Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,294 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! (6145 Views)

Remove Immunity Clause-prof. Adesegun Ojo Called On The President Elect / Constitution Review: Reps Remove Immunity For President, Vice President, Govern / Reps Remove Immunity Clause, Exposing President To Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by recoome(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2011
He is joking, how can he do that without the support of the peoples democratic party(the only party in Nigeria, others are associations or co-operatives), it's been said times without no,'NO VACANCY IN ASO-ROCK' he should tell us when & how he would return our $2.8 bn first, i urge u NLers not to waste ur vote on a tyrant & dictator, and for those asking for a reason not to vote the PDP, why should we vote the other 'associations', when 95% of their members were with the PDP, give us a reason.PDP, POWER TO THE PEOPLE, PDP, POWER TO THE WOMEN,PDP, POWER TO THE YOUTH.PDP, POWER TO NIGERIA.
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by recoome(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2011
He is joking, how can he do that without the support of the peoples democratic party(the only party in Nigeria, others are associations or co-operatives), it's been said times without no,'NO VACANCY IN ASO-ROCK' he should tell us when & how he would return our $2.8 bn first, i urge u NLers not to waste ur vote on a tyrant & dictator, and for those asking for a reason not to vote the PDP, why should we vote the other 'associations', when 95% of their members were with the PDP, give us a reason.PDP, POWER TO THE PEOPLE, PDP, POWER TO THE WOMEN,PDP, POWER TO THE YOUTH.PDP, POWER TO NIGERIA.
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by recoome(m): 6:26am On Mar 02, 2011
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by recoome(m): 6:26am On Mar 02, 2011
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 02, 2011
Will you shut your stinking pie hole angry angry angry
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by MeAboki(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2011
Corruption is the biggest evil afflicting Nigeria and its people.

It is like a persistant invasive cancer slowly but surely choking and grinding our whole societal process to a halt. Nigeria is at present on its death bed (not dead yet, but in coma).

If we can get rid of this evil then all will not be lost, because everything that was wrong and could go wrong would simply auto - correct, and our country would be back on track.

Buhari is reknown for his anti corruption stance and had made many friends and enemies for the same reason and still has not changed, so we know the direction he would take if given the opportunity.

Though he may not be the best candidate Nigeria can get and deserves, but right now I am quite convinced that he is the best option we have to choose from.

I would rather vote Buhari a million times over (even if he would not succeed - its the thought/intention that matters) than vote for somebody who not only can not avoid corruption but would actively seek and court it. 

So let the revolution begin, BB ALL THE WAY cool
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by Tokotaya: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Save all this talk for when you get there, if you do. It has never been smart in this country to go this route before election.
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by pinkrex(m): 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
All I can see with this laudable manifesto of his is just election wining strategy. He is an autocrat leader to be so sure he can do such things single handdly. Is he going to reforbish or sack all the members of the house or he is going to use Veto power cum military intervention?
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by pinkrex(m): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
All I can see with this laudable manifesto of his is just election wining strategy. He is an autocrat leader to be so sure he can do such things single handdly. Is he going to reforbish or sack all the members of the house or he is going to use Veto power cum military intervention?
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Where did Buhari get the money to be contesting presidency after presidency? The cost must run into millions of dollars.

He should start by probing himself.

Some he stole as head of state,some as chairman of PTF and some money comes from Osam Bin Laden
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by bknight: 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
i really give credit to gen. buhari, he was d first person ever in this country to initiate move to tackle corruption when he kick-started 'ethical revolution in (i think )'84
i like his spirit towards and he was reported to have been quite strict, nice one.
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Ozin:

Some he stole as head of state,some as chairman of PTF and some money comes from Osam Bin Laden
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by owohblow: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
the clause has his own good and bad side but removed seems our best bet.
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by MeAboki(m): 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
pinkrex:

All I can see with this laudable manifesto of his is just election wining strategy. He is an autocrat leader to be so sure he can do such things single handdly. Is he going to reforbish or [b]sack all the members of the house [/b]or he is going to use Veto power come military intervention?

He doesn't have to do any of the above, because power belongs to the people; in fact we the people are the ones empowered and indeed responsible to cause them (members of the house) to do as we wish, and if they fail/refuse then we can take appropriate action (the above in bold) against them - haven't you heard of the right of recall? Check it out, it is the process in which an erring member of the house or senate can be removed/recalled by his constituency if he should misrepresent them or is found wanting.

Should he be president, Buhari's only responsibility would be to propose the bill; while ours would be to ensure that the law makers we elected to represent us tow the line - otherwise we should simply replace them  through the process mentioned above.

The way forward is very clear.
We can start by getting ready to wake up from our slumber so that we can exercise our civic responsibility when the time comes; meanwhile can you stop being a defeatist (giving up before even trying) or for  ever be doomed as an armchair critic - ready to find solace in poor man's prayer (god dey!)  grin
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2011
Quote:

Toaskarity (m)

i always laugh whenever you guys here talk about buhari!
[b]Do you knw that my mum always kneel nd prays that Buhari never win(i mean it) Grin
if i try explaining a little good
things to her,she even go ahead telling me how they pray in US (with my broda, wife nd oder nigerians)so that he wont win [/b]rather for Goodluck to. And even here in onitsha(where i'm sure of)no body ever talks of buhari
i think its only on internet like this that the man got guts! Huh
@topic that wld be a hard task unless their party got a good seat in the legislator.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe your mother is one the drug pushers that Buhari made their life horrible! Advice her to remain permanently in US come 2011 victory for buhari bc people like her, bode, kidnappers, political tugs, religious trouble makers, armed robbers, corrupt past leaders and many other deadly vices that kept us far behind, will find no peace or place to dwell in Nigeria.

As for Onitsha, you will be surprised how the poll result will greatly favour Buhari!

BB - 2011 - or Mass protest! THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE IS THE VOICE OF GOD!
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by MaiSuya(m): 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2011
You can all but feel the palpable panic in the anti-BB--and, by implication, pro-GEJ--camp as the realization slowly, but surely, sinks in:

BB-2011 could well become a reality.
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by MagicBishop: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
grin
Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by kenny714433(m): 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
grin

Those users above, I wonder if they're still alive to see Nigeria today. I don't even notice such usernames on nairaland again.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Remove Immunity Clause – Buhari ! by eunisam: 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2020
Is that an achievement?
Who ask you sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South-East Leaders: We Accept SGF / BREAKING! Fulani Herdsmen Block Benin-ore Road In Edo State, Travelers Stranded / If Buhari Hate Igbos Then Is This PHOTOSHOPPED???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.