Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty (41329 Views)

Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) / Russia Sinks Aircraft Carrier Near Hawai As US Navy Strike Group Heads To Region / How Western Togoland Group Staged Successful Attacks In Ghanaian Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by spiralwedge(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2020
When the whole of Togo and Benin Republic should be merged with Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Fash20: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:
Personally, I think all African countries should renegotiate their sovereignty. It is foolhardiness to be clingy to the greedy, unlawful, illegal and immoral partitioning of Africa in 1884 by white racists.

We need new countries in Africa. We should however not resort to this level of crass violence to achieve it.

Until we sit down and talk, across Africa, we will keep having this issues. I mean, look at the Ambazonia issue in Cameroon.

Africa, Think.

Abi now.

Every Nigerian who scream racist is also a racist
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by berrystunn(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2020
ignis:

not yet honey

Pentium 1

Lodging..... 235,467,357MB file.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by AreaFada2: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2020
Kudejo:

This is what happens when you don't put enough funding in your military, imagine IPOB trying to forcefully claim a part of Nigeria, under this Buhari Administration any National threat no matter how minimal is meet with extreme force
Force will ultimately fail. Do we have more military might than USSR had?

Humans value identity and freedom. Empires never last forever. So many countries will still split. Even some developed countries like UK and Canada, maybe Belgium too over time.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by SEXONLY: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2020
57,000 square kilometres (22,008 square miles) Togo

238,535 km2 (92,099 sq mi), Ghana

28,454 square kilometers, Oyo state.

9jayes:

Togo and Ghana put together are not up to Oyo state

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Fash20: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You have a point.

But then again, splitting isn't necessarily an African thing. Former USSR splitted, North and South Korea splitted. Québec has had multiple referendums to split away from Canada, etc.

Along what lines should a continent as diverse as Africa split? It will only be a matter of years before the new countries start splitting again. Besides, the effects of splitting affects generations unborn cause families might be separated if care is not taken and even with the splitting, y'all would still be neigbours and if there is no peace, it will affect y'all's economy badly. What Africa needs is a government structure that is similar to what we have in Canada. Let each province in a country be as autonomous as possible.

At least we will sit and talk about our future. We must first admit that colonialists did a very bad job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by fineboynl(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2020
sacajawea:
Hello All, Pls I want to Know why my Washing machine Shocks me sometimes. Why Pls
this Medium sized twin Tubs
inspect the wall socket. there is a wire leak.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by flyingpig: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You have a point.

But then again, splitting isn't necessarily an African thing. Former USSR splitted, North and South Korea splitted. Québec has had multiple referendums to split away from Canada, etc.

Along what lines should a continent as diverse as Africa split? It will only be a matter of years before the new countries start splitting again. Besides, the effects of splitting affects generations unborn cause families might be separated if care is not taken and even with the splitting, y'all would still be neigbours and if there is no peace, it will affect y'all's economy badly. What Africa needs is a government structure that is similar to what we have in Canada. Let each province in a country be as autonomous as possible.
Fantastic submission
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Franking: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2020
Some countries have less than 500k population. Lest we deviate Nigeria can and should disintegrate and birth as many as five different countries. Every group should decide for themselves what they want. Any forced marriage will not work.

All hail Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by hisgrace090: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Mr. man,both of are on the same both...just that you've chose to contradict yourself, not me....

So they're no longer as small as bayelsa?
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by techtechh: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2020
daddytime:
Let's see how Ghana handles this and what becomes of the Western Togolaise clamour.

Their success or failure will serve as a blueprint/lesson for Nigeria and her agitators for secession.
Nigerians looking up to Ghana grin grin
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by olajide8(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:

Source: https://www.dw.com/en/ghanas-western-togoland-region-declares-sovereignty/a-55051426

I think there is a problem with all eastern parts of all African countries, they are all high on successionism - Nigeria - ghana - ethiopia only cameroun has a western challenge and Niger the southern part that wants to be part of Nigeria - I am just wondering, if they allow people split along their preferences we would have more then 3000 countries in africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by OyinO: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You have a point.

This comment is only two inches away from complete rubbish. In other words you're saying that we should endure and suffer from generations past, to present generations and to future/unborn generations forever and ever (World Without End) because some colonial imperialists joined us together for colonial interests chiefly RESOURCE THEFT? You're saying because of family splitting, we should suffer and endure everlasting ANIMAL FARM deprivation, suppression, retrogression, oppression, and endemic poverty in the midst of unquantifiable surplus? So you only have bad examples of splitting to buttress your point? You have not heard of Scotland and Ireland? You have not heard of several flourishing economies that splitted away from former dominant oppressors who are now doing well and better compared to their former enslaved and oppressed status?
You're afraid of positive change so that we suffer the injustices, suffering, poverty and neglect our forefathers, parents and people suffered since 1914? Whether each family becomes a sovereign state in the future is nobody's headache or heartache as long as it will lead to thriving States and economies existing in EQUAL RIGHTS, JUSTICE, PEACE, LOVE, UNITY AND PROSPERITY.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2020
Kudejo:

This is what happens when you don't put enough funding in your military, imagine IPOB trying to forcefully claim a part of Nigeria, under this Buhari Administration any National threat no matter how minimal is meet with extreme force
Lol... Says someone who can't go to his village because of ordinary cattle rearers

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by ruggedtimi(m): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2020
That's aflao...those guys no look like ghanaians
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:31am On Sep 26, 2020
9jayes:

Togo and Ghana put together are not up to Oyo state

What do you mean, in landmass? Guy, get your geography right.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by ruggedtimi(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2020
I still dey wonder after the American civil war, they have lived as one forever. Why Africans be like this, they feel is when you have ur own country you would do better, ask South Sudan how they living
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2020
tobechi74:
American are great for uniting together
Russia wants Ukraine to come back

Africa want division

Division based on different tribe and religion

Whenever we meet a stranger, we try to evaluate the person in terms of our perception. We try to see what we share in common. The more similarly,the tendency to open ourselves more to friendship. We reserve a space  for those who share our family, language, ethnicity and expand it to those who share our hobbies,job, religion etc. This  common trait enable us build bridges beyond ourselves and those outside of us .

In the same way, when the dissimilarities are more, we create a barrier . We do not include them in our circle . We create imaginary wall. We hold our emotion so tight .

We are consciously or unconsciously connecting with people or saperating from them.The boss who isolates himself from the  workers treating them as  human machine  is building a wall of saperation . The master who offers a word of appreciation,, ask how the children are doing  builds bridges of connection. Every wall we build breeds a new wall . 

Whatever keeps us from reaching out to people is a wall. It could be sence of superiority, wall of selfishness, intolerance, group,fear etc

To curb this, we should see ourselves first as human and admit that the other is a living being like us. Developing closeness to the entire human. Seeing ourselves in terms of this group or that group obstructs us from a wider identity as human beings. We should refrain from getting so attached to our religion or group as that would blind us from seeing the value of another religion. We can take a cue from doctors and red Cross members who offer assistance to injured without inquiring about the patient group. Our motive should be universal compassion and desire to alleviate the suffering of others.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/07/of-walls-and-bridges/

Well said.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Mcreloaded(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2020
This is what happens when a group or section of a country is not well represented.
When all regions manage their resources and the federal government removes nepotism there will be peace, hope and satisfaction there by bringing the best out of every region.
The power in the center is too much and it is always abused that's why some group who feel marginalized always agitate for secission.

Nigeria for example have northerners in most of not all sensitive position in the country and yet you want the minorities to be happy or is it the rail way being built in some regions and even being planned to be extended to other countries while some regions in Nigeria look on.

Please our leaders try and practice true federalism that is inclusive of all regions to reduce or stop all these agitation for secission.
I rest our case
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by okuta007: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:
Personally, I think all African countries should renegotiate their sovereignty. It is foolhardiness to be clingy to the greedy, unlawful, illegal and immoral partitioning of Africa in 1884 by white racists.

We need new countries in Africa. We should however not resort to this level of crass violence to achieve it.

Until we sit down and talk, across Africa, we will keep having this issues. I mean, look at the Ambazonia issue in Cameroon.

Africa, Think.

most brilliant sentence on nairaland in 2020

the white colonials who created these countries in Berlin have renegotiated their EU membership BUT Africans are stuck because we don’t want to offend the neo-colonialists in the Metropoles, nansense!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by BigBashiru: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:

Africa, Think.

Were the blacks so dumb and inferior they could not resist the partitioning? The race card is an old card.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by BigBashiru: 11:54am On Sep 26, 2020
ruggedtimi:
I still dey wonder after the American civil war, they have lived as one forever. Why Africans be like this, they feel is when you have ur own country you would do better, ask South Sudan how they living

You have hit the nail on the head!! And this is the sole reason Africa will not make progress - inability to come together as one. Even in Nigeria there's infighting between Yoruba Hausa and igbo in Lagos there's infighting between tribes same in imo and Plateau
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Badonasty(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2020
one thing I've learnt about African leaders is that they copy foreign constitution,they model their policies in a foreign way but they discard the things they don't like...you can't copy American system and not implement it fully...you can't copy Westminster system and not implement it fully
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by BigBashiru: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2020
OyinO:

This comment is only two inches away from complete rubbish. In other words you're saying that we should endure and suffer from generations past, to present generations and to future/unborn generations forever and ever (World Without End) because some colonial imperialists joined us together for colonial interests chiefly RESOURCE THEFT? You're saying because of family splitting, we should suffer and endure everlasting ANIMAL FARM deprivation, suppression, retrogression, oppression, and endemic poverty in the midst of unquantifiable surplus? So you only have bad examples of splitting to buttress your point? You have not heard of Scotland and Ireland? You have not heard of several flourishing economies that splitted away from former dominant oppressors who are now doing well and better compared to their former enslaved and oppressed status?
You're afraid of positive change so that we suffer the injustices, suffering, poverty and neglect our forefathers, parents and people suffered since 1914? Whether each family becomes a sovereign state in the future is nobody's headache or heartache as long as it will lead to thriving States and economies existing in EQUAL RIGHTS, JUSTICE, PEACE, LOVE, UNITY AND PROSPERITY.

They die not steal any resources - they came for trade and there's nothing wrong with that.... note that it's not only Africa that has resources - Europe also has resources there just happens to be some in Africa not in Europe. Guts stop playing the race and colonialism card take responsibility
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by aumeehn: 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kingstanding:
. Your 100% right. In Nigeria it is only northerners that are afraid of breaking up. Southern Nigeria are creative, intellectual and accommodative people.
who told you Northern Nigeria are afraid of breakup! The Leaders who are the main beneficiaries are the ones afraid of Breakup, even your so called kinsmen that are in Government are afraid of breakup. Besides who told you Northerners are not creative? You guys are always underestimating the power of the North and overestimating yourselves. Let me tell you the North will excel far better than the south because we have a unifying factor what about you guys? If the Northern Government will invest in Agriculture Northern Nigeria will feed the whole of west and north Africa. Stop underestimating Arewa.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by vRendoh(m): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:

Africa, Think.

You sabi book! You said my mouth!
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by moneyissweet(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
Righteousness89 is nwaamaipke... Dude has given his life to Christ.

Stop searching

kokkubabboni421:
If only I knew this topic was the reason I booked space, I would have spent my time searching for NwaAmaikpe and await the comment of my new nigga Slawormir.
That said, I need that paid vpn from you

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kudejo:

Yeah, just like Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by sambrow(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You have a point.

You make so much sense
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
Flytime:
you typed nothing but the truth

Take a look at the European or american world
One country,one culture....why won't they progress?

In africa 1 country , various cultures and who wants to be divided
In south africa zulu vs xhosa while tsonga's feel they are 3rd class citizens

In Nigeria igbo vs yoruba vs hausa
Everybody want to go their ways

Europeans have MANY different cultures. And as you are surely aware, many different languages.

Which unity?

Over the past few centuries, they've bickered and fought, and slaughtered themselves in the tens of millions.

The last time was just 70 years ago and it left over 50 million people dead.

These peaceful times we live in is unprecedented.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by amuwo1980: 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
Aboki and afons will be wetting their diapers now
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by ElValiente(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
No sea port?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Trump Declares National Emergency / World's Heaviest Baby Weighing 15 Pounds / Nourah Al-qahtani: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 45 Yrs In Prison Over 'twitter Post'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.