Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development (12918 Views)

Obidients Declare Operation One Borehole Project Per Community In Support Of Obi / Man Mobilizes His Ward For Peter Obi in Delta State (pictures) / Gboyega Oyetola Arrives His Ward For APC Primary Election (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by AmazingELixir: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2020
lipsrsealed

All I see is massive deployment of cash to APC ward heads and chieftains which will be in turn channelled as donations to the brown teeth baron for his 2023 quest.

Apc party of saintly thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by anonimi: 8:40am On Sep 26, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by anonimi: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2020
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

All I see is massive deployment of cash to APC ward heads and chieftains which will be in turn channelled to the brown teeth baron for his 2023 quest.

Truly amazing elixir of intelligence grin
The indicted drug lord of Lagos is cleaning up for his 2023 war chest.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10403239_1037000020191010185832jpeg6fb8a2f2e9bc057c5a6666b4c2854a9c_jpeg373f54eea5751b32e52962e1e7a9fc65

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2080663_olee_jpeg50ac2c9e26795655ae17af1287062b25

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by West2019(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2020
I pity Nigeria what is special here .
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Handy007: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Figure head nonsense
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by zuto4u(m): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Any update on Lagos light rail project? Is work still ongoing or has the project been abandoned as usual?
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Revolution001: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2020
BruncleZuma:
And it's news...governor does his job and Nigerians are shocked! More on this when we return from our commercial break.

[img]https://media1./images/e59b1e5da40d5a1ca1a5aaf5fbcdbba7/tenor.gif[/img]

God bless you
It's his job with tax payers' money...
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by BruncleZuma: 9:38am On Sep 26, 2020
Revolution001:

God bless you
It's his job with tax payers' money...

My dear, if I talk dem go say I be bad belle
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Unified07: 9:39am On Sep 26, 2020
Gooooood of him
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by seguntijan(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2020
majamajic:

Are u a Lagosian ?

I didn't cross the Niger river, proudly omo oga in Ikorodu, schooled from nursery through polytechnic to university in Lagos, served Nigeria in Lagos and gainfully employed in Lagos. hoping to govern the state when it is my time.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by idafa2018: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2020
Dead on arrival,another means to enrich the leaders
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by majamajic(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2020
seguntijan:

I didn't cross the Niger river, proudly omo oga in Ikorodu, schooled from nursery through polytechnic to university in Lagos, served Nigeria in Lagos and gainfully employed in Lagos. hoping to govern the state when it is my time.

So your parents are from ikorodu ? Are u originated from ikorodu , not born
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by iamdannyfc(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2020
Cantonese:
What's special about that especially as all wards have many needs? So if one ward chooses a school project, roads are neglected for example? Our leaders should just wake up and spend massively on projects all over the nation.
And that is what the initiative is all about.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by iamdannyfc(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2020
majamajic:

Sanwo olu will beat fashola , by the time he finish his 8 yrs
If sanwo olu followed fashola immediately , Lagos for don go far
Fashola will still be my all time favourite as a governor in lagos. Thou he is now part of the dullards in aso rock.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Hamburgfinest(m): 10:55am On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=Hambivert post=94316996]Sparogatively, I just want to ask what is the function of the Local Government? undecided

If The Federal Government leaves it's own duties and begins to perform the duties of a state, how would that sound¿

Bizarre?

Well, I don't find this commendable . Give the Local Government back their powers! Some would say that the Local Government structure has failed, well, if it has, the state made it fail.

We do Local Government elections and elect chairmen who are supposed to oversee the Local Government and Ward affairs, but na lie, our greedy state level politicians no go allow dem see money wey dem go use do their work. [

i disagree with you none of the local government chairmen are in their localities,for an example Amuwo chairman is living in Lekki.most of them are living either in island or ikeja.

So tell me how will they be able to function proper..
Our LGA needs complete restructuring and reposition for them to function again..

For now they’re better in the hands of state government for lesser corruption....
May God bless the day....
]
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by balitaaluminium(f): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2020
Happy weekend to us all.

Contact Balita Aluminium for All kinds of Aluminium for house roofing .
Give me a call or whatapp me on 090-38-14-51-66. Think Aluminium, think quality, think Balita.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Friend22(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, I just want to ask what is the function of the Local Government? undecided

If The Federal Government leaves it's own duties and begins to perform the duties of a state, how would that sound¿

Bizarre?

Well, I don't find this commendable . Give the Local Government back their powers! Some would say that the Local Government structure has failed, well, if it has, the state made it fail.

We do Local Government elections and elect chairmen who are supposed to oversee the Local Government and Ward affairs, but na lie, our greedy state level politicians no go allow dem see money wey dem go use do their work.

Your input are really worth looking at but،I think what the governor is doing here is looking at projects which are ordinarily beyond the capacity of local government chairmen then doing something to solve it.

In all,they are all working for the betterment of their people.
And again, it could be what we read here does not fully capture the essensce of what the governor is working on.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Friend22(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2020
Cantonese:
What's special about that especially as all wards have many needs? So if one ward chooses a school project, roads are neglected for example? Our leaders should just wake up and spend massively on projects all over the nation.

This comment really proves why many of you have no idea how government is run.
You say anything that idelusional that pops out of your brain.

Have you asked yourself how funds are generated?
What a ward even look like?
And how things work at that level?
You think to rule people is like drinking tea and having cake for break fast?
It's clear some of you just want to make noise without knowing working with clear thought out plans than doing everything like a bull in China shop.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Friend22(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2020
Ikea81:

Confused governor . Tinubu's puppet, settler of agbero

Keep mouthing rubbish!
I would prefer to have a godfather who knows his onions than over sabi people like who know nothing but always seeking people's down fall.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by olatuns2017: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
BruncleZuma:
And it's news...governor does his job and Nigerians are shocked! More on this when we return from our commercial break.

[img]https://media./images/5c68ec38b0d60755a4a5d6a560c6b69c/tenor.gif[/img]
As they do in ur villiage
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Mubiola360: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=Hambivert post=94316996]Sparogatively, I just want to ask what is the function of the Local Government? undecided
I thought I heard of local government financial autonomy. what an audio government we have here.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Morolan: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sammy07:

Like seriously.

And I don't know how Pdp will be able to win Lagos state

PDP should focus on grassroots If they wish to take the state

Any political party that wants to take Lagos should do real community work. Not by unending campaigns and manifestos.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Cantonese: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Friend22:

This comment really proves why many of you have no idea how government is run.
You say anything that idelusional that pops out of your brain.

Have you asked yourself how funds are generated?
What a ward even look like?
And how things work at that level?
You think to rule people is like drinking tea and having cake for break fast?
It's clear some of you just want to make noise without knowing working with clear thought out plans than doing everything like a bull in China shop.

That's the problem with our Nigerians who have refused to see how failed leaderships have placed this country on the inglorious list of the poorest nations. Some travel away from this country and live in small villages, a little larger than your wards and find peace because all social amenities are in place in those countries.

If you took your time to read between the lines you would have better understood my comment.

When you use the word "delusional", you may have wanted to sound cheeky and also needed your comment to sound as if you are quite knowledgeable about how governments operate or give us a proper definition of wards are.

Do not make yourself sound like some of those bewitched already by politicians and made to defend their glaring failures.

"You think to rule people is like drinking tea...."? Why vie for a political office? It is assumed before you get elected into a position that you know the challenges and what solutions you can provide. Why did you play the ostrich with that comment? Do you not know what corruption has cost this country in terms of developmental projects?

Looking at Nigeria over the years since our independence in 1960, can you truthfully say our social amenities are commensurate with the resources generated within this mentioned period.

What is the joy with a government (s)run by a political party or (political parties) for close to 60 years with errible social amenities to show for it? What is there to elicit joy when it is very certain that the so called one project one ward might end up uncompleted as we know. If your ward has some good social amenities have you taken your time to go some some other areas in Lagos where people suffer lack of certain basic amenities?

Please discuss decently with me if you want as I do not want to refer to you too as a noisemaker here.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Morolan: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
olatuns2017:

As they do in ur villiage

We are used to government and public office holders not doing their jobs, so please forgive us when we find the "rare" ones that actually do.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by TrustGo: 11:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sparogatively, I just want to ask what is the function of the Local Government?
Bizarre?
We do Local Government elections and elect chairmen who are supposed to oversee the Local Government and Ward affairs, but na lie, our greedy state level politicians no go allow dem see money wey dem go use do their work.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Ikea81: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
Friend22:

Keep mouthing rubbish!
I would prefer to have a godfather who knows his onions than over sabi people like who know nothing but always seeking people's down fall.

because them give this one illegal work for Alausa , he dey Yan opats. Which onion Tinubu know than to be milking Lagos dry Which one
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Ikea81: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
seguntijan:

At least Lagos State feature in the 10 least livable cities, your state was not even recognize at all, not sure if it will in the next 100 years

Mumu, you guys think Lagos State is the best city to live in Nigeria. Better travel and expand your scope.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation / Tinubu Administration ‘Blackmailed’ Into Making Cybersecurity Levy Policy -Dikwa / Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Plateau Killings - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.