 04, 2011
laplace:

Now I understand the meaning of delusion from the Nigerian context.  Most people here were routing for Ribadu until Bakare joinded the BB ticket.  There is a very high level of inconsistency and I undertand why from the religious point of view.

I do not understand why a sane Nigerian will believe that BB will win GEJ.  Ribadu is even out of the question. 

For me, I took the pains to register as a voter, and I'm taking my time to make my choice.  CPC is no party and Buhari is no individual I can EVER vote as a councilor of my ward, chariman of my local government, governor of my state not to talk of president of my country.  I have too many issues with his person, and I'm sure his governmnet is going to be as clueless, as unpopular, as sectional, as sentimental, as unreasonable, as ethic-biased as most of his followers.  He's a loser on both fronts. 

For Ribadu/Fola Adeola.  They have to wait til 2015.  Ribadu needs to clear his identity and perhaps dissociate from the likes of TNB.  He's a confirmed rogue!

So, who will I vote?  I am a Nigerian, and I think it will be unfair to say PDP or their candidates have done NOTHING in Nigeria or to Nigerians.  Haba! Sentiments apart.  We definitely want better leadership and they've not given us their best, but that doesn't mean they've done nothing.  Who thinks Ribadu or Buhari will be a better leader?  I'm sure they won't. 
Tinubu is a confirmed rogue. Who did the confirmation? And what is EFCC and GEJ waiting for
These confirmations come once in 4 years - around Jan - Apr
But Jonathan is not associated with rogues? His own minister CONFESSED to taking bribe and the man is still in the cabinet
Where are the harliburton suspects? Why did Jonathan send reps to Bode George's gig. These are facts

Ribadu/Fola should wait till 2015. Why. Too young I suppose. Buhari, IBB etc are too old. Jonathan is just perfect
Now who is being sentimental?

Ribadu/Fola should wait till 2015. Ribadu needs to clear his identity.
Who is being inconsistent?

Why do you think any  candidate cannot win if he has the programmes and the campaign
Because of sentiments. It is easy to criticise, but examine your own motives
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by Allwell(m): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
I don't believe the reasons the poster gave are reasonable enough not to vote for GEJ. However i'd know that i'm not going to vote for him cos he has nothing to offer. For heaven's sake, GEJ is currently the president and has all he needs to lay a solid framework for the development of this country but he has refused to acknowledge that fact.
Also i'm sure that the problem of this country is not just our bad leaders but bad families that control every sector of the country. Believe me or not some families are in charge of the police, military, oil bloc allocation, NPA, PHCN etc. So to make Nigeria work, get rid of there godfamilies.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by gendebs(m): 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2011
@poster d man dat inspired u to post dis tread papabrowne never said we shld nt vote 4 BB he only gave reason why buhari will. How dare u impose a candidate on us, if i vote 4 buhari because of dis point of urs den i ve nt followed my heart rather urs. I'm too old 2 be brainwashed by any supporter. who paid u 2 post this and d fact remains dat dis points re baseless. GEJ is too honest to be voted out
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by laplace(m): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2011
@RightOn.  I never said Ribadu/Fola Adeola are too young to be president.  They are NOT.  However, elections are not won on the paper or the internet.  Elections are won in the grassroots.  How many Nigerians know Fola Adeola or Ribadu?  Only the educated and elites!  And how many people know GEJ, almost everybody.  How many people know Buhari? Most.  However, his undoing is that the average Nigerian associates majority of our current national issues with military rule, and he was an active part of one of the military regimes!

Does Ribadu seem to want to win the election? NO.  I have not noticed any conscious effort on his part, especially in campaining and canvassing for votes.  I remember very clearly how MKO/Kingibe won in 1993.  They went almost everywhere talking to people groups, ethnic and non-ethnic groups, religious and non-religious groups asking for support and votes.  Was the election free and fair? YES.  Did they win? YES!  Do we see that happening currently? NO, except with GEJ.

People want to be led by people they can relate/associate.  They want to be led by people they know!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by baslone: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2011
sgt.info:

What has GEJ done since he came into power 8months ago?

Lets take this question seriously?

1. Systematic buying of voters’ card by politicians.
2. Multiple voter registrations.
3. Faulty direct data capturing machines.
4. Replacement of candidates who won the primaries with those selected by the party.
5. Manipulation of religion: use of churches to campaign against Muslim candidates and the use of mosques to campaign against Christian candidates.
6. Using ‘security reasons’ excuses to deny campaign permit and venue to opposition candidates.
7. Lack of transparency in campaign finance and fund raising of the candidates.
8. Boko Haram armed insurgency in some parts of northern states.
9. Kidnapping of candidates in the South Eastern states.
10. Bombing of campaign offices and venues of candidates.
11. Politically motivated assassination of candidates.
12. Unfavorable publicity advantage given to ruling parties in state owned media houses.
13. Use of urban development control government agencies to pull down billboards of opposition candidates.
14. Arrest and detention of supporters of the opposition in some states on the ground of disturbance of public peace.
15. Threat and blackmailing of civil servants in the states to vote for the ruling party.
16. Impending litigations against the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC by candidates and parties.
17. The continued Jos ethno religious crisis.
18. The non implementation of the new minimum wage and the threat by the Nigerian Labor Congress to boycott the elections for that.
19. State governors’ formation and control of ‘joint security task force’.
20. Meddling and domineering influence of political Godfathers.
21. Removal of elected local government chairmen and their replacement with appointees to be used as campaign coordinators for incumbent governors.
22. Apparent public use of anti-corruption agencies against political opponents.
23. Unprofessional conduct of some private media houses.
24. Proliferation of arms
25. Inciting utterance by Niger-Delta elders and Northern elders.
26. Recruitment and use of rented crowd for political campaigns.
27. Unsolved militancy in the Niger-Delta.
28. Hisbah support for incumbent governors in Sharia implementing states.
29. Diversion and use of public funds by state governors for political campaigns.
30. Complacency and docility of state and federal legislatures.
31. Do or Die politics.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by cosmas4u(m): 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2011
Hello friends,
Lets Rebuild Nigeria for a lasting future, Be a web Activists
9jawatchman support true federalism in Nigeria states. what of you?
Join us today. Create your free blog or join as a contributing member. of course its free,

www.9jawatchman.com
smiley
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by DejiYesufu(m): 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
baslone:

1. Systematic buying of voters’ card by politicians.
2. Multiple voter registrations.
3. Faulty direct data capturing machines.
4. Replacement of candidates who won the primaries with those selected by the party.
5. Manipulation of religion: use of churches to campaign against Muslim candidates and the use of mosques to campaign against Christian candidates.
6. Using ‘security reasons’ excuses to deny campaign permit and venue to opposition candidates.
7. Lack of transparency in campaign finance and fund raising of the candidates.
8. Boko Haram armed insurgency in some parts of northern states.
9. Kidnapping of candidates in the South Eastern states.
10. Bombing of campaign offices and venues of candidates.
11. Politically motivated assassination of candidates.
12. Unfavorable publicity advantage given to ruling parties in state owned media houses.
13. Use of urban development control government agencies to pull down billboards of opposition candidates.
14. Arrest and detention of supporters of the opposition in some states on the ground of disturbance of public peace.
15. Threat and blackmailing of civil servants in the states to vote for the ruling party.
16. Impending litigations against the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC by candidates and parties.
17. The continued Jos ethno religious crisis.
18. The non implementation of the new minimum wage and the threat by the Nigerian Labor Congress to boycott the elections for that.
19. State governors’ formation and control of ‘joint security task force’.
20. Meddling and domineering influence of political Godfathers.
21. Removal of elected local government chairmen and their replacement with appointees to be used as campaign coordinators for incumbent governors.
22. Apparent public use of anti-corruption agencies against political opponents.
23. Unprofessional conduct of some private media houses.
24. Proliferation of arms
25. Inciting utterance by Niger-Delta elders and Northern elders.
26. Recruitment and use of rented crowd for political campaigns.
27. Unsolved militancy in the Niger-Delta.
28. Hisbah support for incumbent governors in Sharia implementing states.
29. Diversion and use of public funds by state governors for political campaigns.
30. Complacency and docility of state and federal legislatures.
31. Do or Die politics.
i beg my make you telll them O,
The list has just been extended to 41!
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by 9ijaMan: 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
gendebs:

@poster d man dat inspired u to post dis tread papabrowne never said we shld nt vote 4 BB he only gave reason why buhari will. How dare u impose a candidate on us, if i vote 4 buhari because of dis point of urs den i ve nt followed my heart rather urs. I'm too old 2 be brainwashed by any supporter. who paid u 2 post this and d fact remains dat dis points re baseless. GEJ is too honest to be voted out

That's a fallacy. Check out Papabrowne's other posts and you'll not be surprised he's also another GEJ crony who's trying to use half-truths to whip up sympathy for the failure of the GEJ led government.
Re: Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April by sgtinfo(f): 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2011
DejiYesufu:

i beg my make you telll them O,
The list has just been extended to 41!

It's the fact. Let's accept it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad / NDDC: Time For Politics Is Over, This Is A Time For Governance - Uzodinma / Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.