Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank (454 Views)

Withdraw From Binance Directly To Your Nigerian Bank Account Without Using P2P / Pls How Can One Withdraw Funds From Passfolio Account To Nigerian Bank Account / How Do I Transfer RMB On My Wechat To My Nigerian Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank by Tundipo(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
I went to make a cash deposit at one of GTB's branch along Airport road, Lagos State around 4:30pm in the afternoon on the 14th of September 2020.
I counted the money twice and got 226,500 naira, which I filled up in the deposit slip (500537332). While counting the money I remember counting 143 pieces of 1,000 naira notes, only for the cashier to count 139 pieces.
I submitted it to the cashier who was a female, I told her I counted the money under pressure, only for her to keep the money on her table of which I couldn't see it well. She counted it and got 223,000 naira which was 3,500 naira less than I counted initially.
I would appreciate if a review can be done through the CCTV of the bank to be sure if part of my money wasn't kept aside as a result of me loosing slight focus so I can believe that my money wasn't taken by cashier while I looked away.

This was the mail I sent to GTB and also copied CBN but up until now nothing has been done about it. I later discovered it was 4,000 naira deficit not 3,500 naira.
Re: Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank by Tundipo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tundipo:
I went to make a cash deposit at one of GTB's branch along Airport road, Lagos State around 4:30pm in the afternoon on the 14th of September 2020.
I counted the money twice and got 226,500 naira, which I filled up in the deposit slip (500537332). While counting the money I remember counting 143 pieces of 1,000 naira notes, only for the cashier to count 139 pieces.
I submitted it to the cashier who was a female, I told her I counted the money under pressure, only for her to keep the money on her table of which I couldn't see it well. She counted it and got 223,000 naira which was 3,500 naira less than I counted initially.
I would appreciate if a review can be done through the CCTV of the bank to be sure if part of my money wasn't kept aside as a result of me loosing slight focus so I can believe that my money wasn't taken by cashier while I looked away.

This was the mail I sent to GTB and also copied CBN but up until now nothing has been done about it. I later discovered it was 4,000 naira deficit not 3,500 naira.

In regards to this, I am yet to get any feedback from the branch of GTbank where this incident occurred.

I am willing to take a step further by taking a legal action against the financial institution if I don't get a response from them in the next 48 hours of which I will also be involving the media.

Kind regards

This was the mail I sent to the same channel on the 21st of which nothing was still done about it.
Re: Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank by PlayerMeji: 12:12am On Sep 26, 2020
My friend, take them to court...

The government is using every instrument of government to siphon every naira from the common man.

Use every instrument of law to hit back at the bank... Don't relent.. Let them think the money is above that 3500, only then can we get good services in Nigeria.

The people must never be afraid of the system, the system must be afraid of the people!
Re: Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank by Tundipo(m): 4:41am On Sep 26, 2020
I hope this can be brought to the front page so people can understand the other side of financial institutions who are meant to secure one's money.
Re: Fraudulent Activity From A Nigerian Bank by Emmysky(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
This one is small sef. I once took 325000 to Eco bank to pay, despite I counted twice from home before going to the bank and my friend/partner also counted it yet at the bank with their stupid machine, they told me I was 20k short
I was just so pissed but I still had to send the 305k like that

(1) (Reply)

Return Of Funds Rather Than Return On Funds / DW ARERBEN Is Now Turning To Be A PONZI Investment / They Laughed When I Said I'd Be The One To Elevate My Family From Poverty....but

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.