Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall (5760 Views)

2023: Tinubu,pride Goes Before A Fall.. / Pride Goes Before “e Mi Lo Kan” And A Haughty Spirit Before A Fall / Fellow Igbos - Some Friday Advice For You. Pride Goes Before A Fall. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pride they say goes before a fall.sometimes in life a person,or group people may not know that they are fast drifting to a fall.the simple reason for this ignorance is the presence of PRIDE in the life of those I mentioned earlier.we were told of how pride dethroned Lucifer.. pride & arrogance was what led to the fall of the great Roman empire! time & time again we are warned of the dangers of pride & arrogance.with this in mind & my observation especially on this section of nairaland,I beg to ask: Ndigbo,are we making the right steps?..a day hardly passed without you reading Igbo this, or Igbo that.Ndigbo are we at war with everyone?.. ALMOST EVERY DAY,WE ENGAGE THE YORUBA'S ON TRIBAL WAR.. ANOTHER DAY IT'S THE TURN OF HAUSA FULANIS..YET ANOTHER DAY,WE ENGAGE THE NIGER DELTA..IF WE ARE NOT ENGAGING THOSE TRIBES,WE ENGAGE OURSELVES BETWEEN,ANAMBRA vs IMO...NGWA vs ABIA..etc.Ndigbo are we sure we have not DRIFTED? we have forgotten this Igbo adage;OJEMBA ENWE ILO!..a journey man doesn't have enemy!we travel widely on a daily basis.is it how we are going to live with those we travel daily to there region? NDIGBO LET US PAUSE & LOOK OUR SELVES IN THE MIRROR.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Asgard73: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
You’re a pained human. With a bitter mind towards IGBOS . ..

God bless IGBO Nation. ... and all IGBOs WORLDWIDE..

Na God give Una.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Ogbuefi2020: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Since you admitted that we also engage each other then our engagement of other is not out of tribal hatred. They rally against us out of their own insecurities

17 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by mightyhaze: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Asgard73:

Na God give Una.
iseeeeeeeee cool

10 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Asgard73:

Na God give Una.
Amen to your prayer! but I'm not pained.i cannot have a bitter mind against myself, because I'm also igbo.we should be humble enough to accept criticism.

18 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
Since you admitted that we also engage each other then our engagement of other is not out of tribal hatred. They rally against us out of their own insecurities
yes we should engage others with wisdom.because there are cultural, tribal & religious difference between us.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by helinues: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
The problem with Igbo;s is they don't have decorum

One important issue like this;

Igbos would be saying one thing

Ohaneze would be saying otherwise

Massob opinion is entirely different

While their politicians would be indifferent

11 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
shut the Bleep up here before i beat you up slowpoke
Abeg no break my bones!.. now lets talk.why is Igbo related issues dominating this section?..are we the only tribe in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
helinues:
The problem with Igbo;s is they don't have decorum

One important issue like this;

Igbos would be saying one thing

Ohaneze would be saying otherwise

Massob opinion is entirely different

While their politicians would be indifferent
there are plenty of igbos who have decorum that are not on this forum.however,my concern is that millions of igbos are being misrepresented by this tribal players.we are known to be travellers, this is not how a traveller suppose to behave

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by helinues: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
there are plenty of igbos who have decorum that are not on this forum.however,my concern is that millions of igbos are being misrepresented by this tribal players.we are known to be travellers, this is not how a traveller suppose to behave

The Igbos who have decorum don't seem to be interested in the happening in the region.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Omanambala(m): 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Pride they say goes before a fall.sometimes in life a person,or group people may not know that they are fast drifting to a fall.the simple reason for this ignorance is the presence of PRIDE in the life of those I mentioned earlier.we were told of how pride dethroned Lucifer.. pride & arrogance was what led to the fall of the great Roman empire! time & time again we are warned of the dangers of pride & arrogance.with this in mind & my observation especially on this section of nairaland,I beg to ask: Ndigbo,are we making the right steps?..a day hardly passed without you reading Igbo this, or Igbo that.Ndigbo are we at war with everyone?.. ALMOST EVERY DAY,WE ENGAGE THE YORUBA'S ON TRIBAL WAR.. ANOTHER DAY IT'S THE TURN OF HAUSA FULANIS..YET ANOTHER DAY,WE ENGAGE THE NIGER DELTA..IF WE ARE NOT ENGAGING THOSE TRIBES,WE ENGAGE OURSELVES BETWEEN,ANAMBRA vs IMO...NGWA vs ABIA..etc.Ndigbo are we sure we have not DRIFTED? we have forgotten this Igbo adage;OJEMBA ENWE ILO!..a journey man doesn't have enemy!we travel widely on a daily basis.is it how we are going to live with those we travel daily to there region? NDIGBO LET US PAUSE & LOOK OUR SELVES IN THE MIRROR.

Every existing society must have its internal wrangling.

Just because I am Igbo doesn't mean I will claim Imo when I am from Anambra.....many ekesia na ama ebulu naa na obi.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adamsmith914: 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
Asgard73:

Na God give Una.
Miserable Peasant, Eastern Nigeria Church rat.

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adamsmith914: 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
The ones like Asgard73, the furthest they have been in n their sojourn is Asaba, so they are locked in their own myopic ignorance.

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
you tell me yoruba man wakes up early in day morning jobless his whole thought is igbo, Hausa man the same thing some of them if use funny igbo monkers name here and trust igbo guys will surely reply them, most of them feel jealous of igbo development that's the problem and the truth is igbos always reply them curse to curse, banta to banta with fact so many jobless yoruba youth and hausa here with free data
do you know that igbos are closer to other tribes in Nigeria more than they are to us? now this is the problem; do you know how many people we offend daily in Nigeria?..& those that offends us as well.. it's all about tolerance!.. it's all about wisdom! OJEMBA ENWE ILO! take for instance the Nollywood movies we watch, people think that Alaigbo is full of juju, which is not true.So my brother, my message is simple,if you must defend yourself, it's far better you do it with wisdom without any form of abuse

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
do you know that igbos are closer to other tribes in Nigeria more than they are to us? now this is the problem; do you know how many people we offend daily in Nigeria?..& those that offends us as well.. it's all about tolerance!.. it's all about wisdom! OJEMBA ENWE ILO! take for instance the Nollywood movies we watch, people think that Alaigbo is full of juju, which is not true.So my brother, my message is simple,if you must defend yourself, it's far better you do it with wisdom without any form of abuse
my brother what i don't support is intimation the abuse igbos and you say they should keep quite because we have business in there region that's stupidity of the highest he that wears shoes knows where it pains him, igbos are trying how do you have all region facing you blackmailing blacklashing u and u keep quit go and tell that Israel that bullshit, undecided yoruba should be one been a peacemarker rather the masturbate on igbos topic with useless hausa tribe the Abokis grin cheesy illiterate aboki that do pick crabs from dustbin in East undecided undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
helinues:

The Igbos who have decorum don't seem to be interested in the happening in the region.
they are interested!we meet monthly in our families & lga meetings to discuss about us.trying to educate, correct wrong perceptions.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by teamoneline: 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Advocate500:
you are very stupid for dragging the entire region over the comments of some people on this faceless forum, is unfortunate you ignore the actions of other elements from other tribes against the igbos, i have been on this forum for years.

Before nairaland forum was created, igbo hatred have been on the rise,it has nothing to do with comment on nairaland, i don't do tribal hatred, but this is a very stupid and annoying comment to see on this forum, coming from a man who claim to be igbo ,calling out an entire tribe because of action of few on nairaland forum.

It's called inferiority complex and low self esteem. Wanting to please others at the expense of your own to look good in their eyes but little do they know that those people they are trying hard to please will never give a damn about them. The igbos like the op even go as far as denying Igbo or talking bad about Igbo outside. Hausa do Boko Haram how many hausa deny hausa tribe. Fulani do herdsmen how many Fulani deny being fulani. Because of small issue you see them low self esteem Igbo denying their tribe just like Peter deny Jesus but as usual it will end in premium tears. Anybody that tells me rubbish about Igbo outside i shut the person down immediately even as I've never supported ipob before but you dear not talk bad about my Igbo tribe. God bless Igbo worldwide

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by teamoneline: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Even if they say Satan is Igbo I remain a proud Igbo man.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omanambala:

Every existing society must have its internal wrangling.

Just because I am Igbo doesn't mean I will claim Imo when I am from Anambra.....many ekesia na ama ebulu naa na obi.
you are right.quarrel, fight & argument is part of every living thing.however, how we resolve issues is what differentiate the fool & the wise

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
It's okay to chestbeat online.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
adamsmith914:
The ones like Asgard73, the furthest they have been in n their sojourn is Asaba, so they are locked in their own myopic ignorance.
thank you & may God bless you

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adamsmith914: 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
teamoneline:
Even if they say Satan is Igbo I remain a proud Igbo man.
But if Yankee offer you book, you will abandon your ignorant tribalist mindset, even Mazi has denied been Nigerian that he is British, is it possible to be igbo without been a Nigerian? Can you produce your birth certificate if you have one to debunk the assertion that you are from Nri & not Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adamsmith914: 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
thank you & may God bless you
Amen.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by teamoneline: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
adamsmith914:
But if Yankee offer you book, you will abandon your ignorant tribalist mindset, even Mazi has denied been Nigerian that he is British, is it possible to be igbo without been a Nigerian? Can you produce your birth certificate if you have one to debunk the assertion that you are from Nri & not Nigeria?

Who be this one abeg?
What's all this rubbish you're capping?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adamsmith914: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
teamoneline:

Who be this one abeg?
Gerrout Hypocrite, they should have given birth to you in Yaoundé so you would have been Cameroonian igbo? Empty Barrels Will Always Make The Loudest Noise.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adamsmith914: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
teamoneline:

Who be this one abeg?
Answer the question, is it possible to be igbo without been Nigerian? Mention the country that your parents are from, or you were the one that created your existence?

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
Advocate500:
you are very stupid for dragging the entire region over the comments of some people on this faceless forum, is unfortunate you ignore the actions of other elements from other tribes against the igbos, i have been on this forum for years.

Before nairaland forum was created, igbo hatred have been on the rise,it has nothing to do with comment on nairaland, i don't do tribal hatred, but this is a very stupid and annoying comment to see on this forum, coming from a man who claim to be igbo ,calling out an entire tribe because of action of few on nairaland forum.
I'm not stupid! IGBO ADAGE;IF ONE OF YOUR FINGER TOUCHES THE PALM OIL IT WILL AFFECT THE OTHER FINGERS.the best way up in life is to always pause and ask your self honest and hard questions.. you said Igbo hatred have been on the rise? what exactly is the cause of this Igbo hatred? THERE ARE TWO THAT I KNOW..1.prosperity attracts jealousy, jealousy leads to hatred.ISAAC & JACOB experienced this type of hatred in there time, in the Bible..jealousy & hatred can also be found in Alaigbo.however, beside prosperity factor, there is another factor which is the number 2:BAD ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOUR HOST.let me stop here & allow you to ponder

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
teamoneline:

It's called inferiority complex and low self esteem. Wanting to please others at the expense of your own to look good in their eyes but little do they know that those people they are trying hard to please will never give a damn about them. The igbos like the op even go as far as denying Igbo or talking bad about Igbo outside. Hausa do Boko Haram how many hausa deny hausa tribe. Fulani do herdsmen how many Fulani deny being fulani. Because of small issue you see them low self esteem Igbo denying their tribe just like Peter deny Jesus but as usual it will end in premium tears. Anybody that tells me rubbish about Igbo outside i shut the person down immediately even as I've never supported ipob before but you dear not talk bad about my Igbo tribe. God bless Igbo worldwide
I am 100% Igbo more than you.THE BEST YOU CAN DO FOR ME IS,TO BLOW THE WHISTLE OF RECALL WHEN EVER I'M DRIFTING..IF YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES TO MY ERRORS & MISDEEDS because I'M IGBO THEN, YOU ARE NOT MY GOOD BROTHER.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
my brother what i don't support is intimation the abuse igbos and you say they should keep quite because we have business in there region that's stupidity of the highest he that wears shoes knows where it pains him, igbos are trying how do you have all region facing you blackmailing blacklashing u and u keep quit go and tell that Israel that bullshit, undecided yoruba should be one been a peacemarker rather the masturbate on igbos topic with useless hausa tribe the Abokis grin cheesy illiterate aboki that do pick crabs from dustbin in East undecided undecided
It's the duty of every one to make peace.we can engage, argue with out using abusive words

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dozen Of Military Trucks & Vehicles Spotted In Lagos (video) / Throwback Photo Of Inec-chairman-mahmood-yakubu-wearing Apc Cap / 1,000 Naira Note: Will there be inflation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.