Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship (9945 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship? / She Couldn't Cum Easily In Her Previous Relationship But Now She Can / Your Previous Relationship: Why Did You Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by IAH(f): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2005
Your dream soulmate but...

Assume you meet someone that fits your dream of a lifetime partner and soulmate, possesses every quality you have always wanted but has a son from a previous relationship. Would you date and later marry such a person?
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Greatpeter(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2005
It is never a barrier to me.
Love has no constrition since I see the qualities I needed.
I will even make yanga that the former guy lost precious jewels.
I will love her and  care for the child as well.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2005
IAH, if the child is living with the man and his mother is alive then it can be really complicated unless both you and the child are able to accept each other.

Then you have to consider the financial status of both of you if he's paying money for child support, then you have to consider the possibility that he will leave you even after you have children in your relationship with him!

So it depends on so many factors. Was he married to the mother of his child? Did she leave him or did he leave her? Was it just a fling that went wrong? WHy was he not able to maintain a relationship with the boy's mother?

Sometimes we are too quick to conclude that someone is perfect for us when we know so little abt the person.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by opeyemi(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2005
Yea, i agree that so many things will be considered. But, u see, love surpasses all things. For me it holds no water. I will go ahead and marry her if it is our intention. But also i need to be very sure that nothing will spring up btw her and the man again.

If this case is a challange, what do you say if you happen to find out that you fiance has been pregnant in a previous relationship and probably gave birth to the baby dead or aborted the pregnancy at a matured stage. The fact is that she's been pregnant and gave birth.

Nothing spoil, I go carry on with the runs.

enjoy.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by IAH(f): 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2005
No, no, no! You are getting me wrong. This person is single and has never married.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Pinky(f): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2005
Like Seun rightly said, it depends on where the relanship with the mother of the child hangs with my spouse.

If they still have something that might sprout tommorrow, I won't venture near the guy not to talk of him being a soulmate to me.

But if its reallly over between them, I will go on with my dude! I will take care of the child like one of my own, God help me. But then some of these children from outside relationshps can act really funny. They suddenly become problematic, discouraging you from reaching out to them in love.

I don't pray to be in such a position. Its' usually better if you raised the child. If you didn't and he/she gets raised by a bad mother or father, there are going to be problems in relating to such child.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by legry(m): 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2005
I finally meet my soulmate and she has a child. What is it with you people here? Don't you want me to get married?

Argh!
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Pinky(f): 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2005
legry:

I finally meet my soulmate and she has a child.  What is it with you people here?  Don't you want me to get married?

Argh!
so legry wats ur point??
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by legs(f): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2005
probably means it does not make any difference to him
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by oluwizard(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2005
No problem in that, even now my babygirl have a boy when she was in Sencondary school SS2. But she latter complete is education both of us are living in abuja and if you are not told you can't know but i love her and i am ready to marry her when time come. she is the one that told me her past if not i will not know even she is not my tribe and nobody can stop me .
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by hotangel2(f): 4:26am On Jun 28, 2005
being that i have a childhood soulmate which i left in 9ja, If I should see him with kids later on, I am sure i will marry him.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by shockreaction(m): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2005
Pinky:

legry link=topic=614.msg8147#msg8147 date=1119896444:

I finally meet my soulmate and she has a child.  What is it with you people here?  Don't you want me to get married?

Argh!
so legry wats your point??

I think his point is... He doesn't want to take up the responsibility of taking care of someone else's child.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by babadudu(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2005
when you are faced with a real life situation, in most cases, what you think you'll do is different from what you'll actually do. That being said, I would not marry a person with a son from a previous relationship... keeping up with a relationship is hard enough. What happens if I discipline the boy and the mother feels I'm mistreating her son because I'm not the biological father. It'll definitely cause friction in the relationship.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by dablessed(f): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2005
babadudu:

when you are faced with a real life situation, in most cases, what you think you'll do is different from what you'll actually do. That being said, I would not marry a person with a son from a previous relationship... keeping up with a relationship is hard enough. What happens if I discipline the boy and the mother feels I'm mistreating her son because I'm not the biological father. It'll definitely cause friction in the relationship.

Babadudu,

U dey hard small o! Haba!

How about if u really love the babe? U mean u'll let go?

Ok Nairalanders how about if the other person is a widower/widow? Will u still go ahead? Bear in mind that u love him/her so much.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Pinky(f): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2005
dablessed:

Ok Nairalanders how about if the other person is a widower/widow? Will you still go ahead? Bear in mind that you love him/her so much.
its even makes it better, cos no one will lay claim on the child after i have raised him to become something in life
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by babadudu(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2005
dablessed:

Babadudu,

U dey hard small o! Haba!

How about if you really love the babe? U mean you'll let go?

Ok Nairalanders how about if the other person is a widower/widow? Will you still go ahead? Bear in mind that you love him/her so much.

Dablessed,

I hear you oo...and that's why I mentioned until I'm faced with it real life (which I doubt).
question for you is - would you say love is a choice?
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by dablessed(f): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2005
Babadudu,

Everyone has got some sort of power - which is the ability to choose. so answering your question: Yes love is a choice.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Motee(f): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2005
IAH:

Your dream soulmate but...

Assume you meet someone that fits your dream of a lifetime partner and soulmate, possesses every quality you have always wanted but has a son from a previous relationship.  Would you date and later marry such a person?

As much as i can get along with his son nothing will stop me from marrying him.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by legry(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2005
I mean that now you give me a soul mate now you have to add a child to the bargain geeezz now you get my drift
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by dablessed(f): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2005
legry:

I mean that now you give me a soul mate now you have to add a child to the bargain geeezz now you get my drift

What is Legry saying? What is all the "now" about?
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Pinky(f): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2005
dablessed:

legry link=topic=614.msg8814#msg8814 date=1120147087:

What is Legry saying? What is all the "now" about?
i was beginning to wonder too!
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by Greatpeter(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2005
That is legry's love arithmetic.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by natasha: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2005
if ur idea of a soulmate included having a stepchild and u feel u've met ur soulmate who also 's got a child goodluck to u and have a nice future together. But if ur ideal picture of a soulmate did not include a stepchild, i guess it time u really sit down and do some good thinking. Are u ready to accept another woman visiting ur home every now and then with the excuse of coming to visit her child?.
Are u ready to share ur income with another woman because there's not sufficient enough for ur husband to take care of his child and u loe ur husband so much u don't want the world to know he's in a financial mess.
Are u ready to have another woman's baby inherit all u've worked and toiled for if u never conceive in ur home.

Take a long look into the future before making a decision.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by icingbaby(f): 4:40am On Nov 26, 2005
why not, if he is my soulmate i will marry him. i love him that what matter and he love me. one child will not stop me for marry my soulmate.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by snazzydawn(f): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2005
cool cool cool
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by snazzydawn(f): 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2005
HMMMMM.Me I no know ooooo.This is a hard one.Well,if I get to reach that bridge,I will cross it.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by eveseh(f): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2006
snazzydawn:

HMMMMM.Me I no know ooooo.This is a hard one.Well,if I get to reach that bridge,I will cross it.

wink wink wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by shade(f): 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2006
well, there is nothing new under the sun. The child or the father or mother of the child shouldnt take the fall.The new lover should be able to tell the past from the present and the future. If u love someone hard enough, child or no child, warts and all, its for life.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by richie123: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2006
hello.
my name is richard, i'd like 2 know u
would you mind, my no is 08055057015
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by TaniCarr(f): 6:47am On Oct 26, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]Well, I guess I'm one person who is best to answer a question like this. I have a six year old son and I am engaged (just got engaged). I got pregnant at the tender age of 16 and had my son about four monts before I turned 17. The father and I didn't stay together,he doesn't help me with our son til this very day. I think marrying someone with a child depends on some very important factors.for instance,does the father still have a relashionship with the child and has he moved on with his own life or is still trying to be with the mother.If he is trying to be with the mother,you shouldn't get involved because it may cause "DRAMA". If the guy isn't helping or he doesn't come around it's easier,well in most cases.How old the child is, is very important as well because depending on the age of the child and the relashionship with the father the child may or may not like any man to be with his mother other than the dad. In my case I don't have the father around and my son is still very young,and at that age where no matter if I get married now or not he just likes to be around loving and caring people.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by olutomiwa(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2006
wot,s the big deal in that?it shows that she is ok for MOTHERHOOD,moreover the devil you know is better than the angel you haven,t met,love is all dat counts.
Re: Your Dream Soulmate Has Child from Previous Relationship by abiodunade(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2006
As far as am concern, that should not a be a problem at all, the main thing is LOVE and if the boy and mother are not living with him and u love him then go for it, even if is only the boy living with him and the quality is there, u better make use of the rare opportunity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Help! She Wants To Register On 2go / I'm Feeling Suicidal / Guys, How Do U Feel When A Woman Turns Ur Proposal Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.