Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty (41330 Views)

Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) / Russia Sinks Aircraft Carrier Near Hawai As US Navy Strike Group Heads To Region / How Western Togoland Group Staged Successful Attacks In Ghanaian Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by DragonFire433: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
jerseyboy:
Ghana Must Go

You can also say Ghana must break-up.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by dometome: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
olajide8:

I think there is a problem with all eastern parts of all African countries, they are all high on successionism - Nigeria - ghana - ethiopia only cameroun has a western challenge and Niger the southern part that wants to be part of Nigeria - I am just wondering, if they allow people split along their preferences we would have more then 3000 countries in africa
who cares if they are up to one million? That is far better than countries that were created by white racists. BTW Europeans don't have the monopoly of creating countries.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Flytime: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

Europeans have MANY different cultures. And as you are surely aware, many different languages.

Which unity?

Over the past few centuries, they've bickered and fought, and slaughtered themselves in the tens of millions.

The last time was just 70 years ago and it left over 50 million people dead.

These peaceful times we live in is unprecedented.
I'm not talking about the continent,I'm talking about a country for example england,spain or france
The three of them have one culture each,not cultures immigrants brought.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by ElValiente(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
kokkubabboni421:
If only I knew this topic was the reason I booked space, I would have spent my time searching for NwaAmaikpe and await the comment of my new nigga Slawormir.
That said, I need that paid vpn from you
miss my niqqa too.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by professore(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
Pure political science here
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by TinubuGoQuench(f): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
tobechi74:
American are great for uniting together
Russia wants Ukraine to come back

Africa want division

Division based on different tribe and religion

Whenever we meet a stranger, we try to evaluate the person in terms of our perception. We try to see what we share in common. The more similarly,the tendency to open ourselves more to friendship. We reserve a space  for those who share our family, language, ethnicity and expand it to those who share our hobbies,job, religion etc. This  common trait enable us build bridges beyond ourselves and those outside of us .

In the same way, when the dissimilarities are more, we create a barrier . We do not include them in our circle . We create imaginary wall. We hold our emotion so tight .

We are consciously or unconsciously connecting with people or saperating from them.The boss who isolates himself from the  workers treating them as  human machine  is building a wall of saperation . The master who offers a word of appreciation,, ask how the children are doing  builds bridges of connection. Every wall we build breeds a new wall . 

Whatever keeps us from reaching out to people is a wall. It could be sence of superiority, wall of selfishness, intolerance, group,fear etc

To curb this, we should see ourselves first as human and admit that the other is a living being like us. Developing closeness to the entire human. Seeing ourselves in terms of this group or that group obstructs us from a wider identity as human beings. We should refrain from getting so attached to our religion or group as that would blind us from seeing the value of another religion. We can take a cue from doctors and red Cross members who offer assistance to injured without inquiring about the patient group. Our motive should be universal compassion and desire to alleviate the suffering of others.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/07/of-walls-and-bridges/

SUCH A LONG SENSELESS POST!
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by vaxx: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
9jayes:

Togo and Ghana put together are not up to Oyo state
the northern region of Ghana is bigger than the entire South west Nigeria by land mass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Abagworo(m): 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:
Personally, I think all African countries should renegotiate their sovereignty. It is foolhardiness to be clingy to the greedy, unlawful, illegal and immoral partitioning of Africa in 1884 by white racists.

We need new countries in Africa. We should however not resort to this level of crass violence to achieve it.

Until we sit down and talk, across Africa, we will keep having this issues. I mean, look at the Ambazonia issue in Cameroon.

Africa, Think.

The same foreign forces that partitioned Africa at the Berlin conference might still be the ones behind the present instability.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Kirigidi(m): 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
9jayes:

How? In what terms? Population or landmass? In both landmass and population sizes, Oyo State is no match to Ghana. For your information, Ghana is bigger than the entire southern Nigeria (South-West+ South-East+South-South combined). Ghana has a landmass of 238,535 sq.km. On the other hand, the landmass of the whole southern Nigeria (SW+SS+SE) is just approximately 193,777 sq.km. How then will you compare a small Oyo State that has a landmass of just 28,4 54 sq.km to a whole country Ghana that has landmass of 238,535 sq.km? It's better you keep quiet than display your ignorance. Even in terms of population, Ghana's population is approximately 28,480,000 (2016), while Oyo State's population is approximately 7,840,900 (NPC projection, 2016).
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by WoundedLamb: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
OyinO:

This comment is only two inches away from complete rubbish. In other words you're saying that we should endure and suffer from generations past, to present generations and to future/unborn generations forever and ever (World Without End) because some colonial imperialists joined us together for colonial interests chiefly RESOURCE THEFT? You're saying because of family splitting, we should suffer and endure everlasting ANIMAL FARM deprivation, suppression, retrogression, oppression, and endemic poverty in the midst of unquantifiable surplus? So you only have bad examples of splitting to buttress your point? You have not heard of Scotland and Ireland? You have not heard of several flourishing economies that splitted away from former dominant oppressors who are now doing well and better compared to their former enslaved and oppressed status?
You're afraid of positive change so that we suffer the injustices, suffering, poverty and neglect our forefathers, parents and people suffered since 1914? Whether each family becomes a sovereign state in the future is nobody's headache or heartache as long as it will lead to thriving States and economies existing in EQUAL RIGHTS, JUSTICE, PEACE, LOVE, UNITY AND PROSPERITY.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. You don't know how to have a civil conversation. Enjoy your opinion.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by bigtt76(f): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2020
Not sure how that would help though. African countries are most hostile to themselves than European countries are to each other. Infact African countries respect the western countries more and are ready to shift grounds to accommodate them than their own African Brothers and sisters.

As an African, you can't even travel freely or live freely within another African Union or Ecowas country... what makes us different from the western countries requesting visas from Africans before they can visit? Crazy

What I'm saying in essence is that, greed above anything else fuels these calls for disintegration any more than the feeling of being marginalized.

JerryLekki:
Personally, I think all African countries should renegotiate their sovereignty. It is foolhardiness to be clingy to the greedy, unlawful, illegal and immoral partitioning of Africa in 1884 by white racists.

We need new countries in Africa. We should however not resort to this level of crass violence to achieve it.

Until we sit down and talk, across Africa, we will keep having this issues. I mean, look at the Ambazonia issue in Cameroon.

Africa, Think.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by olajide8(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
dometome:
who cares if they are up to one million? That is far better than countries that were created by white racists. BTW Europeans don't have the monopoly of creating countries.

Well truthfully said, sha! Come to think of it the continent with 1m presidents
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by WoundedLamb: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Joemetry:

Una ehn!

Why do you think splitting isn't necessary and Africa thing and who told you that the Europeans own the monopoly of splitting and forming new states when coexistence isn't achievable after decades of forced union?

About being Neighbours; Vatican is not only a neighborhor to Italy, it is inside of Italy.

What about Kosovo, North and South Korea, Singapore Malaysia, South and North Sudan and even now Scotland wanting to leave the Britain?

People who are self determined (as self determination is boldly inked in the constitutions all over the world) must be allowed to be
on their own, exhibit what they feel they couldn't express unless they're independent.

The easiest way of achieving peace is by prompting freedom!!!

I am surprised how you totally misunderstood the first statement and still went ahead to say things that support it. When someone says "splitting isn't necessarily an African thing" and proceeds to give examples of countries that splitted in Europe, Asia and the Americas, he is only saying that splitting is a general thing and not peculiar to any continent. He's not saying Europe has the monopoly.

The point is there is that splitting doesn't necessarily come cause of past colonial effects cause many countries that didn't have that still splitted.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Multiplier7(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kirigidi:
How? In what terms? Population or landmass? In both landmass and population sizes, Oyo State is no match to Ghana. For your information, Ghana is bigger than the entire southern Nigeria (South-West+ South-East+South-South combined). Ghana has a landmass of 238,535 sq.km. On the other hand, the landmass of the whole southern Nigeria (SW+SS+SE) is just approximately 193,777 sq.km. How then will you compare a small Oyo State that has a landmass of just 28,4 54 sq.km to a whole country Ghana that has landmass of 238,535 sq.km? It's better you keep quiet than display your ignorance. Even in terms of population, Ghana's population is approximately 28,480,000 (2016), while Oyo State's population is approximately 7,840,900 (NPC projection, 2016).
In other words only two states in Nigeria, Lagos state and Kano state are bigger than a whole country Ghana

The guy is on point though he used the wrong state
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by WoundedLamb: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
kikake:

Survival in a country you call yours is first and most important, not economic benefits in belonging to one big country.

My post never said otherwise. Even so, survival cannot be separated from economy. You'd still depend on each other to survive.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Kirigidi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
focus7:
How much is all Ghana that a section is ceding?

Even Bayelsa state will be bigger than Ghana if the secession scales through
Ignorance! Ghana is far bigger than the whole southern Nigeria (SW+SS+SS combined). Ghana has a landmass of 238,535 sq.km, while the landmass of the entire southern Nigeria SW+SS+SE) is just 193,777 sq.km. In terms of population, Ghana's population is approximately 31,072,940 (UN data, 2020).

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by WoundedLamb: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
mysteryman2014:

Cultural affliction should be considered as a factor in splitting.

Seeing how extremely diverse African is in terms of culture, this would only result in many countries as small as a state and some of these countries wouldn't even be economically viable enough to survive on it's own so they'd still depend almost entirely on the people they splitted away from. In that case, they wouldn't even be able to complain of marginalization anymore.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by WoundedLamb: 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
RealAlubarika:

That is the way to go, but do you think these greedy leaders at the helm of affair will allow such structure?? Cause they're the major beneficiaries of this current system

Leadership has always been a problem in Africa, sadly.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Imefonukoenin11: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2020
JerryLekki:

Africa, Think.

You're right.

It's funny for one country to have Sultans, Obas, Ezes, sharia law and the biggest church auditoriums in the world. I mean, what other indicator do you need to know such a country is not a ”Nation”?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Kirigidi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
Multiplier7:
In other words only two states in Nigeria, Lagos state and Kano state are bigger than a whole country Ghana

The guy is on point though he used the wrong state
Are you using population size or landmass? It is only in terms of population that a combination of Lagos and Kano states will match that of Ghana, but in terms of landmass, a combination of Lagos and Kano (20,131 sq.km+3,577 sq.km=23,708 sq.km) is not up to one-tenth of the landmass of Ghana (238,535 sq.km).

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Ejike3: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
sacajawea:
Hello All, Pls I want to Know why my Washing machine Shocks me sometimes. Why Pls
this Medium sized twin Tubs

Open the top cover that protects the machine timer knob. There is little water in there which conducts electricity from the timer terminals, dry it up with rag. Examine the wires there and insulate any leakage. It happened to mine twice.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
9jayes:

Ghana is bigger than Niger and borno states put together...Stop spilling trash.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by bigfish3k: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kudejo:

This is what happens when you don't put enough funding in your military, imagine IPOB trying to forcefully claim a part of Nigeria, under this Buhari Administration any National threat no matter how minimal is meet with extreme force
Extreme force which excludes boko haram, bandits, Iswap, fulani herdsmen and kidnappers
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by bigfish3k: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
Flytime:
actually north korea and south korea was splitted by the usa and Russia,it wasn't their choice

Most of the territories spliitted from ussr where colonized by Russia ,it's just like Nigeria colonizing togo and cameroon and when a peaceful leader comes in they split from us

The leader that stopped regional government in Nigeria is to be blamed
And those that support and perpetuate the unitary system we are currently experiencing shouldn't be blamed despite knowing fully well that its not working
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by sacajawea: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
fineboynl:
inspect the wall socket. there is a wire leak.
it is not from the wall Socket
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by bigfish3k: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
Empiree:
Entire borders of African continent need border collapse. There should be United States Of Africa. This is why I'm not supporting any cessation
Yes after the border collapse then you declare sharia to govern us all. Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by bigfish3k: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
spiralwedge:
When the whole of Togo and Benin Republic should be merged with Ghana.
Yes, so as to spur up tribal, language and religious conflicts as currently experienced by the ambazonians in cameroon and Biafrans in Nigeria
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by vioment: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ghana e dun happen o. God dun catch una, una wan dey maltreat based on tribe. Gada urself o, no vex naija during this period.

Una must learn to live like UK. If you annoy naija anyhow now, we fit change am for you.

We love una like siblings sha. We can't say the same for you, with confidence.

Facts: more Nigerians will say Ghana more than any other African country, if you ask them to name one African country.

We like the USA style without the racism, because we are a very diverse people. U no know as e dey happen but e dey happen.

U people were busy laffing at our tribal mumuism. Our lack of cooperation. Our religious divide; but una get the same thing for una eyes.

If naija was wise, this is a good time to enforce and encourage a stop to tribal violence in Cameroon, Ghana, Chad, etc. We should all discuss and practice a United way forward
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by Freelance363: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Africa countries should understand that the push for sovereignty by some sections of the country won't stop.
A people seeking sovreignty should be allowed to become a country of their own.But of course,greediness won't let them do it.
Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by jrusky(m): 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
Oh really? Let see how Ghana govt will handle this?

I think to be chasing Nigerians around they love doing till they were caught unaware and their country splited.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty by EMMY76: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ghana is really more civilized than nigeria if it were here in nigeria buhari govt would have immediately sent in bloodthirsty nigerian soildiers to massacre them mercilessly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Trump Declares National Emergency / World's Heaviest Baby Weighing 15 Pounds / Nourah Al-qahtani: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 45 Yrs In Prison Over 'twitter Post'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.